PDA

View Full Version : Fidel Castro is dying

punker
08-01-2006, 06:12 PM
some people say he's already dead, people in la habana prays, people in miami celebrates, anyway, what do you think is going to happen if he dies?, to me, that would mean the end of communism in cuba, because raul castro isnt capable of maintain it for himself, even tho fidel says his brother is the only true communist left in cuba, he doesnt have the power of convincing that fidel has.

0r4ng3
08-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Y'know, there was a video game a couple of years ago that comes to mind. The setting is 2006, shortly after Fidel Castro's death.

I think it was one of thems Tom Clancy games. Rainbow Six something? I don't remember, they're all the same. I'm just saying, it's quite the coincidence.

wheelchairman
08-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Many things could happen. I think it mostly depends on the will of the Cuban people. So none of us will be able to predict the reaction.

And I'll wait until I see a news article on Castro's death before I go speculating.

pathfinder
08-02-2006, 03:49 AM
Its about freaking time that morron dies.

H1T_That
08-02-2006, 05:12 AM
Y'know, there was a video game a couple of years ago that comes to mind. The setting is 2006, shortly after Fidel Castro's death.

I think it was one of thems Tom Clancy games. Rainbow Six something? I don't remember, they're all the same. I'm just saying, it's quite the coincidence.

Pandora Tomorrow?

adRi
08-02-2006, 07:07 AM
So none of us will be able to predict the reaction.
Sure, perhaps that situation is more complex as we can expect, or I think so... because here in Spain has happened something similar with the general/dictator Franco, because he thought that Juan Carlos ("our king" nowadays) would be like him, but he was wrong.
This case can be similar.

wheelchairman
08-02-2006, 07:14 AM
How so?

Not that Fidel is perfect. I just think Cuba is doing fairly well for a Latin American country. And that you aren't exactly the kind of person who can judge whether or not another person is a "morron."

Little_Miss_1565
08-02-2006, 07:40 AM
I just think Cuba is doing fairly well for a Latin American country.

"Terrible, poverty-stricken hell pit" as compared to "war-torn, terrible, poverty-stricken hell pit." Not such a great choice of comparison.

wheelchairman
08-02-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't know if you've been there. Sure they aren't filthy rich. It is not a first world country. There are however no homeless, free health care, free education, and no starving. There is no doubt in my mind which country I would prefer to be in, if I was poor. Despite the fact that the succesor to this "democracy" is the President's brother.

Sin Studly
08-02-2006, 08:54 AM

You're a fucking idiot.

0r4ng3
08-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Pandora Tomorrow?
No, I'm definitely sure it's not a Splinter Cell game, because it was an FPS.

wheelchairman
08-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Sure, perhaps that situation is more complex as we can expect, or I think so... because here in Spain has happened something similar with the general/dictator Franco, because he thought that Juan Carlos ("our king" nowadays) would be like him, but he was wrong.
This case can be similar.
Spain is something else entirely. There are so many ancient minorities and nationalities inside the country, who were extremely discontent with the Filangistas that it was bound to happen. Not to mention Filangista Spain was part of Europe and the western world. Cuba remains a part of Latin America.

MuddahFukkah
08-02-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't know if you've been there. Sure they aren't filthy rich. It is not a first world country. There are however no homeless, free health care, free education, and no starving. There is no doubt in my mind which country I would prefer to be in, if I was poor. Despite the fact that the succesor to this "democracy" is the President's brother.

I agree with wheelchairman... It is "cool" to spit on Cuba and Castro nowadays, but nobody realizes the fact that Cuba has some economical problems mainly because of many embargos and barriers set up by USA... This is what really pisses Bush (and some other americans) off... Otherwise, Cuba would be doing pretty well (believe it or not)...

Many people also forget what had been happenning "before" Castro (and will happen again after his death): Cuba was a capitalist country under rule of pro-American (and not very democratic) president Batista... Cuban industry was exploited by many american businessmen and companies that time and common people were pretty poor... Revolution wanted to change that...

pathfinder
08-03-2006, 02:38 AM
You're a fucking idiot.

dude blow me!!

Fidel castro is a freaking dictator.
For surpressing an entire nation he diserves to die.

Dude From Dudetown
08-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Well, Cubans don't like Fidel Castro, and thier not even allowed to leave.

If George Bush didn't let you leave and almost controlled your life, would'nt you want to kill him?

NOTE: Don't say something stupid like "I already want to kill him."

wheelchairman
08-03-2006, 08:49 AM
dude blow me!!

Fidel castro is a freaking dictator.
How many Cubans do you know? Do you think they feel oppressed? Perhaps they would trade their homes, and food. For a nice democracy.

Jebus
08-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Apparently, my dad fought for communism back when he lived in El Salvador so he won't shut up about not wanting him to die.

wheelchairman
08-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Lol my mom worked for the American government in El Salvador in the early 1980s. I wonder if they met.

Sin Studly
08-03-2006, 11:34 AM

Funny, I thought he willingly shipped anti-communists to florida.

Jebus
08-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Lol my mom worked for the American government in El Salvador in the early 1980s. I wonder if they met.
We might be brothers!

wheelchairman
08-03-2006, 11:37 AM

If George Bush didn't let you leave and almost controlled your life, would'nt you want to kill him?

NOTE: Don't say something stupid like "I already want to kill him."
How many Cubans do you know? Have you ever been there?

Sure many Miami Cuban's don't like Castro.

When George Bush comes to Oregon, they set up concrete barriers, for fear of the voting populace reaching him.

DeAtHsTaR
08-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Pandora Tomorrow?
Castro had nothing to do with that game as far as I remember.

wheelchairman
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
We might be brothers!
Brothers of the cunt!

DeAtHsTaR
08-03-2006, 11:43 AM
I wonder if they did more than meet, if you get my drift. Who nows, you and Jebus could be brothers!

EDIT: Dammit, he beat me to it.

Italia311
08-03-2006, 05:39 PM
I really don't know but, im pretty sure there is alot of ppl in Cuba that actually like Fidel Castro. Like was said earlier, there is free education, free health care..yadda yadda. When ppl are under rule of a person for such a long time they get attached and get used to the way things are.

I think A change might hurt them. Try telling anyone in my family Mussolini was a bad person...not gonna happen.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/dossiers/castro/img/01.jpg

Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau with yours truely...Castro. I love it.

wheelchairman
08-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Holy crap, you have Hugh Grant as a prime minister? That must suck.

Not Ozymandias
08-04-2006, 05:46 AM
When George Bush comes to Oregon, they set up concrete barriers, for fear of the voting populace reaching him.
When people drown themselves desperately trying to get out of America this comparison will work.

The only unfortunate thing about this fucking cunt's death is that it took this long.

wheelchairman
08-04-2006, 09:21 AM
No, in a America there is freedom of travel. There would be no reason to drown themselves. That's hardly evidence of a castro-hating cuban native majority.

Dude From Dudetown
08-04-2006, 09:22 AM
lol wheelchairman you are the biggest asshole

wheelchairman
08-04-2006, 09:32 AM
No. In fact I wasn't being in any way rude. I was disagreeing with him. There is a difference.

Little_Miss_1565
08-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Per, people don't risk dying (or actually die) simply for freedom of travel.

Dude From Dudetown
08-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Used to refer to oneself as speaker or writer, to have or formulate in the mind, used to refer to the one designated, implied, mentioned, or understood, used to refer to the one or ones being addressed, second person singular and plural and first and third person plural present indicative of be, relatively undeveloped, at times.

wheelchairman
08-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Per, people don't risk dying (or actually die) simply for freedom of travel.
Of course not. What I was implying is that it's only a handful of people. You have them in every country. The difference is in America you can take a train. Or a plane.

wheelchairman
08-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Used to refer to oneself as speaker or writer, to have or formulate in the mind, used to refer to the one designated, implied, mentioned, or understood, used to refer to the one or ones being addressed, second person singular and plural and first and third person plural present indicative of be, relatively undeveloped, at times.
What are you going on about?

Little_Miss_1565
08-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Of course not. What I was implying is that it's only a handful of people. You have them in every country. The difference is in America you can take a train. Or a plane.

Um. It's not just a handful of people. Maybe a handful of people per hour.

wheelchairman
08-04-2006, 12:19 PM
It is just a handful of people. There would be no one left if this had been a trend for 40 years. Seriously, I know I'm a communist, but that doesn't mean I have to believe everything I've read from Cuba. This is just simple math.

MuddahFukkah
08-04-2006, 12:28 PM
It is just a handful of people. There would be no one left if this had been a trend for 40 years. Seriously, I know I'm a communist, but that doesn't mean I have to believe everything I've read from Cuba. This is just simple math.

Wow. You are a communist?... So, you must have read Marx or Engels, right?... Or Lenin... Does it mean you vote CPUSA???...

I am not a communist, but I am interested in how many americans vote CPUSA?... Don't you know?...

wheelchairman
08-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Wow. You are a communist?... So, you must have read Marx or Engels, right?... Or Lenin... Does it mean you vote CPUSA???...

I am not a communist, but I am interested in how many americans vote CPUSA?... Don't you know?...
I've read Marx, Engels, Lenin. Yes. No I didn't vote CPUSA. I voted either Democrat or Green. I don't think that many vote CPUSA. All the communists I know have only had bad experiences with the CPUSA. Besides we have like 1000 communist parties. I imagine it'd be hard to chose.

Italia311
08-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Hhaha, thats a former Prime Minister...back when they actually had balls. We got some yuppy bush wannabe now.

Revolver-2005?
08-04-2006, 04:15 PM

And you're supressing intelligent thought, but we aren't wishing you dead are we? Well maybe.

Anyway, Castro has his flaws as all leaders do but at least everyone in his country has a house, food, clothes, and soem form of education...it's more than I can say for people living in America.