PDA

View Full Version : Bands You Hate

thomda11
08-08-2006, 05:23 PM
I dont' know if there is a thread out there about this but list the bands you despise.

Mine are:

Fall Out Boy
Panic! At the Disco
The Used
Halifax (and virtually all bands that sound like them)
Hawthorne Heights
and more.......

noodlesfan
08-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah, those bands all suck, you should check out my band, www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

Sheena-brfan
08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Definitly Fall Out Boy. And Something Corporate. But do you know how many bands sound like Fall Out Boy? I am so pissed, it's really annoying. I mean, every single new artist sounds like them, except for a few- very few- good ones.

RickyCrack
08-08-2006, 06:27 PM
I hate everything you listen to.

no_way
08-08-2006, 07:05 PM
No Doubt, when it existed, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Day, Simple Plan, The Ramones (but I admit they were huge), Franz Ferdinard, The Killers, The Strokes.

Yeah, those bands all suck, you should check out my band, www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

Way passed through

noodlesfan
08-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Way passed through
Good or bad?

Sheena-brfan
08-08-2006, 07:21 PM
No Doubt, when it existed, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Day, Simple Plan, The Ramones (but I admit they were huge), Franz Ferdinard, The Killers, The Strokes

I agree on all of them but The Ramones and Green Day. And add The Sunstreak and Paramore

noodlesfan
08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
I agree on all of them but The Ramones and Green Day.
The Ramones and Green Day were far too repetative in all of their songs. They all sound too alike.

Sheena-brfan
08-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Ramones, yeah, a bit. Green Day, no. American Idiot and a bit of Warning, yes, the songs are all alike pretty much. Other albums, like Dookie or Nimrod, they're all really different.

SkunkIt
08-08-2006, 07:47 PM
How can you hate The Ramones?

A few random bands/singers I hate:

Creed
Busted
Avril

That's all I can think of right now.

Retard
08-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Avenged, Zepelin, Panic at the disco, Fall out Boy, hellogoodbye, the germs. and the obvious ones that are just shitty pop stuff.

bd007h
08-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Dave Matthews Band
Nickleback

I can tolerate/enjoy almost any other rock or pop/rock music.

jacknife737
08-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Just about every 'emo' band

The entire Victory Records roster, save for the Tossers

Nickleback, and all of its clones (especially Theory of a Dead Man)

The Casualties, and Bouncing Souls.

Most of the newer 'pop-punk' bands, ie Headley, Simple Plan, ect.

Dave Matthews Band

Gogol Bordello

Edit: I am willing to give the Bouncing Souls one last chance at warped this Saturday, but 'Anchors Aweigh' remains the worst fucking song in history.

DeAtHsTaR
08-09-2006, 12:03 AM
The entire Victory Records roster, save for the Tossers
How can you hate Streetlight Manifesto?

noodlesfan
08-09-2006, 12:07 AM
How can you hate The Ramones?
I don't hate them, I just think that most of their songs sound alike.

Marco
08-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Backstreet Boys
Blue
Jesse McCartney
Duncan James
.....and all that stuff.

BuddyHolly
08-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Ramones, yeah, a bit. Green Day, no. American Idiot and a bit of Warning, yes, the songs are all alike pretty much. Other albums, like Dookie or Nimrod, they're all really different.

I do not agree with that. Their first 4 albums sound a lot like eacht other. And Nimrod, Warning and American Idiot sound quite the same as well.

pathfinder
08-09-2006, 06:02 AM
No Doubt, when it existed, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Day, Simple Plan, The Ramones (but I admit they were huge), Franz Ferdinard, The Killers, The Strokes.

For hating the Red Hot Chili Peppers you diserve to die.
For hating The Strokes you just diserve to get an STD.

Endymion
08-09-2006, 08:00 AM
For hating The Strokes you just diserve to get an STD.
for being a faggoted pussy-kicker with terrible taste in music, you deserve to suckle jojan.

jacknife737
08-09-2006, 09:31 AM
How can you hate Streetlight Manifesto?

I forgot that they were on Victory.

DeAtHsTaR
08-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Actually, it's the other way around.

Jakebert
08-09-2006, 10:37 AM

I like RHCP, but they're incredibly overrated. They're not nearly as original and groundbreaking as people say they are, and they have some of the dumbest lyrics ever.

The only band that I would really say I hate is Incubus, but mainly because I'm constantly stuck around kids who think that they're arty and deep.

Thomas
08-09-2006, 10:42 AM
I really really like the RHCP. I don't know what it is. I think it's their combination of funk and hard rock that makes them appeal to me. They are a bit overrated, but not that much. Their lyrics may not be the best, but I have always liked their writing style. I dunno. Some bands just appeal to me in ways that I can't explain. The RHCP are definitely one of those bands.

I like Incubus, but I don't have any albums and I have never really heard any of the hype you are talking about. I dunno. Tucson is really weird with the music here.

Jakebert
08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Their singles are alright, but the albums are really boring and repetitive. They find one basic song, then repeat it 13 times and call it an album. I've been dumb enough to buy 2 of their CD's because I liked the singles. That's why I started downloading music.

The hype around them here isn't as big as it used to be, but for a long time, every kid that thought they were a music nerd worshipped them for reasons I will never understand.

bd007h
08-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Which 2 albums did you buy?

Jakebert
08-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Morning View and A Crow Left of the Murder. I've also heard most of Make Yourself at a friend's house, and I was just as bored with it as the other 2.

Thomas
08-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Wow. I couldn't disagree more. Look at By The Way, for example. By The Way sounds nothing like This is the Place, which sounds nothing like Can't Stop, which sounds nothing like Midnight, which sounds nothing like Throw Away Your Television, which sounds nothing like Cabron, which sounds nothing like Venice Queen. And that's just on that one album.

bd007h
08-09-2006, 11:00 AM
wow, Jakebert was talking about Incubus, and Thomas and I thought he was talking about RHCP. We're retarded

Thomas
08-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Goddammit.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-09-2006, 11:18 AM
I really like Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I have to agree, their lyrics suck. The only bands I can't stand to listen to are Fall Out Boy and Phantom Planet.

Jakebert
08-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I think RHCP are overrated, but I don't think they're repetitive or that they suck. I think they're a decent band.

Original prankstA
08-09-2006, 12:52 PM
atreyu, and underoath and bands similar. i hate screamo and like the whole emo lifestyle (the whole tight jeans and makeup thing) it's ok if your screaming about hell but todays bands are just screaming about their pussys.

and i have to agree that RHCP is super overrated but still a good band

- -Lauren- -
08-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Music I don't like:

Anything they play in a grocery store.
Those Kidz Bop kids.
All Country pretty much.

I can't right now think of any bands I particularly "hate."

Yatesy
08-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Trivium and Bullet for my Valentine and most things that sound similar to them, I don't hate genres.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Bands I hate:
1. AC/CD/CA/DC/AD/CA, or just AC/DC.
2. U2.

That is all.

All Country pretty much.
Haha, why do all americans hate country so much? I think Americans are those who hate country the most, but they... well, they sort of invented it, didn't they? Country music can be very fun and enjoyable, imo.

nightvision
08-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Well... I don't know really. I've started to dislike RHCP alot after their latest release though... Man, that "stadium arcadium"-shit is awful.
I really don't like Moby either :p

Yatesy
08-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Bands I hate:

2. U2.

That is all.

Haha, why do all americans hate country so much? I think Americans are those who hate country the most, but they... well, they sort of invented it, didn't they? Country music can be very fun and enjoyable, imo.

This guy is onto something! U2 are terrible and Country is fun! xD

XYlophonetreeZ
08-09-2006, 01:40 PM
The two bands I hate most are probably Incubus and Train.

And most of those punk bands that elitists always tell you to listen to because they were "so fucking influential" (e.g. Sex Pistols, Minor Threat, etc.). Who gives a fuck, most of the music that they influenced was shitty anyway.

Oh yeah, and all of those jam bands favored by weed-smoking pretentious college fags, like Dave Matthews Band, O.A.R., and Dispatch. And I despise it when these same fags pretend to like bluegrass music. Bluegrass is what hell sounds like.

Jakebert
08-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Well... I don't know really. I've started to dislike RHCP alot after their latest release though... Man, that "stadium arcadium"-shit is awful.

I like Stadium Arcadium, but the double album was really excessive as some of those songs really could have been dropped out to make a more focused album. It had it's good moments, but there was little to no focus and it makes it feel like a mix of b-sides rather than an actual album.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-09-2006, 01:44 PM
This guy is onto something! U2 are terrible and Country is fun! xD
Well, yeah, of course you think so, you're not American! ;D

XYlophonetreeZ
08-09-2006, 03:15 PM
I like Stadium Arcadium, but the double album was really excessive as some of those songs really could have been dropped out to make a more focused album. It had it's good moments, but there was little to no focus and it makes it feel like a mix of b-sides rather than an actual album.
I agree, except I think most of it was pretty good and above typical b-side quality. Would've been better if shortened to a long-ish one-disc album. I don't get why they'd do a double album, actually. Their albums are usually on the long side anyway, and this time around they may have actually had enough material to make a 16-song album like By the Way and actually make it consistently pretty damn good. It's a shame they seem unable to part with their mediocre songs. If they'd swallowed some pride they could have really hit home.

That said, I actually think Mars is really solid minus maybe 3 songs. Jupiter has a few GREAT songs, but lots of crap too.

offspring fan
08-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Good Charlotte
Sum 41
the new Guns N` Roses
Hole
and all the boy bands

ruroken
08-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Country music can be very fun and enjoyable
You're right... but I still hate it.

Hawthorne Heights
The Strokes
Fall Out Boy
Panic! At the Disco
The Used
Underoath
Simple Plan
Taking Back Sunday
Foo Fighters

no_way
08-09-2006, 05:48 PM
I think the RHCP are waaaaaaay overrated. The lyrics are extremely hollow and stupid, and when they have a point, thing that happens once in a blue moon, the point is not well expressed. IMO, Anthony Kiedis is not a good song-writer nor singer, I mean he doesn't go off-key, but he doesn't have a wooow voice or a great register. And the band is quite good, complete, but still, I can't help paying attention to the lyrics and Anthony Kiedis' voice.

A very friend of mine is 100% RHCP fan, and she says she likes them because they've been through different styles and explored different kinds of music, well I don't think that's a good thing, because they've always been focused of calling the audience's attention and do something fashionable and catchy to show off. They're suckers imo.

bd007h
08-09-2006, 07:40 PM
the lyrics of a lot of RHCPs lyrics have a point to them. Some of them deal with Anthony's battle with drug addiction (Under the Bridge, Aeroplane, etc). Knock Me Down is about their former guitarist's death from a heroine overdose. Power of Equality deals with racism. Californication is about the decline of society. Righteous and the Wicked is about how mankind is ruining the earth.... I could go on.

SkunkIt
08-09-2006, 09:37 PM
I forgot that they were on Victory.

So is Catch 22. <3

noodlesfan
08-09-2006, 09:46 PM
So is Catch 22. <3
Catch 22 is for the childrens!
(actually, arrogant sons of bitches are, but they can share for a little bit)

SkunkIt
08-09-2006, 09:49 PM
I like both bands. You're not funny.

thomda11
08-09-2006, 10:31 PM
I forgot to mention a few in my original post:

Am I the only one who HATES Bruce Springsteen?
And Guns and Roses
And most 80's metal

noodlesfan
08-09-2006, 10:35 PM
I like both bands. You're not funny.
I wasn't insulting them.

jacknife737
08-09-2006, 10:44 PM
So is Catch 22. <3

I don't hate Catch 22, but i don't really like them all that much.

pathfinder
08-10-2006, 09:03 AM
for being a faggoted pussy-kicker with terrible taste in music, you deserve to suckle jojan.

Oe....

That harsh man.
Even from you.

pathfinder
08-10-2006, 09:09 AM
the lyrics of a lot of RHCPs lyrics have a point to them. Some of them deal with Anthony's battle with drug addiction (Under the Bridge, Aeroplane, etc). Knock Me Down is about their former guitarist's death from a heroine overdose. Power of Equality deals with racism. Californication is about the decline of society. Righteous and the Wicked is about how mankind is ruining the earth.... I could go on.

Im starting to like you....Allot!

bd007h
08-10-2006, 09:14 AM
I feel so very priviliged. Thank you.

Jakebert
08-10-2006, 09:25 AM

Just because they have a point doesn't mean that they're well-written. Look NOFX's political songs. Anthony's lyrics are just bad. Luckily, I can usually ignore it for the music itself.

noodlesfan
08-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Look NOFX's political songs.
I gotta Pee
Gotta pee
Gotta pee
Gotta pee
Gotta pee
Gotta pee...

or

She gotta walk with a silicone cock
Sticking in her ass, and one in her cunt
A butterfly vibrator strapped tight to her clit
But who's got the remote control?

or my favorite

My vagina has two sets of lips
But I don't get monthly blood drips
My vagina hardly even used

My vagina's got lots of extra skin
They took my outtie and made it an in
Changing Donnie to Marie Osmond

0r4ng3
08-10-2006, 09:33 AM
That's no way to go, Franco Un-American.

noodlesfan
08-10-2006, 09:35 AM
The Idiots are Taking Over ^

Corpse
08-10-2006, 09:58 AM
All American Rejects
Fall Out Boy
Panic At The Disco
Every pop artist/band
Guns N Roses

Zee
08-10-2006, 12:13 PM
I don't really hate any bands, everyone deserves their place but some I respect more and some I respect less.

Retard
08-10-2006, 01:04 PM
I to think that Bruce Springsteen sucks, i hate him.

the reason why i cant stand most country is because all i can picture is just a bunch of hicks sitting around their house with klan products all over the place. that and the twang in their voices are annoying.

Cute is What We Aim For are becoming a band i dont like.
Saves the Day, they played for like ten minutes more than they were supposed to at Warped and we had to sit there and listen to them instead of listening to the Bouncing Souls.
18 Visions.
Transition, I've had to watch them live twice waiting for Reel Big Fish.
Motley Crue, and whatever band Sebastian Bach was in.

notoriousdoc
08-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Most metal bands
Aiden. Second worst band ever
Angel and Airwaves. Tom DeLonge's a pompous wanker, he can't write for shit either.
PANIC! AT THE FUCKING DISCO. God, worst band *ever*

etc. I really could go on forever

Short_Attention_Span
08-10-2006, 01:17 PM
I immensely dislike Angels and Airwaves...

...and there's also Good Charlotte (which my little brother listens to constantly)
-Simple Plan
-RBD (they're a pop band from Mexico)
-Fall Out Boy
-any frivolous pop band/artist.
-Guns and Roses
-Under the Influence of Giants

I like some country, though...
________
Box Vaporizer (http://boxvaporizers.com)

SkunkIt
08-10-2006, 02:27 PM
I don't hate Catch 22, but i don't really like them all that much.

Not even Keasby Nights?

noodlesfan
08-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Not even Keasby Nights?
Keasby Nights is my 2nd favorite song from them.

9mm and A Three-Piece Suit is my favorite.

Professor Chaos
08-10-2006, 02:45 PM
I think she meant the album as a whole.

Dude From Dudetown
08-10-2006, 06:17 PM
The Offspring

Forza
08-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Terrible shit:

Disturbed
Tool
Crossfade
Gamma Ray
Helloween
Meshuggah
Trivium
Atreyu

noodlesfan
08-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Disturbed
Tool
Only terrible when you label them with the wrong genre. They're horrible metal bands, but Disturbed is a good rock band, and Tool is an okay industrial band.

Endymion
08-11-2006, 11:33 AM
wrong, they're both terrible bands. proven fact, ask einstein.

noodlesfan
08-11-2006, 11:36 AM
wrong, they're both terrible bands. proven fact, ask einstein.
Proven fact: My penis is named Einstein. He jumped up at the mere Idea.

Llamas
08-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Tool is great. :)

noodlesfan
08-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Tool is great. :)
False!!

Tool is okay when your friend plays their music videos while you're tripping. Otherwise, they are the suck.

Dude From Dudetown
08-11-2006, 12:11 PM
The best band ever is

jacknife737
08-11-2006, 12:13 PM
i'm updating my list, i want to add

The vast majority of 80s music.

and just about every 'nu-metal' band.

Yatesy
08-11-2006, 12:15 PM
The vast majority of 80s music.

No dude, you just don't say that!

jacknife737
08-11-2006, 12:19 PM
No dude, you just don't say that!

Well i wouldn't have too if the VAST majority of 80s music wasn't utterly horrible.

Jakebert
08-11-2006, 02:07 PM
You mean "new wave" or "hair metal". 80's music in general would also mean bands like the Descendents, Husker Du, early Sonic Youth, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Elvis Costello, and this list could go on.

Yatesy
08-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Well i wouldn't have too if the VAST majority of 80s music wasn't utterly horrible.

So you've heard the vast majority of 80's music then?

Llamas
08-11-2006, 02:29 PM
False!!

Tool is okay when your friend plays their music videos while you're tripping. Otherwise, they are the suck.

God you're a moron.

el_monkey
08-11-2006, 02:32 PM
linkin park ftl

MaF
08-11-2006, 02:38 PM
i don't hate anyone of em personately...just don't admit...i think...i just get along in my small-tiny world with few bands , sometimes adds others to my top secret club :D

rocketman
08-11-2006, 02:49 PM
You mean "new wave" or "hair metal".
*shudder* I hate hair metal and new wave...

jacknife737
08-11-2006, 03:28 PM
You mean "new wave" or "hair metal". 80's music in general would also mean bands like the Descendents, Husker Du, early Sonic Youth, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Elvis Costello, and this list could go on.

Yeah, basically.

Its just when i think of 80s music the first thing that comes to mind is

http://www.UploadYourImages.com/thumb/016926twisted_sister1.jpg (http://www.UploadYourImages.com/view/016926twisted_sister1.jpg)

IAmARevenant
08-11-2006, 08:32 PM
^ :) yeah me too.

I fucking hate morningwood worse than any other band in existance.

noodlesfan
08-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I want to have passionate eye-socket sex with you now.

IAmARevenant
08-12-2006, 07:58 AM
does that mean you agree?

noodlesfan
08-12-2006, 08:00 AM
does that mean you agree?
Completely.

Sheena-brfan
08-12-2006, 10:20 AM

More than Nickelback?

Retard
08-12-2006, 08:01 PM
i hate this band called BOYS LIKE GIRLS, first the show i had to watch them at was a SENIOR DISCOUNT and MONTY ARE I cd release show. but nooooo those dooshbags had to go on after SD cuz they have some industry buzz. to top it alll off they were some annoying emo band.

but hey i got to see Senior Discount again and get their new cd. so it was a score!

no_way
08-12-2006, 08:58 PM
i hate this band called BOYS LIKE GIRLS, first the show i had to watch them at was a SENIOR DISCOUNT and MONTY ARE I cd release show. but nooooo those dooshbags had to go on after SD cuz they have some industry buzz. to top it alll off they were some annoying emo band.

but hey i got to see Senior Discount again and get their new cd. so it was a score!

Never heard of this band. I think I'll download some of their stuff.

Retard
08-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Never heard of this band. I think I'll download some of their stuff.

not to sound like a doosh but i wouldnt expect u to, theyre a local Rhode Island band. The only way i can describe them is GOOD modern Pop-Punk, with touches of ska, and a little harder punk everyonce and a while.

if u wanna check em out just click on the link in my sig.... or just do it here :D

www.seniordiscountmusic.com
or
www.myspace.com/seniordiscount

their fucking awsome and theyre really great dudes, once i get out of school and they start touring i'm gonna roadie for em. SWEEET!!!!!!

no_way
08-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Ok thank you, I will, soon, now I have to go to sleep haha. Bye!