PDA

View Full Version : "Say Goodnight", and other Voodoo Glow Skulls tracks.

JohnnyNemesis
09-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Okay, I know that they're one of the most hated bands around, and for good reason. But I just wanna say that "Say Goodnight" by the Voodoo Glow Skulls is one of the best songs I've ever heard. I was obsessed with it years ago, and it came on random on my iTunes recently, so I've been listening to it a little more often. It's just sooooooo fuckin' good!

What are your thoughts on this band? Please try to keep personal stories on bad concert experiences or random "lolz they sukk" comments out.

0r4ng3
09-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Uh, why are they the most hated band around? I've never heard anything about them.

Apathy
09-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Voodoo Glow Skulls = Very hated in tha ska scene.

I haven't actually heard them myself, I was scared to listen because I've heard nothing but negative press.

coke_a_holic
09-24-2006, 05:00 PM
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/comics/20020301.jpg

ps: lolz tehy sukk

0r4ng3
09-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Epitaph only had 17 bands signed at the time?

LOL!

coke_a_holic
09-24-2006, 05:16 PM
No, 17 crappy bands. There could've been a few good ones... possibly.

0r4ng3
09-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Uh...

whoosh!

JohnnyNemesis
09-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Voodoo Glow Skulls = Very hated in tha ska scene.

Indeed.

Mitch Clem's rant that accompanied the strip Mike posted is a good example. Mitch went to a show where VGS were performing, and apparently some people in the front row were heckling and booing them. They stopped everything and refused to let the show continue until the people were removed.

As if that's not disgraceful enough, I've heard that they pull that shit ALL the time. I've talked to so many friends over the years who've had similar experiences.

The music itself is pretty darn good sometimes though.

Apathy
09-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I had a craving to post that exact comic.

Then I realized that whenever I see a thread with a NN2S comic about the band I post the comic without saying anything else.

I used to love NN2S, only recently I realized how much I hate it. Mitch basically just seems to be a fanboy for a few bands and then hate everything else. Eh. There were a few absolute golden comics though... the whole Mitch Clem Sells Out/Tru Punx thing was awesome.

Llamas
09-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I like a couple VGS songs. Not a huge fan. They aren't really that talented, but I do like "say goodnight" and "stranded in the jungle". I always knew they were hated, but I never knew why. I just figured it was cause they're not that talented, haha.

BuddyHolly
09-25-2006, 10:47 AM
I've never heard anything about the bands attitude before but I really do like there music