PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden

Llamas
09-03-2006, 11:28 PM
I searched to see if anyone made a thread about them before... negative. I've very, very recently gotten into them... I got their "Rock in Rio" cd, stand outs are: Wicker Man, Brave New World, Wrath Child, The Trooper, The Evil That Men Do (my favorite), and the Number of the Beast.

Does anyone have any other Iron Maiden cds they could send me? I don't have much by them other than this cd... Are there any other stand out songs I need to hear? And if you hate Iron Maiden, you have no taste in music. ;)

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-04-2006, 01:02 AM
my signature says it all

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-04-2006, 01:03 AM
the new album totally kicks farkin arse!! Best metal band ever!

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-04-2006, 01:05 AM
I searched to see if anyone made a thread about them before... negative. I've very, very recently gotten into them... I got their "Rock in Rio" cd, stand outs are: Wicker Man, Brave New World, Wrath Child, The Trooper, The Evil That Men Do (my favorite), and the Number of the Beast.

Does anyone have any other Iron Maiden cds they could send me? I don't have much by them other than this cd... Are there any other stand out songs I need to hear? And if you hate Iron Maiden, you have no taste in music. ;)

send me a personal email with your normal email, and ill send you heaps of songs! I got Number of the beast, a matter of life and death, seld titled, somewhere in time

Mannen som blev en gris
09-04-2006, 06:41 AM
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (the one with The Evil That Men Do) and Brave New World (it has Wicker Man & Brave New World) are both very catchy and easy to like, so maybe you should start with them. Their other albums are pretty much equal (though the four without Bruce [singer] are the best, imo. But you probably won't think so since I'm one of the few who does...).
And I can really recommend the Rock in Rio DVD, that was what more or less got me into metal a couple of years ago.
I won't send you anything though. You should buy them. ;p However, you can go to www.ironmaiden.com and listen to 1 minute samples from all songs.

And MSB, please EDIT YOUR POST!

Tigger Army
09-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (the one with The Evil That Men Do) and Brave New World (it has Wicker Man & Brave New World) are both very catchy and easy to like, so maybe you should start with them. Their other albums are pretty much equal (though the four without Bruce [singer] are the best, imo. But you probably won't think so since I'm one of the few who does...).
And I can really recommend the Rock in Rio DVD, that was what more or less got me into metal a couple of years ago.
I won't send you anything though. You should buy them. ;p However, you can go to www.ironmaiden.com and listen to 1 minute samples from all songs.

And MSB, please EDIT YOUR POST!

WOW you truly are the first one I know who prefers Blaze Bailey over Bruce Dickinson!

Not that that is a bad thing

Mannen som blev en gris
09-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Haha, I know, we're few, but there are a couple! I found some in this group at Last.fm (http://www.last.fm/group/The%2BBlaze%2BBayley%2BIron%2BMaiden%2BGroup) too.
To be honest, I really REALLY don't see why people would like Bruce. He just doesn't have any power in his voice. Blaze however... The siiiign of the croooooooooss. Wow. He's just awesome. Maybe not the most talented singer, but he's been blessed with a cool voice.
Di'Anno is just a cool guy. He suits the songs on the first albums, but Bruce is perfect for the style they play now, I suppose.
Although, Bruce is awesome live, I won't deny that.

pretty fly 88
09-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Funny, I could've sworn that several Iron Maiden threads have been done before. Oh well, doesn't matter to me.

I have the Brave New World album, which I like a lot, and I want to get the greatest hits album. I've heard "Run To The Hills" and "The Trooper" on the radio, and I love both songs.

Amiralanal
09-04-2006, 08:26 AM
in sweden, iron maiden has a following that almost can be compared to religion.

Andy
09-04-2006, 09:15 AM
All I can say is, Run to the hills (buda buda bummm, buda buda bummm bummm), run for your life (budabudabudabudabudabudabuda)

Zee
03-10-2007, 12:00 PM
What do you guys think of this Iron Maiden performance that was on our Idols? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QVJ9UwwYwU

Dickinson even dedicated that song to the singer above at their Dubai gig.

Llamas
03-10-2007, 12:04 PM
...the video has been removed.

Zee
03-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Alright, this should do it... at least for a while: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VB6iATM0

Llamas
03-10-2007, 12:09 PM
...they sound so uninspired. There's no power or force behind it, especially the singer. He doesn't sound like he's really comfortable or into it. Meh.

Edit: you're from Finland? haha, I've recently learned some Finnish. :) Kiitos for posting the video! :P

Zee
03-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Okay. It's still funny how Dickinson said that this goes for Ari (the singer on that vid) and played The Evil That Men Do. I wonder where did he hear of the guy.

Yeah, I'm from Finland. Ole hyvä. ;)

Forza
03-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Their first album, with Paul Di'anno, is really good. Such a nice oldschool sound and you gotta love the solos. For some reason I always listen this cd when I'm studying math .. and it works quite well. This album has the biggest Deep Purple influence of all their albums. (And Deep Purple rocks)

Llamas
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Okay. It's still funny how Dickinson said that this goes for Ari (the singer on that vid) and played The Evil That Men Do. I wonder where did he hear of the guy.

Yeah, I'm from Finland. Ole hyvä. ;)

Yeah, I bet Bruce was just really flattered that his song was covered for an Idol show. :) I know I would be. I dunno how he heard of him, though.

mrconeman
03-10-2007, 02:45 PM
*hand up*
Giant Maiden fan and that. Seen them live in December, it actually was the best thing I've ever done. Even though the set wasn't what I would have chosen it was still amazing.

I don't have all their albums here, I have most of my collection with me though, if you still need/want I could upload some.

Other standout songs?...heh. You will come to find that Iron Maiden are a band on which absolutely every album they have done there is songs that you could class as amazing. In fact, I'd struggle to name truely bad Iron Maiden songs. (Not really including the Blaze Bailey era of the band, they had some bad ones then, but some great ones too)

...I'm not some crazed fan boy either, they genuinely are a fan-bloody-tastic band.

Rock in Rio, I'm convinced is their best live recorded gig, it's fantastic ain't it?
Seeing as this is what you've heard so far, I'll go ahead and guess you'll like the Bruce Dickinson fronted albums alot more than others. If you have an album in mind and I have it I'll upload it, or I could recommend one and upload it, or whatever. I should probably mention that Rock in Rio was on the tour in support of their "Brave New World" album, so that'd probably interest you.

Llamas
03-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I actually made this thread in September... it just got revived today. Since then, I now own Rock in Rio, The Number of the Beast, Dance of Death, Death on the Road, and A Matter of Life and Death. I'd love to have more, but the dorms in Austria have stupid transfer limits... I'm allowed 15000 MB of transfer per month. So I've been trying to use it sparingly. However, thanks for the offer! Maybe once I get internet without the limit, I'll hit ya up!

mrconeman
03-10-2007, 02:53 PM
I knew this thread couldn't have had so many posts since I didn't see it like yesterday.
I've also just remembered that I seen you talk about AMOLAD a few times too.
Silly me.

Venom Symbiote
03-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Ok, as much as Maiden rock, their first album (the punky one before Number Of The Beast with the first singer) was balls on toast.

Dickinson for the win.

mrconeman
03-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Ok, as much as Maiden rock, their first album (the punky one before Number Of The Beast with the first singer) was balls on toast.

Dickinson for the win.

Actually there was two of those. "Iron Maiden" & "Killers".
Please stop with your elitism it's fucking annoying.
Also, if you can't appreciate songs like "Phantom of The Opera", "Sanctuary", "Transylvania" and "Iron Maiden", you simply aren't an Iron Maiden fan.

Ninty Man
03-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Ok, I like enough Seventh son of a seventh son to look for more Iron albums... and now I own the Number of the beast and Powerslave...

Aces high: ALL THE FUCKING WAY

T-6005
03-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I enjoy Iron Maiden a lot, and I tend to hate bands like that.

I especially enjoy Run To The hills, 2 Minutes to Midnight, and Fear of the Dark.

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-11-2007, 01:23 AM
Their first album, with Paul Di'anno, is really good. Such a nice oldschool sound and you gotta love the solos. For some reason I always listen this cd when I'm studying math .. and it works quite well. This album has the biggest Deep Purple influence of all their albums. (And Deep Purple rocks)

I used to love their solos from the first two albums but now I think they're lame :'(

H1T_That
03-11-2007, 04:53 AM
I'm seeing them heaedline Download festival in june. Should be some good fun.

Llamas
03-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I enjoy Iron Maiden a lot, and I tend to hate bands like that.

This is my exact opinion of them. All other bands of their genre annoy the piss out of me. But Maiden is quite good.

mrconeman
03-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Pretty much. I only like a few metal bands.
Maiden are head and shoulders above the rest though, half the time (especially with newer bands) it's just bands with guitarists trying to sound like Iron Maiden.

Venom Symbiote
03-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Or improving on them, like Iced Earth. :D

bucky01403
03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
The greatest band to have walked this earth, imo of course.

Offspring-Junkie
03-15-2007, 06:28 AM
The greatest band to have walked this earth, imo of course.Greatest Band Ever------->THE OFFSPRING!!! Wrong forum, dude!

Llamas
03-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Greatest Band Ever------->THE OFFSPRING!!! Wrong forum, dude!

You're in the "other bands" forum. Pretty sure it's not the wrong forum. And you can post on the Offspring's website without thinking they're the greatest band ever.

Offspring-Junkie
03-16-2007, 02:44 AM
What's written on the top of this site?? Can you read?? Other bands? I don't think so!!! What do you type to enter this forum? www.offspring.com/forums or www.otherbands.com/forums??? Ok, later on it's off topic>other bands BUT..... in the offspring's forum!!!

Llamas
03-16-2007, 05:48 AM
So? People come to this website, and they're not allowed to like bands that aren't the Offspring? And they're not allowed to talk about the other bands that they like in the "Other Bands" section?

mrconeman
03-16-2007, 09:12 AM
What's written on the top of this site?? Can you read?? Other bands? I don't think so!!! What do you type to enter this forum? www.offspring.com/forums or www.otherbands.com/forums??? Ok, later on it's off topic>other bands BUT..... in the offspring's forum!!!

Die in a horrible manner.

Ninty Man
03-16-2007, 10:35 PM
The greatest band to have walked this earth, imo of course.

Nop, it was Van Halen... and Led Zepellin

Offspring-Junkie
03-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Die in a horrible manner.

m-hm.:rolleyes:

offspring dude
04-09-2007, 03:55 AM
*hand up*
Giant Maiden fan and that. Seen them live in December, it actually was the best thing I've ever done. Even though the set wasn't what I would have chosen it was still amazing.

22nd or 23rd? I went on the 23rd, best thing ever like I expected it to be. I thought the set was a very good choice actually, I always get obssesed with a band's latest album and want them to play all those songs, which is exactly what they did, so thumbs up for that. Would have like them to play more songs after A Matter Of Life And Death though, they only played like 5 after that, thank god there was no Trooper or Number Of The Beast, bored to hell of those things.

edt: sorry I couldn't resist bumping It.

mrconeman
04-09-2007, 06:26 AM
I seen them on the 20th. In Dublin.
And yeah, the set was amazing, amazingly played too. I just would have loved to have seen some Di Anno era songs, Killers, Phantom of The Opera etc.

But yeah, it's still the best gig I've ever seen.

Harnum
04-09-2007, 06:52 AM
Maiden are ok. I'm not a big Maiden fan or even a big metal fan at that. I can listen to them. Not my music but they are good at what they do.