PDA

View Full Version : Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit.

nieh
08-08-2006, 10:25 AM
About a month ago, I was late with a payment for my auto insurance surcharge, so my license was suspended until I made the payment (it was suspended a total of about 10 days). I also had no insurance at the time because I was stupid and missed the payment on that too (I had money problems for a couple months and was just really getting things sorted out). I got pulled over because my FUCKING TAIL LIGHT WENT OUT and got ticketed for both these things. Anyway, the next day I went to the DMV and paid off the surcharge and called up Geico and got my insurance turned back on. Anyway, the tickets I got didn't have an amount attached, but they did have a manditory court date of today. So today I went to court and found out that the driving with my license suspended is about $1000, with possible jail time (less than 10 days), a possible $3000 fee if the reason my license was suspended was because I didn't pay my insurance surcharge. Plus I might get my license suspended for up to a year. Then there's the fact that I didn't have insurance which carries pretty similar punishments. I need to get an attorney because apparently I'm not poor enough to have one appointed. This is seriously going to suck.

Rag Doll
08-08-2006, 10:29 AM
ow. and i just sent you a really happy pm. boo. i feel all bads.

ummm. pm me back and we'll talk. =\

tickets and courts suck. a lot. =(

Amiralanal
08-08-2006, 10:35 AM
jails in america are cool. at least they are in the movies

BREAK
08-09-2006, 06:17 PM
No wonder you jerk off so many times in a week.

nieh
08-09-2006, 06:18 PM
No wonder you jerk off so many times in a week.

You know, what you see on that webcam is supposed to be kept between us.

BREAK
08-09-2006, 06:23 PM
I was talking to the moronic Swede, although the thought of you in prison is quite....enthralling.

nieh
08-09-2006, 06:27 PM
I went to prison and all I got was this swollen rectum.

BREAK
08-09-2006, 06:39 PM
I'll tear you a new asshole, then tear that new asshole an even newer asshole.

nieh
08-09-2006, 06:47 PM
My ass approves.

JoY
08-11-2006, 02:21 AM
oh my god, Josh. that's incredibly screwed up. especially because all of this happened because of moneyproblems in the first place. god, this is evil shite. I wish I could help you in whatever way, but wahh, this is WAY out of my league. I can offer you a major Bella-e-cuddle, but I'm afraid that's all I can do from over here.

if you can minimise the sum of money by going to jail for a week or so, that does sound like the best option. well, in case you don't have the money (which I'm assuming, because dude, that's one fucker of a sum you're talking about) & your relatives aren't able/willing to help you out with this. how is this going to affect your records? (I don't know how to translate the word I wanted to use, but I'm hoping this crumbled English will do)

my brother once went to jail for a night for public drinking & an attempt to steal the flag of a sexshop & he had a blast, if that makes you feel any better. he found the intercom & ordered fries, cheeseburgers & coke with extra ice all night, laughing non-stop at his own joke.

nieh
08-11-2006, 04:23 AM
Thanks. I'm actually most worried about the whole possibility of losing my license for a year. I'd rather spend a few nights in jail than lose that. My friend's dad was going to talk to some attorneys yesterday to see if they'd be able to help me out. I didn't hear back from him last night though so I'll call him sometime today to see what's going on. Hopefully they can talk them down on this stuff.

JoY
08-11-2006, 04:45 AM
I understand. losing your license, also when you've just arranged everything to get it back, is immensely sucky. but who knows what your friend's dad can do. this might have a better ending that expected. I sure hope so.

HornyPope
08-11-2006, 06:58 AM
My buddy had it happen here, I think the fine was 400$.

But a 1000$ AND 3000$ AND risk of stupid jail time AND possible suspension of licence? That's insane. I feel for you.

nieh
08-21-2006, 12:17 PM
UPDATE:
I have a lawyer. We visited him today and he told us that if I'm found guilty of driving without insurance I'm GUARANTEED to lose my license for at least a year. He said it's illegal for the judge to give me a lower sentence than that because the insurance companies pretty much run the show in NJ. He's going to see if he can fight them on that so it goes away completely. The driving with a suspended license thing is not as big of a deal he said (even though it costs more money) because it's easier to talk down. His rate is a flat $1500 which we had to pay today before he would start working on it (my mom covered it, had to go to the bank and do cash advance on her credit card for it and I'm going to pay her back). He's trying to get the court date postponed because he just took the case today so most likely I won't be going in tomorrow but I'm not sure when the next date will be.

Weee....

JoY
08-21-2006, 12:19 PM
very scary shizzle. :/

Little_Miss_1565
08-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Wow, you got yourself a bargain there with the flat lawyer's fee, though it's still a big chunk of change. Best of luck! Hooray for not being in jail!

JohnnyNemesis
08-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna seriously second the celebration of you not being in jail.

All About Eve
08-21-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm fairly sure a raped wallet is better than a raped asshole any day.

0r4ng3
08-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Unless, of course, your asshole is a wallet. Then that's a double whammy.

nieh
08-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Hooray for not being in jail!

Not yet! That's still a possibility along with the whole suspended license thing.

nieh
08-23-2006, 10:05 PM
ANOTHER UPDATE!
I went back to the lawyer's office today to sign the retainer after giving him the $1500 on Monday. So I read over it and apparently this guy's "flat rate" doesn't include money he has to spend to obtain info with stuff like subpoenas. I have to pay more for that. He conveniently left that out when we gave him the money the other day.

Endymion
08-23-2006, 10:05 PM
so very kind of him!