PDA

View Full Version : I have officially attained nerd status...

Betty
08-30-2006, 02:01 AM
... according to my sister.

So I figure I can mostly cancel out my being a bigtime Chemistry-studying nerd by doing other "cool" things... sports, rock 'n' roll, mass alcohol consumption, etc. Nobody'd suspect a thing.

However, apparently my newfound hobby has propelled me into ultra-nerd status, possibly to the point of concern.

It all started when I got a new digital camera and the first thing I decided to take a picture of was this little itsy bitsy spider (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Bathroomspider.jpg) in my bathroom and it turned out fucking cool. Then whenever I'd find a spider, I'd make a point of photographing (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Bigspideroncarpet.jpg) it (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Pancakerockspider.jpg) . REALLY (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Hugehallwayspider.jpg) COOL (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Spideronbedroomwall.jpg) .

So on Sunday I went out with an old friend to the waterfront in the deserted downtown core of my hometown. Smoked a joint and then decided to sit in this triangle dome thingey. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/IMG_0700.jpg) Holy shit, this place was spider kingdom. There must have been literally at least a hundred, if not a thousand, of the little eight-legged creatures in this place, crouched in their webs, waiting to dangle down on their silky threads and land on your shoulder. Needless to say, in our current condition, it was fucking freaky. We didn't stay there for very long.

That night I dreamed of giant, flying spiders everywhere in my house and garage and yard for what felt like hours. They were SO FAST and they FLEW. It was terrifying.

I had to go back with my camera.

So tonight I dragged my sister out there and I documented the spiders for a good half an hour. The people walking by must have thought I was a total freak. But the photos turned out really awesome because it was dark out and most of them were in these beautiful webs. The only tricky part is that it was harder to focus since the wind was blowing the webs around and it was dark. But I got some seriously fantastic photos, here's a little sampling, courteously hidden behind links:

Number 1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/IMG_0676.jpg)
Number 1 Close Up (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Triangledomespider.jpg)
Number 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Triangledomespiderwithweb.jpg)
Number 2 Close Up (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Triangledomespider6.jpg)
Upside Down (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Triangledomespider2.jpg)
Another Fun Close Up (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Triangledomespider3.jpg)

Admittedly a little weird.

Feel free to discuss spiders, photography, other closet nerdy hobbies, etc.

Sin Studly
08-30-2006, 02:23 AM
It's not nerdy until you learn the names of all those spiders and hope to discover a new type.

Tijs
08-30-2006, 02:30 AM
Spiders look awesome. Though while camping, I ran out of the tent at about 3.30AM screaming and yelling in my boxers because of HUGE spider in a corner of my tent. I was staying at the family-part of the camping. That was kinda embarrassing.

the_GoDdEsS
08-30-2006, 03:33 AM
My people traditionally believed spiders in house used to bring good luck so they did not kill them. I can't say I find spiders cute or interesting, but at the same time they don't scare me and I don't scream or freak out when one is crawling somewhere on me. Plus, our spiders are harmless and don't even bite.

Tigger Army
08-30-2006, 03:54 AM
My people traditionally believed spiders in house used to bring good luck so they did not kill them. I can't say I find spiders cute or interesting, but at the same time they don't scare me and I don't scream or freak out when one is crawling somewhere on me. Plus, our spiders are harmless and don't even bite.

As should be the one Tijs had crawling over him unless he was in a foreign country.

Vera
08-30-2006, 03:56 AM
I foresee Spiders on a Plane.

Okay, just kidding. And dude, that's a cute hobby, unique but definitely not weird or geeky to me. Happy spiderspotting to you. I think that's a pretty neat thing to collect, because while it's not exactly useful, it's capturing experiences you've had with spiders so it's not completely useless like collecting Coke bottles or buttons (nothing personal about buttons, but at least you took the pictures yourself and saw the spiders with your own two eyes).

In the meantime, if you want weird, plz come visit my room and all the Indian film DVDs that're just all over the friggin' place.

Sin Studly
08-30-2006, 06:14 AM
I'm afraid of spiders. :(

Preocupado
08-30-2006, 10:03 AM
It's not nerdy until you learn the names of all those spiders and hope to discover a new type.

Wich could be the productive thing to do. Otherwise, collections can become a ritual of attachment to useless junk.

On spiders, i get the damn shivers and muscular contractions when i unexpectedly bump into one.

This is the Phoneutria spp., the brazillian Armadeira:
http://www.ib.usp.br/ceo/images/phoneut.jpg

It's very aggressive, venomous, and shit scary. It's usually almost the size of a hand. It behaves like the one they cage in a glass at the movie Arachnophobia - You take a step towards it, and it turns to you and arms itself, like in that picture. And fucking jumps!

So, there's a swamp next to my university's students dormitory, and theres a focus of armadeiras in there. My cousin lives there and he told me about his unpleasant encounters with those, inside the dorm. I'll try to take a picture of one next time i get there.

Endymion
08-30-2006, 10:12 AM
http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/classic/1103056648548.gif

T-6005
08-30-2006, 10:51 AM
I hate spiders with a passion. And most other arachnids or insects, as well.

Betty
08-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Sim, I don't know if we believe spiders are good luck per se, but the superstition is that killing them will bring bad luck, or rain maybe? I don't pay too much attention to the superstitions, I mostly don't like killing them just because of the squishy feeling/sound.

My most terrifying spider experience is when I was younger, maybe 10-ish, and we were in the woods and decided to take a "short cut" with my family and we ended up getting lost in this total swamp. Then I looked down and right on my chest there was this massive orange and white striped spider. I screamed. Scarred for life.

Sanni, I will not deny that the Bollywood hobby is probably much nerdier than this, ha. I have had numerous silly collections though, that I've never really gotten rid of. I collected foreign coins (cause you can't just throw them away!) I used to collect beer caps pretty avidly, still can't always resist the urge to pocket them when I see them lying around. I have a Samuel Adams cap on my desk beside my laptop right now that I pocketed. I think the biggest problem with that is that they'll all end up rusting.

0r4ng3
08-30-2006, 11:22 AM
I hate spiders with a passion. And most other arachnids or insects, as well.
Only insect I've ever had a problem with is bees. Those things are scary as hell sometimes, and they can actually kill.

I'm pretty sure they would be more deadly on a plane, because you can't exactly build a barrier.

Endymion
08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
roaches freak me the fuck out. luckily my apartment doesn't have any (yay for paying a few hundred more a month than the slightly slummier places around here)

JohnnyNemesis
08-30-2006, 12:19 PM
I think spiders are neat as hell, and this is a cool hobby. But you were officially a nerd LONG before you started documenting your encounters with these bugs (chemistry for the lolz).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/Spiders/Triangledomespider.jpg

This one is cool as all fuck.

Sunny
08-30-2006, 12:40 PM
spiders are nifty little guys. i don't like gross crawly things, but i don't mind spiders for some reason. maybe cause killing them is bad luck ;p

that little guy you took pictures of has a pretty nice web.

Betty
08-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Heh, I saw your reply in this thread Magdalena and I thought Sunny = font nerd. I almost considered asking for your expert advice a while back when I was doing my poster designing.

Llamas
08-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Only insect I've ever had a problem with is bees. Those things are scary as hell sometimes, and they can actually kill.

I'm pretty sure they would be more deadly on a plane, because you can't exactly build a barrier.

A couple technical issues about your post (yes, I'm nerding out here).
1. spiders aren't insects... so they're not really comparable. I personally am not afraid of any insect other than wasps, but I am not a fan of spiders or centipedes.

2. Bees can only sting you once, and are very, very non-aggressive. They will only sting if trapped. Anything that can sting multiple times, and attacks without being instigated is not a bee. Wasps are the ones that are usually responsible, and are lower in the evolutionary tree. They're not in the same order as bees (or is it class?), and the reason they are so deadly/ferocious is because their brains are very underdeveloped. Bees are smart and know how to discern for themselves what to sting... wasps and other such "bees" are told by the queen to sting everything, so they do. Plus, bees have weak stingers that can only sting once. Most bees die after they sting a human, because their stingers are weak and either get shoved into the bee's organs, or are pulled out and left in the human's skin.

Regardless, wasps would be very dangerous on a plane... especially if people were allergic to them. But they would freak out if they were enclosed in a plane, and would start going mad and stinging everyone...

...and betty, you can officially stop feeling like a nerd. :-P

Paint_It_Black
08-31-2006, 10:30 AM
If bees are higher than wasps on the evolutionary tree then I find it highly amusing that they evolved into such pussies. How does it make any evolutionary sense to go from being able to make multiple attacks to only being able to make one pathetic suicide attack? Apparently bees evolved into Muslims.

Oh, and insects are certainly comparable to arachnids. How the hell could they not be comparable?

Llamas
08-31-2006, 10:34 AM
as for the insects/arachnids thing... I just pointed it out cause someone said "I hate spiders" and he said "the only insect I hate is the bee"... but whatever, I was just being nit-picky.

The stinger on bees compared to wasps... well that's completely different. Bees have a more complex bodily structure than wasps. Wasps are small and dense and have less going on inside them. Bees have more going on and are more delecate, plus they evolved to be a more passive creature than wasps. The stinger didn't evolve... it's the same ol' stinger... their bodies just changed.

Paint_It_Black
08-31-2006, 10:37 AM
But still, the wasps are more efficient and simply better in every way.

Wasps and ants ftw.

Tired_Of_You
08-31-2006, 10:37 AM
They just evolved differently. They are not lower in the in the evolutionary tree.

I could've misundertood your point, though. My English is poop.

Paint_It_Black
08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
They just evolved differently. They are not lower in the in the evolutionary tree.

You sure? I'm pretty sure that wasps have been around for a lot longer than bees.

And your english is excellent, so stop being a silly-poo.

randman21
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I don't like spiders at all, but they don't creep me out as much as bees/wasps/etc and roaches.

And, Betty, I think your stuff is great.

Llamas
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
"Bees (a lineage within the superfamily Apoidea) are flying insects, closely related to wasps and ants."

"Bees, like ants, are essentially a highly specialized form of wasp. While the first definite fossil bees date from only forty million years ago, there is genetic and partial fossil evidence that they evolved alongside flowers, at least 140 million years ago."

Even ants are higher evolved than wasps... ants and bees ftw ;)

Tired_Of_You
08-31-2006, 10:44 AM
I read the same thing, like 20 seconds ago and was going to post it too. Hah. Oh well, I don't know much about wasps and bees, since I tend to avoid them.

Richard : Thanks. My English is semi-poo. :p

Sin Studly
08-31-2006, 10:47 AM
I hate Europeans who claim not to be afraid of snakes and spiders.

I hate Europeans even more if they are afraid of snakes and spiders.

Paint_It_Black
08-31-2006, 10:47 AM
More evolved does not have to mean better. Wasps are badass motherfuckers, just like sharks. You don't need to be evolving when you've already got it right.

Paint_It_Black
08-31-2006, 10:49 AM
I hate Europeans who claim not to be afraid of snakes and spiders.

You hate us because we don't live in a fucking hell-hole where we have to be afraid of snakes and spiders. It's called jealousy.

Llamas
08-31-2006, 10:52 AM
well... wasps have to work way harder to survive. bees have much more relaxed lifestyles, plus they live a lot longer. A worker bee lives over a month, while a worker wasp lives about 2, maybe 3, weeks.

Paint_It_Black
08-31-2006, 10:58 AM
A worker bee lives over a month

Unless it encounters a situation in which its life is in jeopardy and it needs to defend itself, at which point it commits suicide. Besides, life isn't about living as long as possible. If it is then we're inferior to some damn turtles.

And the lifespan of a worker bee isn't really all that important since it's the colony that matters.

Llamas
08-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Unless it encounters a situation in which its life is in jeopardy and it needs to defend itself, at which point it commits suicide. Besides, life isn't about living as long as possible. If it is then we're inferior to some damn turtles.

And the lifespan of a worker bee isn't really all that important since it's the colony that matters.

well, the colony consists of a queen, drones that live about a day, and worker bees.

plus, the AVERAGE lifespan of a worker bee is over a month, and the AVERAGE of a wasp is 2-3 weeks. Wasps are dumb and start shit with things they can't compete with. They sting any carnivorous mammal, they're pretty much gonna be dead. I saw enough wasps start shit with my dog. She could probably make an entire diet off wasps that stung/tried to sting her. Since bees don't go around stinging everything, they aren't attacked very often.

Sin Studly
08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
You hate us because we don't live in a fucking hell-hole where we have to be afraid of snakes and spiders.

:(

I know. I honestly don't ask for much when it comes to a nation of residence, but I do ask that it be relatively free of necrotising arachniditus, paralysis ticks, and abo-niggers.

*sighs*

Sin Studly
08-31-2006, 12:46 PM
well, the colony consists of a queen, drones that live about a day, and worker bees.

plus, the AVERAGE lifespan of a worker bee is over a month, and the AVERAGE of a wasp is 2-3 weeks. Wasps are dumb and start shit with things they can't compete with. They sting any carnivorous mammal, they're pretty much gonna be dead. I saw enough wasps start shit with my dog. She could probably make an entire diet off wasps that stung/tried to sting her. Since bees don't go around stinging everything, they aren't attacked very often.

Wasps are more advanced. In Australia, wasps are to be feared by humans, because they are extremely lethal.

Llamas
08-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Wasps are more advanced. In Australia, wasps are to be feared by humans, because they are extremely lethal.

umm we also fear jellyfish, and jellyfish are at the way bottom of the evolutionary tree.

Sunny
08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
jellyfish are terrifying to me. seriously.

Sin Studly
08-31-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm also terrified of jellyfish.

Because they fucking kill us.

Sunny
08-31-2006, 12:54 PM
i'm never going to australia. not even for the koala bear cuddles.

can one australian wasp kill a fully grown human being?

Llamas
08-31-2006, 12:54 PM
oh for sure, jellyfish are scary as hell. it doesn't mean they are developed, though. They don't even display any cephalization and their nerve nets are awful. They can kill us, but it doesn't mean they are developed at all. You seem to be confusing poisonous body parts with evolution.

Sin Studly
08-31-2006, 12:59 PM
No. The wasps that kill people here are exactly the same as your wasps. We even call them the 'European Wasp'. I think in Europe they're called yellowjackets or hornets or something.

The only reason they're lethal is because they don't die off in the winter, like they do in Europe. Which means their nest ends up 3-4 metres across, and they get massively overpopulated. At which point something sparks in their tiny little brains, and a huge population of them fly off and go on a killing rampage, and sting any living thing they find over and over and over again until it dies.

Naturally, when we see one of them flying around we all go apeshit and drop whatever we're doing and chase it around and say "omg omg omg EUROPEAN WASP omg omg omg!" and follow it until we find the nest, and then we have the council drive in and gas them like Jews.

And koalas aren't as bad as drop bears :P

http://www.bloggerheads.com/images/dropbear.jpg

And illovelamas, I don't give a fuck about evolution. The jellyfish is capable of killing me. The sheep is capable of making a tasty main course. I know which one I consider more advanced.

Sunny
08-31-2006, 01:05 PM
ah. well. that doesn't sound too good. i know people consider them dangerous in the summer... i don't wanna imagine what it's like when they go bonkers and go on a killing spree.

and smoking them out is a pretty common practice in the country, too.

Sin Studly
08-31-2006, 01:11 PM
I exaggerate when I say how terrified I am of all this stuff.

I'm only seriously terrified of the spiders that give necrotising diseases.

0r4ng3
08-31-2006, 01:17 PM
I should have corrected myself. I'm afraid of wasps especially, but I dislike bees because they are sometimes easily mistaken for wasps.

killer_queen
08-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Any kind of insects freak me out. I wasn't like this when I was a tiny, little, cute kid and I don't know when it started. =/

I love those big, hairy, slow moving spiders though. And bees. Hairy animals aren't scary.

the_GoDdEsS
08-31-2006, 01:33 PM
This summer I'm a wasp killer. Two a day. The nasties must have a nest somewhere near here. Grrrz.

Llamas
08-31-2006, 01:48 PM
I love insects. Last year I worked in an entomology lab. I was in charge of the greenhouse. Basically, I grew and took care of plants for insects to eat. It was kind of complicated, because I had to grow the plants without any pesticide or anything, but I had to keep them free of insects while they were in the GH. Once they were in the quarantine lab, they were covered in insects for food.

I mostly dealt with parasitic wasps, aphid, lacewings, harmonia ladybeetles, fungus gnats, and one other thing that looked the same. I would just hang out in the greenhouse, not working, just watching the behavior of all the various insects. I also got to suck the parasitic wasps through a mouth aspirator. That was frightening, yet amazingly cool.

Nina
08-31-2006, 03:39 PM
I hate insects, spiders, bugs, spiders, wasps, spiders, insects.
I am horribly disgusted when any of these are near me. However I dont freak out ...I litterally collapse inside and try to get away as fast as possible.. That's kinda a bad thing. Maybe I should start screaming :[
However, I cant stop staring. Whenever I see a spider I have to have an eye on it and know exactly what it does until I know how to take care of its presense.
Uuughh.

Tigger Army
08-31-2006, 03:47 PM
that's kind of a healthy habbit (or call it instinct) though. Granted most insects/spiders you'll see will be harmless but still.

Nina
08-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah but the thing is, the longer I look at it, the more disgusted I am.
:(
just like that goddamn movie in your avatar.
SOB.

Tigger Army
08-31-2006, 04:02 PM
hehe, you've seen it? Doesn't seem to be your type movie. No surprise there

Nina
08-31-2006, 04:07 PM
I was very young when I watched it. 10 or 12 years old.
I really shouldnt have. But who knew it would turn out to be a MONSTER SPIDER?!

Tigger Army
08-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Maybe you should read the book. Then you'll find out it isn't really a spider anyway ;)

Nina
08-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Now I'm lost.
I dont like King anyway so I wont read it. :/
(please tell me I remember correctly and it IS King. I'm too lazy to google).

Llamas
08-31-2006, 04:32 PM
I hate insects, spiders, bugs, spiders, wasps, spiders, insects.
I am horribly disgusted when any of these are near me. However I dont freak out ...I litterally collapse inside and try to get away as fast as possible.. That's kinda a bad thing. Maybe I should start screaming :[
However, I cant stop staring. Whenever I see a spider I have to have an eye on it and know exactly what it does until I know how to take care of its presense.
Uuughh.

is there a reason, or is it irrational? do you freak out at ANY insect, or only commonly scary ones? The only "bug" that freaks me out are centipedes. I'd probably be scared of scorpions, too, if they were in my house.

Tigger Army
08-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Now I'm lost.
I dont like King anyway so I wont read it. :/
(please tell me I remember correctly and it IS King. I'm too lazy to google).

oh you're completely correct, really you are. What I was saying is that the ending in the book is quite different from the movie, though the scene with the spider does exist to certain extend in the book aswell.

Ninty Man
08-31-2006, 05:33 PM
I dislike Spiders... I'm arachnophobyc.. but I like Spiderman XD

Paint_It_Black
08-31-2006, 08:44 PM
The only reason they're lethal is because they don't die off in the winter, like they do in Europe. Which means their nest ends up 3-4 metres across, and they get massively overpopulated. At which point something sparks in their tiny little brains, and a huge population of them fly off and go on a killing rampage, and sting any living thing they find over and over and over again until it dies.

Hornets are evil little bastards.

I'm beginning to wonder how any of you Australians actually manage to survive with all those insects, animals, sharks, abo's, and Chopper. No wonder you're all fucking crazy I suppose.

I love insects. Last year I worked in an entomology lab...

I'm basically envious of everything you said in that post. I also love insects, or rather I'm fascinated by them.

Sin Studly
09-01-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm beginning to wonder how any of you Australians actually manage to survive with all those insects, animals, sharks, abo's, and Chopper. No wonder you're all fucking crazy I suppose.

We drink until we have enough preservatives coursing through our veins that we will never die.

Vera
09-01-2006, 02:15 AM
To be honest, I just dislike most things that are alive.

Sinister
09-01-2006, 06:10 AM
insects are fun because you can be cruel (trapping a wasp in a bottle for example) and they basically can't fight back.

Paint_It_Black
09-01-2006, 06:13 AM
insects are fun because you can be cruel (trapping a wasp in a bottle for example) and they basically can't fight back.

That's pretty fucked up. Do you get bullied a lot or something?

Sin Studly
09-01-2006, 06:14 AM
Jesus Christ, what the fuck? Sinister..... just..... ugh......

You're fucked up.

Whiplash
09-01-2006, 07:58 AM

Try trapping a hornet "hero"! His sting feels just like getting stabbed.

Preocupado
09-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Meh, cruelty against insects is quite ok if you ask me.

Whiplash
09-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Its a living thing, I'm not going to cry if i step in an ant but i'm not going to tare of bee wings to get my kicks. Thats just wrong.

Preocupado
09-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Man, i've been to Tibet and i have talked to buddhist monks about this thing of killing living things and, really man, not even the monks mind that stuff so much.

Sin Studly
09-01-2006, 09:09 AM
It's not that I give a fuck. If a puppy gets skinned alive, I don't give a fuck, provided it's not my puppy. And if the guy skinning it is planning to make two dolla selling its pelt, then good luck to him. I wish him the best, I hope he sells it for three dolla, etc.

It's just that torturing animals for no reason exhibits what a sick fucking human being Sinister is, crying out for negative attention. When I am King, his kind will be first to the gallows.

Preocupado
09-01-2006, 09:23 AM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/ewaxewax/4c61512f.jpg
From left to right: Matheus, Lucas, Goenka, Me

When i asked Goenka about the issue, he, pointing to his chest, said that we should concentrate on the anapana-sati (awareness of breathing) and pay attention to the air entering cold and leaving warm, and that if we were dedicated to this, we would liberate the obstacles of anxiety, anger, doubt, sexual desire and lazyness. We would be tranquil and happy people. If not, just step on a bug.

Whiplash
09-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Man, i've been to Tibet and i have talked to buddhist monks about this thing of killing living things and, really man, not even the monks mind that stuff so much.

But you have to agree with that killing things just to get off is sick.

Preocupado
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Not if your feet are free from our civilization's barriers, such as shoes. Then you step on the insect and become the body of that reincarnated body you just recycled.

Whiplash
09-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Lay of the green stuff.

I still think torture is sick, Be it on animals or humans.

Paint_It_Black
09-01-2006, 09:36 AM
It's just that torturing animals for no reason exhibits what a sick fucking human being Sinister is, crying out for negative attention. When I am King, his kind will be first to the gallows.

I was fully taking you seriously until the end there.

Preocupado
09-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Lay of the green stuff.

I still think torture is sick, Be it on animals or humans.

Goenka says that if one rejects the anapana-sati with scorn, he must have killed a shit load of bugs for "fun" aswell. Did you ever kill bugs for "fun" when you were newer in the cycle of life?

Whiplash
09-01-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm sure I have when I was at a more tender age. But i don't really remember now.

Sunny
09-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Preocupado, my understanding was that you're not supposed to put your being before anybody else's, and have consideration and compassion for all living things. so... uh?

and Sinister needs to pick on something bigger than his pinky finger. try an angry pitbull, for one. now that's a fight i'd like to see.

Preocupado
09-01-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm sure I have when I was at a more tender age. But i don't really remember now.

Kids at a tender age are sick and cruel?

Whiplash
09-01-2006, 10:07 AM
I din't say that.

Sunny: I'd pay to c that fight.

Preocupado
09-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Preocupado, my understanding was that you're not supposed to put your being before anybody else's, and have consideration and compassion for all living things. so... uh?

So... be at ease.

I din't say that.

Yes you did. Goenka hates you and he hopes you swallow a bee while trying the anapana-sati.

Sin Studly
09-01-2006, 11:17 AM
try an angry pitbull, for one. now that's a fight i'd like to see.

Pitbulls don't get angry. They only have three moods, murderous, quiet, and murderously quiet.

Sinister
09-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Jeez, I never thought my post would get such a fucking big reaction. I really don't know what to say except you're all WAY over-reacting if you're serious.

Paint_It_Black
09-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Jeez, I never thought my post would get such a fucking big reaction.

Yes, I can understand that, considering how utterly un-noticed your posts usually are. This is what it feels like to have people pay attention. I wouldn't suggest becoming accustomed to it.

Sin Studly
09-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Bundy's parents did nothing because they didn't want to 'over-react', too.

Sinister
09-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Yes, I can understand that, considering how utterly un-noticed your posts usually are. This is what it feels like to have people pay attention. I wouldn't suggest becoming accustomed to it.
Hell, I'd rather have nobody give a fuck than what's going on now. I never meant to get the reaction I got

Bundy's parents did nothing because they didn't want to 'over-react', too.
I'll have to get info on that Bundy later (for some reason the name doesn't ring a bell) since I gotta go, but what the fuck does it have to do with the current situation anyway ?

Paint_It_Black
09-01-2006, 12:59 PM
I'll have to get info on that Bundy later (for some reason the name doesn't ring a bell) since I gotta go, but what the fuck does it have to do with the current situation anyway ?

You never heard of Bundy? Hear you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Bundy

Read all that and you should understand the relevance.

Sinister
09-01-2006, 01:07 PM
I just read the Wikipedia article about TED Bundy (as the Al Bundy your link sends to is a fictional character), and I understand he was one of the sickest persons ever to live. However, I have no intention of walking in his tracks. What the hell would it bring me anyway ?

Jeez, this situation is the biggest over-reaction EVER.

Paint_It_Black
09-01-2006, 01:27 PM
However, I have no intention of walking in his tracks. What the hell would it bring me anyway ?

Attention, gratification, maybe even some weak substitute for love?

Sinister
09-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Attention, gratification, maybe even some weak substitute for love?

I don't need more of that than what I already have.

SkunkIt
09-01-2006, 03:41 PM
I really didn't dislike spiders that much, except the huge ones that go in my garage and backyard, but recently I saw that there is a brown spider that can bite you and have something eat your flesh. They showed a guy like that in the hospital, who had his calf muscle removed, because the flesh was eaten. So now I freak out when I see a spider or am very caucious.

Sin Studly
09-02-2006, 12:32 AM

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

Offspring-Junkie
09-02-2006, 03:56 AM

They overreact, don't bother them! Just step on some more ants or something! You know what my brother did? I got some anti-mosquito spray you have to put on your skin, then because of some reason they cannot sit on your skin. Don't know if it burns like hell to them or if they can't breath, but they don't touch you anymore! So what did my brother do? He saw a stupid fat fly on the window that couldn't find a way out(they're very stupid). He sprayed that stuff on the fly and it immediately fell down and turned upside down, moving panicly with its legs. After a view seconds that piece of shit (it was big) died. That was very funny to watch, but keep in mind: I don't torture them regularly, now I've got a huge net over my window so they won't fly into the flat!

Paint_It_Black
09-02-2006, 04:44 AM
Jeez, this situation is the biggest over-reaction EVER.

Simon, you're the only one that over reacted to all this.