PDA

View Full Version : New Primus!

coke_a_holic
09-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I know there's a small margin of people here who care about this, so I decided I'd bring the good news:

PRIMUS HAS MORE STUFF COMING OUT! Unfortunately, it's a Greatest Hits cd and another concert dvd, but whatever! The cd is called "They Can't All be Zingers" and the dvd is called "Blame it on the Fish." There's also a North America tour that I will hopefully be attending on November the 8th.

http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/1302/images/body_artist_image.jpg
Yeah, it looks cheesy, but it's official. This is the tracklist for the cd:
1. To Defy The Laws Of Tradition
2. John The Fisherman
3. Too Many Puppies
4. Jerry Was A Race Car Driver
5. Those Damned Blue-Collar Tweekers
6. Tommy The Cat
7. My Name Is Mud
8. Mr. Krinkle
9. DMV
10. Over The Electric Grapevine
11. Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
12. Southbound Pachyderm
13. Over The Falls
14. Shake Hands With Beef
15. Coattails Of A Dead Man
16. Mary The Ice Cube

The DVD is described as an abstract view of the Tour de Fromage and it's basically some guy documenting his time on the road with the band with a lot of extras and filmings of them playing live.

Here's the tour dates for you guys who might want to see them live:

11/01/06 Wed Austin, TX Austin Music Hall
11/03/06 Fri Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theater
11/04/06 Sat Dallas, TX Will Rogers Auditorium
11/06/06 Mon Atlanta, GA Tabernacle
11/08/06 Wed Washington, DC DAR Constitution Hall
11/09/06 Thu New York, NY Roseland Ballroom
11/10/06 Fri Philadelphia, PA Tower Theater
11/12/06 Sun Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
11/14/06 Tue Detroit, MI State Theatre
11/15/06 Wed Toronto, ON Kool Haus
11/17/06 Fri Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
11/18/06 Sat Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
11/19/06 Sun Minneapolis, MN Orpheum Theatre
11/21/06 Tue Denver, CO The Fillmore Auditorium
11/28/06 Tue Eugene, OR Hult Center
11/29/06 Wed Vancouver, BC Orpheum Theatre
11/30/06 Thu Seattle, WA Paramount Theatre
12/02/06 Sat Berkeley, CA Berkeley Community Theatre
12/03/06 Sun Sacramento, CA Memorial Auditorium
12/05/06 Tue San Jose, CA San Jose Civic Auditorium
12/06/06 Wed Los Angeles, CA The Hollywood Palladium
12/08/06 Fri San Diego, CA Rimac Arena
12/09/06 Sat Phoenix, AZ Mesa Amphitheatre

You may love me now.

opivy21
09-08-2006, 08:37 PM
I barely listen to Primus, but I like them and I'm sure they're good live.

Professor Chaos
09-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Denver, here I come.

<3

nieh
09-08-2006, 09:44 PM
FUCKING FUCKING PRIMUS ALWAYS FUCKING COMING TO PHILLY WHEN I'M FUCKING BROKE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES!!

Seriously, I've never gotten to see them live and they've been here like 3-4 times since I got into them. Every time was when I was flat broke and couldn't afford to go. I'm not exactly interested in the greatest hits because I already have all the albums. Are they ever going to put out new material?

coke_a_holic
10-07-2006, 10:38 PM
*BUMP*

Everyone that lives in California is officially envied by me.

Gogol Bordello is opening in all of the December shows. =(

Apathy
10-08-2006, 09:42 AM
I have 41 days to make 186 dollars.

And with my job not getting any business when it's cold out.....
It could be iffy.
But nonetheless I hope to see them.

petey
10-11-2006, 06:12 PM
thats cool. i like primus, but im not gonna go out and get the album and dvd, i have other stuff i wanna focus on buying right now.

Kathy
10-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
*Kisses C_a_H*!!

coke_a_holic
11-09-2006, 12:07 PM
I saw them yesterday and f99uwtwgjjgdjgdsag, it was amazing. They played:

Here Come the Bastards
Groundhog's Day
Those Damned Blue Collar Tweekers
De Anza Jig
Nature Boy
Jerry was a Race Car Driver
My Name is Mud
Over the Electric Grapevine
Too Many Puppies
Harold of the Rocks

Encore: Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

The only problem was that Nature Boy is a pretty bad song, and when they made it 15 minutes long, I was like "play Tommy the Cat, already!" But they never did. :(

I got my sock and my Sailing Seas of Cheese signed by Les Claypool. He was really awkward in person; I was taller than him by like... a lot and he didn't really speak. He would mumble things like, "I don't really want to touch the sock...." and when a guy got his bass signed he was like "that is a purple bass." It was kinda funny, his voice is really fucking weird. My friend gave me the idea to have him record my voicemail message after we had already left, though I'm wishing I had done it.

Basically, if they're coming to your home town, go see them. It's worth every penny.

Apathy
11-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Did you realize you were about a foot taller than her after you kicked your chair back making him jump?

No really, how tall was he? My friend was just telling me today that there were no short bassists, and I want to know. He sounds hilarious though.

So how did you meet him anyway? Did he wait around after the show or something? They're coming to my town, I think I'll go.

nieh
11-09-2006, 02:17 PM
They're playing Philly tomorrow night but I never bought tickets because I'm poor. I DO get paid tomorrow though and I should have a pretty decent paycheck. What do you think the odds are of me getting tickets and finding someone else to go with me?

Apathy
11-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Why must you go alone?

nieh
11-09-2006, 02:29 PM
I hate going to shows alone. I have no problem getting split up during the show but I just feel weird going by myself.

Apathy
11-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Kinda the opposite of me, I hate going with friends and stuff.

Although that's mostly because my friends all don't like the same kind of music as me. I dunno, I just always have more fun If I'm not with somebody.

coke_a_holic
11-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Did you realize you were about a foot taller than her after you kicked your chair back making him jump?

No really, how tall was he? My friend was just telling me today that there were no short bassists, and I want to know. He sounds hilarious though.

So how did you meet him anyway? Did he wait around after the show or something? They're coming to my town, I think I'll go.

I thought Les was like 5'7", but my friend (who's shorter than I am) says that he was like 5'9". The way my friends and I met him was by going around to where the tour busses were parked and waiting for him to come outside the bus. A bunch of other people were doing the same, so we figured we would just wait with them before giving up, but he did come out to sign socks, etc.

You should go, it was a fantastic show.

Nieh: I'm not sure if it's worth it for you; they play a really short set and stuff. I mean, it was amazing, but the tour to promote a new cd should be even bigger and better. *shrugs* I'd go with you if I weren't a few hours away/out of money.

Overworked & Underfucked
12-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Big fat BUMP on this topic!

I was at the show at the Kool Haus in Toronto on November 15. Here's the setlist:
1) Those Damn Blue Collar Tweekers
2) Here Come the Bastards (cut short)
3) Sgt. Baker
4) American Life
5) Seas of Cheese
6) Mr. Krinkle
7) De Anza Jig
8) Nature Boy
9) Mary The Ice Cube
10) My Name Is Mud
11) Harold of the Rocks
Encore
12) Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

It was a damn good show. Unfortunately during Bastards someone threw a condom at Les and he cut the song short. I was not too impressed.

That, and the fact that there was some chick puking in the middle of the pit kinda made the show a bit sub-par but it was the first time I've seen them live, so it was still pretty satisfying.

Apathy
02-24-2008, 04:54 PM
So I've started listening to my Primus cd's more, and I'm rehooked. I have Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda, and Tales from the Punchbowl.

I just bought Tales yesterday and so far i'm severely disappointed. I love Seas and Pork. Can anyone recommend another album with Primus or one of Claypool's other groups? One that doesn't have a Punchbowl vibe?

Nazz
02-24-2008, 05:08 PM
So I've started listening to my Primus cd's more, and I'm rehooked. I have Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda, and Tales from the Punchbowl.

I just bought Tales yesterday and so far i'm severely disappointed. I love Seas and Pork. Can anyone recommend another album with Primus or one of Claypool's other groups? One that doesn't have a Punchbowl vibe?

If I were you I'd go grab Les Claypool (and the Flying Frog Brigade)'s Purple Onion Album. It's amazing, and the album's work made me take up the bass.

Apathy
02-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Is the bass really prevalent on the album? That's one of the main reasons I dislike Punchbowl. It seems like it's a lot more in sync with the music and even in the backround at times.

And the whole reason I like Primus is because of really obnoxious overbearing bass parts that devour the rest of the song. Tommy the cat for instance.

RobinoZombie
02-28-2008, 05:14 PM
if you dont have the brown album buy it or get it. thats awesome.
and purple onion is just flawless. it sums up Les quite nice at once.:)