PDA

View Full Version : Falling Short

DeAtHsTaR
09-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Please add my band if you want.
DISCLAIMER: AS OF OCTOBER 15, I AM NO LONGER IN THE BAND.
UPDATE: new songs.

Falling Short (http://myspace.com/fallingshortrocks)

Travis- Guitar
http://myspace-362.vo.llnwd.net/01095/26/33/1095503362_l.jpg

Jaymz- Guitar
http://myspace-727.vo.llnwd.net/00164/72/70/164650727_l.jpg

Dain- Bass
http://myspace-139.vo.llnwd.net/01116/93/15/1116225139_l.jpg

Brandon- Drums
http://myspace-430.vo.llnwd.net/01089/03/46/1089226430_l.gif

T-6005
09-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Please add my band if you want.
Lolz you fail.

For the record, update this in about three days and I'll check it out.

DeAtHsTaR
09-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Also, don't ask about that logo in the background with a thorny rose going through a heart, that was just something Travis's girlfriend made.

DeAtHsTaR
09-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Lolz you fail.

For the record, update this in about three days and I'll check it out.
Well, I'll see if we can record some tracks without drums on Saturday. Brandon's on vacation, so he's gone till next week which is why we can't record.

T-6005
09-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Well, I'll see if we can record some tracks without drums or anything, on Saturday. Brandon's on vacation, so he's gone till next week which is why we can't record.
I'll try and check you guys out if I see the thread. Otherwise, just PM me in a few days and I'll do it.

Otherwise, I'll be updating my own thread in a few days, check it out!

Jebus
09-14-2006, 08:35 PM
What's with your sudden interest with Dain's band? You haven't even commented on poor Mike's thread yet.

DeAtHsTaR
09-14-2006, 09:08 PM
What's with your sudden interest with Dain's band? You haven't even commented on poor Mike's thread yet.

He must like our influences, I'm guessing.

Or maybe he's drunk off his ass.

T-6005
09-14-2006, 09:28 PM

He must like our influences, I'm guessing.

Or maybe he's drunk off his ass.
All of these are true.

I'm planning on listening to Mike's over the weekend. And Dain's thread is new, so it caught my attention. I don't really come into Your Band that much anymore, since I haven't updated in forever, and it basically makes me forget about what other people go through.

I'll check Mike's out eventually - that thread's gotten a lot of attention, but most of it has been from you.

And to be honest, I don't find the influences anything special. I'm just hoping it's a mildly different sound from the influences, otherwise I'm pretty sure I won't end up listening to it long.

Apathy
09-17-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm always curious to see what your band sounds like, and whenever you post a topic you never have any music.

Chop Chop!

Apathy
10-01-2006, 05:45 PM
You fail.

That is all.

DeAtHsTaR
10-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Your god damn right we fail. Someone is always gone so we can never record and we actually do have full lineup we don't have the time to record.

Apathy
10-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Back to your lying ways I see.

"We might have a song recorded this weekend."

DeAtHsTaR
10-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Back to your lying ways I see.

"We might have a song recorded this weekend."
Wha???????

Apathy
10-03-2006, 06:24 PM
maybe your friend posted it or something.

"Buncha new pics, and we are still looking for a vocalist! We might have a song recorded this weekend"

On Mythpathe,foo.

DeAtHsTaR
10-03-2006, 06:29 PM
maybe your friend posted it or something.

"Buncha new pics, and we are still looking for a vocalist! We might have a song recorded this weekend"

On Mythpathe,foo.

Oh must have been one of my bandmates.... last night I did tell Travis that we need to record at least one song this weekend, and he agreed. I sure hope we get around to it.

DeAtHsTaR
10-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Well, we recorded a low quality boombox recording, two songs. Now it's just a matter of Travis taking the time to upload them... *sighs* it's on tape...

DeAtHsTaR
10-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Rough instrumentals posted. Sorry about the month-long delay. Shitty quality but you get the idea. Can't hear the drums well....all first take though! On track 1 I mess up a bit near the end.

Compliments? Constructive criticism?

And yes, I know my playing is horrible in the first song. I was sick that day, and it was our newest song so I didn't know it too well.

no_way
10-15-2006, 09:09 PM
I like it very much. I don't know what kind of constructive criticism I can give you. Maybe get a vocalist... That's all I can say. But you have a great sound! Keep it up

DeAtHsTaR
10-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Thanks! Someone is trying out to be our vocalist on Saturday.

DeAtHsTaR
10-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Come on... I just want your honest opinions of this, so more people post! Everyone loves it so far, but then again, most of those people are friends with us.

T-6005
10-16-2006, 08:22 PM
That's so hugely pop-punk.

You guys sound like Lucky 7 or some similar band.

I suppose maybe with vocals it could be interesting.

At least it sounds like you guys can keep in time with each other on the instruments you play. That's important.

coke_a_holic
10-16-2006, 08:38 PM
It gets old, man, you need some bridges or variety to go into. You can't really jam around a pop-punk song, you need some interludes and stuff to sort of accentuate it. You guys have the timing right, and maybe it just needs vocals, but it feels like a circle that gets older every revolution. If the songs were like half the size they are, I would enjoy them more than I do.

Basically: get some differentiation besides the same few instrumental parts repeating and it'll be awesome. Still, good work! Better than I expected, for sure, for sure.

EDIT: after getting further into Track 2, you need more things like that little clean part about 3 minutes in. It sounds nice to get that differentiation from the normal sound.

DeAtHsTaR
10-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Well, whatever. I'm not in the band anymore.

Bad things happen to bad people such as myself.

coke_a_holic
10-16-2006, 08:59 PM
In 4 hours you went from promoting the band to being ousted?

Harsh.

DeAtHsTaR
10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Well it's all shitty now as I had such huge hopes for this band, but now I might be starting a ska-punk band, so maybe this happened for a reason....

T-6005
10-17-2006, 11:15 AM
So high school....

Chill out and try and just have fun with the bands. Don't take them too seriously and maybe you won't be crippled by sadness when they end or you're kicked out. You will just whistling on your merry way of fun and lightheartedness.

DeAtHsTaR
10-17-2006, 11:40 AM
The thing is, everyone in the band was really serious about the music. I guess they just wanted someone with more experience. The two that chose to kick me out have been playing for four years.

Apathy
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Hmm, seems like I missed the oppurtune time to comment on the music.

I really like track one. Good basic pop-punk. As long as you have a decent singer you'll sound it'll sound nice.

My advice though, is don't book any shows for them. In fact, don't do anything for them. They kicked you out, they obviously don't want you involved in the music.
Don't be a pop-punk bands bitch.

but now I might be starting a ska-punk band
and good luck with this. It's impossibly hard. I've been trying to start one for a good year or so. Found two people who would want to join. One doesn't actually play anything, but has A practice room, a drum set, amps, and guitars. (Odd, huh?) and the other plays guitar, says he likes ska, but doesn't actually know anything about it.

I tried to teach him how to play a basic ska guitar part, he still doesn't get it. He'll just play whatever he feels like with upstrokes everywhere. And he also doesn't seem to understand that ska doesn't = rock + horns.

DeAtHsTaR
10-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Hmm, seems like I missed the oppurtune time to comment on the music.

I really like track one. Good basic pop-punk. As long as you have a decent singer you'll sound it'll sound nice.

My advice though, is don't book any shows for them. In fact, don't do anything for them. They kicked you out, they obviously don't want you involved in the music.
Don't be a pop-punk bands bitch.

and good luck with this. It's impossibly hard. I've been trying to start one for a good year or so. Found two people who would want to join. One doesn't actually play anything, but has A practice room, a drum set, amps, and guitars. (Odd, huh?) and the other plays guitar, says he likes ska, but doesn't actually know anything about it.

I tried to teach him how to play a basic ska guitar part, he still doesn't get it. He'll just play whatever he feels like with upstrokes everywhere. And he also doesn't seem to understand that ska doesn't = rock + horns.

Well, the ting is, I'm friends with them and I don't want to cut off ties completely with them.

And about the ska band, a guitarist found me, now we just need a drummer. We're not gonna have horns, just ska-punk like Op-Ivy, stuff like that.

Apathy
10-17-2006, 07:08 PM
That's what I was going for with mine. When I told the guitarist we didn't need horns, he immediately stated, "Oh, I thought you wanted a ska band?" I told him ska bands don't need horns, look at Operation Ivy, or Suicide Machines. He then proceeded to tell me that if the band doesn't have horns they can't be ska.

Other than that he's a wonderful person.

DeAtHsTaR
10-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Well, the guy I'm starting a band with already knows there's no horns, as he started the band.

wazzup22
10-19-2006, 02:42 AM
You have the same bass as me :D

K1llboy Powerhead
10-19-2006, 05:41 AM
That Falling Short song you made sounds ok to me.

DeAtHsTaR
10-19-2006, 08:29 AM
You have the same bass as me :D
Impossible, mine is by a local brand in a shop a couple miles from my house.

Unless you ordered it from dragonfireguitars.com?

H1T_That
10-27-2006, 11:33 AM
The myspace says you're not in the band, Dain.

Edit: Nevermind.

Original prankstA
11-07-2006, 01:49 PM
this is really odd, some guy named fatty is their bassist, and he isn't you

(directed to deathstar)

DeAtHsTaR
11-07-2006, 02:59 PM
this is really odd, some guy named fatty is their bassist, and he isn't you

(directed to deathstar)
Read the thread, dumbass. I got kicked out of the band the day after recording.

Apathy
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
haha, I love how everyone tries to rip on you just because you're dain, and they think they can get away with it.

Even when they obviously can't.

I don't know if you had anything to do with "The Last Punk Rock Song", but it sounds terrible compared to the other one that's up.

coke_a_holic
11-07-2006, 03:36 PM
If you still talk to the guitarist at all, ask him if he likes to rape ears with fucking trebled tones or if he's willing to apologize for them. My cochlea has been violated and it is not right.

DeAtHsTaR
11-07-2006, 03:52 PM
haha, I love how everyone tries to rip on you just because you're dain, and they think they can get away with it.

Even when they obviously can't.

I don't know if you had anything to do with "The Last Punk Rock Song", but it sounds terrible compared to the other one that's up.
I did, but I don't play on the recording that's up there now. I played on the first draft of it which was the same but with shitty recording.

Original prankstA
11-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Read the thread, dumbass. I got kicked out of the band the day after recording.

oh, my bad