PDA

View Full Version : Mouthwash

JohnnyNemesis
10-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Unbelievably good 2tone ish band. Go download "Live Like Kings" and "We Evolve" if you've never heard of them. If you HAVE heard of them, discuss them here.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-01-2006, 01:50 PM
I've had "We Evolve" on my playlist for a long period of time and never really got past anything than a few listens. I'm listening to the song right now and it sounds like I'll need a few more listens to feel a want to check out more from Mouthwash.

Apathy
10-01-2006, 03:34 PM
I've heard one song, and it was pretty boring. I've been meaning to listen to more because I keep getting them as a recommendation, but their myspace doesn't work for me.

http://www.myspace.com/mouthwash

I was told by friends to listen to 'Fools Gold', and 'Competing for Frequency'. Can't find either of them anywhere.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Bump, because this band was brought up in another thread, and I'm listening to Mouthwash right now and I want uploads or a link to more songs, please.

JohnnyNemesis
12-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks for bumping this, homie. Here are a few links to some good songs:

Mouthwash - Fool's Gold (http://download.yousendit.com/9EF928621ABF0115)

Mouthwash - Live Like Kings (http://download.yousendit.com/4C866D1074419D5E)

If y'all want more, I'll upload more.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-01-2006, 04:28 PM
"Live Like Kings" is really good, and "Fool's Gold" is even better. I think I like them both better than "We Evolve", even though that isn't a bad song either, but it took me a while to grow into it.

One more good song, and I'm calling Grandma to add one more thing to my Christmas list.

JohnnyNemesis
12-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Ha! Well, you better get yo' grandma on the phone! (http://download.yousendit.com/EDE2285E4AC700B2)

78 Water
12-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Thank you JohhnyNemises! I love these guys!

JohnnyNemesis
12-01-2006, 04:33 PM
No problem! Enjoy!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-01-2006, 04:37 PM
This was the kind of song I was looking for, yes. The only downside to this situation, is that I need to wait 23 more days until I get more. :( *hint*

JohnnyNemesis
12-01-2006, 04:38 PM
I could just send you their entire album for free if you like...

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Yes, that'd be really, really, really, really nice, but I hate it when I really like an album and I don't have it in CD format. Hence, why The Art of Drowning, Turn of the Screw, and Keasbey Nights are also on Santa's list.

WebDudette
12-01-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm listening to N 68 right now and I like it but it isn't really keeping my attention.

Unrelated, when my friend was going through the DM forum I seen a post by DaPantz *thumbs up*. I lawled.

Llamas
12-01-2006, 10:17 PM
It's okay... his voice sounds really familiar... the music itself is pretty bland to me.

H1T_That
12-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Sounds pretty funky. I'll get some more of their songs later.

Amiralanal
12-02-2006, 09:57 AM
i thought this thread was about mouthwash:(

0r4ng3
12-02-2006, 10:04 AM
It is about Mouthwash. Where have you been?

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Unrelated, when my friend was going through the DM forum I seen a post by DaPantz *thumbs up*. I lawled.

lawlzlawlz lololol, I wonder who that could be ;) ;) ;)

Amiralanal
12-02-2006, 10:09 AM
It is about Mouthwash. Where have you been?

Mouthwash
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Mouth rinse or mouthwash is a product used for oral hygiene. Antiseptic and anti-plaque mouth rinse claims to kill the germs that cause plaque, gingivitis, and bad breath. Anti-cavity mouth rinse uses fluoride to protect against tooth decay. However, it is generally agreed that the use of mouthwash does not eliminate the need for both brushing and flossing.

Common use involves rinsing the mouth with about 20 ml (2/3 fl oz) of mouthwash two times a day after brushing. The mouthwash is typically swished or gargled for about half a minute and then spat out.

Active ingredients in commercial brands of mouthwash can include thymol, eucalyptol, hexetidine, methyl salicylate, menthol, chlorhexidine gluconate, benzalkonium chloride, cetylpyridinium chloride, methylparaben, hydrogen peroxide and sometimes fluoride, enzymes and calcium. Ingredients also include water, sweeteners such as sorbitol and sodium saccharine, and a significant amount of alcohol (around 20%). Because of the alcohol content, it is possible to fail a breathalyzer test after rinsing. Many newer brands are alcohol-free.

A salt mouthwash is a home treatment for mouth infections and/or injuries, or post extraction, and is made by dissolving a teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water. Plain (diluted) hydrogen peroxide is another common mouthwash.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Because that really belongs in Other Bands.

So I really love the N 68 song they have on their myspace, but it's not downloadable. Anybody else have it?

Thanks for the other downloads Rick, I think I like Fool's Gold the best out of them. I've been meaning to ask, how do you get the artwork into the Itunes area for artwork? Because I've noticed all of the songs I download from you always have it. The only way I've been able to do it as drag the artwork there one at a time, and that's obviously not very efficient.

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm glad you like the downloads. I always make sure I have the artwork for each album I own because it's a neat little hobby. In iTunes, you can click on an album title and add artwork for the entire album in one fell swoop; I don't know if you're on PC or Mac, but instead of dragging the pictures one by one for each song, do it for the entire album.

I don't think I'm being clear, so tell me whether you understand or not.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Im on PC, and I'm not sure I understand.

I can click on "Get Info" for the song and there's a tab for artwork. At that point I can either upload an image from my computer or just copy and paste something into the little box they provide. There's a button that lets you go to the next song, but you have to upload it/copyandpaste it all over again for the next song. I can't find anything that just puts the artwork in for the entire album.

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Highlight all the songs for the album and then click "Get Info" and put the picture that way. I hope it works on PC.

78 Water
12-02-2006, 03:20 PM
I tried looking for information on Mouthwash, but I couldn't find anything. Is 1,000 Dreams thier only album?

Apathy
12-02-2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.epitaph.com/artists/artist/50

There's the band's bio 78 Water. Basically says that they released a few EP's, but they did it all DIY so they'll be hard nigh impossible to find. The only one easy to find is 1000 dreams, which is on Hellcat Records.

And Rick, it doesn't let me highlight songs. If I try it just drags the song in order to move it. Oh well though, thanks for the help.

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Hm. Try holding shift when you select multiple songs. Sorry if it doesn't work.

78 Water
12-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks Apathy. Looks like they had 2 Eps before.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 03:35 PM
No problem 78.

And no Rick, that only does something weird to my playlists. 'A' for Effort though.
...back on topic. I never would have guessed that they were on Hellcat records until I googled them for 78's question. I don't know what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn't Hellcat.

All About Eve
12-02-2006, 03:41 PM
I loved Fools Gold, and the other one was alright. Not something I'll listen to terribly often, though, I'm afraid.

H1T_That
12-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Just noticed they are unsigned. How the hell did you hear about them?

Edit: What the fuck is wrong with me, they are signed.