PDA

View Full Version : Justin Timberlake makes my heart flip

Nina
09-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Anyone else into his music?

I've liked him since Justified (thus obviously wasnt a big fan of N*Sync) and I cant wait until I have his new album in my hands.

Anyone who is into dance music should check his new singles out:
Sexyback
My Love

That man can sing. And he brings sexy back.

Corpse
09-07-2006, 11:09 AM
My friends all say he is one of the best.

However, I find him, his music, and the whole genre completely boring :).

Not to offend, just the way I feel.

offspring fan
09-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Justin Timberlake is one of the worst artists i have heard. he is owerrated and got a relly whiny voice(but all boy band boys got that) and i just want to puch him in the face.

Nina
09-07-2006, 11:16 AM
WORST artist?
I can understand that you dont like him or his music and that you want to punch him in the face but calling him one of the worst artists is taking it a little too far. That would mean he has no musical talent whatsoever, and thats complete bullshit.
But yeah I wanna punch him too, for dating that butterface.

Corpse
09-07-2006, 11:19 AM
WORST artist?
I can understand that you dont like him or his music and that you want to punch him in the face but calling him one of the worst artists is taking it a little too far. That would mean he has no musical talent whatsoever, and thats complete bullshit.

Yeah. You might aswell say he's as good as Fall Out Boy next.

Nina
09-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Is Fall Out Boy a whiny emo band? I've never heard them but I only hear bad stuff about them.

Corpse
09-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Probably the most whiny emo band. I detest them.

nieh
09-07-2006, 12:11 PM
zomg, Justin Timberlake is so unpunx!

0r4ng3
09-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Justin = selloutz!

i am so rite.

Rag Doll
09-07-2006, 12:36 PM
oh justin *swoon*

love sexyback. loved seeing him live cause he really did bring the sexy back. he's fucking adorable. three piece suits are hot. he has an awesome voice. the boy can dance. he plays piano (wooo). i wasnt huge on nsync, but they were the best boy band at the time. i liked what i heard of his last cd but do not have it....i'm planning to get futuresex/lovesounds on tuesday when it's released. i can rip it & send it to you if you want, ninadoll.

(sorry for the ramble, but i hafta go to class and i wanted to get that in first!)

randman21
09-07-2006, 12:43 PM
I liked him (even during N'Sync) until he all of a sudden turned into a catty attention whore. I was pulling for him.

killer_queen
09-07-2006, 01:46 PM
He's fugly and has a bad style. But although I don't like most of his songs I have to admit that he IS talented, he can dance and makes you wanna dance.

- -Lauren- -
09-07-2006, 05:16 PM
I used to be a major N*Sync fan when I was a wee child. I didn't like his Justified stuff as I got out of the pop genre.

But I love SexyBack. I just have an absolute love for dance music, and it's extremely catchy with an awesome beat.

no_way
09-07-2006, 05:36 PM
I can say some of the music he does is catchy, but as a musician myself I can't say he even qualifies to be a musician and he's no good at "making" music. But I can understand what you see on him. And I'm not one of those "hes not punx enough" people, I do enjoy lots of kinds of music. He, however, sucks at it.

ninthlayer
09-07-2006, 05:41 PM
This:

Anyone else into his music?

I've liked him since Justified (thus obviously wasnt a big fan of N*Sync) and I cant wait until I have his new album in my hands.

Anyone who is into dance music should check his new singles out:
Sexyback
My Love

That man can sing. And he brings sexy back.
and this:

oh justin *swoon*

love sexyback. loved seeing him live cause he really did bring the sexy back. he's fucking adorable. three piece suits are hot. he has an awesome voice. the boy can dance. he plays piano (wooo). i wasnt huge on nsync, but they were the best boy band at the time. i liked what i heard of his last cd but do not have it....i'm planning to get futuresex/lovesounds on tuesday when it's released. i can rip it & send it to you if you want, ninadoll.

(sorry for the ramble, but i hafta go to class and i wanted to get that in first!)
Were the only parts of this thread worth reading.

I can say some of the music he does is catchy, but as a musician myself I can't say he even qualifies to be a musician and he's no good at "making" music. But I can understand what you see on him. And I'm not one of those "hes not punx enough" people, I do enjoy lots of kinds of music. He, however, sucks at it.
And this just makes me laugh (lol2teenagespicgirltrying2pullthepretentioncard).

H1T_That
09-07-2006, 06:06 PM
I love Cry Me A River, everything else i despise.

Llamas
09-07-2006, 07:16 PM
his voice is too high and whiney for my tastes, he doesn't write his music nor his lyrics, so there's really nothing there for me. the music itself is totally generic, the lyrics suck... I heard an a capella group sing "cry me a river" once and I kind of actually liked it, though.

T-6005
09-08-2006, 07:16 AM
Sexyback is a horrible, horrible song.

I won't hold it against him, though.

Nina
09-09-2006, 02:04 PM
but as a musician myself I can't say he even qualifies to be a musician and he's no good at "making" music.

Do you ever realize how ridiculous your statements are? You just said that he isnt worthy being considered a musican. Girl, I sometimes just want to shake sense into you.

All About Eve
09-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Rob Thomas > Justin Timberlake. Sorry Nina.

Nina
09-09-2006, 02:07 PM
I only know one song by him and that's the one with Santana! I love his voice, though. And no need to be sorry, I just hate ignorant statements, not opinions in general. :]

All About Eve
09-09-2006, 02:15 PM
I can upload a couple if you want.

Nina
09-09-2006, 02:18 PM
yes please!!!! I am always up for that.

All About Eve
09-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Rob Thomas - This is How a Heart Breaks (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2AC3ED681CE624E8)
One of his more rocky songs; I love his voice and the background chorus element in it.

Rob Thomas - Lonely No More (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1C1055FA5B8F2EE7)
One of his more poppy songs, reminds me a lot of Justin Timberlake.

Nina
09-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks so much, I am downloading now :)

JohnnyNemesis
09-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Stop making me wanna hate you, AAE :(

All About Eve
09-09-2006, 03:18 PM
I still hate Justin Timberlake, and I actually hate Lonely No More, but some of Rob Thomas's stuff is good and I like his voice, so STFU. You liked I Write Sins Not Tragedies, don't forget that.

Llamas
09-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Nina, don't jump on me for this... but have you heard any of the songs off of Hanson's newest album? If you like guys with strong falsetto and very stylistic voices, I really think you might like some of their newer stuff. Check out their myspace... not the best choices in songs, but atleast worth a shot.

http://www.myspace.com/hansonmusic

Nina
09-10-2006, 06:07 AM
Haha why should I jump on you for that? Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out after all my youtube downloads are done. ;P

Icy Chic
09-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Rob Thomas > Justin Timberlake. Sorry Nina.

I have to agree with you. Timberlake it alright, but Thomas sounds way better than him. Also, when I first heard "Sexyback" I swear I didn't know that was Justin. At first I thought the song was okay, but my friends have played it so much that I wish it would burn.

Llamas
09-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Haha why should I jump on you for that? Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out after all my youtube downloads are done. ;P

haha, because EVERYONE minus like 2 people who also like Hanson jumps on me and gives me endless shit for liking them, especially when I suggest they actually listen to the new music. Usually, when they do listen to the new music, they admit it's actually good, whether or not they LIKE it. But the general reaction is "omg I can't believe you suggested I listen to HANSON!!! they're, like, girls from 1997!!!"

rlplaymaker
09-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Justin Timberlake is one of the worst artists i have heard. he is owerrated and got a relly whiny voice(but all boy band boys got that) and i just want to puch him in the face.

now now now, lets settle down. I am not a fan of his music really, or of pop music in general.....but i have an enormous amount of respect of him as an artist. Works hard, and just because hes not your cup of tea, doesn;t mean u should hate him

Rag Doll
09-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Nina...i can see us holding hands, walking on the beach, our toes in the sand. i can see us on the countryside, sitting on the grass, laying side by side...

anyway ;p. i got the new cd. i quite enjoy it too.

Nina
09-13-2006, 12:33 PM
<3333

& Oh the jealousy! I can't afford it yet!

All About Eve
09-13-2006, 02:56 PM
What'd you think of Rob Thomas?

Nina
09-13-2006, 03:08 PM
This Is How A Heart Breaks - The song is really catchy, I like it. But I am not very impressed of the vocals.

Lonely No More - Definitely digging the music too. His voice is really sympathetic in that song.

All in all I like the music a lot and the vocals are alright. Thanks a lot for the recommendation :)

All About Eve
09-13-2006, 04:27 PM
His best stuff was with Matchbox Twenty, just so you know.

Llamas
09-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Nina, I'm thinking about downloading a few of JT's newest songs, just to give them a chance, since I haven't heard anything new since cry me a river... I feel like I can't diss him unless I hear it... I was wondering if you could recommend like 3 or 4 of the best songs off the new album. Thanks!

Camilamazed
09-19-2006, 09:43 PM
I totally dislike his kind of music though I have to admit he dances amazingly. Rockers cannot move their bodies like that hahaha.

harmony
09-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I got Justin's new cd, and it fucking rocks. Boy has talent.

Nina
09-20-2006, 06:25 AM
Nina, I'm thinking about downloading a few of JT's newest songs, just to give them a chance, since I haven't heard anything new since cry me a river... I feel like I can't diss him unless I hear it... I was wondering if you could recommend like 3 or 4 of the best songs off the new album. Thanks!

As mentioned, I unfortunately dont have the new CD yet :[ I only downloaded two songs which both happen to be his singles. But Rag Doll has the CD, maybe she can recomment songs!

And...just a question. Your statement against Timberlake was kinda harsh, yet..you've only heard Cry Me A River?! That was four years ago.

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-20-2006, 06:27 AM
His best stuff was with Matchbox Twenty, just so you know.

yeah true

10 Fucks

Yatesy
09-20-2006, 09:52 AM
I've downloaded both albums on an impulse recently, not listened to either of them in full but so far I see nothing wrong with either of them. Also SexyBack is a really good catchy song.

Rag Doll
09-20-2006, 11:04 AM
ilovellamas...

Sexyback
Let Me Talk To You Prelude/My Love
Chop Me Up (my personal favorite)
Set The Mood Prelude/Until The End of Time

I really love the entire thing, though. There isn't even one song that I skip.

Llamas
09-20-2006, 01:38 PM
As mentioned, I unfortunately dont have the new CD yet :[ I only downloaded two songs which both happen to be his singles. But Rag Doll has the CD, maybe she can recomment songs!

And...just a question. Your statement against Timberlake was kinda harsh, yet..you've only heard Cry Me A River?! That was four years ago.

Oh, I suppose I should've read back to what you actually said, and noticed that you didn't have the album.

No, no, no, I heard the entire album shortly after it was released (one of my best friends was a huuuuuuuge nsync fan and is an even better JT fan, so she got the album immediately). I stated that kind of weird... my point was that I haven't heard the new album, and that the last song I've heard by him was cry me a river- as in, I haven't heard any of his other songs since that song was released.

-Ragdoll... the songs are downloading. thanks for the recommendations. :)

Rag Doll
09-20-2006, 01:43 PM
awesome. be sure to post what you think.

Llamas
09-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Alright, I listened to all four of them once. Perhaps more listens will change my mind, but I doubt it.

The music in sexyback and let me talk to you is alright... I strongly dislike the "rap"/"talking" style, how repetitive everything is, the lack of energy in the second one... the singing part in the second one is redeeming, but it doesn't match well with the music, and there's not enough of it to be worth it.

you know, overall, I just really dislike all the "rap" and guest artists.

harmony
09-20-2006, 06:09 PM
"...if I wrote you a symphony, to show you what you mean to me..."

ninthlayer
09-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Pfft, you motherfuckers don't know how act.
(and by "act" I mean "appreciate damn good music")

Llamas
09-20-2006, 07:36 PM
is that to say that you do or don't like JT?

Rag Doll
09-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Pfft, you motherfuckers don't know how act.

oh sean, you got me lovestoned

ninthlayer
09-20-2006, 07:56 PM
is that to say that you do or don't like JT?
Apparently you don't know your JT.