PDA

View Full Version : "easy" songs you can't play.

DeAtHsTaR
09-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Everyone's got 'em. Share.

For me, the last 7 notes of the bass line to Longview by Green day give me trouble.

no_way
09-01-2006, 06:18 PM
"Back in Black" by AC/DC. It should be easy for me, but I can't get it right.

T-6005
09-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Time of Your Life.

I wish I was kidding, but it's true. I generally don't learn songs, but I can tell you that my skill level is far, far above what it should be to play that song - somehow, though, I just can't seem to play it.

Maybe I subconsciously hate it.

0r4ng3
09-01-2006, 08:34 PM
The solo from The Kids Aren't Alright.

Sure, it sounds simple, but after I try to play it, it never sounds right, and I just give up after a while.

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-01-2006, 08:44 PM
I can't play Whiplash by Metallica, :'(

Jebus
09-01-2006, 08:46 PM
I could play the solo from TKAA, but I still can't play the freaken intro correctly!

All About Eve
09-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Every song that's not Vultures, Want You Bad, Juicy, Slide, or Dirty Magic.

Professor Chaos
09-01-2006, 09:14 PM
There are a lot... Most of them are songs that require a pick. I'm horrible at keeping rythm with picks.

opivy21
09-01-2006, 09:15 PM
I don't know about easy songs that I can't play, but I do know that I'm way behind where I should be for the amount of time I've been playing.

Edit: I'm not saying I can play all the easy songs. Hell, I play everything sloppy, no matter how easy it is.

The meaning of life
09-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Basket case by green day i can't get the fucking rythme with palm mute and normal chords...
there a couple more but can't remember now..

Thomas
09-02-2006, 01:41 AM
For some reason, it took me a ridiculously long time to learn Can't Repeat. I think it's the constant hi-hat foot pattern that kept throwing me off. I can play it now, though.

Marco
09-02-2006, 02:21 AM
The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden....

Whiplash
09-02-2006, 02:48 AM
I could have lied - RHCP I just can't get the solo its close its very close but not queit there yet.

PhoeniX_0
09-02-2006, 03:15 AM
I can't learn anything by Dragonforce....an I doubt I'll ever will

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
09-02-2006, 04:53 AM
I could play the solo from TKAA, but I still can't play the freaken intro correctly!

Same here... the intro is just fricken annoying... :confused:

Edit: I take this back... I learnt it now :D ... But stretching my fingers for it still sometimes get's 'fricken annoying'.

NachoS_Ixnay
09-02-2006, 07:05 AM
I can't play the bass on Throw Away Your Television by the RHCP, i know it isn't so hard, but i can't figure out the rhythm :mad:

0r4ng3
09-02-2006, 08:57 AM
I can't learn anything by Dragonforce....an I doubt I'll ever willYeah, but those songs aren't easy.

Same here... the intro is just fricken annoying... :confused:Really? I have the intro down perfect. The solo is the problem with me.

killer_queen
09-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Mozart's Turkish March.

It must be easy for someone talented like me (yes, I've just complimented myself, sofuckingwhat?) should play it perfectly but nooooo, the second part sounds like a disaster.

ofsmurfsandpixies
09-02-2006, 09:49 AM
I can't learn anything by Dragonforce....an I doubt I'll ever will

both their guitarists are fucking amazing

FrancoDaHui
09-02-2006, 12:49 PM
The solo from The Kids Aren't Alright.

Sure, it sounds simple, but after I try to play it, it never sounds right, and I just give up after a while.

same here

and the solo from you've got a chance by bad religion

PhoeniX_0
09-02-2006, 03:32 PM
It also took me loads of time to learn The Noose , tho I'm getting better at playing it I still miss notes alot of times

Andy
09-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I have difficulty with Back In Black (on the drums). It's the easiest song EVER to play, but that's what causes me trouble, I naturally get bored of keeping that one 4/4 beat going and always end up following the guitar with my bass. I'm sure the other drummers out there know what I mean.

FrancoDaHui
09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
It also took me loads of time to learn The Noose , tho I'm getting better at playing it I still miss notes alot of times

that song took me like 3 months to learn, but now it's one of the easiest songs to play, just keep trying

H1T_That
09-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Not really an instrument, but when i used to sing in a band, i could never get the timing right on Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes.

dexguitar
09-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Well, i can say that i do not have any difficulties at all REALLY. Offspring songs are EXTREMELY easy. But what i really SOMETIMES get wrong are perhaps some solos like metallica's or iron maiden's (i mean the hardest parts, not like the first part of the solo in "the wicker man"). And about basket case i can say that personally i do not play it like billie joe does. I do it in my own style and everything sounds fine. So as you see , manic subsidal, you just have to add a bit of yourself to the song. Do not just COPY your coumirs. P/s: i suppose, billie didn't even think of making some particular order while composing. His strums are random - that's 99,9% for sure!

Marco
09-03-2006, 10:56 AM
With the drums I can't get Long Way Home right.....
Guitar I just realized how it's difficult to play stiff upper lip while singing...
Bass....nothing is very difficult...

offspring dude
09-09-2006, 08:35 AM

then you havent yet listened to some true good bass riffs.

i find the bassline for readymade on stadium arcadium mars rhcp really hard cuz both of my hands get really tired

NachoS_Ixnay
09-09-2006, 09:04 AM

There are a lot of songs that are really hard to play in the bass, like some Victor Wooten's or Flea's

coke_a_holic
09-09-2006, 01:57 PM

You don't listen to enough Primus.

DeAtHsTaR
09-09-2006, 02:04 PM
ZOMG UPDATE: I can now play Longview almost perfect.

Acoustic1804
09-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Million Miles Away..

Is that considered easy or hard though? :confused:

Anyway after much trial and error I still fail to play it in time.

FrancoDaHui
09-09-2006, 08:19 PM
and now i can play heart in a cage by the strokes

Sinister
09-09-2006, 09:00 PM
for some reason I can't seem to get a note right in I Choose on guitar, but I can play the bass part perfectly. Go figure.

Apathy
09-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Everyone's got 'em. Share.

For me, the last 7 notes of the bass line to Longview by Green day give me trouble.

I remember learning that song when i first picked up a bass, and I could never get down that last part

Edit: had a partial tab here, board fucks it up to the point it's unrecognizable.

That whole thing was easy, as was the chorus, but the last little bit always stuck me. Then I lost the tab, every tab I look at now that Mxtabs is defunct is complete shit, and I don't actually own the song, so I'm stuck completely and I never got to learn it now that I'm better.

As for me, American Life by Primus is pissing me off at the moment. Before you say it's not easy, go try to play it. It is a very very simple song as long as you can slap at all. My friend can play it perfect and we're about the same as far as talent goes.

mrconeman
09-09-2006, 09:36 PM
One thing I'm having trouble with at the minute, its not an easy song, but for my standard I should be able to do it, so it kinda fits the thread.
Iron Maiden - Phantom of The Opera.

Theres an interluede when Dave and Adriann do these super-fast picked triplet notes and move them around, I cant pick each note, I have to use pull-offs on the high E string, it sounds exactly the same really, but I kind of feel cheated not playing it the way they do, I'm more of a legato player than staccato, I'm working on my picking though to get that up to scratch, I'm almost there.

Jojan
09-10-2006, 03:00 AM
There's no easy song I don't know
Offspring songs I can play:

Americana
Have You Ever
Pay The Man
She's Got Issues
Staring At The Sun
The Kids Aren't Alright
Walla Walla
All Along
Dammit, I Changed Again
Million Miles Away
One Fine Day
Original Prankster
Want You Bad
Vultures
Burn It Up
Session
Dirty Magic
Forever And A Day
Kick Him When He's Down
L.A.P.D.
Nothing From Something
All I Want
Amazed
Change The World
Cool To Hate
Gone Away
Me & My Old Lady
Mota
The Meaning Of Life
Way Down The Line
Bad Habit
Come Out And Play
Genocide
Gotta Get Away
It'll Be A Long Time
Killboy Powerhead
Nitro (Youth Energy)
Not The One
Self Esteem
Smash
So Alone
What Happend To You?
(Can't Get My) Head Around You
Da Hui
Hit That
Lightning Rod
Long Way Home
Race Against Myself
The Worst Hangover Ever
Beheaded
Demons
Elders
Kill The President
Out On Patrol
Mission From God
Defy You
(Most of the I tabed myself)

Apathy
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Offspring bass is easier than easy. They're a new form of easy, which will now be referred to as Supa-Easay. If you can't play an offspring song on bass, you're probably not having a problem with the song, you're having trouble being capable of playing your instrument at all.

And I disagree, there is an easy song that you don't know how to play, you just haven't come across it yet. Everyone will have such a song.

DeAtHsTaR
09-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Offspring bass is easier than easy. They're a new form of easy, which will now be referred to as Supa-Easay. If you can't play an offspring song on bass, you're probably not having a problem with the song, you're having trouble being capable of playing your instrument at all.

And I disagree, there is an easy song that you don't know how to play, you just haven't come across it yet. Everyone will have such a song.

Offspring bass is easy, but i have problems with the timing of Crossroads and Tehran. You should know what parts I'm referring to.

Llamas
09-10-2006, 11:55 PM
I strangely have a hard time with "race against myself". it's not hard, but I can't do it for some reason.

randman21
09-14-2006, 02:27 PM
The intro guitar from "Under the Bridge" by the Chili Peppers. I've been practicing it for 3 years, but I still can't get it. My pinky sucks...

Apathy
09-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Offspring bass is easy, but i have problems with the timing of Crossroads and Tehran. You should know what parts I'm referring to.

Tehran sucks because it doesn't sound right without using a pick, and I think picks are shitty. Same with Last One out of Liberty City by Less Than Jake. Song is easy as hell, but you can't get it right without using a pick... and I'm about fifty times better with fingers.

T-6005
09-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Tehran sucks because it doesn't sound right without using a pick, and I think picks are shitty. Same with Last One out of Liberty City by Less Than Jake. Song is easy as hell, but you can't get it right without using a pick... and I'm about fifty times better with fingers.
My girlfriend, who I have sex with, prefers picks.

Think on that.

Apathy
09-17-2006, 12:37 PM
My girlfriend, who I have sex with, prefers picks.

Think on that.

Maybe you're not good enough with your fingers.

On her or your bass. :P

0r4ng3
09-17-2006, 12:43 PM
I was trying to think of a pun using "slap bass" or "palm muting", but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Apathy
09-17-2006, 02:47 PM
I'd go with something along the lines of "Slap my (b)Ass! It turns me On!"

barangatang
09-17-2006, 04:11 PM
I could have lied - RHCP I just can't get the solo its close its very close but not queit there yet.

That's a great song, probably one of the only songs where I have the solo down perfectly. The last bit before it goes back into the versus is a little tricky, but if you you just slow it down you'll get there.

Marco
09-18-2006, 12:27 PM
I guess I do...but, that is still pretty easy , for example, compared to guitar songs.

Sinister
09-18-2006, 12:39 PM
After playing for about a year, I'd have thought Fade to Black by Metallica whould be within my abilities. it's not. :(

PS: If you can play it, tell me about how much experience I should need before playing it too.

T-6005
09-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Maybe you're not good enough with your fingers.

On her or your bass. :P
I'm good enough with my fingers.

But I too, prefer picks. Electric guitar doesn't quite have the same feeling of badassitude if you hit with your fingers.

coke_a_holic
09-18-2006, 02:58 PM
If you're playing guitar with your fingers, chances are you're playing a classical song which is much less hardXcore than funk.

Not that funk is hardXcore or anything, it's just moreso than classical.

Jebus
09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
PS: If you can play it, tell me about how much experience I should need before playing it too.
eh, its kind of hard to answer that question because 1 year of experience for one person could equal to 2 years of experience for another.

Even if a certain song is too hard for you, I'd recommend you still try it but learn it at a slower tempo. Then gradually try to play in the correct tempo.

Apathy
09-18-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm good enough with my fingers.

But I too, prefer picks. Electric guitar doesn't quite have the same feeling of badassitude if you hit with your fingers.

Ah, I actually assumed you played bass for some reason.

I can't play with a pick without sounding twice as fast as I need to be and about three times as sloppy.

leibstandarte109
09-19-2006, 10:32 PM

It requires really careful and correctly-timed palm-muting. I had a lot of trouble with this.

Nemesis881
09-23-2006, 06:39 AM
I can easily play the intro to TKAA, but the solo I'm gonna leave to Noodles :D.
It took me a while to figure out the intro to Toxicity by System of a Down. But once you get it it feels great! :cool:

pyromaniac
09-24-2006, 01:37 PM
I can't get the melody right for the beginning of 96 quite bitter beings by CKY...it starts kinda slow-heavy, then speeds up hardcore fast then slows back down all in about 7 seconds.

Conspiracy of One
09-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I can't get the right sound on "Magic Bus" by The Who. It says to capo on the third fret with standard tuning. I do it, but it still doesn't sound right.

mrconeman
09-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Electric guitar doesn't quite have the same feeling of badassitude if you hit with your fingers.

Umm, Mark Knopfler anyone?
You can do anything with your fingers that you can do with a pick if you try hard enough, or are good enough.

If you're playing guitar with your fingers, chances are you're playing a classical song which is much less hardXcore than funk.
Not that funk is hardXcore or anything, it's just moreso than classical.

Lots of genre's use finger picking aswell as classical, but I'm sure you knew that, point is, Classical guitar is infinitely superior to Funk guitar, which is just Jazz's uglier cousin.

Apathy
09-24-2006, 04:09 PM
hrm, I found a decent longview tab and managed to play it perfectly, I'm honestly not sure what gave me trouble before.

Methinks I was just lazy and only wanted to learn the basic part of the song.

Nemesis881
09-24-2006, 04:28 PM
I can't get the melody right for the beginning of 96 quite bitter beings by CKY...it starts kinda slow-heavy, then speeds up hardcore fast then slows back down all in about 7 seconds.

Ya, that guitar part is a little tricky. It took me a while to figure it out. Hell I probebly don't even know how to play it anymore because i'm to lazy to tune down my guitar lol..

offspring dude
09-27-2006, 03:08 PM
i bought the new iron maiden cd and i can play almost evry song on the bass exept 2 or 3 of them. the fingering in brighter than a thousand suns i sso solid, its so fast and nackering, i gotta build up some more muscle in my arm now:mad:

sad_statue_27
10-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Well, there's not any REALLY easy songs I couldnt play with enough time, but theres this one lick in the intro solo to Fade To Black by Metallica that I just cant get.

RobinoZombie
10-08-2006, 12:03 PM

AMEN!

dont know if its easy or hard, but i cant really get the timing and strumming on Primus; My name is mud & Jerry is a racecar driver, i can play them, but it just comes out in bad timing, not sloppy or anything, just bad timing...

German Andres
10-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I can`t get the improvisations of Dirty Magic. I simply can`t get them.

Question: can you say "improvisations"?

Sinister
10-16-2006, 12:05 PM
You could, if you talk about a part that someone plays without thinking about it first. I think what you mean is actually called a solo.

mrconeman
10-16-2006, 12:22 PM
I can`t get the improvisations of Dirty Magic. I simply can`t get them.

Question: can you say "improvisations"?

If you mean the intro thats a riff, if you mean the little higher pitched bits that are all over the song, they are fills/leads, if you mean the even higher pitched bit, thats a solo.

Sinister
10-16-2006, 12:38 PM
for some reason I can't seem to get a note right in I Choose on guitar, but I can play the bass part perfectly. Go figure.
I found a good tab finally, and I can play the rhythm guitar right. Time to try the solo.

German Andres
10-17-2006, 03:49 PM
If you mean the intro thats a riff, if you mean the little higher pitched bits that are all over the song, they are fills/leads, if you mean the even higher pitched bit, thats a solo.

Yes, I wanted to say the fills, thank you for yor comprenhension...

German Andres
10-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Thank you, I didn`t know that "improvisations" was a real word!