PDA

View Full Version : Nightwish anybody?

Aimee Osbourne
09-27-2006, 01:48 PM
:rolleyes: Hey! Does anybody like Nightwish?!?!? I LOVE them! Tarja's got an awesome voice! :D :D

Tigger Army
09-27-2006, 01:51 PM
:rolleyes: Hey! Does anybody like Nightwish?!?!? I LOVE them! Tarja's got an awesome voice! :D :D

seriously? I thought Tarja was the major drawback of the band. Luckily she's out though

Yatesy
09-27-2006, 02:45 PM
seriously? I thought Tarja was the major drawback of the band. Luckily she's out though

Same here, not that she wasn't talented, just that her voice can be a bit irritating at times. Minus I Wish I Had An Angel and Nemo, they are a good band but those songs really are bad.

All About Eve
09-27-2006, 06:29 PM
I like Tarja, although I'm interested to hear their next release. Nemo was my favorite; although I only have Once.

DeAtHsTaR
09-27-2006, 06:34 PM
They're pretty good.

Come out and smash'em up!
09-30-2006, 03:00 AM
i have the highest hopes cd, it has some great songs like elvenpath,kinslayer,wishmaster,dead to the world.... and many more, lets see what kind of singer they will get

wheelchairman
09-30-2006, 04:53 AM
Tarja was the only thing that separated thing from other trashmetal. I mean seriously, it's what separated them and made them good. Without it, they are literally nothing.

With her, I like them. I haven't heard without, so I'll have to wait, but it's probably le bad. :(

Tigger Army
09-30-2006, 05:57 AM
Tarja was the only thing that separated thing from other trashmetal. I mean seriously, it's what separated them and made them good. Without it, they are literally nothing.

With her, I like them. I haven't heard without, so I'll have to wait, but it's probably le bad. :(

trashmetal? I know power metal, I know gothic metal I know thrash metal, but trash metal? Though it sounds like the right name for Nightwish WITH Tarja

wheelchairman
09-30-2006, 06:08 AM
Trashmetal is my name for any subgenre of metal because I don't want to think about it.

But without Tarja we just have another Sonata Arctica (which is a good band) singing about elves. Gaaay.

Tigger Army
09-30-2006, 06:45 AM
They have pretty decent music really, but Tarja has one of the most annoying female vocals in the history of world music (my opinion ofcourse). Special it is I can give her that

wheelchairman
09-30-2006, 08:34 AM
The music is decent, but it's not spectacular. The reason they are so universally popular, even outside the metal world, is because of the singer. A classically trained opera singer. You might not like it, but I love it. I mean let's face, the guy from Sonata Arctica does sound good, but he does have one of the ugliest voices ever. :(

Rocky-girl
09-30-2006, 09:02 AM
I love them too<3!

Tigger Army
09-30-2006, 03:46 PM
The music is decent, but it's not spectacular. The reason they are so universally popular, even outside the metal world, is because of the singer. A classically trained opera singer.

that's hardly original though, most of the gothic metal scene exists of bands with a classically trained opera singer (generally sopranos). So you can't really call it original. They're well known indeed but that has more to do with the easy listening style they have compared to most bands (read: the complete and total absense of a grunter/male singer and the relatively soft guitar playing).

Granted Tarja's technique is good (like most of the soprano's in metal really) but I really don't like her sound (but yes that's personal). I'd prefer a Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation) though their last CD wasn't exactly what I hoped for.

wheelchairman
09-30-2006, 04:47 PM
I also like Within Temptation. But their hippie bullshit bothers me. :( A boy living in a forest, wtf?

Ev.Genius
10-01-2006, 10:45 AM
nightwish... yeah its rulezz)
i don't know 'em good but everything thati heard was amazing
sh** i forgot names of the songs... but i know that its cool play heroes 5 and listening to nightwish

Ev.Genius
10-01-2006, 10:46 AM
nightwish... yeah its rulezz)
i don't know 'em good but everything thati heard was amazing
sh** i forgot names of the songs... but i know that its cool play heroes 5 and listen to nightwish)