PDA

View Full Version : Documentary on Britain's Fattest Teenager

Corpse
08-11-2006, 07:05 AM
http://www.five.tv/programmes/hiddenlives/fattestteen/

I saw this last night, wondered what you all think, and if you saw it?

Not Ozymandias
08-11-2006, 07:50 AM
He doesn't look that bad, I was expecting someone who could only be moved on a flat bed truck.
There was a 12 year old in Massachusetts a few years ago who weighed 600 pounds until her heart exploded.
How the fuck could people let this shit happen to their kids?

Little_Miss_1565
08-11-2006, 07:55 AM
The kid is retarded; sadly, it seems he gets it from his mother.

JoY
08-11-2006, 08:03 AM
I knew a guy in my class who was fatter than that. he eventually lost about 65% of his bodyweight & now he seems fine. he once robbed the videogames store where he himself worked while on drugs, rushing in with stockings pulled over his face. but as soon as the guy behind the counter saw him with his baseball bat, he was like "hey man! how you've been doing?". you can't reallyreallyreally be annonymous if you're the fattest guy anyone has ever met.

Original prankstA
08-11-2006, 08:05 AM
this really shows you how much worse the u.s. is than all other countries. Because when i saw that kid i did't think he was like really fat compared to many people i've seen.

Corpse
08-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Bingo. That is the point I was trying to show. Britain may be a dumb, stupid nation, but it's not the stupidest in all areas.

Idiot
08-11-2006, 08:44 AM
He looks like a 'chubby' american.

Sin Studly
08-11-2006, 08:49 AM
You'd think that America would have the fattest kid in the world, instead of a country where people can't even afford to eat (http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/article/0,,1783637,00.html).

HeadAroundU
08-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Fuck yeah! Justin. I saw this kid yesterday in TV and I wanted to post it here but I couldn't find him.

Sin Studly
08-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Strange that the second and third fattest are both Georgians.

I thought slavs were supposed to be hot. FATGROW KILLS!!!!1

edit ; I've just been informed Georgians aren't slavs. I'm so embarrassed.

Kristi920
08-11-2006, 09:31 AM
He's got nice ankles for the fattest teen in Britain.

Little_Miss_1565
08-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Strange that the second and third fattest are both Georgians.

My friend spent a semester in Georgia. She said Georgian food is meat served with a side of fat, and then fat and meat.

Dude From Dudetown
08-11-2006, 10:18 AM
What does stone mean? It says, "The boy now weighs an incredible 15 stone."

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-11-2006, 10:35 AM

He weighs as much as 15 times the average rock found on the ground. No, it is just a foreign word for weight, a unit of mass equal to fourteen pounds in Earth's gravity. So multiply 15 and 14 and you get the boy's weight in pounds.

Chev_Am
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
That kid should move to the US.

Corpse
08-11-2006, 10:58 AM

Basically he is 210 lbs.

Kristi920
08-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Basically he is 210 lbs.

He really isn't that bad. I've known dogs who weigh more than that.

Sunny
08-11-2006, 11:25 AM
210 lbs? i know a 14 year old girl who's like 220 lbs.

aside from hormonal imbalances and mental disorders, i don't see how people can do this to themselves.

Kristi920
08-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Prader-Willi Syndrome

Sunny
08-11-2006, 11:48 AM
prader-willi causes a hormonal imbalance, no?

the_GoDdEsS
08-11-2006, 11:51 AM
I thought the fatties were in America and the plumpies in Britain. That Georgian kid looks bad.

Corpse
08-11-2006, 12:09 PM
The 6 year old was the one who weighed 210 lbs.

The teenager from the UK weighed 448 lbs.

Dude From Dudetown
08-11-2006, 12:14 PM
im 13 and weigh 150 is that bad?

Kristi920
08-11-2006, 12:17 PM
im 13 and weigh 150 is that bad?

Depends on how tall you are.

Corpse
08-11-2006, 12:24 PM
http://www.am-i-fat.com/

Go here if you are worried.

Dude From Dudetown
08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Depends on how tall you are.

About 5 feet 4 inches

Kristi920
08-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Use this (http://www.biovox.com/calculators/fat.asp) fat calculator to check yourself. Just enter Height and Weight.

Sunny
08-11-2006, 01:36 PM
that calculator cannot possibly tell you if you're actually fat or not just judging by your height and weight... because it's your body fat percentage that actually matters. and muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue, so fit people with lots of muscle tissue might actually qualify as "heavy" while they're in fact quite lean and in shape.

All About Eve
08-11-2006, 01:52 PM
220 is nothing. I'm slim at 215. Although he's not, he doesn't have any muscle at all, it's still not up to the "holy shit" mark.

Dude From Dudetown
08-11-2006, 02:14 PM
All of these calculators say I'm fat but I don't think I look fat. My stomach doesn't stick out (I'm actually reall slim), but the length of it across.

Apathy
08-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Use this (http://www.biovox.com/calculators/fat.asp) fat calculator to check yourself. Just enter Height and Weight.

that calculator is terrible. It skips over the 0" mark.

HeadAroundU
08-11-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm 6'3'' and 220lb.

Well the results are in and it looks like you are acctually pretty fat.
Underweight: No
Overweight: Yes
Body Mass: 27.5
Ideal weight index:
Skinny 0 - 18 | Normal 19 - 25 | Fat 25 - 39 | Huge 40+

That motherfucker doesn't know that I have lotsa muscles.

H1T_That
08-11-2006, 04:39 PM
http://www.five.tv/programmes/hiddenlives/fattestteen/

I saw this last night, wondered what you all think, and if you saw it?

I fucking know this guy!!!!

I live in a village half way between Newcastle and Hartlepool (Hartlepool is nearer) and through some mates who live in Hartlepool i know him!

*slows down*

why the fuck am i excited about it?, he's just a lame fat cunt. And to be honest, he's big, but there a plenty of bigger people around this area alone. There is only the documentary for the fact he's 18.

ninthlayer
08-11-2006, 05:12 PM
It'd be nice if they put something next to that Brit kid so we could get an idea of how he scales with stuff. I bet my roommate is bigger than him anyway.

H1T_That
08-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Well, by the looks of that pic, 4 of his fingers are the height of a pint glass. My full hand can only cover maybe half a pint glass.

Sin Studly
08-11-2006, 06:26 PM
My friend spent a semester in Georgia. She said Georgian food is meat served with a side of fat, and then fat and meat.

That sounds awesome. I judge when I've had a great meal when I have palpitations afterwards.

JoY
08-11-2006, 06:49 PM
that calculator cannot possibly tell you if you're actually fat or not just judging by your height and weight... because it's your body fat percentage that actually matters. and muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue, so fit people with lots of muscle tissue might actually qualify as "heavy" while they're in fact quite lean and in shape.
uh huh. you'd have to calculate the bodyfat percentage to be able to make any statements. it's nice people watch their weights these days & that's most certainly related to the amount of bodyfat you carry around, but it's the bodyfat that does the damage. bodyfat around the tummy, mostly. the kind that makes you apple-shaped. the kind that makes you pear-shaped is supposed to be much better. (I don't feel like explaining. it's just practical knowledge) & strictly seeing, you don't know much about how fit you are without certain numbers.

H1T_That
08-11-2006, 06:51 PM
A friend of mine works out regularly and looks quite healthy. He is in fact somewhere around 16stone. This is because of the muscle, not fat.

JoY
08-11-2006, 06:54 PM
exactly. when I still played fieldhockey.. oh man, I was slimmer than this. but I sure as hell was heavier.

H1T_That
08-11-2006, 06:57 PM
exactly. when I still played fieldhockey.. oh man, I was slimmer than this. but I sure as hell was heavier.

I used to play football (soccer) regularly. This was about 2 years ago. I stopped playing and started to eat more, drink more and generally slob about more. From then up until very recently i have stayed the same weight, it is only now all the was once muscle is fat, and its just fat piling on now, not the working out of muscles.

Mind you, i'm still only 8.5 stone, which is still extremly light for my age.

JoY
08-11-2006, 07:14 PM
I have no idea how heavy I am in stones. I'm 127 pounds however, according to some converter site I just dug up. sounds like so much! so.. *checks converter* ..that'd make me 9.1 stones? it all sounds heavy to me.

I'm fine, though. not overweight, most surely not underweight... I could use some exercise.. less drinking, more normal food intake, more sleeping, more exercise... &, like I noticed last time, I'll still probably weigh the same. but I'd look & feel different.

Sunny
08-11-2006, 10:40 PM
bodyfat around the tummy, mostly. the kind that makes you apple-shaped. the kind that makes you pear-shaped is supposed to be much better. (I don't feel like explaining. it's just practical knowledge) & strictly seeing, you don't know much about how fit you are without certain numbers.

isn't that because of your pancreas and liver? doesn't belly fat makes you more likely to get diabetes?

luckily for myself, i store fat in typical girl places. not the belly. woot.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-11-2006, 10:54 PM
I really hate my body. I eat more than anybody else in my grade and I'm still skinny as hell. I dislike being as skinny as I am. You can see my veins, which is a good thing I guess, I'm ripped and have low body fat. Another advantage is that when I work out, my muscles show very easily, so it looks like I work out more than I actually do. According to that "Am I Fat?" scale, I have a perfect BMI.

My friend weighs only 103 pounds and is about 5 feet and 6 inches tall. He doesn't look too fat, but with his shirt off, he's beastly and has quite the gut. We make fun of him and call him fat while some of the girls say he isn't fat if he only wieghs 103 pounds. Problem is, it is no muscle whatsoever.

SkunkIt
08-12-2006, 12:54 AM
this really shows you how much worse the u.s. is than all other countries. Because when i saw that kid i did't think he was like really fat compared to many people i've seen.

Same here. I saw a woman at a movie theatere in California sitting close to me and she was fat, but I didn't think much of it. Then when she left the movie theatere, I saw she was taking up two seats and my jaw just dropped.

Corpse
08-12-2006, 03:03 AM
I have no idea how heavy I am in stones. I'm 127 pounds however, according to some converter site I just dug up. sounds like so much! so.. *checks converter* ..that'd make me 9.1 stones? it all sounds heavy to me.

I'm fine, though. not overweight, most surely not underweight... I could use some exercise.. less drinking, more normal food intake, more sleeping, more exercise... &, like I noticed last time, I'll still probably weigh the same. but I'd look & feel different.

I can assure you, 9.1 stones is not heavy. Most girls in my class (aged 14/15) are around that or heavier.

JoY
08-12-2006, 06:16 AM
Sunny, it's mostly about the kind of fat that you store. what kind of carbs & fat you've been eating. you can eat a pile of crisps vs. a pile of fatty yoghurt. when you create one of those bellies, it's mostly from putting weight on from "fast" food. not the kind of food that you buy & eat fast, but the kind that digests & sticks on easily. generally someone with an apple-shaped figure has a relatively high percentage of bad cholesterol, when taking the percentage of good cholesterol into acount.

I've never considered the fact that fat that wraps around your tummy could influence your pancreas to cause diabetes. hmmm. diabetes type I, the kind you can't help, is generally seen a disease of the pancreas. but diabetes type II is simply being immune for your own insuline from eating so much, your body overproduced it in amounts that it made receptors numb.

I can assure you, 9.1 stones is not heavy. Most girls in my class (aged 14/15) are around that or heavier.
I'm glad you say that. I'm not very tall, especially not for a Dutch girl. I've been rather conscious about my weight lately. this vacation has been one big foodfest for me, so I should watch myself. I would just like to look a bit more healthy & I'm scared that would involve some weightloss.

Dude From Dudetown
08-12-2006, 07:54 AM
I'd rather be really skinny than really fat! I'm 155 at 13! That's horrible!

Corpse
08-12-2006, 10:08 AM
People say that, but people that are really skinny actually wish they could put on a few more pounds. A kid at my old school could eat as much as he could, and he wouldn't put anything on.

Dude From Dudetown
08-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Girls don't like guys that are fat

Corpse
08-12-2006, 10:31 AM

I really hope you find out how wrong this statement is.

Outerbands
08-12-2006, 11:16 AM
I saw that documentary. I was very pleased by it. The kid seemed very happy and enjoyed his life. He just loves to eat food and he doesn't mind dying because of it.

JoY, the source of your calories doesn't really affect body composition that much. Genetics does. If your prone to store fat on your stomach, it's nature. If I over eat on big macs or oat meal it doesn't matter, my body will store fat wherever it does. However, what does influence things is your insulin levels. Insulin blunts fat oxidation, therefore if you eat vast amounts of simple carbs with no accompanying fats or protein source your insulin levels are sky high. Meaning your body doesn't burn the fat.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Who seriously needs a "fat calculator"? Don't people have eyes?! Just lift up your shirt and check for yourself, goddamnit. "Hm, they say I'm fat but I don't think so... am I fat? I don't know... is 90kg 'fat'? Hm... Oh, I know! I'll use the internet! Yeah, Google will know if I'm fat or not! Oh, let's see what this calculator says!"

ninthlayer
08-12-2006, 03:32 PM
I really hope you find out how wrong this statement is.
Sure, girls do like guys that are fat, especially if the guy is femmy. Why? Because they don't feel threatened by ol' tubbyguts as he knows that it's a strictly friends situation and his vagina wont allow him to hurt that by making a move.

Unless the girls are equal tubby amd/or have some sort of freaky fat fetish, which is just gross.

H1T_That
08-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Sure, girls do like guys that are fat, especially if the guy is femmy. Why? Because they don't feel threatened by ol' tubbyguts as he knows that it's a strictly friends situation and his vagina wont allow him to hurt that by making a move.

Unless the girls are equal tubby amd/or have some sort of freaky fat fetish, which is just gross.

The Movie 'Just Friends' comes to mind.

ninthlayer
08-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Sounds too girly for me to watch.

H1T_That
08-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Sounds too girly for me to watch.

Its about some fat kid who fanices a girl, but she just sees him as a friend. He then gets skinny and she falls for him.

It had funny moments otherwise it was complete crap.

Jakebert
08-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Ninth is right. Girls love non-threatening guys, they just don't like to date them.

I was fat for about a year, at around 200 pounds, most of which wasn't muscle. But starting in July, I started dieting and excercising and now am at around 160. The thing that was bad about my being overweight, was that I wasn't fat all over. I just had a big stomach that made me look pregnant.

wheelchairman
08-18-2006, 07:45 AM
I was once told that Georgia had the best food in the world. Now I know why.

Tizzalicious
08-24-2006, 02:21 AM

Girls don't like guys who are super skinny either.

JoY
08-24-2006, 06:27 AM
JoY, the source of your calories doesn't really affect body composition that much. Genetics does. If your prone to store fat on your stomach, it's nature. If I over eat on big macs or oat meal it doesn't matter, my body will store fat wherever it does. However, what does influence things is your insulin levels. Insulin blunts fat oxidation, therefore if you eat vast amounts of simple carbs with no accompanying fats or protein source your insulin levels are sky high. Meaning your body doesn't burn the fat.
oh mister, you got yourself into some medical trouble now. *cracks knuckles*

genetics, yes, naturally. but how do you store fat? overeating on Big Macs was for instance a good example. you eat more than you need, you store it. fact. what gets stored HOW, though?

you can't control where you store subcutaneous fat the easiest. some people have a pear-shaped body, some have more of an apple-shaped body. you can control your intake of food & the kind of food you eat. complex carbs & fat with double bonds have transportation functions in your entire body. they regulate fat. overeating on them would make you fatter, yes. subcutaneous fat. (beneath the skin) it'd go everywhere & it'd only accentuate places where you genetically store more fat. fatty acids with double bonds have a lower meltingpoint, so they're the first you burn when doing physical activity.

when your level of fatty acids is unbalanced, your body is less able to regulate fat. when eating High Density Lipids [good, healthy fatty acids], your fat transportation & regulation will be fine. when you relatively eat less HDL & more Low Desity Lipids & Very Low Density Lipids [bad, unhealthy fatty acids] (your example works so well, because those are especially in McDonalds products) the fat regulation will get out of control & you'll store not only fat beneath the skin, but also fat beneath the wall of abdominal muscle; visceral fat. there's a cavity, the peritoneal cavity. fat can build up there when not sufficiently regulated.

that's why an apple-shaped figure is a sign of possibly unbalanced fatty acid levels, meaning increased LDL & VLDL levels & a decreased HDL level. THIS is severely damaging for your entire body, since high VLDL & LDL mostly damage the bloodvessels by sticking to the epithelia of those & decreasing the elasticity that way.

you'll have to agree with me by experience; if you eat a lot at McDonalds frequently, even the most pear-shaped person will create a fat belly, no matter what kind of figure that person genetically has.

about insulin:
insulin stimulates glucose to be absorbed by (muscle)cells from the bloodstream for energy. if the cells don't use this energy, it gets stored as glycogen. insulin also stimulates construction of proteins from amino acids. insulin inhibits release of glucagon & therefore the release of glucose from the stored version, glycogen.

every time you have a meal, your insulin levels go up to transport bloodsugars to the cells to prevent hyperglycemia (too high level of bloodsugars). the cells can either do something with it, or not. if you overeat without enough physical activity to burn it, insulin will be released, glucose will be transported from the bloodstream to the cells, your cells will store it as glycogen & the level of bloodsugars should be restored. physical activity, low bloodsugars & low insulin levels stimulate the release of glucagon for glycogenolysis, so glycogen will go back to it's original form - glucose - for enough energy.

if you overeat a lot, frequently, your body becomes more & more insensitive for insulin. the level of your bloodsugars will rise, untill you pee glucose & that's the very beginning of diabetes type II.

since insulin & glucagon also regulate fat, levels of insulin & glucagon are disrupted when the levels of fatty acids are out of balance. besides that point, VLDL, LDL & refined sugars also often go hand in hand. so an apple-shaped figure is a risk factor for diabetes type II.

Edit: aaaand I keep finding typos. grr.

Little_Miss_1565
08-24-2006, 07:31 AM
subcutaneous fat

Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but the use of the modifier "subcutaneous" makes me wonder if there is such a way to store fat OUTSIDE the skin.

0r4ng3
08-24-2006, 07:33 AM
It's possible. In, like, a bucket or something.

JoY
08-24-2006, 07:34 AM
*cracks up*

no, but you can store it in other places. you can't get an injection without it puncturing your skin first, too, right? still there's something like a subcutaneous injection.

Little_Miss_1565
08-24-2006, 07:37 AM
I guess the editor in me just gets weirded out by unneccesary modifiers. You know, like punx myspace.com/dtoxrockers

Amazed
08-24-2006, 08:59 AM

depends on how fat

Outerbands
08-24-2006, 12:10 PM
JoY, I have briefly read your response not in detail for lack of time. But the notion that what you eat determines if you store excess calories as adipose tissue or intra-organ fat is a new idea to me. Mainly for the reason that genetics is far more indicative of this. For example, the reason why west africans appear to have less body fat is that they are naturally store more intra organ fat than adipose tissue.

Still I defer to your superior knowledge until I can prove otherwise. But I am sure I can because the notion that overeating on bad calories versus good calories results in differing body composition is alien to me. It results in different health yes, but not looks.

Interesting debate!

coke_a_holic
08-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Girls don't like guys who are super skinny either.
:( :(

0r4ng3
08-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Lucky for me, I'm the skinniest that can still be considered "normal".

I WIN!

Ironically, I'm still a loser. Wierd.

Amazed
08-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Lucky for me, I'm the skinniest that can still be considered "normal".

I WIN!

Ironically, I'm still a loser. Wierd.

No, you lose.

:)

coke_a_holic
08-24-2006, 12:49 PM
You have a Family Guy quote in your signature and you still think you're one to judge who wins and loses?

Amazed
08-24-2006, 12:51 PM
You have a Family Guy quote in your signature and you still think you're one to judge who wins and loses?

What's wrong with Family Guy?

0r4ng3
08-24-2006, 12:53 PM
That signature more than makes up for that, and you know it!

Amazed
08-24-2006, 12:58 PM
That signature more than makes up for that, and you know it!

yeah, and besides, I was going to say something else but then I realised that it'd be a lot easier to say "you lose". there was a tiny little chance that I'd get my point across anyway. that was a really stupid thing to think... anyway, I'm tired and I don't know what I'm talking about.

Dude From Dudetown
08-24-2006, 02:10 PM
depends on how fat

150 at age 13. Girls wont like me. :(

Tizzalicious
08-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Diets are the way to go. Stop complaining.

JoY
08-25-2006, 04:33 AM
drink more water, eat healthier, eat less, eat smaller portions, eat slower.

ready, set, GO.

JoY
08-25-2006, 04:55 AM
JoY, I have briefly read your response not in detail for lack of time. But the notion that what you eat determines if you store excess calories as adipose tissue or intra-organ fat is a new idea to me. Mainly for the reason that genetics is far more indicative of this. For example, the reason why west africans appear to have less body fat is that they are naturally store more intra organ fat than adipose tissue.

Still I defer to your superior knowledge until I can prove otherwise. But I am sure I can because the notion that overeating on bad calories versus good calories results in differing body composition is alien to me. It results in different health yes, but not looks.

Interesting debate!
genetics play a large part in where you store subcutaneous fat the easiest. they also play an enormous part in where you build up muscle tissue the easiest & the kind of muscle tissue it consists of. genetics don't influence visceral fat, however. the rate at which you can grow visceral fat & the amount of it you can stock there, sure, but to grow visceral fat, you have to be piling fatlayers on top of fatlayers, untill it has no other way to go to. overal visceral fat is seen as the largest risk factor for heart diseases, diabetes mellitus & Cerebro Vascular Incidents. it's matter of fat regulation (HDL vs. LDL & VLDL) & fat piling up to the point it even piles up under the wall of abdominal muscle. saturated fat & refined sugars are two major causes of fat piling up & messing up fat regulation.

that's my post in short.

about everything a human can become is genetic. genetically seeing I can't become a runner like someone from Kenia & genetically seeing I don't have a pear-shaped figure. I'm certainly not apple-shaped either, though, because I don't let myself become that way. genetics you can't control, what genetic characteristics come to expression you somewhat can. genetically seeing I could probably be a fairly good sprinter. since I don't work on becoming one, I won't be one. see what I mean? so genetically I relatively seem to store more fat subcutaneously around the belly, but I try to eat healthy & with moderation, so I don't store so much there. if I would, I'd probably be more "vulnerable" to also grow visceral fat. that's why it's kind of unlucky if you're genetically apple-shaped, instead of being pear-shaped, like for instance my roommate. but I don't grow visceral fat, because I try to eat products that regulate fat without overeating on them.

I agree that geographically seeing people store fat at different places. this is not only genetically defined, but also cultural. the kind of food they take in has for instance a lot to do with the prevalence of heart & vascular diseases in different cultures. I could name examples, for instance the Turks, but I'd have to look up all the prevalences, which is something I don't particularly feel like.

Tigger Army
08-25-2006, 08:11 AM
drink more water, eat healthier, eat less, eat smaller portions, eat slower.

ready, set, GO.

you forgot the most important one:

MOVE!

JoY
08-25-2006, 09:21 AM
right. true. moving would be nice & healthy. *thumbs up* also gives the best & tightest results.

Little_Miss_1565
08-25-2006, 11:00 AM
I dunno, seems no matter how much I move I'm always a bit soft around the middle. Arg.

JoY
08-25-2006, 12:28 PM
me too! but that's because I drink too much. *grr@ze alcoholix*

Little_Miss_1565
08-25-2006, 01:09 PM
OHHHHHH. DRINKING. Doh. No wonder :(

Whiplash
08-25-2006, 01:17 PM
I used to have i sixpack, But then i opend my eyes and discoverd beer.
The sixpack is kinda still there but slowly and steadly its turning into a twelvepack, and i guess its gonne turn into a keg.

Patton
08-25-2006, 05:57 PM
"Morbidly obese." That's fucked up that you'd have to lose weight just to become obese.