Hey they really KICK ASS!!!

BobdaAlkoholic
10-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Seriously no Nirvana fans?

Gordie
10-23-2004, 02:35 PM
their good, but a bit too over rated.. i dunno

i guess any band can become even more famous when the frontman dies

look at sublime (not to say they were bad in the first place, sublime was fuckin awesome..)

BobdaAlkoholic
10-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Sublime Kick ass especially Date Rape. I liked Nirvana before Nevermind so to me there not over rated.

Bad Omen
10-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Nirvana are the most over rater POS in the history of MTV music.

punk_flamingo
10-23-2004, 03:50 PM
the only album by Nirvana I really listen to is Bleach

their good...but if Kurt hadnt topped himself then they wouldnt be as big as they are.

Bad Omen
10-23-2004, 03:58 PM
the only album by Nirvana I really listen to is Bleach

their good...but if Kurt hadnt topped himself then they wouldnt be as big as they are.

damn right.

Actually they would fade out and end up working in ice cream vans....... :p :p

Subsidal
10-24-2004, 12:35 AM

I'm not a Nirvana fan, but I like their music. Silver, Where Did You Sleep Last Night, You Know You're Right, In Bloom, All Apologies.. that're good songs but nothing special to me

Nina
10-24-2004, 01:52 AM
Nirvana bores the shit out of me.
but thats just me...

Bad Omen
10-24-2004, 03:58 AM
Nirvana bores the shit out of me.
but thats just me...

that's really everybody who knows something about music :D

BobdaAlkoholic
10-24-2004, 05:01 AM
negative opinions but okay. I still like me. Especially Rape Me.

Chainsaw
10-24-2004, 06:39 AM
Love some songs... like In bloom or come as you are... but they're nothing very special

Master of Puppets
10-24-2004, 10:37 AM
man i love nirvana, have all their stuff

in fact im wearin a nirvana t shirt at the moment

beautifulnightmare
10-24-2004, 10:51 AM
i love nirvana i've liked them since i was young

Level
10-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Nirvana rocks! But yeah, a lot of bands get more attention when their frontman dies. But i was only 6 years old when Kurt died. So, i think that the new generation listens to Nirvana very-very much.

Jake
10-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Nirvana rocks
The story behind Smells like teen spirit is pretty funny. They tried to come out with the dumbest song with the cheesest pop sounds and it ended up to be one of there biggest hits!

Master of Puppets
10-24-2004, 02:38 PM
uh no, thats not what smells like teen spirit is

many of kurts songs had deep multiple meanings, there are several meanings in teen spirit, its named for a grafiti writing of tobi vails friend. tobi vail was dating kurt before nevermind was released. she wore teen spirit deodarant. her friend wrote that implying that kurt had slept with her, therefore he smelled like teen spirit

anyway, the video has several subliminal messages as well

kurt claims he stole the riff from a boston song

Jake
10-24-2004, 06:19 PM
ok thats sounds rite to
i just read that in rolling stone or guitar magizine.

Master of Puppets
10-28-2004, 02:21 PM
ok thats sounds rite to
i just read that in rolling stone or guitar magizine.

well those are usually good sources but id go with the definitive bio of him over them

Satankaban
10-29-2004, 02:50 AM
Nirvana is favourite band of my girlfriend with Metallica. I like them, too. The most their songs "About a girl" and "Come as you are". Itīs a pity that Kurt commited suicide. :(

Master of Puppets
10-30-2004, 07:31 AM
Nirvana is favourite band of my girlfriend with Metallica. I like them, too. The most their songs "About a girl" and "Come as you are". Itīs a pity that Kurt commited suicide. :(

whereas its a commonly accepted theory that it was a suicide, theres a lot of shocking evidence supporting a murder or staged suicide, more on this some other time

jimmyjimjimz
11-03-2004, 06:03 AM
Yeah, I like Nirvana. I just wish Kurt was still here making music.

I really think Nirvana is one of the most influential bands in rock. Last time I went to go see limpbizkit, they did a cover of You Know You're Right. It kicked ass. I think a lot of these new bands out now were all influenced by Kurt.

lousyskater
11-03-2004, 06:06 AM
i hate nirvana. there. i said it. *goes and hides under bed*
________
Medical cannabis seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

Rabbit209
11-03-2004, 04:31 PM
nirvana is one of the best bands ever created, and whoever says differently... well they must like eating vegatables or something cuz there messed up. but oh well thats there opinion

Skip91
04-29-2005, 05:07 AM
Nirvana Rock, but so many people do threads about them
They wouldnt be so famous is kurt kobain didnt kill himself

Rye
05-01-2005, 01:03 PM

Excellent support to your statement!

I like them, but they're not that great. Granted, for a group of teenagers who randomly started playing and never even went to music school, they're great. I have a couple albums, but they're nothing spectacular, and are overrated a bit.

Noodles is gay
05-01-2005, 01:12 PM

nope, not a single one because they were/are/always will be crap.

Also, use the bloody thread searching tool!

slayer/metallicafan661
05-01-2005, 07:47 PM
yea nirvana kicks ass i got the greatest hits cd

EoinDM
05-02-2005, 10:39 AM
i love nirvana,and yes some of their stuff is overplayed and over rated,but i just love em!

ASP
05-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Indeed, my friend, they do kick ass.

Skip91
05-03-2005, 01:26 AM
yea
I really wanna get their box set

grunge
05-03-2005, 05:13 AM
Nirvana is the greatest band in the world.
Do you really think that Kurt killed himself because he wanted become very famous ? If you think so you are stupied assholes

Yatesy
05-04-2005, 05:26 AM
Nirvana are a good band, the box set is also rather kick-ass and it's seems better 'cause I won it on radio. :D

Inshane
05-04-2005, 07:17 AM
Do you really think that Kurt killed himself because he wanted become very famous ? If you think so you are stupied assholes

he probably didnt kill himself to become famous, what would his profit be in the whole being a dead-famous-artist thing. nothing, since he would be watching it from the other side. and I do not believe he did it for his bandmembers. I think he freaked out about the media/fans/attention that he suddenly got. With him it was pure about the music, I guess everything around his expression with music drove him crazy. Its hard when everybody is watching you, waiting for you to make a mistake, or waiting for you to make another - great, best, fantastic- album.

I do think his death created an extra attention flame which made him and his band as famous as they are now.

Pot Noodles
05-04-2005, 07:23 AM
he probably didnt kill himself to become famous, what would his profit be in the whole being a dead-famous-artist thing. nothing, since he would be watching it from the other side. and I do not believe he did it for his bandmembers. I think he freaked out about the media/fans/attention that he suddenly got. With him it was pure about the music, I guess everything around his expression with music drove him crazy. Its hard when everybody is watching you, waiting for you to make a mistake, or waiting for you to make another - great, best, fantastic- album.

I do think his death created an extra attention flame which made him and his band as famous as they are now.

thats mostly why.

If you read the suicide note he says he couldn't understand why Nirvana were so popular and also for some reason he couldn't really appreciate the crowds attention/devotion .

Pot Noodles
05-04-2005, 07:29 AM
If anyone wants to see the note its,

http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/documents/note_scan.shtml
(quite hard to read)

text version

http://handwritinguniversity.com/newslettersamples/cobain/typed.html

DOWNER77
05-08-2005, 09:21 AM
If Kurt wanted to become even more famous he wouldn't have killed himself, he would have pulled a Sid vicious and killed his lousy, no talent, bitch, wife courtney love.

coke_a_holic
05-08-2005, 04:15 PM
If it wasn't for Kurt Cobain, music wouldn't be the same. Kurt Cobain made it okay to suck at what you do, and still be amazing. He made emo music, he made grunge music popular, and he inspired millions. He is very overrated, but it's for a reason.

Bad_Girl
05-13-2005, 12:16 PM
:mad: courtney love isn't a lousy, no talent, bitch
courtney love rocks

grunge
05-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Yes my little girl she is a bitch. But I love her and Kurt loved her. And you see what Courtny do now she has given consent to print Kurt's diary

Bad_Girl
05-13-2005, 12:30 PM
she has given consent to print Kurt's diary --> Oh, i didn't like that... but i still like her... i don't really think kurt wanted everyone to read that.