PDA

View Full Version : Help? I need some advice.

- -Lauren- -
08-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Alright so, only females, the stereotypical gay man, and swimmers can truly help me with this.

My legs itch like crazy. From mid-thigh to my ankle, my legs itch constantly. I'm told it's from shaving my legs and they get dry, so they itch.

However, I've been putting lotion on 3-4 times a day. Once I itch, I can't stop. Applying lotion is still not helping me with this unbearable problem. Have any of you been through this, and if so, what have you done to help stop it?

There's no ivy around, so that's out of the question. It feels like hundreds of mosquito bites all over my legs, they itch that bad. Can someone help?

RickyCrack
08-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Perhaps you have scabies.

Tizzalicious
08-01-2006, 01:06 PM
I'd switch lotions, a good one that moisturizes a lot. Or use baby oil.

I have been having the same problem with the hot weather actually.

- -Lauren- -
08-01-2006, 01:07 PM
I tried Aveeno, but that didn't seem to help. Right now I'm on Olay Quench, and no relief yet. =(

Izie
08-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Better lotion. Or better yet, not lotion, but body milk or body butter. They're thicker and greasier. The ones I have are, anyway.

And don't apply it before you go anywhee, you'll end up with a shitload of things stuck to you :/

Tizzalicious
08-01-2006, 01:09 PM
And don't apply it before you go anywhee, you'll end up with a shitload of things stuck to you :/

Since when is being sticky a bad thing?

Tizzalicious
08-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Oh, there's also this cucumber lotion//milk, that also cools down your skin, maybe that would help.

the_GoDdEsS
08-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Aloe vera or whatever it's called, I think. Or panthenol. No idea, am really not a cosmetics expert. But those are good for sensitive skin.

Idiot
08-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Eczema ? Go to your doctor, get some special cream for it.
I know this, because my Ex sometimes suffered from something similar.

Paint_It_Black
08-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Alright so, only females, the stereotypical gay man, and swimmers can truly help me with this.

Well, I'm not female, and neither am I Per or Twinkle. So I guess I can't help you.

Izie
08-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Since when is being sticky a bad thing?

When you go out in the streets alone :(

PS my lotions of choice are almost always Nivea - cheap yet good. But they're not good for all skin types, so I guess you'll have to try for yourself :/

Tizzalicious
08-01-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm loving Nivea too.

Iz, I would go out on the streets alone if there was a chance I'd run into you being sticky.

Sunny
08-01-2006, 01:32 PM
are you using the Aveeno anti-itch lotion? :/ hm.

i dunno, it sounds pretty bad.. like regular lotions probably won't do the trick. maybe you should try stuff that contains hydrocortisone. most drugstores carry tons of anti-itch cortisone stuff.

Izie
08-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Iz, I would go out on the streets alone if there was a chance I'd run into you being sticky.

And then they say I'm a slut. Tsk.

Tizzalicious
08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
And then they say I'm a slut. Tsk.

I'm only a slut for you!

Izie
08-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Poor Per :(:(:(

wheelchairman
08-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Well, I'm not female, and neither am I Per or Twinkle. So I guess I can't help you.
wtf? I lol'ed at the Twinkle part.

oh I get it, you're calling me gay. I thought you were missing commas.

Tizzalicious
08-01-2006, 02:02 PM
It's your own fault Per, for bragging about your skin being softer than mine in some other thread.

Paint_It_Black
08-01-2006, 02:11 PM
I thought you were missing commas.

No, you just use too many.

Not Ozymandias
08-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Put poison ivy in your underwear, you'll forget all about your legs.

Little_Miss_1565
08-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Lauren, it sounds like you might be allergic to something. I second what Sunny said, use some hydrocortisone cream and consider going to a doctor.

H1T_That
08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
A few months ago i tried a new shaving cream and i had a simmilar kind of dry itching you're describing. All I did was switch back to the other one.

Betty
08-01-2006, 06:58 PM
I've actually been having a really similar issue... for maybe the last... year?

Pretty much 2 or 3 days after I shave my legs they start to itch like mad... but usually only at night. And if I scratch at all, they get unbearably itchy. It seems like an allergy but I don't know to what. I've switched laundry soap, shaving lotion, razor... I generally don't use cream but when I do it doesn't seem to help either. And it's not the standard dry skin problem, because I used to have that all the time, usually in the winter. This is just itchy... and scratching will give little red bumps for a short period of time. Gah!

- -Lauren- -
08-02-2006, 12:00 PM
I've actually been having a really similar issue... for maybe the last... year?

Pretty much 2 or 3 days after I shave my legs they start to itch like mad... but usually only at night. And if I scratch at all, they get unbearably itchy. It seems like an allergy but I don't know to what. I've switched laundry soap, shaving lotion, razor... I generally don't use cream but when I do it doesn't seem to help either. And it's not the standard dry skin problem, because I used to have that all the time, usually in the winter. This is just itchy... and scratching will give little red bumps for a short period of time. Gah!

It itches a few times during the day, but like you said, mostly at night. Then I scratch so much, it looks like I have been intensely sunburned on my legs. =( I get the same little red bumps when I'm done from the friction, I believe.

On another note, you all have been very helpful (except for Ozymandias). I think I should see a doctor if the lotions and creams you have suggested don't help. Thanks!

EDIT: By the way, the razor I use is the Schick (sp?) Intuition. Could that be a source?

Paint_It_Black
08-02-2006, 01:08 PM
On another note, you all have been very helpful (except for Ozymandias).

I'd like to point out that I was not remotely helpful.

Sunny
08-02-2006, 01:25 PM
EDIT: By the way, the razor I use is the Schick (sp?) Intuition. Could that be a source?

if we're talking about the same thing... the razor with a block of soap/shaving stuff around it.. then maybe you're allergic to the soap? :/

- -Lauren- -
08-02-2006, 02:16 PM
But I've used it for a long while, so I don't think that's it...well, I'm seeing my doctor on the 10th for a physical, so I can tell him about what's going on.

Not Ozymandias
08-02-2006, 08:43 PM
I'd like to point out that I was not remotely helpful.
*high-fives*