PDA

View Full Version : Brief on French politics

Duskygrin
09-18-2006, 10:03 AM
. .

T-6005
09-18-2006, 10:25 AM
I strongly dislike Segolene Royal. She strikes me as extremely evasive on political issues, basically making her a political media-whore.

For the record, though, I'm not voting in the next election.

Killer Dwarf
09-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Hey Duskygrin,

Your English is better than mine and it's my first and only language, but I have a question for you.

Why do the French hate the Americans?

0r4ng3
09-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Because of generalizations like that.

Killer Dwarf
09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Because of generalizations like that.

LOL, thanks but I want a more detailed answer, not a general answer. And from a French not an American.
Unless ur French? Are you French?
Thanks

RickyCrack
09-18-2006, 05:18 PM
80% of the world hates America. Why descriminate and just care about the French opinion?

Sunny
09-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Hey Duskygrin,

Your English is better than mine and it's my first and only language, but I have a question for you.

Why do the French hate the Americans?

Europeans hate Americans for the most retarded reasons. I'm European, living in the US, and the more time I spend here the more clear it is to me that my fellow Europeans really don't know jack shit about America, and their "hatred" is based on really ridiculous - and outdated - assumptions.

0r4ng3
09-18-2006, 09:03 PM
So, uh...why do they hate us? Like, what are these ridiculous and outdated assumptions?

T-6005
09-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Who says we/they hate America?

Most of the people I know back home don't care one way or the other. Europeans in touch with the American culture seem to develop a natural aversion to it, perhaps to cling to some kind of identity or to seem more interesting or some other such stupid reason.

RickyCrack
09-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Since you're French, maria, (I refuse to give you the satisfaction of capitalizing your name) I really don't respect your opinion.

Mark_Bryan_420
09-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Europeans hate Americans for the most retarded reasons. I'm European, living in the US, and the more time I spend here the more clear it is to me that my fellow Europeans really don't know jack shit about America, and their "hatred" is based on really ridiculous - and outdated - assumptions.NOW YER TALKIN'!:D

Tigger Army
09-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Europeans hate Americans for the most retarded reasons. (...) and their "hatred" is based on really ridiculous - and outdated - assumptions.

And ofcourse numerous american IDIOTS on forums such as this one ;)

T-6005
09-19-2006, 12:34 PM
I like de Villepin.

And the reason I'm not voting is because I know less about French politics than your average Japanese tourist.

Killer Dwarf
09-19-2006, 02:42 PM
And ofcourse numerous american IDIOTS on forums such as this one ;)

And stupid clown avatars

Tigger Army
09-19-2006, 03:17 PM
I see you felt like you were personally spoken too. I suppose you have your reasons

Killer Dwarf
09-19-2006, 03:57 PM
And stupid clown avatars
I see you felt like you were personally spoken too. I suppose you have your reasons

Hmmm, I can see you're upset. Tell me why you think your avatar is stupid...
;)

Tigger Army
09-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Hmmm, I can see you're upset. Tell me why you think your avatar is stupid...
;)

oh come on! It's a fucking clown OFCOURSE it is stupid! :)

Killer Dwarf
09-19-2006, 06:06 PM
oh come on! It's a fucking clown OFCOURSE it is stupid! :)

No way! I like it.

Tizzalicious
09-20-2006, 12:16 AM
This is so strange...

Sexy Panda
09-20-2006, 01:16 AM
Wow what a stereotypical frenchperson Dusky makes. I didn't think you lot were really like that (there go those damn generalisations again). Sargolene looks french, now that's an ideological argument that I can get along with.

Yeah that was really naughty of you Sunny, don't speak for the Australians either you bitch.

Whiplash
09-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Europeans hate Americans for the most retarded reasons. I'm European, living in the US, and the more time I spend here the more clear it is to me that my fellow Europeans really don't know jack shit about America, and their "hatred" is based on really ridiculous - and outdated - assumptions.

Thats BS and you know it, Most europeans still respect the US for what they did in the first and second world war, Atleast i still do.

And by the way, Where in europe are from?

T-6005
09-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Yes, BUT you're giving your vote to somebody else, that may know even less... or that may have a tangentially different opinion from yours. Is this the right choice? Too many ppl act like that nowadays.
I'm not giving my vote to anyone. If I vote blank, which is what I would do anyway, it wouldn't change the final outcome.

To be honest, I feel that although I refuse to vote due to my ignorance of the situation, there are 50 million others who do vote despite theirs.

Sexy Panda
09-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Thats BS and you know it, Most europeans still respect the US for what they did in the first and second world war, Atleast i still do.

And by the way, Where in europe are from?

Really you can't call BS until she elaborates. What you can say is that you doubt her claims and ask her to back them up.

Ending your sentence with 'at least I still do', severely weakens your argument. It reduces the entire breadth of your knowledge down to personal belief.

Whiplash
09-22-2006, 04:44 AM
All i'm saying is that i don't know any people who hate the US. And i know my fare share of people;) .

And i don't see any reason to hate the americans, Hate there leaders...ok thats fine.....Hate the population.....thats just bullcrap.....

Tigger Army
09-22-2006, 12:05 PM
well yes, Whiplash actually has a point when he says most people hate the US gouvernment and not the people. Ofcourse the Americans are joked about (then again what nation isn't the point of mockery by at least one other nation) but hated? I don't think it's THAT bad.

Oh and Sunny is from Poland by the way