PDA

View Full Version : A Matter Of Life And Death

Manic Subsidal Boy
08-29-2006, 03:58 AM
Who own's A Matter Of Life And Death, the new album by IRON MAIDEN. Best work in years i'd say. My favourite songs would be For The Greater Good Of God, Benjamin Breeg & Lord Of Light.

H1T_That
08-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Thats because its the ONLY work "in years"

Mannen som blev en gris
08-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Thats because its the ONLY work "in years"
Um, I'm actually pretty sure they released Dance of Death 3 years ago, and Brave New World 6 years ago, and Virtual XI a couple of years before that etc etc.

I hope the new album will be good (and everyone says it is so...), but judging by the songs I've heard from it, it doesn't sound like the Maiden I want to hear. =/

H1T_That
08-29-2006, 08:33 AM
3 years is still "years"

mrconeman
08-30-2006, 06:57 AM
*listening now*
I'm only gunna get the whole way through at last today (been very busy) But I will comment when I've heard it all.
So far: Awesome.

Tigger Army
08-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Um, I'm actually pretty sure they released Dance of Death 3 years ago, and Brave New World 6 years ago, and Virtual XI a couple of years before that etc etc.

I hope the new album will be good (and everyone says it is so...), but judging by the songs I've heard from it, it doesn't sound like the Maiden I want to hear. =/

it's odd the reviews I read were rather critical (read: negative) about this album but then they STILL gave high grades.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-30-2006, 09:25 AM
it's odd the reviews I read were rather critical (read: negative) about this album but then they STILL gave high grades.
Yeah, sadly it's often like that with Maiden I think... Although, I still understand why they do it. It's because "it's Maiden", so even if they say it's bad, it can't be THAT bad, "because it's Maiden". And they DO have a point, I must say... I'm like that when I review/talk about certain albums. So what they're saying is simply that it's not the best the band has done, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

H1T_That
08-30-2006, 11:00 AM
I'll be getting the album sometime this week. Possibly later today, or tomorrow.

Marco
08-30-2006, 12:00 PM
I just got it and......it's awesome!!!

mrconeman
08-30-2006, 02:37 PM
I wasn't hugely fond of Reiancarnation of Benjamin Breeg.
But hearing it in context with the album its awesome, seriously people, the album's great, its the first in awhile that I can say really has not a single bad track.

H1T_That
08-31-2006, 12:10 PM
Got the album today, listened to a few tracks. Its pretty good.