PDA

View Full Version : People who constantly butt in

Nina
08-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Arent you annoyed of nosy people as well? They butt in all the time and claim they know everything better than you do. Then they start to tell you how you are supposed to live your life. HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THAT?

I have not found a way yet.

Litterally everyone who hears what I want to study goes "uuh...okay..are you sure? I mean...it's hard...I dont think you can handle it..."

First of all, nobody asked for your opinion.
Second, it's not in your business.
Last but lot least, you're full of shit and dont know anything about me.

You know...I'd get over it if it didnt happen every day.

Now, tell me who annoys you with their opinions.

Izie
08-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I generally have this amazing capability of not listening.

And if I do listen, then I'm usually mean in the end.

And the people who annoy me are my family members, but let's not get into this because I;d be too angriez.

grr.

Nina
08-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes, family members :[

HornyPope
08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
They do have a point about your career choice, though. It's probably not the best one for you, from where I stand. But hey it's your life...

Sunny
08-07-2006, 03:49 PM
i heard the same thing when i decided to take all my high school classes in english.

i also heard the same thing when i decided to apply to the school i go to now.

and i heard "wow, you are so young, are you sure?" when i got engaged.

in other words, people need to stfu. i usually say "hmm, that's a really good point, i'll be sure to consider it" and immediately forget what they had to say. =P

Paint_It_Black
08-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Now, tell me who annoys you with their opinions.

Vegetarians, feminists, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Republicans, Democrats, polar bears, women, Fox News personalities, atheists, men, and the French.

Well, it's just a sample.

Nina
08-07-2006, 03:50 PM
They do have a point about your career choice, though. It's probably not the best one for you, from where I stand. But hey it's your life...

I hope that was a joke.
If not, you'll be the witness of an IMPLODING PERSON.

Izie
08-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Exploding is healthier, Nina.

Anyway, whenever I listened to people, I fucked up. So, they know SHIT.

I DO WHAT I WANT!

HornyPope
08-07-2006, 03:53 PM
No, I was pretty serious. I didn't say it earlier because I didn't want to "butt in", but now that we're on topic...

Nina
08-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, I disagree with everyone who considers what I want to do a "bad" thing for me. Because frankly, I hear that about everything I do. I know myself very fucking well and I know that's the only thing I wanna do. I'll be a failure if I take any other path.
And I'm saying that because now that we're on topic..

Paint_It_Black
08-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I didn't say it earlier because I didn't want to "butt in", but now that we're on topic...

You're only broadly on topic. You clearly aren't in line with the intent of the topic.

Nina
08-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Richard should get on AIM ;[

Izie
08-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Butt-in advice: smart people don't need it, stupid people can't use it. Why bother?

Ah, my mom is smart sometimes.

Vera
08-07-2006, 04:12 PM
So what do you want to study?

All About Eve
08-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Is what I'm wondering, too.

Anyways, just go for it. Butter-inners should go find a better hobby.

Nina
08-07-2006, 04:21 PM
rar!!
butts are fug anyway.

JoY
08-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Nina, I know your pain. & I don't know a solution.

every choice I've made so far has been questioned by my environment so many fucking times... the hand I wrote with (lefty in the house - I know, I'm practically disformed!), my high school, the classes I took, the subjects I chose, the study I picked, my own freaking BOYFRIEND..

it's like sexuality in a way (...but maybe that comparison doesn't work in your head at all, it probably doesn't); it's a preference. & I happen to cherish a strong physical preference to write with my left hand & do everything else with the right. I feel a very strong preference to study medicine, also my boyfriend is a very strong physical & mental preference, as every one of them has been so far.

every decision is made based on a mixture of intuition, subjective reason & preference. so what the HELL is there to judge? someone else's judgement doesn't even mean anything, subjectively seeing. & we're talking about personal decisions here. if you want to study what you want to study, then no one can tell you don't really want to study what you want to study. that's ridiculous.

maybe your choice, Nina, isn't the wisest choice seen in context (like, what would I know about that). but what would be really dumb/stupid/idiotic is to follow a path you don't agree with, because you'll never be able to wholeheartly go through with it to accomplish what you don't even care for. & it'll never be able to stimulate you enough to show the best in you, to make all your ambitions, dreams & wishes surface, followed by pure, unpoluted willpower. & that's beauty to me, all of those last things I mentioned. only you know what you're capable of & you'll only ever be really capable of doing what you actually want to do & then you know you'll do it right.

& even if this study does turn out not to be the best choice.. then you've given in a shot, learned it's not in your reach, or not what you wanted & then you can move on knowing you gave it a try.

Izie
08-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Butter-inners should start vagina-inning.

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2006, 04:29 PM
I DO WHAT I WANT!

Three questions remain:

1) do you also do what you feel like?
2) are you a trendy asshole?
3) do you give a fuck if it's good enough for me?

You're only broadly on topic.

Even "broadly" is generous.

Nina
08-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Rick, I just seriously died laughing.

Izie
08-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Three questions remain:

1) do you also do what you feel like?
2) are you a trendy asshole?
3) do you give a fuck if it's good enough for me?

:(

My line is actually from the WHATEVER! I DO WHAT I WANT! and Cartman says it!

You implied I quote The Offspring lyrics :( BUTTER-INNER!

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Rick, I just seriously died laughing.

*wink*

My line is actually from the WHATEVER! I DO WHAT I WANT! and Cartman says it!

Whoa! Check out this rebellious tone! You're most definitely NOT a trendy asshole. :cool:

Preocupado
08-07-2006, 04:36 PM
If advice were any good, it'd be sold, not given.

Izie
08-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Whoa! Check out this rebellious tone! You're most definitely NOT a trendy asshole. :cool:

*flexes muscles* I still do what I want :p

nieh
08-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Sometimes people butting in can be for the best. A lot of people don't have really good levels of awareness, be it self-awareness or awareness of what their choice of studies would entail. They have a certain idea in their head of themelves or the career they have in mind that isn't at all like how it actually is. They don't realize for whatever reason or another that what it is they're planning on studying will either destroy them or end up boring the fuck out of them after a couple years. Friends/family butting in then might not be a bad thing. But strangers that don't know you butting in is kind of dumb.

Sin Studly
08-07-2006, 04:43 PM

JoY
08-07-2006, 05:18 PM
I love Rickrickyrickrick.

Angel_of_Death
08-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Hun thats the way of life.....either just get over it or tell them to go to hell

RickyCrack
08-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Hun thats the way of life.....either just get over it or tell them to go to hell

You're so insightful, want to chat on aim?

Angel_of_Death
08-07-2006, 05:22 PM
You're so insightful, want to chat on aim?

sure let me fire up my crack pipe first :rolleyes:

RickyCrack
08-07-2006, 05:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/ricky2tone/crackrocksteady.jpg

Angel_of_Death
08-07-2006, 05:30 PM
you're my hero marry me

HornyPope
08-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Well, I disagree with everyone who considers what I want to do a "bad" thing for me. Because frankly, I hear that about everything I do. I know myself very fucking well and I know that's the only thing I wanna do. I'll be a failure if I take any other path.

Thats fine, if you feel so strong about it. I only say it because I don't think you're the type for it, but I believe that one's desire is more important than one's "nature", so if you're eager to do it, go for it.

Angel_of_Death
08-07-2006, 05:58 PM
If you really want to do it you just do it and you dont decide to tell everyone about it....when you decide to tell people thats when there's something inside you that doesn't want to really go through with it. Either that or its just some damn idiot trying to get attention.

JoY
08-07-2006, 06:54 PM
what the fuck?

so how does that work? one decides what to study & doesn't tell anyone, because saying "hey, I'm gonna study law" would be either a way to attentionwhore, or would mean he/she is not sure he/she wants to study law? so at some point one just studies law & everyone has to figure it out for themselves?

when I tell people what I want, it's usually because that's what I want. maybe I'm not female enough to get the secret code behind the meaning of the words "I want to study..."/"I'm going to study..."

you know, it's not like suicide. when you tell people you want to die, it's often indeed either for attention, or because you want them to stop you from doing so, because that's not at all what you want.

Vlad, I believe desire & nature go hand in hand most of the times? I wouldn't desire to become a chickenfarmer, a sportswoman, a philosophist, or a scietific researcher, because it's pretty much not in my nature.

Betty
08-07-2006, 07:17 PM
The only problem with not listening to the butters is potentially having to face all the "I told you so's" if things don't work out.

Tizzalicious
08-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Bleeeuh, they are annoying. You should do what YOU think is right.

Also, I'm sick of people asking "why do you have to go to Denmark, why don't you make him move her?" Err...well maybe I WANT to move there? Gah.

HornyPope
08-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Vlad, I believe desire & nature go hand in hand most of the times? I wouldn't desire to become a chickenfarmer, a sportswoman, a philosophist, or a scietific researcher, because it's pretty much not in my nature.

Desire is a product of fantasy and dreams, not a biological condition. Your lifepath might ressemble your "nature" in the gross sense in the word, as I don't belive it is a permanent state, but your desires will spring forth not from who you are but who you dream to be. And imagination has no limit.

Paint_It_Black
08-08-2006, 01:03 AM
Also, I'm sick of people asking "why do you have to go to Denmark, why don't you make him move her?"

Move who?

Anyway, that is not unsolicited advice. It's a legitimate question.

Tizzalicious
08-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Move who?

Anyway, that is not unsolicited advice. It's a legitimate question.
No, they don't ask it in a question way, they say it in a: "You shouldn't do that, why are you so stupid??!!" - way.

Paint_It_Black
08-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Well Tizz, DO you want to move there? And that's just a genuine question. No implied advice whatsoever.

Tizzalicious
08-08-2006, 01:48 AM
I do! Not yet, well, half of the time is nice, but I definitely do, I wouldn't do it if I didn't want to.

Sin Studly
08-08-2006, 02:04 AM
I think you shouldn't do it. Make him move to Holland instead. You're throwing your life away.

Sixpence.
08-08-2006, 02:33 AM
I know this problem.

I have to listen to this shit as well.

"Do you really want to study law? I don't believe that it is the right thing for you, I know you well, you are to insecure to finish it" - and when I ask what they think what the right thing would be for me, they cannot answer my question.

"You don't have to see Daniel every day, you behave as if you've married him already!" - 'sorry' for loving my boyfriend.

"Why do you have to go to the wedding of your boyfriend's sister? You don't know them and it'll be boring for you anyway! You should spend this freetime with your family instead!" (wow. It was ONE single weekend I spend elsewhere)

"You should learn more, this is your last year in high school, if you go on with your laziness, you won't make it" (I've pretty good marks)

And finally this stupid thing with those driving lessons. I HATE them. I didn't even want to start with it, but was FORCED to. Seriously.
Okay, I see that it is necessary to have a driving license, but it is really difficult to manage something well although you don't want to.

killer_queen
08-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Litterally everyone who hears what I want to study goes "uuh...okay..are you sure? I mean...it's hard...I dont think you can handle it..."
Actually I don't understand why it bothers you so much. Because people sometimes can't find anything to say and don't want to stay silent since it would make them look like they don't care. In that kind of situations "are you sure?" is the best question to ask. It kinda means "I care about you".

But if they're always telling you that you can't do it then yeah, I agree, it is annoying. However your parents are allowed to say/ask these kind of things. It doesn't make it less annoying, though.

Aaand my list:

My dad. I wish he was just asking if I was sure. But nooooo, make decisions for me without asking me. Two years ago he told me that I wasn't good at any social subject and sociology is not the right thing for me. And now I'm studying maths, physics and all that kind of crap one more year.

That's all. Daddy is the only one annoys me. :(

Tizzalicious
08-08-2006, 04:21 AM
I think you shouldn't do it. Make him move to Holland instead. You're throwing your life away.

Yessss, the life of sitting behind my PC doing nothing all day :( I'll miss it so much.

Sin Studly
08-08-2006, 04:39 AM
Imagine what would happen if you and Per reproduced. Pinkish-red bubbleheaded cripples. Ew.

Please reconsider. Think of the children.

JoY
08-08-2006, 04:40 AM
Tizz is OLD, remember? man, the other time I saw her, I thought I saw a gray hair. I can't be completely sure with all the pink & red. but you know what they say about gray hair; when the first appears, it's a sign of wisdom. but in all seriousness, that's of course why she dyed her hair! duh. like none of you suspected that.

where the hell am I going with this? oh right, now I remember; after having lived through numerous disappointments, having went through quite the experiences & having lived over a quarter of her life, I'd say she's capable of knowing what she wants (which is an art in itself), what she's capable of & simply pull it off, like it's as easy as eating cheese strings.

but as soon as you make a decision like LEE again, you're so grounded.

Sin Studly
08-08-2006, 04:43 AM
I'd say she's capable of knowing what she wants

You're wrong. I know what's best for her.

JoY
08-08-2006, 04:45 AM
oh, hold on, what I said about Tizz was a reaction to people questioning her decision. not YOU questioning her decision. YOU know what you're talking about. Josh be the bomb!

Sin Studly
08-08-2006, 04:47 AM
LOLZ, Bella moment!

nieh
08-08-2006, 04:49 AM
oh, hold on, what I said about Tizz was a reaction to people questioning her decision. not YOU questioning her decision. YOU know what you're talking about. Josh be the bomb!

That was Justin!

JoY
08-08-2006, 04:50 AM
man, Justin, change that thing.

Edit: if I wouldn't have added that last tiny thing, the whole reply would've worked. *grumblz*

Sin Studly
08-08-2006, 04:55 AM
Are you saying I don't be the bomb?

JoY
08-08-2006, 04:56 AM
no. not with an avatar like that. now I'll be a mad Jew all day, just because you made me look silly & it's in a quote too.

Tizzalicious
08-08-2006, 04:57 AM
I thought it was Josh too. I can't keep up with all of Justin's avatar changes.

Izie
08-08-2006, 04:58 AM
I love Justin's avatar changes, it's SO confusing!

JoY
08-08-2006, 04:59 AM
I love Justin's avatar changes, it's SO confusing!
for one moment I thought he'd taken your avatar.

Sin Studly
08-08-2006, 05:00 AM
Me neither. But it's necessary. I'm gonna cycle through everybody, so my words will be subliminally attached to them. My theory is that it will trick me into not hating every single fucking person here.

Man, I just wish Freud and Jung were here to witness this.

Izie
08-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Freud and Jung <333333

T-6005
08-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Penis envy.

BREAK
08-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Me neither. But it's necessary. I'm gonna cycle through everybody, so my words will be subliminally attached to them. My theory is that it will trick me into not hating every single fucking person here.

Bad idea, you're only making everybody else look better than they have any right to. You should just jack RXP's old avatar and stay with it.

Paint_It_Black
08-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Bad idea, you're only making everybody else look better than they have any right to.

Quoted for truth.

wheelchairman
08-18-2006, 08:09 AM
I think the worst opinions in the world come from the European left-wing. I wouldn't say that their opinions are wrong in some areas. I just think they are horrible people. Or maybe it's just the Danish left-wing. I've tried for a year, and I don't think I like a single one of them. And I am a communist, just a lot of their opinions seem to be pretentious bullshit. I can't afford a Danish plumber. I would prefer to high a polish one if I needed to. Danish plumbers earn an assload more than I do per month.

Amazed
08-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Vegetarians, feminists, Christians, Muslims

Well, it's just a sample.

Feminists annoy me to no end...