PDA

View Full Version : POTC Soundtrack

Nina
08-27-2006, 02:54 PM
I am sure some of you have seen Pirates Of The Caribbean (1 + 2). I dont want to discuss the movie, I'd like to discuss the soundtrack.

I like movies that have noticable soundtracks because I consider music to be a very important factor for a movie to be good. In this case, the POTC-soundtrack stood out immediatelly, at least in my opinion. It added a lot to dramatic scenes.

Now that I have bought the CD I had the pleasure to listen to it on its own. I started listening to it before I went to bed and I seriously didnt want to sleep anymore. Those brilliant melodies made me listen to it twice - that's almost 2h alltogether.

It reminds me a little on the LOTR-Soundtrack. Not the themes or the style, but the way it improved the movie; to take it closer to perfection**.

**I am not saying any of the mentioned movies are perfect. However the soundtracks made them stand out from the mass.

Tigger Army
08-27-2006, 04:09 PM
I've been on camp with my scouts this year and the theme was 'Pirates' so naturally I've heard the songs of PotC at least a million times a day but it didn't start to annoy me. Which is amazing really when I hear music THAT often in a short period.

Then again most Disney music is great. :)

Nina
08-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Yes I agree, it didnt annoy me either. I dont think I'd ever get tired of it.

P.S. is this the TIGGER ARMY I know??

Tigger Army
08-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Yes I agree, it didnt annoy me either. I dont think I'd ever get tired of it.

P.S. is this the TIGGER ARMY I know??

Blah I didn't notice you answered this one. By now you figured out I really am the Tigger Army you know.

Can't believe not more people reacted to this thread though. Not even to diss it (though there is no serious argument possible to diss the fine piece of music here)

Anyway: Hi :)

Sinister
08-30-2006, 03:40 PM
my harmony band played POTC1 soundtrack two years ago. Fucking amazing, especially being part of it.

Doesn't beat playing the Beauty and the Beast musical though.

Tigger Army
08-30-2006, 04:33 PM
ha I saw the show and have the cd (in dutch) I must say unlike with the lion king they actually improved the plot and added GOOD music to that musical.

I think 'home' is my new favorite for that work (Cartoon & musical).

But this is about potc ofcourse and not beauty and the beast

Llamas
08-31-2006, 11:10 AM
I sadly can't contribute to this thread cause I haven't seen either POTC films... but I wanted to comment on music in film. I've noticed that in Eurpean film, music is more of a plot enhancer than in most american film. Often times in our industry, music is just background. This is part of why I like Buffy the vampire slayer so much, and Lola Rennt. Two things that just make great use of making music play into the plot. I've gained new interest in seeing the pirates movies now, though, if not just solely for the soundtrack I've heard so many good things about.