PDA

View Full Version : A few observations

Paint_It_Black
08-21-2006, 02:40 AM
I think Pathfinder/Whiplash has suffered enough and vote to give the guy a break until he fucks up again.

All of the "no_way is annoying" remarks are starting to get annoying.

Dain seems to have found some form of acceptance here finally. It's amazing what persistence can do.

Is it just me, or are the majority of our Australian members worse than the majority of our British members these days?

Nobody seems to hate HAU anymore.

Anyone who posts in Photo Album more than any other thread needs to fucking stop. I don't give a shit what people with no identifiable personality look like. Unless they're hot.

Putting "sp?" or anything similar after an obvious spelling mistake does not make it any better. It actually makes it worse, because you know you're fucking it up but are obviously too lazy to learn.

Feel free to add your own observations unless you're reasonably certain that I think you're worthless. Do not ask me if you're worthless.

the_GoDdEsS
08-21-2006, 02:50 AM
If the pathfinder/Whiplash affair is true (which it most likely is), it was rather funny.

I don't give too much damn about people like Dain or no_way any more. They are kids and too young. Of course they are annoying and maybe they even need to be told to get better but it's like telling off a naughty child. It'll be full of spite and strike back. Useless. They'll get over themselves with the time. Eventually.

As for the sp? abbreviation, I have not seen it on this forum too much but I wouldn't consider it to be such a negative thing. Sure it displays your insecurity in spelling but I'd gladly forgive it especially when it's the non-natives because they do not know of sites where they can look up the correct spelling.

Sin Studly
08-21-2006, 03:28 AM
Is it just me, or are the majority of our Australian members worse than the majority of our British members these days?

They're definitely getting worse, but they're not going to overtake until the_offsprings_monkey stops posting completely. But to be fair, the majority of our British members are white.

Idiot
08-21-2006, 03:40 AM
I wouldn't say the "sp?" abbreviation is a bad thing at all - yes it proves that they don't know how to spell it, and perhaps a little too lazy to learn, but at the end of the day this is a forum and not an english paper.
And at least when users add the "sp?" it indicates that they are aware that their spelling may not be perfect.

Nina
08-21-2006, 04:02 AM

Putting "sp?" or anything similar after an obvious spelling mistake does not make it any better. It actually makes it worse, because you know you're fucking it up but are obviously too lazy to learn.

nope, nothing can top the annoying-ness of no_way.

I think HAU is actually *gasp* funny.

I am definitely not lazy, but I use that "sp" sometimes. Everyone I chat with knows that I am quick at typing, and if I was to look up words all the time everyone would constantly ask me where I am. I think it's understandable that people from non-English speaking countries use "sp".

Andy
08-21-2006, 05:20 AM
With Dain, isn't it more the case that people have got bored with shouting at him? Also, he isn't really posting in GC that often, right?

I'm pretty agreed with the rest though, especially the Photo Album one.

wheelchairman
08-21-2006, 06:33 AM
I think most of the people thought HAU was acceptable before. But few people were willing to admit it until Justin started approving of HAU. There were of course a few who said HAU wasn't as bad as before though, and these people are obviously those who don't feel compelled to submit to the opinions of the majority. But I give Lolz 2 Justin because it's hilarious.

I think everybody is still wary of Dain, but most just don't care. Nothing's been produced to copy anyways.

The photo album just depresses me. I'm no Fabio, but I at least try and make the pictures I post to be entertaining in some manner. It's a form of respect.

Conversation:
Per: "It's true though, I mean if I was Camila, I would at least make a funny face or something. Instead of those boring photos."
Tizz: "I think she does have a funny face though."

Tizz is hilarious, and benefits from my influence in every manner.

Sin Studly
08-21-2006, 06:55 AM
It is the absolute right of Justin to supervise the formation of public opinion.

killer_queen
08-21-2006, 07:02 AM
no_way is annoying but it's impossible to communicate with her. Ignoring is the best thing to do. Sometimes I feel really sorry for her, what she's trying to get is just acceptance. But sometimes I just want to find her adress and strangle her.

Dain is accepted? I have no idea. I never read his posts so I don't read the replies either. But I hope you're wrong.

I've never hated HAU and never got why some certain people hate him. I could totally understand people who are stalked by him but the rest... they were just tryhards.

Some people love fishing for compliments and only their appearance can help it. I don't care, really.

By the way, about photo album there has been some thing always bothered me. When someone new, (the best example I can remember right now is that girl with thick eye brows) who is not confident about her appearance, decides to post a picture she generally says "oh noez, fug is all over my face". And after she get good comments she suddenly increase her posts in photo album. In a couple of months she just starts to post only her pictures. This is just sad.

About "sp?"... Well, fuck you. Dictionaries don't always help. If I'm putting "sp?" or "(?)" it means I want your help about its spelling. Is it that hard for you to correct it?

Andy
08-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Big eyebrows and fug? Twinkle?

killer_queen
08-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Yes, Twinkle! She wasn't fug, though. But she wasn't uber cute like people said either.

HornyPope
08-21-2006, 07:27 AM
I never liked it when the in-kids gather to discuss what they don't like about the rest of the board.

Preocupado
08-21-2006, 07:41 AM
^I love this kind of poking http://www.offspring.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

HornyPope
08-21-2006, 07:48 AM
To each his own. I like this poking quite a bit.

http://i7.tinypic.com/257duo6.gif

0r4ng3
08-21-2006, 07:49 AM
That is one odd sunset.

Preocupado
08-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Lmao

Nina
08-21-2006, 09:02 AM
I think most of the people thought HAU was acceptable before. But few people were willing to admit it until Justin started approving of HAU. There were of course a few who said HAU wasn't as bad as before though, and these people are obviously those who don't feel compelled to submit to the opinions of the majority. But I give Lolz 2 Justin because it's hilarious.

I dunno if I agree. Especially in this case a lot of people approved of him before Justin said a word. that's at least my observation (and personal experience :P ).

XYlophonetreeZ
08-21-2006, 09:31 AM
I think Pathfinder/Whiplash has suffered enough and vote to give the guy a break until he fucks up again.I disagree.

All of the "no_way is annoying" remarks are starting to get annoying.I agree.

Dain seems to have found some form of acceptance here finally. It's amazing what persistence can do.http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25439

Is it just me, or are the majority of our Australian members worse than the majority of our British members these days?I don't really pay attention to that stuff.

Nobody seems to hate HAU anymore.With good reason; he's pretty cool now.

Anyone who posts in Photo Album more than any other thread needs to fucking stop. I don't give a shit what people with no identifiable personality look like. Unless they're hot.Very, very true.

Putting "sp?" or anything similar after an obvious spelling mistake does not make it any better. It actually makes it worse, because you know you're fucking it up but are obviously too lazy to learn.Just because they know they're spelling it wrong doesn't mean they know how to spell it right. I think "sp" proves they do want to learn-- they expect someone else to correct them. Besides, I really don't see it that much on this board.

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 09:50 AM
I can change it back very easily.

It's really funny what I can do with BBS but it's amazing what Justin can do. Huge authority.

JohnnyNemesis
08-21-2006, 10:16 AM

It's been about two days. Also: too bad.

Dain seems to have found some form of acceptance here finally.

I don't know where this came from, but I don't think it's true across the board.

I think most of the people thought HAU was acceptable before. But few people were willing to admit it until Justin started approving of HAU.

Wrong. Few were willing to admit it while he was still spamming with Trippy; it wasn't until he stopped that people started to accept his ridiculousness as quite funny.

sKratch
08-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah I think Per attributed far too much credit to Justin for the acceptedness of HAU. I don't think he really had anything to do with it.

Preocupado
08-21-2006, 10:49 AM

Australia have been going through severe problems lately. They have a dead dog that looks like Satan.

Little_Miss_1565
08-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Dain seems to have found some form of acceptance here finally. It's amazing what persistence can do.

Wrong and wrong.

T-6005
08-21-2006, 10:57 AM
I disagree with Richard where Dain is concerned.

Tired_Of_You
08-21-2006, 11:14 AM
I still don't like HAU and Dain although Dain is not as stupid as he used to be.

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Wrong and wrong.
You? feminist? are trying to say that you hate me?

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 11:22 AM
I still don't like HAU and Dain although Dain is not as stupid as he used to be.
I love you baby! You are a bit fat but that doesn't matter.

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Valerie, I truly love you! <3

Little_Miss_1565
08-21-2006, 11:35 AM
You? feminist? are trying to say that you hate me?

The fact that I don't like you has nothing to do with me being a feminist. And I dislike you even more for even going there.

Sin Studly
08-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah I think Per attributed far too much credit to Justin for the acceptedness of HAU. I don't think he really had anything to do with it.

I actually accepted HAU pretty late, compared to the others. But hell, am I gonna deny a thrilling tale of my own omnipotence? Hardly.

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 11:49 AM
The fact that I don't like you has nothing to do with me being a feminist. And I dislike you even more for even going there.
noooooooo shit. O rly?

but I love you, what's your real name?

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I actually accepted HAU pretty late.
Shame on you!!!!111111

Sin Studly
08-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Prepacte. :(

Llamas
08-21-2006, 11:53 AM
I think Pathfinder/Whiplash has suffered enough and vote to give the guy a break until he fucks up again.

I apparently didn't pay any attention to pathfinder.

True.

I barely know who Dain is... I had to look him up, haha. But then I realized he's annoying, and I don't see people liking him too much...

I disliked HAU because he was a complete asshole to me for the first couple months I was here... with no reason whatsoever. Then out of nowhere he was nice to me. So I still don't care for him because it just seems stupid.

Anyone who posts in Photo Album more than any other thread needs to fucking stop. I don't give a shit what people with no identifiable personality look like. Unless they're hot.

haha people do that? why would you register at the offspring board to post pictures in a thread?

I don't think it's lazy... if you correct them, they're learning ;)

Izie
08-21-2006, 11:56 AM
What is up with all this HAU talk? No offence, if you like him, that's great. If you don't like him, that's great too. Why all the fuss? Sure he was more of an idiot/less funny before and now it's the other way around, but it can go back just as easily.

I don't know who Pathfinder/Whiplash are, I don't read Dain's posts, and no_way... Nah, her either. I know it's a she, enough from me.

I have slightly more rigid Photo Album standards, but that's irrelevant. Like with everything else, I keep the policy of not reading (I just skim through) posts made by people I don't care about. Unless they manage to make a post interesting enough and change my mind.

I agree with the sp? thing, but what I've always hated more is the "yeah I know I'm an idiot" thing. Admitting you're an idiot doesn't make you any less of an idiot, idiot.

And I got no new observations, I don't pay too much attention :/

PS: Sunset in 4 days. Lolz!

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Prepacte. :(
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/Mix/crying_baby2.jpg

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 12:02 PM
What is up with all this HAU talk? Why all the fuss?
Because I want fuss. So here is the fuss. :D

JoY
08-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Just because they know they're spelling it wrong doesn't mean they know how to spell it right. I think "sp" proves they do want to learn-- they expect someone else to correct them. Besides, I really don't see it that much on this board.fully agreed.

HAU has said a few things that almost literally forced me to change my opinion of him. I'm not sure what I think of him now yet, but I enjoy his funny ways. I haven't noticed if Justin did, or did not accept HAU, or Justin's contribution to HAU's acceptance. besides all of this, he thinks I'm mentally awesome. so though physically I might be a total carwreck (no reaction necessary), that still counts for something. ;p

I fully agree on the pathfinder-issue. he does deserve a break. it's fine to tell him he's wrong, or that you don't agree (in both cases a short explanation would be nice), whatever, but does that always, at all times have to be done with so much ridicule? I dunno. I'm not only starting to find it unfair, but pretty lame aswell. he's just a guy - even though maybe he isn't very bright - you can speak to him in a normal tone. it can be done, y'know.

last, but not least; am I worthless?

wheelchairman
08-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Meh I haven't been on the bbs in two weeks, so I could be incorrect. All I remember is that only a handful of people bothered to admit that they liked him, and a lot of people openly hated him. Then suddenly all that open hatred disappeared. Who knows, perhaps it was Justin and Sim fervently hating enough for a small group of people.

And the sp? thing is something I find to be polite.

Sin Studly
08-21-2006, 12:30 PM
After pathfinder's reaction to the non-stop ridicule, I fully support the notion of continuining it without mercy in the hopes he hits the big S.

JohnnyNemesis
08-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Srsly, if anything, Justin was the LAST person on the HAU acceptance bandwagon.

Preocupado
08-21-2006, 12:53 PM
I still think "mutant" suits him well. Nothing to do with his picture, but because of his constant adapting. A Darwin winner.

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 12:55 PM
"acceptance".......hmmmm....such a cold word.
Dude, I'm loved!!!!11

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 12:59 PM
I still think "mutant" suits him well. Nothing to do with his picture, but because of his constant adapting. A Darwin winner.
Dude, let me shine a torch on you!

Deleted:
kleine_suenden024.jpg (Simona being hot!)

I guess you are right, brazilian guy!

Preocupado
08-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Yes, i am.

no_way
08-21-2006, 02:38 PM
I have nothing to say about the first observations, but my personal one is that HeadaroundU should be taught to make multiple quoting. That's pretty much it so far. And the "no_way is annoying thing", is the same that happened with offspringer24's band, just an amusing code that will go away with time.

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 02:42 PM
I can honey, I can.

Paint_It_Black
08-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Big eyebrows and fug? Twinkle?

I love you.

Srsly, if anything, Justin was the LAST person on the HAU acceptance bandwagon.

Yeah, right after I openly said something about not minding HAU anymore. Lolz Justin follows me.

Tizz is hilarious, and benefits from my influence in every manner.

I have noticed this.

Everyone I chat with knows that I am quick at typing, and if I was to look up words all the time everyone would constantly ask me where I am. I think it's understandable that people from non-English speaking countries use "sp".

It sounds like you're talking about IM. I was only referring to message boards. And yes, I should have said that I don't mind it from individuals for whom english is not their first language.

Well, fuck you.

Time and place?

I never liked it when the in-kids gather to discuss what they don't like about the rest of the board.

Lucky that's not what this is then. My observations were at least equally as positive as negative.

I disagree with Richard where Dain is concerned.

I haven't seen any real hate directed at him for a while now. Perhaps people have just got bored with it. Even so, that is still a form of acceptance. People have realized he's not leaving and they can't be bothered to harass him anymore.

I agree with the sp? thing

Glad someone did.

All About Eve
08-21-2006, 07:10 PM

Feel free to add your own observations unless you're reasonably certain that I think you're worthless. Do not ask me if you're worthless.
Agree; disagree; don't have a clue; I generally have liked him since I joined (except for a few cases); I don't even read Photo Album anymore for primarily that reason; I think it's better than being seemingly oblivious.

last, but not least; am I worthless?
Completely.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Is anyone else annoyed from the excuses of some members for horrible threads and stupid posts are because they were bored?

0r4ng3
08-21-2006, 09:19 PM
I hear "drunk" a lot more, and that one is just as annoying. I refer to it as "ye olde coppe oute", then I explain that I added the extra "e"s because I was drunk.

HornyPope
08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Lucky that's not what this is then. My observations were at least equally as positive as negative.

It's not the observations, it's how it breeds the ground to trade jabs at people in front of an audience.

It's not that i'm against it--I think people deserve to be made fun--but the circle jerk of everyone turns me off.

Mota Boy
08-22-2006, 12:53 AM

Personally, I either am ignoring or don't know everyone on this list.

Paint_It_Black
08-22-2006, 07:03 AM
It's not the observations, it's how it breeds the ground to trade jabs at people in front of an audience.

It's not that i'm against it--I think people deserve to be made fun--but the circle jerk of everyone turns me off.

Yeah true, I get what you're saying. But I think this one turned out well. I really just felt like sharing a few random thoughts and seeing who agreed, and although that always has the potential to evolve into something ugly it doesn't absolutely have to.

Whiplash
08-23-2006, 09:11 AM
After pathfinder's reaction to the non-stop ridicule, I fully support the notion of continuining it without mercy in the hopes he hits the big S.

The big S????? :confused:

EDIT: oooooo suicide.

Sin Studly
08-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Quit trying to insinuate you're Australian.

a) We already know you're Dutch.

b) We already know you're pathfinder.

c) Real Aussies know how to spell 'Aussie'

d) Real Aussies aren't dumb enough to publicly spread links of Ronnie Johns pretending to be Mark Brandon 'Chopper' Read because we're afraid the real Mark Brandon 'I murdered eighteen people and only ever got charged for one' Read will find out and cut our fucking ears off, because Mark Brandon 'I robbed the biggest heroin dealing mafioso in Australia, then burned down his house and tried to shotgun his mother, and sent him a Christmas card every year after that' Read is a fucking insane psychopathic freak.

e) Despite being a patriotic Nazi, Sin Studly hates the vast majority of Australians, and won't accept you just for being one of his countrymen.

edit ; And look at who you're dealing with. I'm posting clips of his movie, because he's not as terrifying in the movie as he is in videos of the real thing.

Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeXy8BnhhxQ)

German Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VN5Ik5EI4s)

Chopper makes friends with Keith Feorre, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpbIB_69698&mode=related&search=) leader of the Trade Union of Painters and Dockers, the most feared organised crime group in Australia at the time.

Choper gets cosmetic surgery (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqkaYPwMOo)

Chopper gets his guts stabbed out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31134hisCak&mode=related&search=) ; the movie actually toned down the stabbing because the producers didn't believe the stab to the back of the neck and the slitting open and pulling out of his intestines would be believable, considering he survived and recovered within weeks.

Andy
08-23-2006, 10:00 AM
And again, Justin wins.

Sin Studly
08-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm gonna go for the double-win and really show why we don't make fun of Mark Brandon 'Never use a blowtorch to torture somebody because it stinks out the entire place like burnt pork' Read.

Violence against women commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJTYBLhWMo&NR)

Drink driving commerical (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpQeZEmien4)

Oh, and Chopper is a millionaire now. He can afford plane tickets to Holland.

H1T_That
08-23-2006, 04:27 PM
I've recently noticed that 0r4ng3 rarely posts his opinions outside of music/game related threads.

Paint_It_Black
08-23-2006, 04:29 PM

I don't think he was. I think he just can't type.

I've recently noticed that 0r4ng3 rarely posts his opinions outside of music/game related threads.

Hmm, yeah I think you're right.

H1T_That
08-23-2006, 04:32 PM
I don't think he was. I think he just can't type.

Hmm, yeah I think you're right.

I'd like to add, i'm not saying this implying i think he's a pussy coasting by telling jokes and what not. I'm saying i'd like him to post more opinionated stuff on more serious topics. It would be interesting to see his views.

Paint_It_Black
08-23-2006, 04:41 PM
i'm not saying this implying i think he's a pussy coasting by telling jokes and what not.

It didn't sound like you were implying that...until you said that.

wheelchairman
08-23-2006, 04:41 PM
The smartest thing a man can do is know how much he doesn't know. If he chooses not to talk about something that's his personal choice. In my life it might've been smarter to do that a few times.

Nina
08-23-2006, 04:46 PM
In my life it might've been smarter to do that a few times.

I absolutely second this.

H1T_That
08-23-2006, 04:46 PM
It didn't sound like you were implying that...until you said that.

I guees an edit now would be useless. But seriously i don't think he's a pussy or anything.

WCM - Thats an extremly good point. I have no idea what his knowledge limits are, and proably shouldn't push his boudaries demanding more 'serious' posts.

Paint_It_Black
08-23-2006, 04:53 PM
But seriously i don't think he's a pussy or anything.

Ok, enough sarcasm. We all get the point that you think he's a complete pussy.

I have no idea what his knowledge limits are, and proably shouldn't push his boudaries demanding more 'serious' posts.

Oh, so you think he's an idiot aswell as a pussy?

H1T_That
08-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Ok, enough sarcasm. We all get the point that you think he's a complete pussy.

Oh, so you think he's an idiot aswell as a pussy?

Okay, i'll come clean, i think he's a pussy-fag idiot.

Sarcasm aside.....he should die for his idiotic pussiness. SRSLY.

wheelchairman
08-23-2006, 06:00 PM
I'll be honest. I find it disappointing that a person so articulate can only insult, curse and respond to things in such a detached manner. It alienates him, and more or less confirms the prejudice that I had of him from earlier, that he doesn't ever add anything productive or worth reading.

That is harsh, but I would say it's a form of disappointment. He has the potential to add more in my opinion.

0r4ng3
08-23-2006, 06:41 PM
I don't post my opinions because I don't HAVE opinions. Like, duh.

But seriously, I don't post in "serious" topics because what I think has usually already been said. Or, I just know it will sound stupid later, which it always does, judging from past non-BBS experiences.

Apathy
08-23-2006, 06:53 PM

He's not. He already admitted to everything - here (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=874197&postcount=31)

HeadAroundU
08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
More 0r4ng3 less H1T_That members.

0r4ng3
08-23-2006, 07:01 PM
More 0r4ng3 less H1T_That members.
I, as an unbiased party, fully agree.

Because, you know...I'm unbiased.

HeadAroundU
08-23-2006, 07:08 PM
I fully agree with you being unbiased.

Jebus
08-23-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't post my opinions because I don't HAVE opinions. Like, duh.

But seriously, I don't post in "serious" topics because what I think has usually already been said. Or, I just know it will sound stupid later, which it always does, judging from past non-BBS experiences.
I agree with Vera. It's Mota Boy's fault.

Dear Mota Boy,

Stop being so fucking agreeable all the time. You are the official person to generally agree with, and you put every (correct) opinion and fact in your posts in such a neat, logical, articulate way that it sometimes makes my posting the same thing (though in a less articulate way, with loads of 'sort of's and 'or something's and 'anyway's) seem rather redundant.

One of these days I will just type up "What Mota said." and start copy pasting it onto the Message window. :(

Whiplash
08-24-2006, 02:15 AM
I'm gonna go for the double-win and really show why we don't make fun of Mark Brandon 'Never use a blowtorch to torture somebody because it stinks out the entire place like burnt pork' Read.

Violence against women commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJTYBLhWMo&NR)

Drink driving commerical (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpQeZEmien4)

Oh, and Chopper is a millionaire now. He can afford plane tickets to Holland.

I didnt even know who chopper was.
I thaught the guy in the clip was chopper :confused: .

Whiplash
08-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Paint it black and you other guys: Where you talking about me? (a few pages ago)