PDA

View Full Version : BBS layouts

no_way
08-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Hello everybody, I want to tell you about something I've noticed for some time, now I'll be able to tell you. This was the first BBS I ever came to, and I don't know if I got to used to it, but now I see other ones, and I don't know, maybe it is just me but the fonts are small, sometimes the background colour is unstandably light and shinny, and sometimes it's hard to distinguish the QUOTE and EDIT buttons, and it's hard to tell where each post is divided. I happen to find the layout of this BBS incredibly confortable, and when I'm in others I don't feel the same. Do you think the same as me? Do you know any other BBS with this layout? Thanks!

SkunkIt
08-14-2006, 09:56 PM
You're right, this was the first bbs I signed up for, too. The other ones are different and I had trouble with them for a while and yes, I've seen a few boards like this one. VBulletin (http://www.vbulletin.com/) made this one, but I've seen other forums not made by them that are kind of like this one. This is an organized easier access board, so that's why you have to get used to other boards if you're new to them.

no_way
08-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Well this should be turned into a vBulletin appreciation thread really, ha. I'll have to get used to it, in fact I am in the middle of that, but it's honestly annoying, you just don't know when does a post end and another one begins! But yeah, they're all that way. vBulletin ftw!

SkunkIt
08-14-2006, 10:11 PM
The other boards can be annoying and a little frustrating at first, but once you get the hang of them, they're not so bad. In fact, they can be pretty cool.

platinumpt
08-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Coincidentally, this is also the 1st BBS I've ever signed up to. Meanwhile I've signed up for a few more, and I find this layout quite confortable, when compared to others. However, I would appreciate if this BBS had a few more smileys.

By the way, I think this belongs to offspring.com talk, no?

Jakebert
08-15-2006, 10:46 AM
This is about the 4th board I've signed up for. I like the layout a lot because it is fairly unique instead of just being a generic white and blue message board.

.:SMASH:.
08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
this is the first bbs i signed for aswell but i find it so much easier to use than the rest of them... :confused:

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-15-2006, 05:05 PM
I've been on many forums, improving my posts on each one. I remember starting out on message boards for television channels, and next a whole load of bands' forums. This one is easily the best; it is fast, simple, different, and organized.

Besides this BBS, I currently go to the Billy Talent one, which is pretty much the worst layout I've ever seen and is very slow, especially for being so boring. Also, about 90% of posters on the board are just like new GOD posters. I also currently go to the LazyFrog.com Song forums, which are organized and quick, but works and looks like any other forum.

An example of a BBS from other bands I used to visit are American Hi-Fi, which sucked only because you were always the only person online, and you'd have to wait a day for a reply post.

0r4ng3
08-15-2006, 07:09 PM
In the other two forums I've seen (both of webcomics), people don't type as bad as some people here. For a while, I believed it was only this forum that attracted the illiterate.

Corpse
08-16-2006, 02:49 AM
In the other two forums I've seen (both of webcomics), people don't type as bad as some people here. For a while, I believed it was only this forum that attracted the illiterate.

Lol. Some forums actually have an option of placing a spell checker, so before they can post, it shows the errors in there post and they can choose if they want to make them or not. If they don't make any changes, they get warnings.

H1T_That
08-16-2006, 01:46 PM
It sounds to me like everyone thinks this is the best BBs evar!

Mannen som blev en gris
08-16-2006, 02:17 PM
This is my favourite BBS layout as well. I go to two other forums, and I don't really like the design of either of them. One is too dark, the fonts are too small, you don't get enough options (posts per page etc) and they have too many sections/forums (actually, the whole site is pretty bad, design-wise). But one thing that's good is that you can see what gender a person is.
The other one is better, but you don't get to put enough info in your profile, so you have no idea how old people are and stuff like that. And both have a very bad/don't have a search function in the Members List.

One thing that I don't like about this one though, is that the size doesn't adjust to your resolution, so there's a lot of red on the sides...

Llamas
08-16-2006, 02:30 PM
I honestly don't care enough.

Yatesy
08-16-2006, 02:55 PM
This is probably the 2nd BBS I joined, much better than the one I visit regularly though. The other one I go to is crap due to a bad lay-out and plain simple lack of posters. This one is easy to use and is quite a good layout.