PDA

View Full Version : My edition of the worst songs of all time.

JohnnyNemesis
08-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Dr. Treez made his list, and I made mine a long time ago, but I think I'll give it another shot.

The remarkable thing is that the past 5 years have yielded so many incredible additions to this list, completely changing it from the ones I made before.

8. Christina Aguilera - Come On Over

Okay, even though I usually don't like her music, Christina Aguilera is a remarkably talented vocalist. Drivel like this does nothing but cover up her amazing voice with generic pop bullshit. The beat is annoying as shit.

7. Incubus - Stellar

Fuck you. The only reason this isn't number 1 is because it's not as fresh in my memory, but I can't remember wanting to kill people more than when this song came out. The fact that so many young ladies loved this song was almost enough to turn me gay without regret.

6. SR-71 - Right Now

Unbelievably annoying chorus, horrendous lyrics, stupid voice, generic everything, the fact that it was used in every single dime-a-dozen teen flick of the late 90s...oh fuck it all.

5. Black Eyed Peas - My Humps

Quite possibly the most nonsensical lyrics of all time, and I've listened to both Deftones and Monster Magnet, so that's saying a lot. This also marks the true death of the Black Eyed Peas as skilled MCs with a message to a piece of shit pop group once Fergie started rapping about "lovely lady lumps".

4. Ashlee Simpsons - Pieces of Me

Fuck you. Seriously, fuck you.

3. Papa Roach - Scars

Just so cloying, fitting in shamelessly to what modern rock has become: whiny, uninspired bullshit. The lyrics don't help.

2. Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin' Down

Fuck you for even thinking that I have to explain this one.

1. Bowling for Soup - 1985

Fuck you for even thinking that I have to explain this one.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-28-2006, 11:03 AM
7. Incubus - Stellar

Fuck you. The only reason this isn't number 1 is because it's not as fresh in my memory, but I can't remember wanting to kill people more than when this song came out. The fact that so many young ladies loved this song was almost enough to turn me gay without regret.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think I should have reversed this and Nice to Know You on my list. This song just has to be worse.

I also wouldn't have minded adding "My Humps."

*I just edited my list. Incubus songs are now reversed.

Corpse
08-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I agree with every single one of them. Especially Fall out Boy.

JohnnyNemesis
08-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Yes, but I want to re-iterate that Stellar by Incubus is the worst song on that list, but time must be taken into account, which is why the rankings are the way they are.

Ugh!

DeAtHsTaR
08-28-2006, 11:15 AM
1985 is annoying, but harmless. It's not like people are going to remember Bowling for Soup.

JohnnyNemesis
08-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Good point, but fuck that, it's still horrible.

I meant to add "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne in a tie for first place, but then I realized that it's essentially the same song anyway.

mrconeman
08-28-2006, 01:41 PM
I generally agree with everything there. I'd also like to say The Crazy Frog...I dunno if you lot got that absolute crap in the States, but my God, if ears could be sick, this song would most definatly induce it.

Nina
08-28-2006, 01:43 PM
The Crazy Frog

If I hear that song ONCE more I will kill someone.

And thank god I dont have MTV.

Llamas
08-28-2006, 01:56 PM
that was a good list. I like the papa roach song, but I can't bak that up with any sort of explanation. I HATE "MY HUMPS".

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-28-2006, 02:00 PM
I could kick myself for not throwing the fucking radio away because I had to listen to "1985" at a constant basis when girls were around. I have kicked myself for letting my friend lend me that Bowling For Soup CD.

DeAtHsTaR
08-28-2006, 02:10 PM
...just don't play 1985 and play a different BFS song???

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-28-2006, 02:16 PM
I never listen to the album. The album is downright horrible. The fact that I actually took time to upload the CD on my computer is something of the past I'm ashamed of.

DeAtHsTaR
08-28-2006, 02:22 PM
I never listen to the album. The album is downright horrible. The fact that I actually took time to upload the CD on my computer is something of the past I'm ashamed of.
It's a shame too... their stuff from the 90s was good.

thomda11
08-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Good list....however, why wasn't "I Write Sins not Tragedies" by Panic at the disco on there?? That truly is a horrendous song.

Llamas
08-28-2006, 04:21 PM
I *like* the music in that song... the vocals are just horrible.

IAmARevenant
08-29-2006, 12:41 PM
my humps should be #1 on that list.

Not Ozymandias
08-29-2006, 10:30 PM
The video redeemed this.

BREAK
08-30-2006, 09:24 AM

Wonderful song, u r so wrong. If you're going to pick a crappy song from her, why pass up a chance to hate on "Beautiful"?

7. Incubus - Stellar

I don't remember this at all at the moment, but there's no way it could be worse than "Wish You Were Here" or "Megalomaniac".

6. SR-71 - Right Now

Agreed, but the fact that it's been totally forgotten at this point sort of lessens its heinousness.

5. Black Eyed Peas - My Humps

I was with you until you called them "skilled MCs with a message". Are you one of those people who enjoyed "Where Is The Love" or something?

4. Ashlee Simpsons - Pieces of Me
3. Papa Roach - Scars

Haven't heard these, but I'm sure they suck.

2. Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin' Down

I've actually grown to at least partially enjoy this, in spite of all my best instincts. We're going DOWN-town, on a merry-go-round!

1. Bowling for Soup - 1985

Atrocious, but "Punk Rock 101" is like 12.8 million times worse.

JohnnyNemesis
08-30-2006, 11:24 AM
I was with you until you called them "skilled MCs with a message". Are you one of those people who enjoyed "Where Is The Love" or something?

Dude...were you born in 2003. I'm talking about "Joints & Jams" and other shit from the Bridging the Gap album and before.

All About Eve
08-30-2006, 01:26 PM
I decided not to start a new thread, and most my worst 16 songs ever list here.

1. Depeche Mode - Dreaming Of Me
2. Depeche Mode - New Life
3. Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
4. Depeche Mode - See You
5. Depeche Mode - The Meaning Of Love
6. Depeche Mode - Leave In Silence
7. Depeche Mode - Get The Balance Right
8. Depeche Mode - Everything Counts
9. Depeche Mode - Love, In Itself
10. Depeche Mode - People Are People
11. Depeche Mode - Master And Servant
12. Depeche Mode - Blasphemous Rumours
13. Depeche Mode - Somebody
14. Depeche Mode - Shake The Disease
15. Depeche Mode - It's Called A Heart
16. Depeche Mode - Photographic

God I hate these songs.

JohnnyNemesis
08-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die!

nieh
08-30-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm surprised you didn't mention any Strokes songs considering how much you despise them.

All About Eve
08-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Or Oasis, for that matter.

BREAK
08-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Dude...were you born in 2003. I'm talking about "Joints & Jams" and other shit from the Bridging the Gap album and before.

But that stuff doesn't count because nobody gives a shit about underground hip hop.

On the real, "Just Can't Get Enough" is the only Depeche Mode song that doesn't wolf down cock.

JohnnyNemesis
08-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Eat dick .

RickyCrack
08-30-2006, 10:14 PM
I don't want to sound like a queer or nothing, but I think Depeche Mode is a sweet band.

JohnnyNemesis
08-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Word, lawlz wif my Audioscrobbler <3.

Llamas
08-31-2006, 10:02 AM
Wonderful song, u r so wrong. If you're going to pick a crappy song from her, why pass up a chance to hate on "Beautiful"?
beautiful is awful... so was the other single from that album that was all scandalous. come on over was soooo annoying, though.

I don't remember this at all at the moment, but there's no way it could be worse than "Wish You Were Here" or "Megalomaniac".
I didn't mind stellar... megalomaniac and wish you were here were definitely some of their worst songs ever.

already covered... they were good long ago. not since the radio fame.

I've actually grown to at least partially enjoy this, in spite of all my best instincts. We're going DOWN-town, on a merry-go-round!
were you quoting a parody? the lyrics are actually "we're going down, down, in an earlier round" (sad I know this... my sister loved FOB for a while). I love the parody videos, though. "We goin' Dahhh dahhhh in a lur-e-lu-rah! I'll beer another one with a bullet, a lonely dark cock that's going and pulling!"

Atrocious, but "Punk Rock 101" is like 12.8 million times worse. punk rock 101 and girl all the bad boys want were the worst. I don't quite want to rip my hair out when I hear 1985 or bitch.

XYlophonetreeZ
08-31-2006, 02:37 PM
If you're going to pick a crappy song from her, why pass up a chance to hate on "Beautiful"?
The man has a point.

Retard
08-31-2006, 09:33 PM
one of the songs i cant stand right now is that damn woman song by wolfmother, FUCKING SUCKS!!!!

and that Ms. New Booty Song by Bubba Sparxx

both are crap

JohnnyNemesis
08-31-2006, 10:12 PM
The man has a point.

Yeah, but the thing about "Beautiful" is that, while it's a HORRIBLE, just ATROCIOUS song, it shows off her talent rather than burying it under generic beats.