PDA

View Full Version : Da Pantz - The Secret Agent

JohnnyNemesis
08-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Hehe, well, I've gone from a one song per 7 month average to two songs in two nights!

This one is...well, I'm not even sure if I like it yet, because the pieces kind of feel like they don't go together, but at the same time, it still sounds sweet and groovalicious to me.

It's also a bit different from some of what I've done.

The volume levels for each track are a bit fucked up, but I'll work on that for each song when the "album" is complete.

Anyway, LISTEN:

Always Time for Love (http://macidol.com/jamroom/download.php?band_id=4647&song_id=15781&mode=song_hifi)

HeadAroundU
08-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Not as good as previous one. Easy to listen which is not a bad thing. You are right, pieces don't go together. You can make 3 other songs from it.

I like the drums half-way through the song and this mysterious music right after. This helicon or whatever it is which always appears out of nowhere is funny.

JohnnyNemesis
08-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Not as good as previous one. Easy to listen which is not a bad thing. You are right, pieces don't go together. You can make 3 other songs from it.

Yeah, I took a few ideas I had from different songs and kind of threw them together. I'm kind of thinking of splitting it up into three parts and using them as "Interludes" throughout the album.

I like the drums half-way through the song and this mysterious music right after. This helicon or whatever it is which always appears out of nowhere is funny.

Thanks! I think it sounds a little funny too, but I just got so addicted to it.

barangatang
08-22-2006, 10:32 PM
The that synth riff at the start is like ear candy. It just like feels good to listen to. I love it

To be brutally honest, I usually don't enjoy your works, (or, for that matter, that kind of music in general, so who am I to judge?) but this one was pretty good. The first part totally did it for me.

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm glad you like this one, barangatang! I'm big on synths, and use them quite often.

I have a new song available for download here:

The Getaway (http://macidol.com/jamroom/download.php?band_id=4647&song_id=15797&mode=song_hifi)

This song is WAY faster than anything I've ever done, and has some interesting elements. Thumping synths, fast guitars, heavy bass, good shit.

Listen!

barangatang
08-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Good job on the getaway. I was surprised at how well the guitars went behind all those techno patterns. The mini bass solos were nice too, although you should've lengthened them out another measure. I'd say this is my second fav. out of "late night hideout", "Our missing fox grey fox" and "always time for love"

JohnnyNemesis
08-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Wait, was "Our Missing Grey Fox" the first one you heard from me? If so, no wonder you don't like my works! "Our Missing Grey Fox" was really fun to make and I thought it was cool that I reached my goal of making a rescue mission with fucked up radio signals in the song, but generally, it's my weakest song, I think. I never really listen to it. My best stuff came before then, I think.

Anyway, I'm glad you like "The Getaway"! ruroken told me that it sounded kind of random and not quite cohesive (so it's not the best song collage), but he still enjoyed it. I think I agree with him!

Thanks for the comments, barangatang; I really appreciate them.

JohnnyNemesis
08-26-2006, 03:05 AM
Two new tracks and a whole album up for D/L?

Very yes:

Da Pantz - The Secret Agent (http://savefile.com/projects/1001094)

The two new tracks:

Nightlife (http://savefile.com/files/7651)
In Tense Silence (http://savefile.com/files/7731)

ruroken
11-02-2007, 11:43 AM
bump for more

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-27-2008, 07:26 PM
^ What he said. I want more.

--
Yes, I've started to listen to Da Pantz again. And I'll be listening to a lot.

And you know when I said I really wanted to rap to "Our Missing Grey Fox"? Well, now I'm actually going to go through with that, and actually write raps for each song on The Secret Agent.

I write raps a lot for school projects and some for fun, most of them as a joke. And they're actually pretty good. But I'll probably take most of these seriously. Now I just need to find a way to record these in the meantime.

JohnnyNemesis
01-27-2008, 07:57 PM
bump for more

I love you.

^ What he said. I want more.

I've lost my will, it seems. I have a bunch of half-finished songs that are missing that extra little something I need to get the tracks going. But holy fuckin' shit, I really appreciate y'allz support.

And you know when I said I really wanted to rap to "Our Missing Grey Fox"? Well, now I'm actually going to go through with that, and actually write raps for each song on The Secret Agent.

I write raps a lot for school projects and some for fun, most of them as a joke. And they're actually pretty good. But I'll probably take most of these seriously. Now I just need to find a way to record these in the meantime.

Are you fucking serious?! You have no friggin' clue how excited I am right now. And touched. And all this other corny shit. I would LOVE to hear what you come up with.

My fave tracks on the album:

Nightlife (easily the greatest thing I've ever done. Sometimes I listen to it and go "how did I do that?!)
In Tense Silence
The Rise and Fall of Mr. Decline
Destination: Hicksville

My least fave of my own works:

Our Missing Grey Fox
Late Night Hideout

I like 'em all, natch. But some more than others.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-27-2008, 08:06 PM
"Our Missing Grey Fox" just needs some ill rhymes.

Update: There will one other person who will be featured in this rap. He has like a real recording system and stuff the pros use. He'll probably rap a little with me.

All you need to know are two things about this guy:
1) He's black (my favorite black friend)
2) His name is James Brown (I'm not kidding)

JohnnyNemesis
01-27-2008, 08:07 PM
1) He's black (my favorite black friend)
2) His name is James Brown (I'm not kidding)

My excitement level just went from 11 (on a scale of 1-10) to 200 (on a scale of 1-10).

Harnum
01-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm currently listening to 'The Getaway' and I think it's totally awesome! So infectious! Make more Rick. =]

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh. My. Gosh. So I'm almost done with my first song. It's to "Our Missing Grey Fox" and called "No Better Than This". And it is good. Especially when I rap it to the music. It's perfect so far.

I'm going to be into this for the next couple months.

JohnnyNemesis
01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Dude, I'm nearly pissing myself with excitement (ew).

Seriously though, I really want to hear it, and I'm gonna have it on my iTunes as a sort of "remix" effort of my album. Yay for Interwebz collaborations!

Oh and thanks Harnum! I'd be happy to send you more tracks sometime. For now, go to www.myspace.com/dapantz and check out what I already have up.

That_Guy91
01-29-2008, 06:40 AM
I love you.

JohnnyNemesis
01-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Best believe I love you too.

Question: if I started selling my tracks through MySpace, or started selling the album for a flat rate, would those of you who don't already have it be willing to show some support and buy a track or two? Poor college student, you know how it goes.

I'm not sure if I even wanna do it, but I'm considering it.

Homer
02-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Dude, that's so not cool, not even in 2008.

But yeah, to be honest, I wouldn't buy it. The music's good and all, but it just doesn't seem like something to be bought.

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2008, 03:55 PM
But duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, I'm like, BROKE in 2008. As in, like, might be homeless come May kinda broke in 2008! I needs to do what I gotsa do!

Homer
02-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, if you NEED money, you could just brings dem beats to a club or something, and be a DJ for a night. Because, unless you're famous in the genre, you ain't gonna make money off of music sales, even off of us!