PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't have posted here...

no_way
09-24-2006, 11:03 AM
... But this just too good. And I've noticed a taste for softer music in here. So this is my new song: Friends Forever. I wrote it when I had a big fight with a friend.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6ATUrzMnk

PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASE listen to it and comment!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be forever thankful!

killer_queen
09-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Incredibly stupid lyrics and fucking full of clichés.

Okay let's try to be less honest. Or harsh. It didn't hurt my ears. I wouldn't say "turn it down for God's sake!!1" if I heard it somewhere else. But it's just impossible to notice it. You were angry or sad when you had that fight with your friend, right? Well, you should make people feel the same when they listen to your song. I know, sounds cliché but music is all about your feelings and if you can't show them on your songs you can't write good songs.

And I think, a flute or a violin solo by the end of the song would make it more catchy and nice and girly. Keep that in mind. And don't ever give up.

no_way
09-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Really? I thought the lyrics was the best part of my work, funny. Well, I didn't write it when we had the fight, I did it when I was recalling it from some time later. It's majorly about realising that the word forever is too big to use it, and that I discovered that she's been lying to me saying that I could count on her. I didn't notice anything cliché on it, but maybe there is, specially in the bridge, I hate the bridge, I need to change it. Thanks anyway.

Conspiracy of One
09-24-2006, 11:26 AM
All I had to do was read the thread title. After doing so I had the immediate question of "Then why did you?"

But I agree with Gulsah, adding a violin solo would be a great addition. It would add more of a Beatles-esque type of style, similar to their string section featured on Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

no_way
09-24-2006, 11:29 AM
All I had to do was read the thread title. After doing so I had the immediate question of "Then why did you?"

First of all, that was a sad sad attempt of a "joke".

The thread title had this: "..." at the end. That means that I'm going to follow the sentence in the start of the thread. Fair enough?

And my best friends plays flute, I'll sure make her do some solo now, thanks for the suggestion too. I don't have a violin, so...

killer_queen
09-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Mmm, everyone has the similar situations on their life but it seems like you were a little late. I really like your voice, by the way. With some training you can get lot better. Which means you're incredibly lucky. I know I'm damn talented but because of having a bad voice I always miss the chance of being the front man. :(

Anyways, you're also not bad with the guitar. Do you have anyone who plays something isn't guitar-bas-drums? If you don't that's just too bad. Classical instruments make music richer.

Edit; bah, I didn't see your post. Ignore the last part.

Whiplash
09-24-2006, 11:34 AM
You're singin was very good and so was the guitar, But the lyrics where crap.

sorry:(

no_way
09-24-2006, 11:38 AM
I know I'm damn talented but because of having a bad voice I always miss the chance of being the front man. :(

Awwww. Well don't worry, you can do plenty of other things instead. M guitar teacher doesn't even have a voice, but he plays the guitar so good it looks like it makes it sing wonderfully. So having a voive isn't everything that it's required.

I also have a pianist, that plays the piano in a spectacular way. I'll consider putting the piano in that song too, if it doesn't get too overloaded.

no_way
09-24-2006, 11:38 AM
You're singin was very good and so was the guitar, But the lyrics where crap.

sorry:(

:( :( :(

That's ok. Thanks anyway!

no_way
09-24-2006, 11:41 AM
LOLZ, I just noticed that in one chord I make it looks like I'm giving the finger :o What a shame...

Conspiracy of One
09-24-2006, 11:42 AM
I'd just like to say, before we get any further into this, that nobody needs to say "Sorry" after giving their opinions. They asked for an opinion, you don't need to apologize afterwards. I see that all the time, I don't get it.

But anyways, the lyrics needed some fine-tuning and the flute solo would be a nice touch. Even adding a little flurry of notes during the weaker section (the bridge, in this case) would be neat. Good luck.

no_way
09-24-2006, 11:43 AM
I'd just like to say, before we get any further into this, that nobody needs to say "Sorry" after giving their opinions. They asked for an opinion, you don't need to apologize afterwards.

I never noticed that, but it's a good point.

mrconeman
09-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Nice voice, really. Rythmicly the timing on your strumming was a touch off, but thats perfectly understandable with no drummer, and singing at the same time, nice enough chord progression...I didnt care for the lyrics really, but thats just not my kind of song.

Well done, you have potential.

no_way
09-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Actually, I do have a problem on following rythms, but I'm working on it. Thank you!

Mr. Orange
09-25-2006, 06:31 AM
Very good. You’re definitely a talented singer/guitarist (of course, I already knew that) but it’s good to hear you play one of your own songs. You’re a good songwriter too. Even if you don’t like that kind of music I think you have to recognize the talent.

no_way
09-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Thank you very very very much!!! I didn't expect so many good comments really, but oh well... :o

T-6005
09-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, the only weaknesses are a certain strumming irregularity and maybe the lyrics as well.

H1T_That
09-26-2006, 02:06 PM
I thought your guitar playing was great, and i think you're a really good singer. I think you should have ended the song a little sooner though, it seemed very repetative. I didn't like the lyrics, however i can't really relate to them. I guess if i could relate to them more i would have liked them more. All in all i liked it, and would encourage you to write more.

no_way
09-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks, and yeah, I also started to think I'd better end the song sooner. And I'll do that by cutting out the bridge, that imo sucks (and I was the one who wrote it). New version, coming soon.