PDA

View Full Version : Violent shows

Amiralanal
07-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Which one was the most violent/dangerous punkshow youve been to?

Marco
07-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Which one was the most violent/dangerous punkshow youve been to?
Shouldn't this be moved to General Chat or other bands? Tour talk is discussing THE OFFSPRING'S tour.

Amiralanal
07-30-2006, 02:20 AM
Shouldn't this be moved to General Chat or other bands? Tour talk is discussing THE OFFSPRING'S tour.

ok i thought i could fill this section out with something other than ''COME TO MY COUNTRY'' threads.

Izie
07-30-2006, 05:16 AM
Eh, as much as I would like some diversity in topics, it IS an Offspring Tour forum. So yeah, this is for GC.

Little_Miss_1565
07-30-2006, 05:32 AM
Dexter kicked me in the back of the head when he jumped into the crowd to stage dive. I was also black and blue for days from being crushed against the barricade. This was at the Metro in Chicago, like a month after Americana came out. I remember Dexter jumped into the crowd face down. Brave man.

Marco
07-30-2006, 05:58 AM
Dexter kicked me in the back of the head when he jumped into the crowd to stage dive. I was also black and blue for days from being crushed against the barricade. This was at the Metro in Chicago, like a month after Americana came out. I remember Dexter jumped into the crowd face down. Brave man.
wow!

Endymion
07-30-2006, 10:06 AM
it didn't happen when i saw them, but xbxrx are known for having a show that lasted only thirty seconds and ended with someone going to the emergency room.

Sin Studly
07-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Hrm... once I saw a guy hit the lead dude from Slayer with a plastic bottle. They stopped playing and pointed at him, and said "Punish him". Then I just heard screaming and the guy sorta flew up in the air then got sucked back down into the crowd, and the music started again. I hope he went to hospital.

Llamas
07-30-2006, 11:25 AM
my most violent was that ben folds concert. actually that's not a lie. ben folds put on a free outdoor concert for a bunch of college kids. Everyone on campus went cause, hey, free concert. He got pissed that the crowd wasn't reacting the way he wanted (like his close following does), so he flipped out on the crowd, and then proceeded to smash and destroy the piano the school had rented for him for the show. And then a riot broke out. That was quite scary.

Ben Folds is a fucking prick. It was a very small school and they suddenly had to pay for this grand piano for him that he just decided to destroy.

When I went to see hanson last year, the guys running venue were pricks. They were super condecending just cause it was a Hanson crowd... they assume that it's all 13 year old girls who love nsync. So at one point, some girl got trampled in the front... the gut got on the overhead during the show and was like "okay, girls, there's no need for violence. If one of your friends falls over during the concert, it's not nice to step on her. You should help her back up." and he kept going on... the majority of the crowd was early 20's women, and their boyfriends. I didn't see a single young girl... I'm pretty sure girls in their 20's know how to behave and don't need to be talked down to. I know this is not a violent concert story, but it pissed me off!

Trippy_
07-30-2006, 12:13 PM
at NOFX show fat mike was going to crowd surf, well, he jumped and i had my hand on pretty bad situation when he came up to me and my right wrist went broken from two spots.

wheelchairman
07-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Hrm... once I saw a guy hit the lead dude from Slayer with a plastic bottle. They stopped playing and pointed at him, and said "Punish him". Then I just heard screaming and the guy sorta flew up in the air then got sucked back down into the crowd, and the music started again. I hope he went to hospital.
I hope this was on the street, and not physically at a slayer concert.

Sin Studly
07-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Says the kid who still has Offspring on his mp3 playlist.

wheelchairman
07-30-2006, 02:33 PM
That was a year ago! And I had one of those 6 gb mp3 player. I had a lot of room.

However the tragic part was that it wasn't just a little offspring, it was *all* the offspring.

Sin Studly
07-30-2006, 02:38 PM
........... I don't like you anymore.

wheelchairman
07-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. Being at a slayer concert (who knows, maybe some chick dragged you there, maybe you were drunk and thought it would be funny) is definitely worse than actuallly liking the offspring.

Sin Studly
07-30-2006, 02:50 PM
No, but see, the Offspring aren't any good.

wheelchairman
07-30-2006, 02:52 PM
You gave Slayer money. :(

killer_queen
07-30-2006, 02:52 PM
I don't think Slayer is better than The Offspring. However their concerts are so much better than offspring's stupid shows.

Llamas
07-30-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't understand why there are so many people here who have been to offspring shows and have had their music who just downright *hate* them. It seems like too many people try to look cool by talking about how much the offspring sucks, and saying that you're stupid if you like them. It's a little ridiculous and immature. The Offspring is by far not one of the worst bands out there... they're not amazingly talented, but good god, people here act like they're britney spears or something.

wheelchairman
07-30-2006, 03:18 PM
It's not that I think they are the worst. It's that my taste has changed dramatically. I don't like what I used to like when I was 12, 13 or 14. If you still do, perhaps you aren't developing at a very good rate.

ninthlayer
07-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Britney's songwriters are infinitely better and more successful than the Offspring.

That was a year ago! And I had one of those 6 gb mp3 player. I had a lot of room.

However the tragic part was that it wasn't just a little offspring, it was *all* the offspring.
Hey Per, guess what? I have the exact same mp3 player as you had then. Has the space on it made me bust out any or all of the Offspring cds that I bought when I was a teenager? No.

Llamas
07-30-2006, 03:23 PM
no, you're not one of the people I was referring to. And no, I don't like the same stuff I liked when I was 12. There are a couple artists I liked then that I still do, but based on the fact that I have 400 cds and 18,000 songs on my computer, I'd say my taste is pretty broad... and I still do like the offspring quite a bit.

Llamas
07-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Britney's songwriters are infinitely better and more successful than the Offspring.

howso exactly? Because they have written more songs that are mechanically engineered to explode on the radio? I don't agree with that. And britney spears herself is a much worse "musician" than the offspring, whether or not we talk about her song writers.

Little_Miss_1565
07-30-2006, 03:27 PM
"Successful" does not necessarily mean "good."

Sin Studly
07-30-2006, 03:28 PM
I never said I still like Slayer, but I'm not ashamed of liking them ; like I am with the Offspring.

Britney Spears is awesome.

offspring fan
07-30-2006, 03:30 PM

i dont think she even write her own songs.

Little_Miss_1565
07-30-2006, 03:35 PM
i dont think she even write her own songs.

...which is why he said "Britney's songwriters."

0r4ng3
07-30-2006, 03:36 PM
i dont think she even write her own songs.Hence, referring to her songwriters.

Fucking DUH.

wheelchairman
07-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Sean, you are the only person in the world I know who likes Joan Cusack.

ninthlayer
07-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Compare

With a taste of your lips, I'm on a ride
You're toxic, I'm slippin' under
With a taste of poison paradise
I'm addicted to you
Don't you know that you're toxic?
And I love what you do
Don't you know that you're toxic?
to

Now excitement seems to grow,
When we're hangin' with the bro's,
When we're chillin' and we pound a case of Stroh's.
Now the game is cool to see,
You can "High 5" on TV,
Count the riot on the one, two, three.
Operation is in sight,
And the field is open wide,
When you break it then you know you're still alive.
If the cops don't make you pay,
And you make your getaway,
Then you know,
That's one fine day.
Yeah,
Then you know,
That it's a one fine day.

The first excerpt is Toxic, a Britney Spears song. The second is One Fine Day, by the Offspring. While both are clearly tailored for poppy mainstream radio/whatever, Toxic's lyrics actually make use of metaphor instead of the straight out fratastic approach that the Offspring take on One Fine Day. While Spears does also have songs that state ridiculous sex appeal like "I'm a slave 4 u" they still aren't as ghastly as jams like "Kill the President! Voice the reason!"

Then there's the whole politics thing, which the popstar doesn't touch and the popgroup dives headlong into.
"Yo yo yo yo yo, pretty fly for a VOTE FOR KERRY!"
"And it feeeeeeeels! And it feeeeeeeeels like BUSH IS A BAD PERSON ZOMG!"

I can't even remember where I'm going with this now.

Llamas
07-30-2006, 03:45 PM
where did that come from? and I liked her in school of rock.

Llamas
07-30-2006, 03:48 PM
well kinda lame that you chose one of the offspring's lyrically worst songs of all... and compared them to britney's lyrically best song.

also, I listen to the offspring, but have never listened to their political views and have never heard anything about them being left wing or being anti-bush. it's not like they write about it in their songs.

and atleast their songs mean something to them and they play music they mean, instead of stuff some douche put together for them. And besides, I never was comparing the offspring to britney's WRITERS. I was comparing them to britney.

ninthlayer
07-30-2006, 03:50 PM
The songs came out at about the same time and were both geared at the same audience. I just showed that Spears did it better.

0r4ng3
07-30-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm not one to argue this, but The Offspring have some better lyrics than that. That's just one, horrible song.

Maybe life is like a ride on a freeway
Dodging bullets while you're trying to find your way
Everyone's around but no one does a damn thing
It brings me down, but I won't let them

If I seem bleak, well you'd be correct
And if I don't speak, it's cause I get disconnected
But I won't be burned by the reflection
Of the fire in your eyes

As you're staring at the sun
I'm not saying that One Fine Day is just a fluke and they really write the best lyrics EVAR, but c'mon, give them some credit.

Edit: Oh, your point was intended audience. I retract this argument.

ninthlayer
07-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Dear Per,

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/tr.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/joan-cusak.jpghttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/joan-cusak.jpghttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/joan-cusak.jpg

Love,
Seangath

jacknife737
07-30-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm amazed at the amount of dislike for the offspring on this website.

Blah Blah Blah, our musical tastes grow, blah, blah, blah, now we're pretentious university students who only listen to the Doors

wheelchairman
07-30-2006, 04:12 PM
There was nothing pretentious to my response. I was explaining why I don't have to like the Offspring anymore. What are you, a mac user?

ninthlayer
07-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Only fags listen to the Doors.

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/images/trolls/troll-male.gif
lawl, trolls.

Sin Studly
07-30-2006, 04:19 PM
well kinda lame that you chose one of the offspring's lyrically worst songs of all.

What, like they have good lyrics in other songs?

jacknife737
07-30-2006, 04:50 PM
There was nothing pretentious to my response. I was explaining why I don't have to like the Offspring anymore. What are you, a mac user?

It wasn't directed at you specifically.

wheelchairman
07-30-2006, 04:51 PM
It wasn't directed at you specifically.
That's a horrible defence. You quoted me, so if you didn't specifically mention me, you certainly referred to me.

ninthlayer
07-30-2006, 04:53 PM
I specifically addressed you and you didn't reply :(

wheelchairman
07-30-2006, 05:00 PM
I specifically addressed you and you didn't reply :(
There was no replyin' to that. .(

Rag Doll
07-30-2006, 06:00 PM
so...to reply to the actual topic...

i got my ass kicked during the first song at a get up kids show (*holiday* in case anyone is wondering). i got knocked over, almost lost one of my converse sneakers, and broke my super-emo glasses =\

i am such a wimp.

bouncingcoles
08-11-2006, 09:21 PM

o man im gonna go to a slayer concert!

bouncingcoles
08-11-2006, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=ninthlayer]Britney's songwriters are infinitely better and more successful than the Offspring.

just because they know how to write songs that are geared towards 9 year old girls doesnt mean they are better at song writing then offspring. and i wouldnt say they are more successful then offspring, because you dont see them playing shows or being famous like offspring. they are just people who sit in a room and think of queer songs.

ninthlayer
08-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Welcome to a discussion that ended over a week ago.

DeAtHsTaR
08-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Well I go to a lot of punk shows with tons of moshing, but the only time I got hurt was at this stupid ass screamo/metal band called Catherine that was in town. There was all those stupid "HxC dancers" kicking everyone and punching people in the back of the head, and ninja dancing.

RickyCrack
08-11-2006, 11:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/ricky2tone/lolpunkrock.jpg

DeAtHsTaR
08-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Compare

to

The first excerpt is Toxic, a Britney Spears song. The second is One Fine Day, by the Offspring. While both are clearly tailored for poppy mainstream radio/whatever, Toxic's lyrics actually make use of metaphor instead of the straight out fratastic approach that the Offspring take on One Fine Day. While Spears does also have songs that state ridiculous sex appeal like "I'm a slave 4 u" they still aren't as ghastly as jams like "Kill the President! Voice the reason!"

Then there's the whole politics thing, which the popstar doesn't touch and the popgroup dives headlong into.
"Yo yo yo yo yo, pretty fly for a VOTE FOR KERRY!"
"And it feeeeeeeels! And it feeeeeeeeels like BUSH IS A BAD PERSON ZOMG!"

I can't even remember where I'm going with this now.
You do know that you got about 3 lines of One Fine Day COMPLETELY wrong, right?

RickyCrack
08-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Oh no! Ninth's punk rockness is being questioned since he dosn't listen to the offspring!!!!

DeAtHsTaR
08-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Oh no! Ninth's punk rockness is being questioned since he dosn't listen to the offspring!!!!
Quit defending your boyfriend.

RickyCrack
08-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Quit defending your boyfriend.

Ninth dosn't need anybody to defend him. I just like to call you out like the faggot you are.

ninthlayer
08-11-2006, 11:46 PM
You do know that you got about 3 lines of One Fine Day COMPLETELY wrong, right?
I don't know the lyrics to that song at all, I grabbed them from a lyrics site. But good job at being a faggot and attempting to call me out for not knowing the lyrics to a song that I don't even like. What the fuck ever will I do?

DeAtHsTaR
08-12-2006, 09:15 AM
I don't know the lyrics to that song at all, I grabbed them from a lyrics site. But good job at being a faggot and attempting to call me out for not knowing the lyrics to a song that I don't even like. What the fuck ever will I do?
I don't like the song either, but I can still see that those lyrics are horribly wrong.

Endymion
08-12-2006, 09:53 AM
how would he know? he's probably never even heard the song.

DeAtHsTaR
08-12-2006, 10:02 AM
how would he know? he's probably never even heard the song.
True, true.... he's probably only heard Pretty Fly or COAp... but wahtever. So are ninth and rickycrack the same entity?

ninthlayer
08-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Dain, you're fucking stupid.

DeAtHsTaR
08-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Dain, you're fucking stupid.

Well you two live at the same place and always post right after one another. You also have identical personalities. I'm guessing either same person or gay lovers?

Endymion
08-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Well you two live at the same place and always post right after one another. You also have identical personalities. I'm guessing either same person or gay lovers?
or friends?

notoriousdoc
08-12-2006, 01:29 PM
I went to this show in Sweden once. Moob grabbing all over the place.

oh yeah

Dain bread

ninthlayer
08-12-2006, 03:14 PM
or friends?
Not possible, that would be too logical.

Guys, my dad is a cop and was shot and killed at work today :o :( :eek: :mad:

H1T_That
08-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Guys, my dad is a cop and was shot and killed at work today :o :( :eek: :mad:

Srsly???, my dad was a firefighter and died saving a cat last week.

Endymion
08-12-2006, 04:44 PM
my dad was a terrorist and he was killed in the line of duty on sept. 11th :( :( :( :(

H1T_That
08-12-2006, 04:45 PM
my dad was a terrorist and he was killed in the line of duty on sept. 11th :( :( :( :(

oh god, my deepest sympathies.