PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson

H1T_That
09-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, he may have touched kids or what ever, but all that shit aside for now.

anyone else like him? I personally think he's a great musician, and i really enjoyed his videography show.

P.S, if anyone comes out with "zomg he iz a peado nd iz shit!!" i'm gonna scream. Serious posts only please. If you dislike his music, have a sensible reason.

Mr. Noodles
09-04-2006, 05:54 PM
His music is great. I love the songs "Billy Jean", "Beat It", and "Thriller".
I don't know a lot of songs, but the ones I've heard, I've really liked.

H1T_That
09-04-2006, 05:57 PM
His music is great. I love the songs "Billy Jean", "Beat It", and "Thriller".
I don't know a lot of songs, but the ones I've heard, I've really liked.

You will have heard others. Smooth Criminal?

you should check out his 'Number Ones' album. I bet not many artists can have an album of 18 songs that all reached number 1 in the charts.

nieh
09-04-2006, 05:57 PM
I used to have Thriller on record when I was little and I listed to it all the time (along with one of the Beach Boys' albums and Flip Wilson). I can't remember the last time I listened to him by choice but he's had his fair share of awesome.

Mr. Noodles
09-04-2006, 05:58 PM
You will have heard others. Smooth Criminal?

you should check out his 'Number Ones' album. I bet not many artists can have an album of 18 songs that all reached number 1 in the charts.

Yeah, I know Smooth Criminal.

I'll check the album out.

H1T_That
09-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I know Smooth Criminal.

I'll check the album out.

It's rather late now, otherwise i would have uploaded the album for you.

Mr. Noodles
09-04-2006, 06:01 PM
It's rather late now, otherwise i would have uploaded the album for you.
That's okay. I just started searching for it anyway.

H1T_That
09-04-2006, 06:02 PM
That's okay. I just started searching for it anyway.

Fair enough.

opivy21
09-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Smooth Criminal is awesome.

H1T_That
09-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Smooth Criminal is awesome.

True, i prefer Blood On The Dancefloor, and Dirty Diana over it, though.

Apathy
09-04-2006, 06:10 PM
You may find this hard to believe, but I have never heard an actual Michael Jackson song.

I've heard parodies making fun of them, and The AAF cover of Smooth Criminal.

Llamas
09-04-2006, 06:23 PM
he's had some catchy songs and smoothe vocals, but I'm not a fan. When I want to hear that type of vocal style, I listen to Hanson. His lyrics are awful, and the music behind the vocals annoys me most of the time. I like the jackson 5 in small doses, though.

Llamas
09-04-2006, 06:24 PM
You may find this hard to believe, but I have never heard an actual Michael Jackson song.

that wasn't a parody, it was a cover.

Thomas
09-04-2006, 06:34 PM

The Beatles?

But yeah, the man is a freak, but a talented freak. I'm not a particular fan of his style of music, though. I'll listen to one or two of his songs every once in a while if they come on the radio or something, though.

opivy21
09-04-2006, 06:35 PM

I do find that hard to believe. You claim to live in the US and you've never heard an actual Michael Jackson song?

Amazing...

That_Guy91
09-04-2006, 06:40 PM
His music touched me in a way i've never been touched before.

Seriously, though, I like what music of his i've heard, but I don't listen to it much.

Apathy
09-04-2006, 06:49 PM
that wasn't a parody, it was a cover.

Admit you screwed up or learn to read.

All About Eve
09-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Dirty Diana, Black and White, Man in the mirror, and Beat It ftw.

That_Guy91
09-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Beat It ftw.

He did.

I really have to stop!

Thomas
09-04-2006, 07:43 PM
He did.

I really have to stop!

lol.

And yes, this really did make me lol in the most literal sense of the meaning.

0r4ng3
09-04-2006, 07:47 PM
P.S, if anyone comes out with "zomg he iz a peado nd iz shit!!" i'm gonna scream.
Ok, fine by me.

zomg hes had plastik sirjury! he usd 2 bee blak but now hes wite!!

Llamas
09-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Admit you screwed up or learn to read.

Yep, I screwed up. Oh well.

the_GoDdEsS
09-04-2006, 11:23 PM
I loved his music when I was 11. And I still like the old hits.

offspring fan
09-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Ok, fine by me.

damn! i was gonna do that.

Llamas
09-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Ok, fine by me.

when I was a bio nerd, my teacher was filming our class every day for her national certification... we were learning about lamaark's theory, that physical traits are inherited... so, of course, I raised my hand, looked at the camera, and said, "So, like, Lamaark would've thought that Michael Jackson would have white kids?"
What a moron that man was.

H1T_That
09-05-2006, 04:25 AM
Ok, fine by me.

....*screams*

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-05-2006, 04:27 AM
Smooth Criminal, Thriller, Beat It, Billy Jene are my fav song by him. He's a talented musician altough he isnt my favourite.

H1T_That
09-05-2006, 04:31 AM
The Beatles?

But yeah, the man is a freak, but a talented freak. I'm not a particular fan of his style of music, though. I'll listen to one or two of his songs every once in a while if they come on the radio or something, though.

Elvis Presley?

As i said, not many, but there are a few.

Apathy
09-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Yep, I screwed up. Oh well.

You're a peach.

Doesn't Michael Jackson hold all the rights to the beatles songs?

coke_a_holic
09-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Regarding the thread's title: Every single person that shares the name can't STAND IT when the e is put before the a. I've been correcting people on that shit since I was like 6 (and it was part of the reason why I started going by Mike). Just know that everytime you spell it Micheal, you drive that Michael into a fit of insanity. It's the truth. Or it's me, either way, it's still annoying.

Regarding the thread: I like it, but it's not something I'd listen to regularly.

0r4ng3
09-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Regarding the thread's title: Every single person that shares the name can't STAND IT when the e is put before the a. I've been correcting people on that shit since I was like 6 (and it was part of the reason why I started going by Mike). Just know that everytime you spell it Micheal, you drive that Michael into a fit of insanity. It's the truth. Or it's me, either way, it's still annoying.
I know exactly what you mean. Ever since I was very young, I've been correcting people on my name, too.

Dammit, it's not spelled "Jessie"! There is no I! Contrary to rumor, I am not a girl!

H1T_That
09-05-2006, 04:34 PM
I get the same problem with my name. Steven and Stephen. Hell, my a-level certificates have the wrong spelling on them.

opivy21
09-05-2006, 05:18 PM
I saw an old episode of the Simpsons today and MJ was a guest voice. It was pretty funny.

Llamas
09-05-2006, 05:52 PM
You're a peach.

Doesn't Michael Jackson hold all the rights to the beatles songs?

a peach? what's that mean?

and yes, he does.

JohnnyNemesis
09-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Beat It and Don't Stop Till You Get Enough are superior. Rock With You and Smooth Criminal for the double win.

Autonomist
09-06-2006, 05:42 AM
Michael Jackson + Quincy Jones ftw.

Dirty Diana's my fav.

H1T_That
09-06-2006, 06:00 AM
Beat It and Don't Stop Till You Get Enough are superior. Rock With You and Smooth Criminal for the double win.

I hate Don't Stop Til Ya Get Enough. Its just so annoying.

the_GoDdEsS
09-06-2006, 06:07 AM
He has a high-pitched almost Bee Gees kinda voice in it but I think it's a good song. Dirty Diana's cool too.

H1T_That
09-06-2006, 06:15 AM
He has a high-pitched almost Bee Gees kinda voice in it but I think it's a good song. Dirty Diana's cool too.

Yeah, i can agree with that.

I'm also loving The Way You Make Me Feel, too at the minute.

Anyone else hear the rumours that he's set to tour?

All About Eve
09-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Dirty Diana. Man in the Mirror. That's all I have to say.

H1T_That
09-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Dirty Diana. Man in the Mirror. That's all I have to say.

Along with Stranger In Moscow, Man In The Mirror is way underrated in my opinion.

killer_queen
09-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Dammit, it's not spelled "Jessie"! There is no I! Contrary to rumor, I am not a girl!
Actually I thought Jesse was a girl name because I thought that red headed woman's (the one in team rocket, remember?)name was Jesse. That's why I thought you were a girl for a veeeery long time.
I don't know why I'm telling this.

Anyway, Michael Jackson, great, yeah... I like his old hits. Smooth Criminal ftw.

randman21
09-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Huge MJ fan. I love the whole Thriller album. Some others:

"The Way You Make me Feel"
"Black or White"
"Man in the Mirror"
"Speechless"
"Remember the Time"
"You are Not Alone"

"Beat it" ftw, though, 'cause I've never heard such a sick fucking guitar solo in an r&b/pop song.

(P.S. The Jackson 5 stomps a mudhole in the ass of anything Michael, the solo artist, ever did!)

Apathy
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
a peach? what's that mean?

and yes, he does.

dictionary.com says - 4. Informal. a person or thing that is especially attractive, liked, or enjoyed.