PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Treez's Comprehensive List of the 25 Worst Songs of All Time

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 01:53 AM
With very heavy bias on the past decade or so. Only including songs that had some amount of commercial success. If you like any of the songs on this list, you do not deserve to live.

25) Pennywise- Fuck Authority
24) R.E.M.- Everybody Hurts
23) Train- Drops of Jupiter
22) Stone Temple Pilots- Days of the Week
21) Blink-182- First Date
20) Papa Roach- Scars
19) Incubus- Nice to Know You
18) Bowling for Soup- 1985
17) Lou Bega- Mambo #5
16) Three Days Grace- I Hate Everything About You
15) Cassidy- I'm a Hustla
14) Guns n' Roses- November Rain
13) Hoobastank- The Reason
12) Train- Meet Virginia
11) Uncle Kracker- Follow Me
10) Twisted Sister- We're Not Gonna Take It
9) Beastie Boys- Ch-Check It Out
8) Mest- Cadillac
7) Billy Ray Cyrus- Achy Breaky Heart
6) Incubus- Stellar
5) Green Day- Boulevard of Broken Dreams
4) Enrique Iglesias- Hero
3) Nick Cannon- Can I Live
2) Dave Matthews Band- I Did It
1) Good Charlotte- Little Things

WebDudette
08-26-2006, 02:05 AM
With very heavy bias on the past decade or so. Only including songs that had some amount of commercial success. If you like any of the songs on this list, you do not deserve to live.

20) Papa Roach- Scars
19) Incubus- Stellar
17) Lou Bega- Mambo #5
12) Train- Meet Virginia
8) Mest- Cadillac
6) Incubus- Nice to Know You

I absolutely despise the bolded songs.

BuddyHolly
08-26-2006, 05:23 AM
I actually do like the R.E.M. song and the Beastie Boys song... I think I should die now... :o

Andy
08-26-2006, 05:32 AM
There are a couple I don't agree with, but on the whole it's an OK list.

JoY
08-26-2006, 06:49 AM
there are a lot that I agree with.

no R. Kelly, or Robbie Williams, though. you'd think they'd make such a list.

Whiplash
08-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Songs like november rain and i hate everything about you i just adore, the rest sucks ass.

Dude From Dudetown
08-26-2006, 09:20 AM
If you think these are the worst songs ever, then in my opinion, you have no idea what bad really is.

RickyCrack
08-26-2006, 09:25 AM
we know you're bad and that's good enough for now.

0r4ng3
08-26-2006, 09:26 AM
If Boulevard of Broken Dreams wasn't overplayed so damn much, it wouldn't be that bad. Most people don't hate it, they're just sick of it.

PsychoticAndInsomniac
08-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't know all the songs, so I can't express my opinion on the whole list, but there are some I agree with (like Enrique Iglesias - Hero) and some I strongly disagree with (November Rain and Everybody hurts).

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Everybody Hurts is the only one on the list by a band that I really like. I love R.E.M. but seriously, what the fucking fuck were they thinking when they wrote that cheesy-ass song?

I knew I'd get a lot of crap about that one, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams and November Rain. But, I still say they suck, so it still goes.

Whiplash
08-26-2006, 09:53 AM
If you think these are the worst songs ever, then in my opinion, you have no idea what bad really is.
In my opinion, I dont give a fuck what you think.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 09:55 AM
It's a good thing you said "in my opinion," because if you didn't I'd kick your ass.

Corpse
08-26-2006, 10:10 AM
I would agree with all but 1. Surely American Idiot was worse than Boulevard of Broken Dreams? Thats what I think anyway. Still, love the fact Good Charlotte are at 1.

Marco
08-26-2006, 10:21 AM
There are worse songs than those!

All About Eve
08-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Although I agree with the h8 of every song on there, I don't think Everybody Hurts should be top 25. If it weren't for the people who oozed over it, it would just be one of those songs you pass by without noticing.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Wow, I know pretty much all of these songs just plain suck, but 14 managed to enter my playlist. The only ones you might possibly catch me listening to on purpose is "Everybody Hurts", the Green Day one, "Fuck Authority", and the Three Days Grace one.

JohnnyNemesis
08-26-2006, 10:47 AM
20) Papa Roach- Scars

These two are tied for #1 on my WORST FUCKING SONGS EVER list.

This, along with "New Skin" and "Out From Under" is the only Incubus song I still like, and I like it quite much. Eff yoU!

0r4ng3
08-26-2006, 10:48 AM
The only ones I have as mp3s are Fuck Authority and Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I also have the Papa Roach and Blink-182 ones, but I take careful steps to avoid those songs.

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2006, 10:51 AM
It's a good thing you said "in my opinion," because if you didn't I'd kick your ass.
Threatening to kick someone's ass over the internet? In my opinion, that means you're a fucking retard.

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2006, 10:52 AM
And by the way. Good Charlotte has worse songs thatn Little Things.

killer_queen
08-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Mambo #5? Ah, I love that song! I know it's kinda crappy but I still do.

Great list, though. I love how you take music seriously and always listen good things. I don't know most of the songs but if you find them bad I'm sure they're bad.

Andy
08-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Mambo #5? Ah, I love that song! I know it's kinda crappy but I still do.
Same here. Although I feel weird admitting it.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Shut the fuck up, dain. You're a fucking retard.

Incubus songs were chosen almost completely at random. All Incubus songs are almost equally shitty (except Warning, which is just the slightest bit less shitty), so I chose the ones that have the stupidest lyrics and the most blatant disregard for syllabic cohesion.

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Shut the fuck up, dain. You're a fucking retard.

Shut up before i beat the shit out of you.

Now doesn't that sound retarded? Yes, yes it does.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Not as retarded as putting black text at the bottom of your post to make it difficult to see, even though you skipped about 7 lines which means there is very obviously something there.

P.S.- whoooooooooooosh!

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Not as retarded as putting black text at the bottom of your post to make it difficult to see, even though you skipped about 7 lines which means there is very obviously something there.

P.S.- whoooooooooooosh!

I made it obvious intentionally. I was making you scroll down.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Oh noez, God forbid I have to scroll down!1!

Me = PWN3D

:( :( :( :(

Apathy
08-26-2006, 11:50 AM
He was trying to make it obvious that something was there so you wouldn't miss it and think he was serious about his post.

I see other people do that all the time, and they don't get any shit about it, but he does. Why? Because he's Dain. He's been dumb in the past, but this time it was you who was the idiot. Saying you're going to kick someones ass over the internet makes you sound like an imbecile. He pointed that out, and you gave him shit for it. You're a low person.

..I do agree with the list though.

0r4ng3
08-26-2006, 11:52 AM
I really don't think he meant anything much by the ass-kicking. You all are taking this WAY too seriously.

JohnnyNemesis
08-26-2006, 12:20 PM
He's been dumb in the past, but this time it was you who was the idiot. Saying you're going to kick someones ass over the internet makes you sound like an imbecile.

This is where knowing who you're talking to counts.

See, XYlophonetreeZ, moreso than others, has been known to think that he funniest and absolute dumbest thing imaginable is to threaten to kick someone's ass over the Internet. His posts in threads where Offspring fans brag about beating up Good Charlotte fans (they do exist) is proof of that. He was poking fun at himself with those threats.

Not that it's your responsibility to know something like that or anything, but either way you and dain = wrong as a result.

All About Eve
08-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Apathy, it's not because he did it, it's because he did it to "make Dr. Treez scroll down" which is the lamest excuse/reason ever.

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Oh noez, God forbid I have to scroll down!1!

Me = PWN3D

:( :( :( :(
I was making it obvious so you didn't think I was serious, mongoloid.

Apathy
08-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Apathy, it's not because he did it, it's because he did it to "make Dr. Treez scroll down" which is the lamest excuse/reason ever.

That was not a reason, nor an excuse, you misinterpreted what he said.

See, XYlophonetreeZ, moreso than others, has been known to think that he funniest and absolute dumbest thing imaginable is to threaten to kick someone's ass over the Internet. His posts in threads where Offspring fans brag about beating up Good Charlotte fans (they do exist) is proof of that. He was poking fun at himself with those threats.

I do not care about the idle threats. I still stand by everything I posted earlier.

All About Eve
08-26-2006, 01:02 PM
I was making it obvious so you didn't think I was serious, mongoloid.
Which brings us back to the original point:

And, because it needs to be said again:

whoooooooooooosh!

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Which brings us back to the original point:

What did that have to do with anything?

JohnnyNemesis
08-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Okay, this has gone on long enough and it clearly won't be resolved: please get back on topic now.

Thanks.

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Okay, this has gone on long enough and it clearly won't be resolved: please get back on topic now.

Thanks.

Thank you for that.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 01:29 PM
For the clueless: I was making fun of people in general who always say "in my opinion" for fear of being attacked. Get a clue, 'tards.

DeAtHsTaR
08-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Well I personally believe that people shouldn't have opinions and everyone should be the same.

</XYlophonetreeZ>

JohnnyNemesis
08-26-2006, 01:56 PM

Thanks.

Please.

I'll delete posts if needed.

All About Eve
08-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Back on topic.

Drops of Jupiter should be on that list.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-26-2006, 06:53 PM
It is. I'd never forgive myself if it weren't. Ditto with Meet Virginia. Oh holy God I hate Train.

All About Eve
08-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Whoops, missed it.

Agreed, Train is quite possibly the worst band ever.

Edit: Honorable mention for SR-71's "Right Now" and "Tomorrow".

Not Ozymandias
08-26-2006, 07:04 PM
No American Pie? We Didn't Start The Fire? Party All The Time??

Whack.

mrconeman
08-26-2006, 07:08 PM
We Didn't Start The Fire
Seriously, worst song ever.

IAmARevenant
08-26-2006, 08:21 PM

20) Papa Roach- Scars
19) Incubus- Stellar
17) Lou Bega- Mambo #5
12) Train- Meet Virginia
8) Mest- Cadillac
Those are the only songs on this list that I truly hate.

Llamas
08-28-2006, 11:38 AM

20) Papa Roach- Scars
19) Incubus- Stellar
17) Lou Bega- Mambo #5
12) Train- Meet Virginia
8) Mest- Cadillac

Sad, I should probably die. I like 25, 23, 20, 16, 12, and 10. I genuinely like Train as a band... the others are just songs I like. The rest of those songs I also dislike, but I can think of worse songs than some of them. The nastiest on there are 2, 4, 6, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 21, 24.

Nina
08-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Incubus songs were chosen almost completely at random. All Incubus songs are almost equally shitty (except Warning, which is just the slightest bit less shitty), so I chose the ones that have the stupidest lyrics and the most blatant disregard for syllabic cohesion.

Thats so weird to hear. Have you ever heard the acoustic version of Stellar? If you did and still find it shitty enough to be on that list we have completely different taste when it comes to music!

And are these really the WORST songs? Do they almost physically hurt you from being so bad? Man I know that feeling so well. But I usually have that with shitty German punk bands. Haha.

Edit: Why are you all so fucking retarded and quote the entire thing all the time?

XYlophonetreeZ
08-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Party All The Time??
FUCK no. That's the fucking BEST song of all time.

JohnnyNemesis
08-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Party all the Time is great, legit.

Vera
08-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Mp3 of #1, plz. Because girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money and free shit.

Llamas
08-28-2006, 01:17 PM
And are these really the WORST songs? Do they almost physically hurt you from being so bad? Man I know that feeling so well. But I usually have that with shitty German punk bands. Haha.

hey I like some of those shitty german punk bands! unless you're referring to modern ones... I love those old ones like DAF and fehlfarben, though. The only modern german "punk" band I like is wizo.

Nina
08-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I used to like Wizo when I was 13. I thought they were funny. Now I just find it stupid :[ I dislike most German music because it appears to be some sort of horribly failed copy of better bands.

bd007h
08-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Seriously, worst song ever.

We Didn't Start the Fire is a great song.

Llamas
08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
yeah wizo's "funny" songs aren't really funny anymore at this point... I just enjoy their sound for some reason.

mrconeman
08-28-2006, 03:07 PM
We Didn't Start the Fire is a great song.
I'm probably a bit biased, because I got that song sent to me by someone who I refer to as musically retarded (theres a large backstory, but I promise you, the term is justified.) And he got obbsessed with that song for months.

thomda11
08-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Fuck Authority is a great song....are you deaf or something?

Llamas
08-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Fuck Authority is a great song....are you deaf or something?

while I enjoy the song, I definitely wouldn't classify it as "great". I also got pissed at pennywise at the warped tour a few years ago... they played that song live, and then gave an "apology" to all the cops there and were like "we're just kidding, we love the law enforcement". What a pussy move.

JohnnyNemesis
08-28-2006, 06:18 PM
they played that song live, and then gave an "apology" to all the cops there and were like "we're just kidding, we love the law enforcement". What a pussy move.

You sure it wasn't sarcasm?

Llamas
08-28-2006, 06:27 PM
if it was, it wasn't funny. They said it very un-jokingly, and they were talking to the cops that were around the stage... they started saying the great things cops do for us and that the song was sarcastic and stuff... I dunno, either they were really apologizing, or it was a very long, drawn-out bad joke.

bd007h
08-28-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm probably a bit biased, because I got that song sent to me by someone who I refer to as musically retarded (theres a large backstory, but I promise you, the term is justified.) And he got obbsessed with that song for months.

I've known the song for years, and my whole family loves it.

mrconeman
08-28-2006, 07:47 PM
I've known the song for years, and my whole family loves it.
ahh yes, but you didn't send it too me, demanding that I love it, praising it constantly, putting it in your MSN name in capital letters (which bugs me in itself) and singing it (poorly) when I was around you constantly for months...

The song reminds me of annoyance.

bd007h
08-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Well, I'd probably hate the song too than if it happened to me.

Thomas
08-28-2006, 08:56 PM
17) Lou Bega- Mambo #5

I like those songs. And the ones in bold I like a lot. Ch-Check It Out, imo, is one of the best Beastie Boys songs ever.

All About Eve
08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Aaaand the reaaason is YOUUUUU!

jacknife737
08-28-2006, 09:59 PM

25) Pennywise- Fuck Authority24) R.E.M.- Everybody Hurts
20) Papa Roach- Scars
17) Lou Bega- Mambo #5
12) Train- Meet Virginia
9) Beastie Boys- Ch-Check It Out (best song on this list)
8) Mest- Cadillac
6) Incubus- Stellar

The songs in bold I either like/don't mind. the others i hate.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-28-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm not a peeeeerfeeeeeeeect peeeeeeeersooooon!!

How does anyone like the vomit-inducing idiocy of Ch-Check It Out? What is it that appeals to you? Is it the amazing rhyming in the chorus, or is it the complex and deep musical composition in the form of the same cartoonish noise repeating ad nauseam? Just curious.

All About Eve
08-28-2006, 10:46 PM
All you trekkies and tv addicts
Don't mean to diss
Don't mean to bring static
All you klingons in da fuckin' house
Grab your backstreet friend and get loud
Blowin' doors off hinges
I'll grab you with the pinchers
And no i didn't retire
I'll snatch you up
With the needle nose pliers

Like mutual of omaha
Got the ill boat
You've never seen before
Gliding in the glades
And like lorne greene
You know i get paid
Like caprese and with the basil
Not goofy like darren or hazel
I'm a mother fucking nick at night with
Classics rerunning that you know all right
Now remain calm no alarm
Cause my farm ain't fat
So what's up with that
I've got friends and family that i respect
When i think i'm too good
They put me in check
So believe when i say i'm no better than you
Except when i rap
So i guess it ain't true
Like that y'all and you just don't stop
Guaranteed to make your body rock

Check-ch-check-check-check-ch-check it out
What-wha-what-what-what's it all about
Work-wa-work-work-work-wa-work it out
Let's turn this motherfuckin' party out

It's the lyrical eloquence, of course.

Autonomist
08-29-2006, 01:19 AM
Not a great list, but an alright one I guess. There are much worser songs than some of them that you left out. The Foo Fighters should've been on there at least a couple of times, they're a radio friendly rock band and have had some fucking terrible songs.

BREAK
08-30-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't have time to do a song-by-song analysis, but it's absolutely wrong that you should have only one song from the 80's on this list.

Revolver-2005?
08-30-2006, 06:55 PM
I like Fuck Authority...but that's pretty much it on that list

Thomas
08-30-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm not a peeeeerfeeeeeeeect peeeeeeeersooooon!!

How does anyone like the vomit-inducing idiocy of Ch-Check It Out? What is it that appeals to you? Is it the amazing rhyming in the chorus, or is it the complex and deep musical composition in the form of the same cartoonish noise repeating ad nauseam? Just curious.

I just like it because it's catchy and fun. I don't think ANYONE listens to the Beastie Boys expecting good lyrics or musical composition. They are purely for fun, and that's what they are best at.

RickyCrack
08-30-2006, 11:23 PM
I like the Beastie Boys because I like rap music, but I don't like all the darkies.

NMHFBD
08-31-2006, 08:31 AM
i'd like to know what's so bad about Pennywise song?

thomda11
08-31-2006, 09:38 AM
i'd like to know what's so bad about Pennywise song?

I wanna know the same thing

0r4ng3
08-31-2006, 09:43 AM
You can't honestly believe that Pennywise has no bad songs.

I'm a big fan and I know that Fuck Authority is a really bad song. The lyrics are just so stupid they make me cringe a bit.

Llamas
08-31-2006, 11:21 AM
I like pennywise, and really enjoy a good listening of "full circle". Sometimes they are right on with lyrics. But man, in the grand scheme of things, about 80% of their lyrics suck. Their song topics get old, and their style is very, very repetitive. I know their songs well and have most of their albums, and yet when a song comes on, I often mistake it for other songs.

Apathy
08-31-2006, 05:09 PM
I love the Beastie Boys. They're fun in a This-is-so-stupid-It's-Awesome way.

Jakebert
08-31-2006, 06:42 PM
I wanna know the same thing

It's a stupid song that no one over the age of like 14 should be writing. Horrible lyrics.

I like Everybody Hurts, but I completely agree that the cheesiness of the song gets annoying sometimes.

pretty fly 88
09-03-2006, 08:51 AM

20) Papa Roach- Scars
17) Lou Bega- Mambo #5
12) Train- Meet Virginia
8) Mest- Cadillac
6) Incubus- Stellar

You're the one that desrves to die, you close-minded retard. The Green Day song on that list is quite good.

JohnnyNemesis
09-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Stop crying .

pretty fly 88
09-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Stop crying .

You also need to work on being open-minded.

XYlophonetreeZ
09-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Explain how disliking Boulevard of Broken Dreams makes me closed-minded. Please. Be thorough.

All About Eve
09-03-2006, 11:10 AM
becuz its punk if u dnt lyk jus wut u c on mtv den u mite b willing 2 except dat its good music.:mad: :cool:

Jakebert
09-03-2006, 11:22 AM
You're the one that desrves to die, you close-minded retard. The Green Day song on that list is quite good.

So, he's close-minded for having his opinion, but you're not close-minded for yours?

And even Green Day fans realize that song is pure crap, myself included.

JohnnyNemesis
09-03-2006, 02:24 PM
You also need to work on being open-minded.

Let me guess; everyone who disagrees with you is close-minded, right?

Retard
09-03-2006, 07:52 PM
the so stupid its great remark about Ch-check it out is dead on. The Beastie Boys always had funny stupid lyrics but thats why theyre awsome.

Blink's one of my favorite bands i love this song.

The Green Day song i still kinda like but someone said it best earlier, it got played waaaay too much when it got popular so at the moment i'm kind of indifferent about that song and the whole album in general. I still love Green Day though.

i'm too lazy to look at the list again.

Llamas
09-03-2006, 08:12 PM

that is one of green day's worst songs. and disliking one green day song doesn't make a person closed-minded. If he said "I hate every single song by every single one of these bands, even if I haven't heard them", then he'd be closed-minded.

IAmARevenant
09-03-2006, 10:31 PM
that is one of green day's worst songs. and disliking one green day song doesn't make a person closed-minded.

hating Green Day means that you wanna be kewl. :p

JohnnyNemesis
09-03-2006, 11:43 PM
I've been hating Green Day since 1995, trupunx I am!

I still like about eight or so Green Day songs, but that doesn't make up for the pile of shit and generally annoying style that is the rest of their career.

Llamas
09-04-2006, 12:25 AM
u r da truest punx ov dem all!!

I like GD, I can't deny it. I think they're pretty talentless... and their lyrics usually are bad. I really enjoy the Dookie and Warning albums, though. Can't stand kerplunk, 1039, or AI; and insomniac isn't very good. their egos have gotten way awful at this point, where I doubt I'll even check out their next album.

pretty fly 88
09-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Explain how disliking Boulevard of Broken Dreams makes me closed-minded. Please. Be thorough.

You said that anybody that likes that song deserves to die. That's close-minded. Merely saying you don't like it would've been fine.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that you once called me a retard for merely disliking Pink Floyd.
You tell everybody that disagrees with you to go off and die and yet you expect people to not do the same thing to you. If that's not close-minded, then "close-minded" isn't a word.

pretty fly 88
09-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Let me guess; everyone who disagrees with you is close-minded, right?

You seem to think that everyone that disagrees with you is a complete retard, and everyone that agrees with you is a genius. How is that not close-minded?

pretty fly 88
09-04-2006, 08:39 AM
So, he's close-minded for having his opinion, but you're not close-minded for yours?

And even Green Day fans realize that song is pure crap, myself included.
You've also been known to call people retards just because they disagree with you. Are you trying to say that saying people deserve to die just because they like or dislike something is merely posting an opinion? And yet, anybody that disagrees with you deserves to die?

And, yes, that song was once overplayed, but believe it or not, it is my favorite Green day song. I think the only reason people don't like it is because it's overplayed.

IAmARevenant
09-04-2006, 09:41 AM
I love GD. I'm not nearly ashamed of that.

All About Eve
09-04-2006, 10:26 AM
*rant*
Not really. I like a lot of stuff the Ricky dislikes/hates. Probably same with Jakebert, although I don't know that much about his tastes. It's when you like bad stuff and refuse to give anything else a chance that you're retarded.

And, yes, that song was once overplayed, but believe it or not, it is my favorite Green day song. I think the only reason people don't like it is because it's overplayed.
I hated it after hearing it once on the CD, long before it was played on the radio.

pretty fly 88
09-04-2006, 10:40 AM
I hated it after hearing it once on the CD, long before it was played on the radio.

Really? I've never known anyone that liked Green Day and disliked that song right from the first listen. I always loved that song because it shows a side of Green Day that we'd never seen before, it showed them evolving. Instead of just writing silly songs like "F.O.D." and "Basket Case," and stupid album names like "Dookie,' and "Nimrod," Green Day are actually true musicians, now, and "Boulevard..." was the first song on the radio to show Green Day that way. Is that why people hate that song, because Green day is evolving, experimenting, trying things that are different?

DeAtHsTaR
09-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Wasn't Time of your Life the first song that showed them as being mature?

nieh
09-04-2006, 10:48 AM
and stupid album names like "Dookie,' and "Nimrod,"

and "American Idiot"

All About Eve
09-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Really? I've never known anyone that liked Green Day and disliked that song right from the first listen. I always loved that song because it shows a side of Green Day that we'd never seen before, it showed them evolving. Instead of just writing silly songs like "F.O.D." and "Basket Case," and stupid album names like "Dookie,' and "Nimrod," Green Day are actually true musicians, now, and "Boulevard..." was the first song on the radio to show Green Day that way. Is that why people hate that song, because Green day is evolving, experimenting, trying things that are different?
I generally don't like Green Day anyways, except for a few songs here and there anyways. I used to, just got tired of them.

And BoBD was *not* their first mature song. Any part of Dookie could be considered mature, as it wasn't just random instruments thrown together. Or if you mean a slower song with emotional lyrics, them Good Riddance was.

JohnnyNemesis
09-04-2006, 10:58 AM
You seem to think that everyone that disagrees with you is a complete retard, and everyone that agrees with you is a genius. How is that not close-minded?

So, in other words, your assumptions on my thought process are what makes me close-minded?

Holy fuck, you're an idiot.

pretty fly 88
09-04-2006, 11:01 AM
And BoBD was *not* their first mature song. Any part of Dookie could be considered mature, as it wasn't just random instruments thrown together. Or if you mean a slower song with emotional lyrics, them Good Riddance was.

Um, Dookie was not a mature album. Come on, even the name Dookie is immature. The name American Idiot speaks about the government and isn't immature, although I guess the song could be viewed that way. Whenever I look up the lyrics to any song on Dookie, I am almost repulsed by the immaturity. The pictures on the inside cover of that album are immature, too. I did forget about "Good Riddance," so okay, fine "Boulevard.." is their 2nd mature song.

pretty fly 88
09-04-2006, 11:03 AM
So, in other words, your assumptions on my thought process are what makes me close-minded?

Holy fuck, you're an idiot.

You are not making a very strong point with that post.

All About Eve
09-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Um, Dookie was not a mature album. Come on, even the name Dookie is immature. The name American Idiot speaks about the government and isn't immature, although I guess the song could be viewed that way. Whenever I look up the lyrics to any song on Dookie, I am almost repulsed by the immaturity. The pictures on the inside cover of that album are immature, too. I did forget about "Good Riddance," so okay, fine "Boulevard.." is their 2nd mature song.
Macy's Day Parade? And I'im sure there other examples that I've just forgotten. The name of the song doesn't matter; when you're speaking of maturity in music, it means that the music is well thought out and put together, not what the name is.

Edit: Pulling Teeth is another.

Thomas
09-04-2006, 11:06 AM

Oh, the irony.

JohnnyNemesis
09-04-2006, 11:09 AM

That's because it was a question, not a point.

Fucking idiot.

pretty fly 88
09-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Macy's Day Parade? And I'im sure there other examples that I've just forgotten. The name of the song doesn't matter; when you're speaking of maturity in music, it means that the music is well thought out and put together, not what the name is.

Edit: Pulling Teeth is another.

Macy's Day Parade is not on Dookie. Pulling Teeth is fun, but does not show as much maturity as "Boulevard..."

pretty fly 88
09-04-2006, 11:11 AM
That's because it was a question, not a point.

Fucking idiot.

Well, you certainly have not done anything to prove me wrong.

Thomas
09-04-2006, 11:12 AM

Doesn't have to. You are doing a good enough job yourself.

All About Eve
09-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Macy's Day Parade is not on Dookie. Pulling Teeth is fun, but does not show as much maturity as "Boulevard..."
It doesn't have to be on Dookie to be a mature song previous to BoBD.

Thomas
09-04-2006, 11:14 AM
It doesn't have to be on Dookie to be a mature song previous to BoBD.

But you forget that Green Day only has 2 albums. Dookie and American Idiot.

JohnnyNemesis
09-04-2006, 11:20 AM

That's cause you're too narrow-minded :)

0r4ng3
09-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Would "When I Come Around" count as one of their mature songs? That hasn't been mentioned yet.

XYlophonetreeZ
09-04-2006, 12:41 PM
You said that anybody that likes that song deserves to die. That's close-minded. Merely saying you don't like it would've been fine.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that you once called me a retard for merely disliking Pink Floyd.
You tell everybody that disagrees with you to go off and die and yet you expect people to not do the same thing to you. If that's not close-minded, then "close-minded" isn't a word.

Boulevard of Broken Dreams is so generic, both musically and lyrically, that it sounds like a parody of all rock ballads in general. And I thought that from the very first time I ever heard it.
The thing about deserving to die was very obviously in jest. Get a clue.

I don't remember the Pink Floyd thing. It's actually really pathetic that you remember something as stupid as that. But if I did call you a retard, it was surely because you ARE a retard and not because you dislike a particular band.

Thomas
09-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Boulevard of Broken Dreams is so generic, both musically and lyrically, that it sounds like a parody of all rock ballads in general. And I thought that from the very first time I ever heard it.
The thing about deserving to die was very obviously in jest. Get a clue.

I don't remember the Pink Floyd thing. It's actually really pathetic that you remember something as stupid as that. But if I did call you a retard, it was surely because you ARE a retard and not because you dislike a particular band.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

All About Eve
09-04-2006, 01:17 PM
But you forget that Green Day only has 2 albums. Dookie and American Idiot.
This was pretty funny.

coke_a_holic
09-04-2006, 01:29 PM

And Boulevard shows maturity? How the fuck does going through teen angst as a 40 year old show any signs of maturity whatsoever? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Llamas
09-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Really? I've never known anyone that liked Green Day and disliked that song right from the first listen.
I like green day. I disliked that song when I bought the AI album before it was on the radio.

I always loved that song because it shows a side of Green Day that we'd never seen before, it showed them evolving.
Pulling Teeth, When I Come Around, Hitchin' a Ride, Good Riddance, Church on Sunday, Misery, and Macy's Day Parade are all very good examples of lyrically "mature" green day songs. They all came out BEFORE BOBD... so what again did BOBD show us that we hadn't seen before?

Oh yeah, that billie joe is desperate to hold onto his fading youth and try to sound sad and "introspective"... but he fails.

Instead of just writing silly songs like "F.O.D." and "Basket Case," and stupid album names like "Dookie,' and "Nimrod," Green Day are actually true musicians, now,
sorry, but american idiot is a stupid name for an album. And what about Warning? That wasn't a dumb album name.

and "Boulevard..." was the first song on the radio to show Green Day that way. Is that why people hate that song, because Green day is evolving, experimenting, trying things that are different?

I LOVE the album Warning, which was their most experimental and different. bobd was generic and boring.

And good god, get a sense of humor. It's kind of obvious that xyz doesn't wish everyone to die who likes the songs he listed.