PDA

View Full Version : New Laws

H1T_That
08-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Some of you may have heard that you now are no longer allowed to take hand luggage onto an aeroplane. Its because of terrorist attacks.

So, now its forbidden for you to take practically anything onto the plane as hand luggage. Exceptions are made for people who need glasses etc, though.

I think its a step in the right direction, as it will slow the terrorists down, although they're bound to find another way soon enough.

Discuss.

HornyPope
08-10-2006, 11:07 AM
I call shananegans.
(havent heard anything on the sort, my guess is it's either a rumour, some reactionary bullshit, or a temporary airline-enforced security measure)

Its because of stupid lawmakers.

Here, fixed it for you. Terrorists are scum and have to be hunted and killed wherever possible, and moderate groups have to dissociate and condemn them, but let's not jump into mass hysteria and blame few dozen instigators for our own fears.

H1T_That
08-10-2006, 11:11 AM
No, i assure you its been on the news tonight.

And also, look http://www.fly-jet.com/notice/

HornyPope
08-10-2006, 11:25 AM
This is terrible. How dare they?!?!

I call Jihad on the airlines!

I kid, I kid. (what? poor taste?)

But seriously, that's about the stupidest security measure taken in a decade.

Rag Doll
08-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Isn't that new security measure only on flights out of the UK? I haven't heard of them doing it in the US, only restricting what one can bring in their hand luggage (no liquids, including shampoo, toothpaste, etc). No matter what new rules they come up with, airport security sucks horribly.

Lars
08-10-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm assuming it's only a temporary measure for the moment, and I would think only a UK thing really.

I've been patiently waiting all day for a plane to fall out of the sky from Heathrow and land in the park across the street from me.

I'm sure baggage theives are enjoying this news that more valuables are going down the cargo hold.

Yatesy
08-10-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm assuming it's only a temporary measure for the moment, and I would think only a UK thing really.

Yeah, it'll probably change after things calm down a little.

Sunny
08-10-2006, 03:44 PM
As people have already mentioned, I believe liquids were temporarily not allowed in carry-on luggage on UK-US flights.

personally, i can't imagine being on a long flight without mouthwash, lotion and other stuff of the sort, but i'm sure 1) it's temporary and 2) they had damn good reasoning behind it.

Endymion
08-10-2006, 09:13 PM
I think its a step in the right direction, as it will slow the terrorists down, although they're bound to find another way soon enough.
slippery fucking slope.

Dude From Dudetown
08-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Isn't that new security measure only on flights out of the UK? I haven't heard of them doing it in the US, only restricting what one can bring in their hand luggage (no liquids, including shampoo, toothpaste, etc). No matter what new rules they come up with, airport security sucks horribly.

Airport security doesn't suck...what the hell? They are doing that so YOU DON'T GET KILLED.

HornyPope
08-11-2006, 06:55 AM
I'll take my chances, I rather the risk boarding the one plane in a million that will get hijacked than the risk of airport luggage monkeys ruining my laptop and cameras every second or third time they handle the bags.

Rag Doll
08-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Airport security doesn't suck...what the hell? They are doing that so YOU DON'T GET KILLED.

Have you flown anywhere recently? Just last month I flew to and from London (y'know, where this whole plot was supposed to go down from...and I was flying from a NYC airport)....and the security was horrible. The screeners didn't pay one bit of attention to anything anyone had with them and barely even glanced at their screens when running bags through the x-rays. And leaving London, it was even worse. So yes, airport security sucks no matter what they do. It'll be very restrictive for a week or two because of this threat, and then it'll go back to being horrible.

Dude From Dudetown
08-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Thier is a law that says you can only bring medicine if it has your name on it. I bet terriost will be able to put thier names on medicine and sneak on some kind of bomb in them.

clokey43
08-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Lol it's just temporary measures. Like the UK has been put on 'Critical alert'. Its a temporary precautional (sp) measure. A funny side to it though is they are making people who carry baby milk to test it in front of them to make sure it isn's a dangerous substance.

Sunny
08-11-2006, 11:59 AM
The screeners didn't pay one bit of attention to anything anyone had with them and barely even glanced at their screens when running bags through the x-rays.

i went through security at JFK with an x-acto blade (perfect for stabbing and really sharp) and nail scissors. when i arrived in dublin the irish security people were like WTF HOW DID YOU GET ON A PLANE CARRYING THIS STUFF.

H1T_That
08-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Apparently you're not allowed glasses cases now.

TRUSTpunk
08-12-2006, 04:54 AM
This world is getting more F'ed up year by year. Nothing we can do to stop the
hell going on between these terrorists.

Welcome to the new Milenium. Six years into the Apocalypse.