PDA

View Full Version : I got rear-ended on the way home from work tonight

nieh
08-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Blah. The lady in front of me decided suddenly that she wanted to make a left turn into a parking lot and didn't signal until she was already pretty much stopped (there was oncoming traffic so she couldn't just go). I ended up stopping really quick with some room to spare, the guy behind me didn't. He slammed into my car and my car got pushed forward into the car in front of me. The front car had no damage, neither did the front of my car. My left tail light was shattered though and my rear bumper got a bit screwed up. The guy that hit me broke one of his headlights too. We exchanged insurance info but I haven't called it in yet. I drove home the rest of the way with no radio on to see if I could hear anything wrong and it seems my brakes are squealing very faintly. Not sure if that was there before or not though because I normally drive with music on. Anyway, I have a feeling this isn't going to be a lot of fun. Pity me!

ninthlayer
08-04-2006, 05:39 PM
You got rear-ended by a guy, fag.

el_monkey
08-04-2006, 05:40 PM
poor guy ;). I dont't have a car , nor a drivers' license yet. but you ain't the one to blame are you? that bitch/woman's insurance has to pay everything (after german law)

barangatang
08-04-2006, 05:41 PM
That really sucks. It seems like the damage was minor so the insurance bit might go smoothly. Just hope to god that the guy who hit you isn't a jerk. And at least it wasn't you who caused it.

nieh
08-04-2006, 05:51 PM
You got rear-ended by a guy, fag.

It was forced upon me! I didn't want this!

And the guy seemed pretty decent and non-assholish.

Harnum
08-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Ooh, man! For some reason I can see this guy and the woman pinning the blame on eachother. Same happened to my sister and I once. It's le gay.

barangatang
08-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Same happened to my sister and I once. It's le gay.
Rear ending? Then yes, that is correct. That would most definitely be le gay. (assuming your a girl.

Harnum
08-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Rear ending? Then yes, that is correct that would be le gay. (assuming your a girl.
I'm a guy... *gets mildly offended*

Linda
08-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, nieh. Hope everything works out good for you. Just hope you weren't hurt in the incident.

nieh
08-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Thanks. No one was hurt thankfully. I'm still worried it may've screwed things up with my car that I just haven't noticed yet. I've got nearly 140,000 miles on the thing and I already wasn't expecting it to last for more than a year from now.

Endymion
08-04-2006, 06:29 PM
i'll pitch, you catch.

Linda
08-04-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm glad no one was hurt. If you were hit hard enough, it could have screwed something else up. You really should turn it in to your insurance company. You shouldn't wait. When I was rear ended, the impact actually
pushed in the body at the bottom of the trunk. It took them over 2 weeks to fix everything. The second most important thing is that your car be fixed so it's safe. Hopefully there's no hidden damage to your car.

BREAK
08-04-2006, 07:45 PM
've got nearly 140,000 miles on the thing

Wait, do you still drive the same crappy car I saw the inside of once?

Jakebert
08-04-2006, 10:52 PM
And the guy seemed pretty decent and non-assholish.

Then if he's not a jerk, the whole thing shouldn't be too bad.

I accidentally backed into someone in October, and because the lady was nice, the whole thing went pretty smoothly for the most part. I mean, it still sucked, but that made it a lot easier. Especially considering that it was my fault.

Then again, I'm a minor, so that could make a difference.

sKratch
08-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Technically, Josh was still too close to the car in front of him if he was pushed into it (you're at zero fault if you get rear ended, in general). However, I'm not a big fan of looking it that way. Josh was the responsible one; the guy who hit him is at fault. Glad he wasn't a dick about it.

the_GoDdEsS
08-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Oh wow, I'd be so angry about that. Once I have a car nobody had better touch it.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-05-2006, 02:21 AM
I rearended a Dodge Caravan in my mom's car about a year ago. If you ever rearend a car, rearend a Dodge Caravan. They have those big plastic bumpers, and as a result of that there was no damage to either car. I have not told my mom about this incident to this day and have no need to.

Wasn't either of our faults. Jackass ran a red light going across the intersection, Caravan had to slam on da brakes, I oculdnt react in time.

nieh
08-05-2006, 06:43 AM
Wait, do you still drive the same crappy car I saw the inside of once?
No, I stopped driving that thing when I moved out. That actually had about 125,000 miles on it at the time, but it was from 89 so that's understandable. Now I've got a 2001 Saturn. I put like 90,000 miles on it in the last 3 years or so.

Technically, Josh was still too close to the car in front of him if he was pushed into it (you're at zero fault if you get rear ended, in general). However, I'm not a big fan of looking it that way. Josh was the responsible one; the guy who hit him is at fault. Glad he wasn't a dick about it.

99% of the time, if you hit someone from behind it's automatically your fault regardless of whether or not it was actually your fault. Unless you can prove that they came in from a different lane and slammed on their brakes right in front of you, it falls on you because you didn't brake in time. The guy behind me didn't stop in time and was responsible for the only damage that occured (his and my car) so at worst, I'll end up having to pay for my own car to get fixed.

Little_Miss_1565
08-05-2006, 07:19 AM
hugz4u mr. nieh!