PDA

View Full Version : New Incubus album!

Yatesy
08-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Took them long enough! (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1537605/20060801/incubus.jhtml?headlines=true)

0r4ng3
08-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Ugh, it hasn't been long enough.

nieh
08-02-2006, 05:44 PM
"It sounds like 13 different bands playing 13 different songs," he elaborated. "That's kind of how all our records sound. Every time we're about to start making a new album, I tell myself, 'OK, this one's going to be cohesive,' and it never happens. That's who we are as a band, and that's kind of how we are as people.

"We all have acute and collective ADHD [Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder] at least according to other people and we all have short attention spans," Einziger continued. "I think we just get bored if we have even two songs that sound alike. That's the way we've always been, and it's the way we'll always be."

Am I the only one that thinks this is funny? I've always found the band to be completely and totally predictable.

Llamas
08-02-2006, 05:51 PM
umm especially based on the last two albums...

I liked SCIENCE and make yourself... morning view and especially a crow left of the murder were awful.

ACLOTM. all the songs sounded the same. And the singles from MV sounded the same. Actually, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They're not that diverse at all.

0r4ng3
08-02-2006, 05:59 PM
They're about as diverse as Pennywise. On Full Circle.

Oh, I sure love using that comparison.

DeAtHsTaR
08-02-2006, 06:12 PM
I like Incubus. I agree that their older stuff was better than the new though.

Jakebert
08-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this is funny? I've always found the band to be completely and totally predictable.

I agree completely.

pretty fly 88
08-02-2006, 08:22 PM
That article said that their last 2 albums debuted at #2 and sold a million copies? Whaaaaaaa!!? Their last album sucked for the most part. The only good songs were "Megalomaniac" and "Beware Criminal." I guess most people, like me, were fooled by "Megalomaniac" into thinking it would be a good album.
But the album before that? I don't even like the song "Wish You Were Here," and according to what I've been reading the rest of album really is even worse. I cannot believe the number of people that wasted their money on those 2 albums, and most people that have them know they wasted their money. I'm not going to buy this new Incubus album unless I hear and read that it is much better than the last 2 albums, because by now, I don't know about you, but I've learned my lesson. Don't buy an album just because you like one song on the radio.

Yatesy
08-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm quite a big fan of Incubus *feels out numbered* xD Tbh The last 2 albums haven't been as good as their older stuff, but if you compared Morning View to something like S.C.I.E.N.C.E. they're completely different, so they're kind of diverse in that sense.

ruroken
08-04-2006, 02:08 PM
YES!!! I CANT WAIT!! Sort of... I, surprisingly, also think they are shitting with that "different sound". Morning View does, indeed, sound much different from ACLOTM, but EVERY new song they have released after ACLOTM sounds like its from ACLOTM. So, I cant wait for more ACLOTM!!! Yay!! I hope most of it is as cool as Zee Deveel. The evil carnival sound is awesome. The lyrics, gay, but I love Mike!!

And I must say, once again, Morning View is my favorite album.

*actually clicks link*
And three year absence my ass.