PDA

View Full Version : Sister Hazel

Llamas
09-18-2006, 03:03 AM
No thread's been made before... Sister Hazel is possibly my favorite band in the world. I have all of their albums, including the live LIVE album and the DVD "the life in a day". I've seen them live 3 times and have been front row for all three shows... the first show was what put them number one in my list. Just purely amazing shows. Does anyone else like them? It seems that most people only know the song "All For You", which is sad because that's one of my least favorite songs by them. Has anyone else seen them live? They're also releasing their 6th LP on october 10th... I'm excited for it, even though the last album was a bit of a disappointment.

ninthlayer
09-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Sister Hazel blows, like, for serious.

But I bet bd007h likes them.

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-18-2006, 04:32 AM
what genre are sister hazel?

Llamas
09-18-2006, 06:01 AM
allmusic.com lists them as:

* Post-Grunge
* Adult Alternative Pop/ Rock
* American Trad Rock
* Alternative Pop/ Rock

I'd say the second and fourth genre is the most encompassing. Their first album was very, very raw and bluegrassy... the next two were very alternative pop/rock... the most recent three broke that mold a lot (the album "Chasing Daylight" won awards for being the best indie record of 2002). The past 3 albums have covered more genres, like funk and some harder rock.

All About Eve
09-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I have only have Fortress; it has some good songs (mainly Change Your Mind), although the middle/late of the album is kind of boring.

Llamas
09-18-2006, 01:15 PM
mmm, I love change your mind, champagne high, your winter, strange cup of tea, out there, and fortress... some of my favorite songs ever. I love their ballads.

bd007h
09-18-2006, 01:15 PM

I only know one song by them.

JohnnyNemesis
09-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Sister Hazel blows, like, for serious.

I swear, that was the exact reaction I had word for word, to this thread's title.

I'm one of many who only know two songs by 'em, one of them being "All For You".

All About Eve
09-18-2006, 05:48 PM
I like All for You as well, hence me getting Sam to send it a while back, but it's not on my cd.

randman21
09-19-2006, 07:33 AM
I'm merely a casual fan of Sister Hazel. However, "Change Your Mind" is one of my all-time favorite songs. I also like "All for You".