insaneChucky
09-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Why are tehy horrible?

H1T_That
09-25-2006, 01:00 PM
They tried to make music.

Nina
09-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Used to like them a lot but I grew out of them a bit.
Everyone makes fun of their lyrics but I think their lyrics are the best part. They only have few songs that go "you are sttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllaaaaar" or "iiiiii wwish you were heeerree", but for the most part the lyrics fascinated me most because they arent simple (i hate simple lyrics, hence why I dont like those particular songs).

Endymion
09-25-2006, 02:57 PM
philip seymour hoffman fucking janet reno >>> incubus

Llamas
09-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Used to like them a lot but I grew out of them a bit.
Everyone makes fun of their lyrics but I think their lyrics are the best part. They only have few songs that go "you are sttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllaaaaar" or "iiiiii wwish you were heeerree", but for the most part the lyrics fascinated me most because they arent simple (i hate simple lyrics, hence why I dont like those particular songs).

this post kind of embodies my opinion of incubus. I was a decent fan senior year of highschool/freshman of college, around the release of "Make Yourself". I liked the lyrics to "The Warmth" and "Pardon Me" a lot. Stellar was annoying as crap, and the albums afterward had bad lyrics. Megalomaniac was lame, and that whole album was a waste of $10. :(

ninthlayer
09-26-2006, 02:32 AM
The only song I like by Incubus is Stellar.

Llamas
09-26-2006, 02:33 AM
ursewst00p1d.

Nina
09-26-2006, 05:31 AM
The only song I like by Incubus is Stellar.

Ever heard the acoustic version? It's surprisingly good.

H1T_That
09-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Actually, I quite like Make A Move, which they did for the film Stealth.

JohnnyNemesis
09-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Stellar is the worst fucking song of all time. And all of their lyrics are pretentious and horrible and I want Incubus dead fuck.

Llamas
09-26-2006, 07:00 PM
I do like that the video for "drive" was filmed at my school in our alumni center, though. pretty sweet.

EDIT: and, as though walking by it every day wasn't enough, seeing it from the inside in that video makes it even more obvious how much of a grotesque waste of money and space that place is... fucking biggest alumni center I've ever seen... and it replaced the football field they tore down and decided not to rebuild. :-/ FUCK YOU INCUBUS!

Jakebert
09-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Stellar is the worst fucking song of all time. And all of their lyrics are pretentious and horrible and I want Incubus dead fuck.

Agreed. I don't mind pretentious lyrics, but there's a difference between someone writing that way because that's how they write and someone who's obviously trying to look smarter than they are. Guess which one Incubus falls under.

Llamas
09-26-2006, 07:26 PM
I had to listen to the song to get the lyrics... I don't really see how they're pretentious at all. I actually think that they're just kinda lame. I now remember, though, this being the only song on "Make Yourself" that I always skipped.

Jakebert
09-27-2006, 08:39 PM
I agree that they're lame, but I personally think they're lame because of the attempts at being pretentious that completely fail.