The Knob
09-06-2006, 12:14 PM
If someone here likes Power metal Like GAMMARAY , HELLOWEEN, RHAPSODY

check out this

http://www.celesty.net

http://www.celesty.net/Celesty_3rdalbum_teaser.gif

H1T_That
09-06-2006, 01:52 PM
'Fantasy' metal just sounds gay. For that reason alone i'm not gonna check them out.

The Knob
09-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Ok, so i changed that :D Hahahah...but Rhapsody is Fantasy metal, so then it is gay :D but cool band anyways :D

but hey!

Well if you want to find a GAY band name , check this out

http://www.fairyland-metal.com/

HOW CAN A METAL BAND HAVE A NAME LIKE THAT!

i think CELESTY sounds cool, but hey...FAIRYLAND...gimmeabreak!

but Check out Celesty...if you like STRAIGHT ;) power metal!

H1T_That
09-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Ok, so i changed that :D Hahahah...but Rhapsody is Fantasy metal, so then it is gay :D but cool band anyways :D

but hey!

Well if you want to find a GAY band name , check this out

http://www.fairyland-metal.com/

HOW CAN A METAL BAND HAVE A NAME LIKE THAT!

i think CELESTY sounds cool, but hey...FAIRYLAND...gimmeabreak!

but Check out Celesty...if you like STRAIGHT ;) power metal!

*contemplates*....naah, fuck that.

The Knob
09-06-2006, 03:45 PM
how nice to see that people are truly open minded for different kinds of music :D
personally i think everything deserves a chance...

but hey, that is just my opinion.

But for others (not H1t_That) please check it out if you like metal.

H1T_That
09-06-2006, 03:50 PM
I am open-minded to all types of music. Just not bands that go under the genre of Fantasy Metal, have a name that reminds me of celery, and are promoted by someone who goes by the alias 'The Knob'. Sorry.

That_Guy91
09-06-2006, 03:55 PM
I am open-minded to all types of music. Just not bands that go under the genre of Fantasy Metal, have a name that reminds me of celery, and are promoted by someone who goes by the alias 'The Knob'. Sorry.

"The Knob" is his band.

NachoS_Ixnay
09-06-2006, 03:56 PM
If someone here likes Power metal Like GAMMARAY , HELLOWEEN, RHAPSODY

check out this

http://www.celesty.net

I don't want to download all the songs, so, could you suggest me one song that i should like the most?

H1T_That
09-06-2006, 04:02 PM
"The Knob" is his band.

Oh fuck, so it is. Thats even worse.

Imagine it...."oh yeah dude, i'm gonna go check out The Knob next week at that gig"

The Knob
09-06-2006, 04:42 PM
H1tThat

im sorry that you have sand in your vagina, but you dont have to write here if you dont like the stuff...but just to make sure, if you want to "stuff some Knob in your ears" i recommend you go to www.myspace.com/theknobband that is not Fantasymetal, or powermetal or anything, just pure PunkRock, with influences from Offspring mostly (since i have been fan from year 1992)

And to

NachoS_Ixnay

I suggest you go to the myspace page and listen there, it is www.myspace.com/celestymetal i think that is the easiest way, but if you want to download something, take Unbreakable or Revenge, or maybe Power of the stones. (yeah...metal names :D )

but personally at the moment im listening to new Haunted, sounds cool, not so Trash than the other albums. I like lots of music, mostly punk and metal. The "power metal" is one of my favourite styles of music.

H1T_That
09-06-2006, 04:47 PM
H1tThat

im sorry that you have sand in your vagina, but you dont have to write here if you dont like the stuff...but just to make sure, if you want to "stuff some Knob in your ears" i recommend you go to www.myspace.com/theknobband that is not Fantasymetal, or powermetal or anything, just pure PunkRock, with influences from Offspring mostly (since i have been fan from year 1992)

zomg fanks 4 da link!!! i'd love to stuff knob in my ear and listen to wananbe punx fags.

That_Guy91
09-06-2006, 04:51 PM
zomg fanks 4 da link!!! i'd love to stuff knob in my ear and listen to wananbe punx fags.

Actually, they're not bad.

H1T_That
09-06-2006, 04:54 PM

Well, as far as i can tell your musical taste is simmilar to mine. I'll have a look. But regardless of musical talent, "The Knob" is still a horrendous name for a band.

The Knob
09-06-2006, 04:57 PM
yeah i know it is a horrible horrible name :D but usually punk band names are :D and we were young and stupid (still are...atleast stupid) so we had to make up a name that is idiotic! and since other cool names were taken, we decided to name it "the knob" and then we didnt know that it also means KNOB we thought that it is like "doorknob"

H1T_That
09-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Many apologies, your band are really good. Get a new name and a more original logo and you'll definatley be a band i respect and would listen to on a regualr basis.

Well done.

The Knob
09-06-2006, 05:00 PM

Thanks :D btw. have i mentioned about the live stuff we have online (from the knob)

www.mikseri.net/theknobfani

there is some Nofx covers also...

and if you search "theknob" from youtube.com you find some live shit also...here is link

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=theknob&search=Search

but lets stick to the POWER METAL :D

i think there is one Celesty live video also in youtube...ill find it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsz2YLidvgo

The Knob
09-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Many apologies, your band are really good. Get a new name and a more original logo and you'll definatley be a band i respect and would listen to on a regualr basis.

Well done.

Thats okay :D no hard feelings. :D
unfortunately we just have to stick with that name, and with that logo (not designed by ourselves but there is a slight "tribute" to offspring there, intended)

but hey, you can find more THE KNOB from the website

www.theknobband.net

there is 16 songs that are free to download, then we have made one "full lenght" album called "something for nobody" that is available in stores...and free on the internet :D in punktorrents...or something i think...

how about some fan..power metal now? :D hahahah...

Zee
09-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Hey folks, The Knob is a superb band, top stuff what comes to Finnish punk. Cut the bullshit, they're true professionals, you know, they have played a couple of years now the same festival as The Offspring did in 2001, and they were 4th wanted (or something) Finnish band to play there I think. ;)

Celesty, not really my kinda' music but then on the other hand I can listen to any kind of styles so I'd say it's all OK but I prefer The Knob more, ha.

The Knob
11-21-2006, 03:01 AM
Hey folks, The Knob is a superb band, top stuff what comes to Finnish punk. Cut the bullshit, they're true professionals, you know, they have played a couple of years now the same festival as The Offspring did in 2001, and they were 4th wanted (or something) Finnish band to play there I think. ;)

Celesty, not really my kinda' music but then on the other hand I can listen to any kind of styles so I'd say it's all OK but I prefer The Knob more, ha.

songs from Celesty new album are now available from myspace

www.myspace.com/celestymetal

Forza
11-21-2006, 05:14 AM
Wow The Knob is like Millencolin. <3

And Celesty is kinda bad ... classic metal and 'normal' power metal > fantasy metal.

The Knob
11-21-2006, 06:56 AM
Wow The Knob is like Millencolin. <3

And Celesty is kinda bad ... classic metal and 'normal' power metal > fantasy metal.

Thanks;)

there is also topic for THE KNOB here, if you want to check it out.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11188

Venom Symbiote
11-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Power-metal is the greatest non-ska genre of music to ever grace the earth.

I guess Blind Guardian probably fit under the "fantasy-metal" banner, they kick major ass. As do Falconer, maybe they're more "folk-metal" than "fantasy" though.

The rest I listen to is mainly more traditional straight-up power metal. Hammerfall, Dragonforce, Sex Machineguns, Galneryus, Helloween, etc.

Some with thrash influences like Iced Earth. And a lot of classic metal like Ronnie James Dio and Maiden. Oh, right, and the crazy "monster" power-metal bands like Lordi, hilarious.

This band you listed seems to be ok.

Zee
01-13-2007, 01:05 PM
I heard that your band's (Celesty) singer went to Idols and got for the next round. Actually, I watched it but didn't recognize him. Nikula didn't like his Bon Jovi version though, hah.

The Knob
01-14-2007, 05:07 AM
I heard that your band's (Celesty) singer went to Idols and got for the next round. Actually, I watched it but didn't recognize him. Nikula didn't like his Bon Jovi version though, hah.

yeah, he does stuff like that just for fun :D
and he had the WORST HANGOVER EVER when he went there :D he actually sang another song, but they edited it from the other song (which was the bonjovi stuff)

we had good laughs :D

But hey...you have to try everything!

Zee
01-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Hah, okay.

We'll just have to see how the second round goes... but what if this guy would win the whole friggin' Idols? :D Perhaps the joke might've gone a bit too far in that case, Risto Asikainen would do some heavy ballads for him, hah. You should've gone there, the punk card is still unseen at Finnish Idols. ;)

The Knob
01-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Hah, okay.

We'll just have to see how the second round goes... but what if this guy would win the whole friggin' Idols? :D Perhaps the joke might've gone a bit too far in that case, Risto Asikainen would do some heavy ballads for him, hah. You should've gone there, the punk card is still unseen at Finnish Idols.

well lets see...

hmm..punk card...maybe i should try next time :D hahahah....

"hi my name is Tapani"

"hi tapani, what are you about to sing for us?"

"some punk"

"okay go ahead..."

"well here goes"

"Head over heals I've fit in before
Now I don't wanna do it no more
I've held it all in with blood on my face
Built it up man so bad you can taste..."

hah

probably not the best song either :D but should i give it a try next time :D its your call...

barangatang
01-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Hey, I remember you guys. Your band's okay, way better than other shite we get on here.

Zee
01-17-2007, 04:42 AM
probably not the best song either :D but should i give it a try next time :D its your call...

Yes, you should. ;)

Yeah, pick up either Smash or maybe even better, Cool To Hate? They would probably take it death seriously. :D

The Knob
01-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Yes, you should. ;)

Yeah, pick up either Smash or maybe even better, Cool To Hate? They would probably take it death seriously. :D

hahah...yeah :D but the song should probably be something with an variable melody. If i start to sing "pretty fly " they laugh at me and throw me out...

Zee
01-28-2007, 11:56 AM
So now he's on the semi-final round even though he obviously forgot some of the lyrics pretty badly. :D

The Knob
01-29-2007, 03:32 AM
So now he's on the semi-final round even though he obviously forgot some of the lyrics pretty badly. :D

yeah. Lets hope he wins :D hahahah....

Zee
02-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Well, he did not. But in my opinion he was definitely the best of those four, and I can't get the "refs" really about it being too lame or something. Paskaako sit&#228; riehumaan jos ei silt&#228; tunnu ja ei tuo ehk&#228; ihan otollinen ja luonnollinen paikka sille edes ole. :D

Still, awesome singing. Also awesome song the Gary Moore - After The War by the way!