PDA

View Full Version : Idols Are Higher

H1T_That
08-05-2006, 06:43 AM
I highly doubt anyone will know this band.

They are an up and coming band from the north east of england. They are currently touring and have headlined at some big venues throughout England,Ireland and Germany They have an EP out which was released last year, and a full album due for release soon. I am good friends with the drummer, so i've been given a copy before its officially released. Its a really good album and people in the UK should look out for it in shops.

I can't really describe a band or genre they would fit into, but apparently thier influences include Fugazi, The Jesus Lizard, Stone Temple Pilots, Therapy?, Sparta, Biffy Clyro and Led Zeppelin.

So, yeah their myspace is www.myspace.com/idolsarehigher, or thier official website is www.idolsarehigher.co.uk.

If you like what you hear on the myspace, feel free to ask me to upload new tracks from thier album.

nieh
08-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Who name drops Stone Temple Pilots as an influence right next to Fugazi and the Jesus Lizard? And who name drops Sparta and Mars Volta but not At the Drive In? Also, they kind of swiped Pearl Jams cover art from Binaural:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00004T8RK.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65929632_.jpg

Anyway, they're perfectly tolerable but aren't anything special.

H1T_That
08-05-2006, 08:17 AM
To be honest, i'm just glad someone gave them a listen.