PDA

View Full Version : I lost a chunk of myself.

JohnnyNemesis
08-08-2006, 03:29 PM
x-post, btw.

Anyway, today at work, I was using the bathroom, and I leaned over to get some toilet paper (yes, yes, I was droppin' a deuce, shut up). As I leaned, I must have put too much weight on, because the entire porcelain glass thingy that holds the toilet paper fell off the wall and to the ground, shattered, and a huge chunk got lodged right in my leg.

When I brushed it off, a large chunk of my own flesh fell out, with extra bits of skin getting wrapped up in my leg hairs. I peeled it off and was left in quite a predicament. I was bleeding profusely, with thick redness streaming down my leg, and I still had to finish up, wash my hands, then get around work to find a first aid kit without leaving too much blood on the ground.

It didn't hurt, and it was actually kinda cool. I cleaned the blood off, but more kept gushing out. I have a really big and deep gash in my leg. I want to take a picture and show you all, but then I'd have to remove this bandage, and I don't have another, unfortunately.

During dinner, I burned my tongue.

...so, any more gruesome true work stories?

sKratch
08-08-2006, 03:32 PM
One time I saw the bottom of the popcorn popper. It looked really gross. That's all I got.

Tijs
08-08-2006, 03:38 PM
A few months ago, the dentist pulled out two of my teeth, and it kept on bleeding for about 16 hours. I filled two bigger-than-normal size glasses with blood. And while spitting out the last bit, the sink ended up covered in blood aswell. And I do have pictures.

edit:
A few years ago, I was lifting this heavy rock with a friend, but it got too heavy for him so he let go of the rock. Resulting in the rock dragging me down, crushing one of fingers between one rock and another rock. At this point he decided to notify me that he wasn't able to lift the rock anymore. The skin got wrapped together at one end. Black/red blood came out, kinda foamy. It didn't hurt so I pressed it, and even more blood came out and I could see inside my finger a bit. I lost the pictures of this one though. But my finger is still kinda mis-shaped and there's a small scar on it aswell.

platinumpt
08-08-2006, 04:23 PM
You cutter.

Sin Studly
08-08-2006, 04:40 PM
I lost three huge chunks to broken glass once when I was a lot younger, but they were still dangling by the skin. I wrapped them in a tea-towel and taped up with duct tape, then went to a friends house to play video games and smoke pot. I told everyone it was 'just a scratch'. Eventually I had to go to a clinic and get em poked into place and sewed back in. They turned blackish green for a while and everyone thought the flesh was just gonna die, but eventually they healed up.

And yeah, I didn't feel a thing. Broken glass and porcelein is awesome sharp as it breaks. Thank fuck.

Paint_It_Black
08-08-2006, 05:53 PM
One time I was helping move some wood at work and the other guy dropped his end too soon. My finger got squashed between two planks, and the ink on the wood tatooed my finger. The strange red marking lasted for about 6 months. Another time a huge piece of equipment happened to fall right as I was walking under it, missing me by a few inches. That one probably would have killed me. I saw people shoot nails into their own hands a few times with nailguns. That's pretty gross. One guy nailed two of his fingers together.

Tizzalicious
08-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Not a work story, but still pretty gross:

I was 6, and my mom and I were on her bike going back home from school. I was on the back of her bike. We turned around a corner and crashed into 2 guys who were biking on the wrong side of the road. Result, we fell and somehow one of my knees ended up stuck between those springs beneath her seat. I must have pulled it out or something, which of course led to ripping my skin, and a whole lot of blood. I still have a huge scar on my knee from that.

I don't remember much of it, just the blood. And the fact that this man drove us to the nearest doctor so I could get stitches, but to make sure his car wouldn't get covered in blood, we had to put my pretty green raincoat with little ducks on it under my knee to catch the blood. It made me le sad :(

Angel_of_Death
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I cut the top of my finger off in a sunroof thats all i got sowwy

Rag Doll
08-08-2006, 06:03 PM
i've never *really* injured myself at work. which is surprising, since i've worked in a restaurant and i now work around a lot of glass...and i'm the clumsiest person EVER.

my old boss hurt himself really bad at work though. he dropped a wine bottle and it broke. he knelt down to pick up the pieces and lost his balance, with his knee landing on the very sharp neck of the bottle. yay for blood and merlot all over the floor!

Llamas
08-08-2006, 06:08 PM
I've only burned myself at work. Big scars on both my legs. fucking pizza places.

BREAK
08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
I shat a ridiculous amount of blood into the toilet bowl in the bathroom where I work a couple of months ago. It looked really cool, like the scene from The Conversation when Gene Hackman is in the hotel room looking for murder evidence. It made me a little sad that I had to flush it.

Paint_It_Black
08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
I shat a ridiculous amount of blood into the toilet bowl

In the context of a toilet bowl, I personally find any amount of blood to be unacceptable. What the hell was wrong with you?

BREAK
08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I still don't know. I've had bloody shit before, but that was the only time the blood ever seemed to have come OUT of me, like I had a miscarriage through my ass somehow.

Uh...remind me to eat more fiber.

Paint_It_Black
08-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Get your bloody arse to the doctor. This is not something to take lightly.

BREAK
08-08-2006, 06:34 PM
I did, he looked at it and told me I had an anus fissure. I've been putting some prescription cream on it three times a day and it's done some good. Now it only bleeds when I forget to put it on. Nothing to get worried about me over.

arak0r
08-08-2006, 08:25 PM
ive seen some horrid shit in the wally world restrooms. no pun intended :[ thank god i dont have that job

Endymion
08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
i cut up two of my fingers on my car keys getting out of my car last friday. had to walk a mile uphill to the lab, past a bunch of kids, bleeding the whole way before i could put some bandages on.

Isolated Fury
08-08-2006, 09:06 PM
I took Tae Kwon Do when I was like 12 until I was like 15. I was breaking a board just during a regular kick, and I missed the board completely...excluding my pinky toe. It ripped backward at full force, and yeah...You can picture the rest.

I also sat on a bee's nest when I was 2.

btw, I'm back, I guess.

Endymion
08-08-2006, 10:43 PM
i was wondering what happened to you. care to spin a tale?

noodlesfan
08-09-2006, 12:14 AM
I accidentally cut my arm on a mirror a week ago, and I keep opening it back up so I can make it sing "I Walk The Line" to my friends. It's like a puppet, except it's always throwing up blood as it sings.

pathfinder
08-09-2006, 05:59 AM
Another story:

I was standing on a flat of stairs in my house, and my sister was standing right above me.
The bitch fell back ON ME!!!.
My legs got lodged between the steps.
And as i fell back all of the skin got scraped of both my shins.
And i broke my sisters fall, her fat ass landed right on top of me.

Endymion
08-09-2006, 07:55 AM
I accidentally cut my arm on a mirror a week ago, and I keep opening it back up so I can make it sing "I Walk The Line" to my friends. It's like a puppet, except it's always throwing up blood as it sings.
seriously, not funny. why do you keep trying? sure, your inbred closet homo friends back in florida might think you're funny but this isn't hicksville usa. stop making an ass of yourself.

Harnum
08-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Not a work story either. But here goes.

I was hanging out by a gas station and I saw one of my friends grab onto this pole by the gas pipes (The little storage tank pipes.) and lifted himself into the air like he was being blown away by a hurricane. It was cool so I tried it and my shin came down across the gas pump and took a nice little chunk out of my leg. It hurt like a bitch too. But eventually, It just healed over and I'm none the worse.

JoY
08-09-2006, 10:24 AM
ew, sounds bad, Ricky.

when I was little I always used to do stupid stuff, like dreaming away, while putting my foot between the wheel of my bike. I'd never notice when I got hurt, untill I saw my shoe filling itself with blood. then I'd cry with shock & all that jazz.

- -Lauren- -
08-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Awww, Rick you should get that checked out. :( It's not a good thing to be bleeding a lot, no matter how cool it looks.

Anyways, I am not old enough to technically "work" yet, but once on July 4th, 2002 I believe (either 2001 or 2002, I can't specifically remember), I cut my foot in a lake.

We were visiting my grandparents in Montana, and we decided to cool off and go down to what they called Boy Scout Lake. I was swimming and walking in the water when I hit something. My upper left foot felt tingly and it hurt. I hopped on one foot, not knowing what had happened. I looked at my foot, and I was bleeding enormously.

My stepdad carried me to the car, wrapped my foot, and we had to drive one hour to the nearest hospital. Because it was July 4th, not many were working and I had to go into an emergency room and get 3 stitches.

If the cut were any closer, I would've cut the tendon and undergo surgery.
Not a fun vacation day. When I go swimming in rivers or lakes now, I have to wear water shoes. It was guessed that I cut my foot on a broken beer bottle.

---There was a time when I was five I was bit by a Rottweiler, but I've already given my story.

clokey43
08-10-2006, 03:14 AM
When I worked in the Kitchens at the local Port I was slicing tomatos on the slicing machine thingy. I put a tomato in and as I pulled my hand out managed to catch the back of it on the slicing bit. Had a nice mark on my hand for a month or two.

Thats all I've got though. Worst I'd get at my current job would be a paper cut from money.

JoY
08-11-2006, 02:52 AM
I agree with Lauren on the checking out-thing.

once I was washing a teacup. I'd broken a chip off of it, but it's one of my favorites (real cheap, with red hearts, kinda cheesy. that's why I love it), so I refused to get rid of it. while drying it with a towel my knuckle apparently got stuck behind the broken part & before I fully realised what had happened, a piece of skin was dangling from the sharp edge & my knuckle was bleeding like cuhrayzee. now I have a tiny dimple in my knuckle.

less than two weeks ago me & my friends were walking in the mountains of Switzerland. I was wearing walking shoes, the kind with little hooks that you can tie your laces around. the laces of my right shoe got stuck in the hooks of the left at some point, so my feet were tied together. I fell on my left knee on stone & dirt. there just appeared to be a few scratches, but my knee got swollen up like a spunge, because the joint apparently got a bang. later an enormous crust of dried up blood formed itself on on my knee, but all seemed alright. then I was toying with my boyfriend, who asked me to do a Judo move on him & accidently that entire crust got ripped off. blood was dripping from the new formed wound like mad & my shoe filled itself with blood. I could see fatty white tissue under it. because it's a joint, it wouldn't heal & every once in a while the whole thing sprang open again. then a friend of my mother adviced me one of those "second skin" bandages & now it looks alright again.

it's always the most stupid little accidents that turn out the worst.

Tired_Of_You
08-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Most of you know the story already. I used to work at a supermarket and I had to use the slicers. While I was cutting some ham or whatever, I cut my finger and I had to get 5 stiches. It didn't really hurt, well when the doctor put the stiches it did, but it just bled a lot. I also have pictures if anyone's interested. ;)

Dude From Dudetown
08-11-2006, 01:16 PM
One time I was working in the blender and my hand got chopped off.

noodlesfan
08-11-2006, 01:20 PM
I also have pictures if anyone's interested. ;)
*raises hand and smiles*

Kristi920
08-11-2006, 01:30 PM
When I was little I jammed my leg into the protruding end of a metal bed frame. Took a good chuck outta me about the size of a dime. I still have the scar.

the_offsprings_monkey
08-11-2006, 01:41 PM
I sliced a chunk of skin off my thumb the other day at work while prepping some red onions for lunch. That's all.