PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hoppus speaks out about Tom DeLonge and other things!

AVA
08-14-2006, 08:31 PM
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=162965

It's quite a long read, just to warn you.

It proves Tom DeLonge is the biggest asshole in the history of music!

DeAtHsTaR
08-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Everyone already knows Tom's a dick....

JohnnyNemesis
08-14-2006, 08:34 PM

This implies that Blink 182 is music.

AVA
08-14-2006, 08:35 PM

In any music. He's a fucking asshole.

I was just proving once and for all he a fucking prick!

DeAtHsTaR
08-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Now, they weren't very talented by any means, but they made some enjoyable music. Yes, technically it is "music."

the toy maker
08-14-2006, 08:49 PM
yeah i was reading the ava booklet and it said his son"Rocket" encouraged him to start a new life (or something like that)

1.)who name's their kid "rocket"?
2.)your new life must suck because ava, is pop, pop = cock flavored

the toy maker
08-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Now, they weren't very talented by any means, but they made some enjoyable music. Yes, technically it is "music."
i agree, they were pretty bad as far as instruments go but yeah made enjoyable, catchy music that will be popular forever

JohnnyNemesis
08-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Lighten up kids, it was a joke.

pop = cock flavored

Ignorance.

Rag Doll
08-14-2006, 09:01 PM
pop = cock flavored

my love of pop music is all beginning to make sense...

JohnnyNemesis
08-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Haha! If that was an insult, it'd be a Level 10 ZING!!!

Ohh, I love you.

Apathy
08-15-2006, 10:03 AM

http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/comics/20050304.gif

I liked some Blink. Mostly just Dude Ranch actually. But I found this cartoon hilarious anyway.

Jakebert
08-15-2006, 11:34 AM

Weren't you the kid that freaked out on me and called me an asshole because I said that Tom is untalented?

Llamas
08-15-2006, 12:28 PM
I think he is... and his name is "AVA"... irony?

0r4ng3
08-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I think I recall he (or was it she?) changed their opinion of Tom entirely after hearing the Angels and Airwaves album.

AVA
08-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Weren't you the kid that freaked out on me and called me an asshole because I said that Tom is untalented?

Don't you remember - I admitted he was an asshole back like 4 months ago? I admitted I was wrong about Tom DeLonge. I never called you an asshole. Lol.

I also said I wanted to change my name, but I don't know how to do it.

AVA
08-15-2006, 04:56 PM
I think I recall he (or was it she?) changed their opinion of Tom entirely after hearing the Angels and Airwaves album.

Sorry, I missed your post.

Yes, that was me. :D

nameless
08-15-2006, 05:15 PM
its interesting to hear marks point of view! i cant wait to hear the album but i hope it doesnt turn into a slanging match and all the truth coming out about blink around the release of the album to kinda hype it up!

Llamas
08-15-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure what to think about the article... I don't think it's that professional of him or nice of him to go around bashing tom... he could be the bigger man in the situation. Plus, who knows Tom's side? I don't like tom from what I hear in the media, but I try not to jump to conclusions.

AVA
08-15-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure what to think about the article... I don't think it's that professional of him or nice of him to go around bashing tom... he could be the bigger man in the situation. Plus, who knows Tom's side? I don't like tom from what I hear in the media, but I try not to jump to conclusions.

Mark was being honest about Tom. Where was the bashing? How can Tom ask his manager to quit the band for him? He was supposed to be best friends with Mark and Travis, he could have had the guts to say to their face, rather than ask their manager to do it for him. Also, Tom used Blink's demos for his new band. He also plays Down at his show, but didn't he quit the band that made that song? He's a fucking coward! I hope Angels and Airwaves fail, which they're already are after Mark's interview. He's losing fans, fast.

We've already heard Tom's side, in Kerrang! and MTV last year. Back in September/October of last year I believe. He was basically trying to make Mark and Travis look like assholes by saying the stuff he in them articles. I believe Mark way before Tom, because Tom's gone crazy with his bullshit crap, saying "Angels and Airwaves will change rock" and "the best music in decades." Tom's a liar - it's been proven. He tries to cover it up by saying "he's joking," but he says that "joke" about a million times, in every article he does for Angels and Airwaves. Here's the MTV article from last year:

http://www.mtv.com/bands/b/blink_182/qa_feature_103105/

Tom can't get out of this one - he's a fucking contradicting prick!

Oh, we should have a new interview soon - Tom's decided to do one, with a website called www.tomsangels.com - that site is shit. It's hated by most people. What they have done is "forwarded" the questions to "Tom," and he'll e-mail them back. I think this interview from Tom's Angels will be bullshit, because I think they'll make it up and use one of this moderators to write a bullshit interview just to make Tom look good.

Jakebert
08-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Don't you remember - I admitted he was an asshole back like 4 months ago? I admitted I was wrong about Tom DeLonge. I never called you an asshole. Lol.

I also said I wanted to change my name, but I don't know how to do it.

But see, my whole point in that was that you kept saying that I had no right to say what I did because what he does takes hard work, not because of my opinion on the music. Then, you turn around and agree with me. It was incredibly stupid and hypocritical, therefore, you're an idiot.

mrconeman
08-15-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm not just creating another band, I'm trying to create the world's greatest rock band.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I knew that Angels was going to be the biggest band in the world.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Everyone I talk to says stuff like "Music sucks today," and I'm going to try and change all that.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That was fucking awesome.

Llamas
08-15-2006, 07:13 PM
I almost respect the Tom article more than the Mark article. Tom didn't talk negatively about Mark or Travis. My conclusion is that I don't care what I read, I have no need to form an opinion on famous people. I can't stand Tom's voice, and AVA is boring... so I don't care what I think about him as a person... if I like Plus 44, then so be it. I don't know these guys, and no interview is ever going to show me who they really are...

AVA
08-15-2006, 07:28 PM
But see, my whole point in that was that you kept saying that I had no right to say what I did because what he does takes hard work, not because of my opinion on the music. Then, you turn around and agree with me. It was incredibly stupid and hypocritical, therefore, you're an idiot.

You already said all that stuff to me in the other thread. Lol.

People can be wrong you know. Oh well, let's move on from it.

BREAK
08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
He was the smart one, no one wants to tour around the world singing fucking "First Date" when they're 40.

The members of the Beatles were much, much worse to each other.

Apathy
08-16-2006, 10:53 AM
because I think they'll make it up and use one of this moderators to write a bullshit interview just to make Tom look good.

How do you know the mark interview is not a fake? For god's sake, its from b182.com

That's not Blinks official site, not Plus44's offical site, it's just some random fan site.
I was a fan of Dude Ranch, but They're both evil. Tom's a dick, and Mark is the reason we have to put up with Motion City Soundtrack.

Andy
08-16-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm still yet to believe that Delonge is being completely serious when he waxes lyrical about how world-changing Angels and Airwaves are. It's just too assholey* to be serious.

*Yes, assholey.

0r4ng3
08-16-2006, 11:09 AM
He was the smart one, no one wants to tour around the world singing fucking "First Date" when they're 40.
No one should sing "The Adventure" at any age.

Llamas
08-16-2006, 11:11 AM
every time I try to listen to AVA, I like the music and then Tom starts singing... and I get totally annoyed. And he doesn't do anything original ever, so the album feels like the same song the entire time. It's really just crap.

DeAtHsTaR
08-16-2006, 11:17 AM
How do you know the mark interview is not a fake? For god's sake, its from b182.com

That's not Blinks official site, not Plus44's offical site, it's just some random fan site.
I was a fan of Dude Ranch, but They're both evil. Tom's a dick, and Mark is the reason we have to put up with Motion City Soundtrack.
Technically, Breet Gurewitz is the reason, since he signed them to Epitaph. Also, the band's first hit, The Future Freaks Me Out, wasn't produced by Hoppus.

</wikipedia>

Jakebert
08-16-2006, 11:36 AM
I almost respect the Tom article more than the Mark article. Tom didn't talk negatively about Mark or Travis. My conclusion is that I don't care what I read, I have no need to form an opinion on famous people. I can't stand Tom's voice, and AVA is boring... so I don't care what I think about him as a person... if I like Plus 44, then so be it. I don't know these guys, and no interview is ever going to show me who they really are...

I respect Mark's a lot more because it's honest and not cowardly at all like Tom's. Tom's has all of these little passive agressive jabs instead of just saying it, which is a total pussy move.

I feel like I'm in 8th grade again because of this post.

AVA
08-16-2006, 02:03 PM

Because Mark has B182.com in his MySpace top 8. He likes that site.

He also had an interview with AbsolutePunk.net, so it wasn't just B182.com Mark talked to.

The interview is real!

RickyCrack
08-16-2006, 02:41 PM
You're missing the point. Phil Anselmo, why did you leave Pantera?!!!!!!!!! You're an assbag. You killed Dimebag! You asshole! I'll never listen to superjoint again. :mad: :mad: :mad:

DeAtHsTaR
08-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Phil Anselmo is a tool. Did anyone see that performance of him singing "Would?" with Alice in Cahins? Horrible.

FrancoDaHui
08-16-2006, 06:49 PM
im sure that plus 44 will be bigger and better than AVA

mark sings better than tom and travis is a great drummer, it's hard to say, but there's their talent

Llamas
08-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Mark is a much better singer than Tom. And Mark's not that great... Tom just majorly sucks.

ninthlayer
08-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Poorly edited.

Apathy
08-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Technically, Breet Gurewitz is the reason, since he signed them to Epitaph. Also, the band's first hit, The Future Freaks Me Out, wasn't produced by Hoppus.

</wikipedia>

Hoppus was who 'discovered' them was he not?

Tis what I heard anyway.
I'm sick of hearing about Mark and Tom's shit.