PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Guitarests

Gordie
10-23-2004, 03:07 PM
take your pick, and tell me who you find the most intreaguing

i like them all.. but im going with malmsteen.. vai is a close 2nd

Bad Omen
10-23-2004, 04:35 PM
For the poll i'll go with Petrucci only cos Dream Theater are one of the best bands on earth...

But if there was an "other" option then i'd say either Alexi Laiho or Herman Li

punk_flamingo
10-23-2004, 04:52 PM
im not voting....

...where the hell is Jimi Hendrix????

Bad Omen
10-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Hendrix is not the best guitarist ever...

Yes he WAS awesome. But he was only reagarded big because it was AT THE TIME. Nobody had ever played a guitar like that. He Broke The tradition. He was the first rock guitarist ever!

But not the best

punk_flamingo
10-23-2004, 04:59 PM
he's better than the options we were given - cept maybe for Satriani and Vai.

Have you ever seen Hendrix play? Like watched one of his dvds? Its majorly trippy, he puts no effort into it but still produces most bodacious sound.

Bad Omen
10-23-2004, 05:05 PM
dude, have you seen Fucking Petrucci play?

he studied at BERKLEE. BERKLEE

punk_flamingo
10-23-2004, 05:07 PM
hehhehe dude! your opinion is your opinion....mine is mine ;)

Jebus
10-23-2004, 05:53 PM
I went though a phase where all I listend to Malmsteen but then I realised his music sucked. All of his music sounded the same after a while. He's fast but thats not what music is all about.

Then I went through my vai phase. He's definetely one of the best guitarist out there. He has a unique style thats imposible to compare too.

Then I went through my Satriani phase. He has a very melodic style and i still like him.

I'm going through my dream theater phase right now so I'll have to go with him. My opinion will probably change a few weeks though.

You should have added more guitarist there are dozens of players better than malsmteen.
Michael romeo, Michael Angelo, Paul Gilbert > Malmsteen

RonWelty
10-23-2004, 05:55 PM
where is NOODLES ?

Jebus
10-23-2004, 05:57 PM
*laughs*
noodles is good but he doesn't stand a chance against those guitarist.

RonWelty
10-23-2004, 05:58 PM
see his other band and then tell me that :D

Jebus
10-23-2004, 06:02 PM
see those bands, then you tell me that

Bad Omen
10-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Jebus

Listen to the Band Children Of bodom, the guitarist Alexi Laiho is the best shredder you'll ever hear. He super fast AND melodic: tis like a mix of Vai, Malmsteen and as you said also Michael Romeo from Symphony X

Jebus
10-23-2004, 06:19 PM
I know who they are because by brother is a big fan. I would listen to them but the vocals just kill the whole thing for me. I can't stand that kind of screeching vocals you hear in those kind of bands like Dimmu Borgir. The band would be really good if it wasn't for the vocalist. I do have agree that the guitarist is good though.

NoHopeNoFuture
10-23-2004, 07:28 PM
In my opinion I think its michael Angelo, Yngwie i cant really decide which one

Jebus
10-23-2004, 08:00 PM
yngwie's music get's so boring. He just does the same scalar runs over and over again. I only like a few of his songs.

Have you guys seen the g3 dvds?

mrconeman
10-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Dave Gilmour :rolleyes:

Bad Omen
10-24-2004, 05:01 AM
I know who they are because by brother is a big fan. I would listen to them but the vocals just kill the whole thing for me. I can't stand that kind of screeching vocals you hear in those kind of bands like Dimmu Borgir. The band would be really good if it wasn't for the vocalist. I do have agree that the guitarist is good though.

Try listening to the band "Sinergy" then. it's the same guitarists and drummer, just a girl singer