PDA

View Full Version : 15 Year Old Led Zeppelin Fans are Annoying Cunts

wheelchairman
10-04-2006, 05:16 AM
And yes I know I'm a double annoying cunt for pointing it out.

But seriously the most depressing thing about "Generation Y" (and I use the term patronizingly) is that the common attribute is getting into classic rock.

For one thing pretentious rock fans have been doing that since the 90s if not the 80s.

Second, it's just annoying to hear so many kids try and sound "cultured" by liking one of the following bands:
1. Led Zeppelin
2. The Yardbirds (actually people who like them are even more annoying than the LZ fans)
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Doors
5. Jimi Hendrix

Generally these people all create their own rockbands (which actually all sound the same, despite geographic distance) and act pretentious.

I hate you all.

p.s. Yes I know I like the Doors. I am somehow magically not one of you and better.

SuperKnux
10-04-2006, 12:21 PM
I couldn't agree more Wheelchairman.

T-6005
10-04-2006, 12:24 PM
4. The Doors
p.s. Yes I know I like the Doors. I am somehow magically not one of you and better.
The Doors shouldn't be on the list, that's why. They're far less popular for 15 year old musical elitists to get into.

I love me the Doors. Most of the others annoy me. A lot.

Llamas
10-04-2006, 12:50 PM
the thing is, I'd have no problem with kids liking that stuff... but the only kids who get into it are the ones who are trying to have the "oh my god I am so much more cultured than you because I listen to classic rock!" attitude. You listen to what you listen to, but it doesn't count when you are a kid who likes zeplin or pink floyd. Then it's just annoying.

opivy21
10-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Agreed.

lkhg

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-04-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm also going to agree. I used to be that way with AC/DC: all of my friends were walking around with AC/DC t-shirts, so I got into their music for that reason.
--
However, I like Led Zeppelin because my parents introduced me to them and Pink Floyd when I heard "Have A Cigar" on the radio one day.
--
All of those bands you listed have shirts featured in almost every Target or Wal-Mart.

mrconeman
10-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Agreed. Kids who get into it, or any other kind of music for the simple quest of joining a fad, or because it looks cool, should be shot.
I actually like the entire list (other than the Yardbirds) :(. But that's due to the simple fact that I enjoy the music, any other reason than that is ridiculous.

Jakebert
10-04-2006, 02:17 PM
I hate those kids too, because as someone who listens to all of those bands for the simple reason that I like them, I tend to get grouped with them, and it's annoying. I've never really seen that with the Yardbird here though. Mostly just Zeppelin.

0r4ng3
10-04-2006, 02:18 PM
There are kids (mostly my age) like that, but it's The Beatles instead of Led Zeppelin. They seem to think that, because I don't listen to them, I have a horrible taste in music.

H1T_That
10-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Its Leppelin and Pink Floyd for the kids round my area.

"look how more mature i am listening to classic rock rather than this emo crap"

*plays Stairway To Heaven/ Whole Lotta Love and Another Brick In The Wall.*

I agree, annoying it is.

DeAtHsTaR
10-04-2006, 03:13 PM
I love Jimi Hendrix.

coke_a_holic
10-04-2006, 03:22 PM
You're just jealous because we're more cultured than you, Per.

Jebus
10-04-2006, 03:26 PM
You know what's worst? Pretentious jazz whores. Seriously.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Even worse: Hippies who pretend to like bluegrass.

I liked The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, and a little bit of Queen at a pretty young age. Other than that, I agree with wheelchairman.

Llamas
10-04-2006, 04:10 PM

I've actually never run into anyone who loved jazz who was pretentious about it. However, what annoys me to NO end are pretentious classical nuts. I love classical music, but I get soooo annoyed with people who talk about classical all the time and don't think anything else is credible... or if I mention a composer from the 20th century and call it "classical" and they flip out and say that the classical period died however long ago... and the worst kinds are the ones who only like popular classical... beethoven, mozart, bach... it's fine if you like it, but god! It doesn't make you better than anyone!

I love Jimi Hendrix.

great contribution to this thread.. once again.

There are kids (mostly my age) like that, but it's The Beatles instead of Led Zeppelin. They seem to think that, because I don't listen to them, I have a horrible taste in music.

the beatles are just as bad for kids... omg they were like the best band ever! I know their entire history!!! it's terribly obnoxious.

BREAK
10-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Surprisingly, I agree. Kids should listen to their own generation's music, no matter how crappy it is. For shit's sake, at least wait until you get to college before you start getting into musicians who were great long before you were born.

DeAtHsTaR
10-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Surprisingly, I agree. Kids should listen to their own generation's music, no matter how crappy it is. For shit's sake, at least wait until you get to college before you start getting into musicians who were great long before you were born.
How about listening to whatever the fuck you want, no matter what era it came from?

no_way
10-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, I'm 15, and I enjoy most of that music, but I'm not a fan, nor do I have any of their discs nor do I go and "brag" about how "cultured" I am.

One side of me keeps saying: "so kids should listen to whatever you say, and when they listen crappy music you still "hate" them for it? What's wrong with you people?"

And the other side of me says: "Yeah, there are some kids who try to grow up faster than they should, and that can be an easy way to, music; but you shouldn't hate them for it. At least laugh at their backs. Are you that low to hate someone like that?"

All About Eve
10-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Wrong! Indie/Mars Volta type prog fans.

I agree, WCM. Wholeheartedly. Everyone I know is like, "omg let's get stoned and go listen to Pink Floyd because everything is better stoned and they're better than any other band ever." Blah.

coke_a_holic
10-04-2006, 06:11 PM
The Mars Volta is awesome, though! :(

And the absolute worst is the group that listens to music that is way mainstream, yet they don't realize that everyone that has ever lived has listened to the same stuff at some point. This one kid I know ALWAYS talks to me about Nirvana and Metallica, despite that I told him that I'm not particularly interested in either. He acts like there's something I/no one knows about either band, as if they've got some sort of underground cd collection that is completely different from anything that's constantly on the radio.

DeAtHsTaR
10-04-2006, 06:28 PM

And the absolute worst is the group that listens to music that is way mainstream, yet they don't realize that everyone that has ever lived has listened to the same stuff at some point. This one kid I know ALWAYS talks to me about Nirvana and Metallica, despite that I told him that I'm not particularly interested in either. He acts like there's something I/no one knows about either band, as if they've got some sort of underground cd collection that is completely different from anything that's constantly on the radio.Both of those band's best work is from albums not on the radio.

GBH2
10-04-2006, 06:56 PM
i like the doors.
...and as of tomorrow i am no longer 15.

Thomas
10-04-2006, 07:05 PM
I like Led Zeppelin because it just appeals to me. I actually didn't like them at first until I started paying attention to their music. The same is with The Beatles, except I REALLY didn't like them at first and now I ave almost all of their albums.

It's definitely not good to be elitist about listening to classic rock, but I definitely believe that music has progressively gotten worse over the past 2 or 3 decades, with exceptions, of course.

I don't like almost everything on MTV and the radio these days, but that's only as of the past 4 or 5 years. I like to listen to the best of both classic rock and "modern" rock, I guess you could say. Both eras have their gems, and both have those bands that just plain suck.

Personally, my favorite bands are The Offspring, Rush, The Beatles, Blink-182, SOAD, Led Zeppelin, and The RHCP. I like some of the "trendy" stuff on the radio today and some of the "elitist" music from the past. I don't see anything wrong in liking older music, just as long as you aren't an ass about it.

nieh
10-04-2006, 07:43 PM
I generally agree even though I loves me some Pink Floyd. Especially on the whole Zeppelin thing. Their fans refuse to accept the possibility that there are more talented guitarists/drummers around today. There are people that grew up listening to those guys and could play note for note everything on their albums by the time they were 14-15 and only got better from there.

It's definitely not good to be elitist about listening to classic rock, but I definitely believe that music has progressively gotten worse over the past 2 or 3 decades, with exceptions, of course.

I disagree for two main reasons:

1) People have a selective memory and always talk about how great things used to be. I'd bet there were just as many shitty generic bands in the 60s-70s as there are now, people just don't talk about them because they don't remember them. While I'll agree that most of the stuff on the radio is mediocre at best there still seems to be just as many decent popular bands now as there were back then. That brings me to my next point.

2) There is tons and tons of good music out now if you dig around a little and give it a chance.

IAmARevenant
10-04-2006, 08:25 PM

But seriously the most depressing thing about "Generation Y" (and I use the term patronizingly) is that the common attribute is getting into classic rock.

For one thing pretentious rock fans have been doing that since the 90s if not the 80s.

Second, it's just annoying to hear so many kids try and sound "cultured" by liking one of the following bands:
1. Led Zeppelin
2. The Yardbirds (actually people who like them are even more annoying than the LZ fans)
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Doors
5. Jimi Hendrix

Generally these people all create their own rockbands (which actually all sound the same, despite geographic distance) and act pretentious.

I hate you all.

Let me tell you something about me. I may be fourteen, but I listen to music because I like it. I don't give a shit if it's popular, uncool, classic, or modern. I don't try to apeal to anyone with my music taste, or try to look cultured or any of that. And I especially don't care if anyone else dislikes it, or if people dislike my music taste. I listen to Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd because the music sounds good to me. That's how it is for me.

There's my two cents, and I'm leaving it.

(btw, where I live, we despretly need more Zep fans)

T-6005
10-04-2006, 08:29 PM
I may be fourteen, but I listen to music because I like it.
Well of course you do. Would you like a pat on the head with that?

IAmARevenant
10-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Well of course you do. Would you like a pat on the head with that?
Dumbass. Do you even know the bands I listen to, bitch?

that's what I really hate about this forum. Everyone's all like, if you're 13 or 14, you don't know anything about music and have no taste and should kill yourself. Well they're just a bunch of stereotyping little bastards, because not all 13 year olds are the same. Sure, alot of them are either stupid little teenies or emo or goth losers or gangstas bragging about how they're so rich, but some are different. But I guess some people are too dumb and close minded to realize that.

0r4ng3
10-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Everyone's all like, if you're 13 or 14, you don't know anything about music and have no taste and should kill yourself. Well they're just a bunch of stereotyping little bastards, because not all 13 year olds are the same. Sure, alot of them are either stupid little teenies or emo or goth losers or gangstas bragging about how they're so rich, but some are different. But I guess some people are too dumb and close minded to realize that.I think the reason they/we generalize is because they/we were like that at that age. When I was 13, all I listened to was shitty nu metal. Actually, that was the year I started listening to The Offspring.

IAmARevenant
10-04-2006, 08:46 PM
I think the reason they/we generalize is because they/we were like that at that age. When I was 13, all I listened to was shitty nu metal. Actually, that was the year I started listening to The Offspring.
well a couple years ago, all I listened to was shitty pop rock like simple plan and good charlotte. But my music taste eventually changed (thank God).

DeAtHsTaR
10-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Yeah, now you listen to The Distillers! lawl

IAmARevenant
10-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah, now you listen to The Distillers! lawl
What the hell is everyone's deal with me listening to that fucking band? So what, you don't like it, That doesn't in any way mean you can go ridicule me for it. Like I said, I listen to music because I like it. And I don't care what anyone else thinks of it. Maybe you people should try not being such annoying cunts.

Retard
10-04-2006, 09:26 PM
hahahahaha all those bands on that list suck cept hendrix, that dudes the shit.

the kids around me all have an AC/DC and a Ramones shirt. and old 80's punkband shirts, really pisses me off. fucking emo kids

Llamas
10-04-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't give a shit if it's popular, uncool, classic, or modern. I don't try to apeal to anyone with my music taste, or try to look cultured or any of that. And I especially don't care if anyone else dislikes it, or if people dislike my music taste. (btw, where I live, we despretly need more Zep fans)

That seems rather counter-intuitive... you don't care if anyone else likes the bands you like, but you wish there were more bands that liked the band you like? hmm.

well a couple years ago, all I listened to was shitty pop rock like simple plan and good charlotte. But my music taste eventually changed (thank God).

What the hell is everyone's deal with me listening to that fucking band? So what, you don't like it, That doesn't in any way mean you can go ridicule me for it. Like I said, I listen to music because I like it. And I don't care what anyone else thinks of it. Maybe you people should try not being such annoying cunts.

So, first you made fun of some bands, indirectly making fun of people who like them. Then you get upset that people make fun of the distillers? You seem very hypocritical in this thread.

IAmARevenant
10-04-2006, 09:46 PM
yeah I am. But you guys are still jerks.

Llamas
10-04-2006, 10:56 PM

and thus, you are admitting that you are a jerk.

T-6005
10-04-2006, 11:16 PM

that's what I really hate about this forum. Everyone's all like, if you're 13 or 14, you don't know anything about music and have no taste and should kill yourself. Well they're just a bunch of stereotyping little bastards, because not all 13 year olds are the same. Sure, alot of them are either stupid little teenies or emo or goth losers or gangstas bragging about how they're so rich, but some are different. But I guess some people are too dumb and close minded to realize that.
We've been there. And your first post sounded exactly like what I've grown to expect from your average pubescent classic rock fan. You say you need more Led Zeppelin fans? Why? If you listen to them purely for the joy of it, there should be no need for it. Or do you want more people so you can all band together and laugh at these "teenies", goths, and "gangstas" from your superior vantage point in taste?

Seriously, wake up and realize that you feel superior about the type of music you listen to. You're likely to label rap as an inferior, horrible sort of music, and potential hatred for most if not all of the stuff on radio. If you like the Offspring, you'll only like Ignition and Self-titled or something.

You're a type. You just like to pretend you aren't. You'll grow out of it.

Of course we are.

Chill out about it, give it a few years - stop reacting so much. It's really too easy.

wheelchairman
10-05-2006, 03:24 AM
How about listening to whatever the fuck you want, no matter what era it came from?
Because your taste in music is only partially inspired by your own personal taste, and majorly inspired by your surroundings. I mean come on, judging by the rock stations in Oregon you would think grunge is still alive.

Well, I'm 15, and I enjoy most of that music, but I'm not a fan, nor do I have any of their discs nor do I go and "brag" about how "cultured" I am.

One side of me keeps saying: "so kids should listen to whatever you say, and when they listen crappy music you still "hate" them for it? What's wrong with you people?"

And the other side of me says: "Yeah, there are some kids who try to grow up faster than they should, and that can be an easy way to, music; but you shouldn't hate them for it. At least laugh at their backs. Are you that low to hate someone like that?"

I don't hate anyone for their taste in music, I just think I am intrinsically better than them.

And the absolute worst is the group that listens to music that is way mainstream, yet they don't realize that everyone that has ever lived has listened to the same stuff at some point. This one kid I know ALWAYS talks to me about Nirvana and Metallica, despite that I told him that I'm not particularly interested in either. He acts like there's something I/no one knows about either band, as if they've got some sort of underground cd collection that is completely different from anything that's constantly on the radio.
I hate Mars Volta fans. :(

i like the doors.
...and as of tomorrow i am no longer 15.
Yeah but I think I hate you most of all scarecrow.

Let me tell you something about me. I may be fourteen, but I listen to music because I like it. I don't give a shit if it's popular, uncool, classic, or modern. I don't try to apeal to anyone with my music taste, or try to look cultured or any of that. And I especially don't care if anyone else dislikes it, or if people dislike my music taste. I listen to Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd because the music sounds good to me. That's how it is for me.

There's my two cents, and I'm leaving it.

(btw, where I live, we despretly need more Zep fans)

Alright Reverant guy, your main problem is that you are 13 (or 14 whatever.) And are trying to act far older than you are. You can clearly see you are 14 by the abnormal amount of cursing you do, and you can't even really do it right. You have no control over your feelings and you don't think things through, that's how these guys can trap you within your own logic. Just relax, if you truly don't care, then show it. Calm down and argue coolly and calmly. Not like a whiney petulant child who is trying to impress people.

This thread makes me sad because I'm a 15 year old led zeppelin fan :(
But you like Primus. Electric Uncle Sam? I mean come on. But this thread was specifically targeted towards you, I'm still bitter about your dad interrupting my drunk phone call. :(

killer_queen
10-05-2006, 04:02 AM
I think kids who like music are annoying. You know, the ones who are like "take my eyes instead of my ears, I can't do without my music!!11". You call them elitists, right?

Anyway, I'm an exception of course. I like Pink Floyd, Hendrix and especially the Doors and music is a big part of my life but I'm so much better than you. I'm even better than Per but nobody knows it yet because I don't make out with everyone.

Tigger Army
10-05-2006, 04:17 AM
hahahahaha all those bands on that list suck cept hendrix, that dudes the shit.

the kids around me all have an AC/DC and a Ramones shirt. and old 80's punkband shirts, really pisses me off. fucking emo kids

what's wrong with wearing old 80's punkband shirts? If they were actually something different than the misfits, sex pistols or the ramones.

I personally wear a TSOL shirt once in a while and the CD that's on it was released around the year of my birth if I'm not mistaken (1981). The only thing I find disturbing that it's the same like 10 different band shirts you see on the streets these days.

And uhm... I've actually never ever seen a Led Zepelin fan in my life (other than on these kinds of messageboards)

IAmARevenant
10-05-2006, 05:42 AM
We've been there. And your first post sounded exactly like what I've grown to expect from your average pubescent classic rock fan. You say you need more Led Zeppelin fans? Why? If you listen to them purely for the joy of it, there should be no need for it. Or do you want more people so you can all band together and laugh at these "teenies", goths, and "gangstas" from your superior vantage point in taste?
I would like some more Zeppelin fans in my area so I would have at least some people to discuss Zeppelin with.

Alright Reverant guy, your main problem is that you are 13 (or 14 whatever.) And are trying to act far older than you are. You can clearly see you are 14 by the abnormal amount of cursing you do, and you can't even really do it right. You have no control over your feelings and you don't think things through, that's how these guys can trap you within your own logic. Just relax, if you truly don't care, then show it. Calm down and argue coolly and calmly. Not like a whiney petulant child who is trying to impress people.
I know I'm like that. I've kinda always been like that, and I sometimes (well, all the time) can't control it. I'm really trying to change, but I'm just dumb like that, and I think everyone can agree with that.

I'll take you're advice. thanx.

wheelchairman
10-05-2006, 06:55 AM
I know I'm like that. I've kinda always been like that, and I sometimes (well, all the time) can't control it. I'm really trying to change, but I'm just dumb like that, and I think everyone can agree with that.

You're 13, you haven't always been like anything. You're changing far too much. Quit with that self-esteem bullshit. Trying to change and calling yourself dumb. That's annoying, you're 13. You're supposed to be an ignorant little twit, you'll grow out of it slowly in the following years.

no_way
10-05-2006, 07:25 AM

Don't try to change, you're doing good. Don't try to be taken seriously in this forum, you won't. Not because you're stupid or you're not important, because that's how things work here. (see now how things turn heavy on me for what I'm saying)

You're 13, you haven't always been like anything. You're changing far too much. Quit with that self-esteem bullshit. Trying to change and calling yourself dumb. That's annoying, you're 13. You're supposed to be an ignorant little twit, you'll grow out of it slowly in the following years.

Seriously, people here should stop doing that. Denigrating people for their age, that is. Just don't waste your time talking about how shitty they are for being in that changing period, think yourself "I have more important things to do" if you want, but leave them alone, you're not making any good, and doesn't seem like you think you're superior than them, because if that was it, you wouldn't be talking to them or making a thread about it. Of course you think you're better than them and you are because you're older, but that gives you the right to tell them what to do? IGNORE them, and you'll see how it will all go away.

no_way
10-05-2006, 07:27 AM
I hate you all.

I don't hate anyone for their taste in music, I just think I am intrinsically better than them.

That was curious, I gotta say..

wheelchairman
10-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Seriously, people here should stop doing that. Denigrating people for their age, that is. Just don't waste your time talking about how shitty they are for being in that changing period, think yourself "I have more important things to do" if you want, but leave them alone, you're not making any good, and doesn't seem like you think you're superior than them, because if that was it, you wouldn't be talking to them or making a thread about it. Of course you think you're better than them and you are because you're older, but that gives you the right to tell them what to do? IGNORE them, and you'll see how it will all go away.

That's funny, I actually thought I was being nice to him.

wheelchairman
10-05-2006, 07:49 AM
That was curious, I gotta say..

It's because your too simple to understand what I really mean.

Tigger Army
10-05-2006, 07:53 AM

but she'll understand when she'll grow up ;)

DeAtHsTaR
10-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Because your taste in music is only partially inspired by your own personal taste, and majorly inspired by your surroundings. I mean come on, judging by the rock stations in Oregon you would think grunge is still alive.

Hahaha. 99.5 down here doesn't play that much grunge, just a lot of post-grunge, which is very alive.

Hell, when I went to Portland last month and I listened to the radio, I heard much more metal than grunge.

wheelchairman
10-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Hahaha. 99.5 down here doesn't play that much grunge, just a lot of post-grunge, which is very alive.

Hell, when I went to Portland last month and I listened to the radio, I heard much more metal than grunge.

99.5, is that the old KNRQ? When I'm in Oregon they play significantly more Nirvana, Pearljam, and Soundgarden than anywhere else I've ever been. Sure they play a lot of metal (one of the stations plays significantly more than the other). It doesn't change the fact that there is a disproportionately high amount of grunge being played on Oregon rock stations as opposed to the rest of the world.

T-6005
10-05-2006, 10:00 AM

Yeah, I thought so too.

DeAtHsTaR
10-05-2006, 11:18 AM
99.5, is that the old KNRQ? When I'm in Oregon they play significantly more Nirvana, Pearljam, and Soundgarden than anywhere else I've ever been. Sure they play a lot of metal (one of the stations plays significantly more than the other). It doesn't change the fact that there is a disproportionately high amount of grunge being played on Oregon rock stations as opposed to the rest of the world.

No, 99.5 The Rock, KAGO. Southern Oregon. 99-5 in Eugene (I think) was decent. KAGO plays a decent amount of Soundgarden, Nirvana, and Pearl Jam, and even AIC, but that's the only grunge they play.

But there's a reason grunge is played in this corner of the world. I'll leave you to think about what that reason is.

coke_a_holic
10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
But there's a reason grunge is played in this corner of the world. I'll leave you to think about what that reason is.

Because Oregon is full of degenerates who are angry at the world?

Tizzalicious
10-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Because Grunge has always been played in Oregon, before it was popular and afterwards. That's Oregon's excuse.
- WCM

DeAtHsTaR
10-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Because Oregon is full of degenerates who are angry at the world?
....Because it's from the northwest....and to be honest, your quote about Oregonians is true, but they all listen to rap or death metal. In my history class we were doing an extra credit quiz on 90s music and I was the only one who even got half of the questions right. (I got 100%) Most of the wuestions were related to grunge, so it's really not that popular, at least not in KlaMETH.

no_way
10-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Maybe

Try harder ;)

but she'll understand when she'll grow up
Learn grammar.

IAmARevenant
10-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Don't try to change, you're doing good. Don't try to be taken seriously in this forum, you won't. Not because you're stupid or you're not important, because that's how things work here. (see now how things turn heavy on me for what I'm saying)
Thanks for that. You've made me feel better than pretty much anyone else on this forum. I wasn't deeply offended my what wheelchairman said, but I like you're comments more. A lot more.

So far you're the only nice person I've met in this damned place.

Jebus
10-05-2006, 10:52 PM
About the jazz thing, I was just lightly pocking fun at myself and Mike. I didn't really mean it.

See, the thread isn't about you liking the music. No one is doubting you. It's about being pretentious about it. When T said "Would you like a pat on the head with that?" he was just making fun of you because saying that you listen to music because you like it is such DUHH thing to say.

and that thing you said but goths, emos, and ganstas is exactly what wheelchairman is talking about. That's some pretentious behavior right there.

To be fair, I'm not seeing anything wrong with wanting more Led Zeppelin fans if there aren't any near you. It's always nice to know someone that shares a common interest in music.

Llamas
10-05-2006, 10:56 PM
because not all 13 year olds are the same. Sure, alot of them are either stupid little teenies or emo or goth losers or gangstas bragging about how they're so rich, but some are different. But I guess some people are too dumb and close minded to realize that.

So you're trying to say you're better than other people because they're emo or goth or gangsters? How is liking classic rock or punk something that makes you less of a loser than liking emo, goth, or rap? Liking rap doesn't make you a "gangsta". You really think you're better than other people because of what you listen to... this is pretty much what WCM was getting at.

Acoustic1804
10-05-2006, 11:20 PM
That hurts wheelchairman.

IAmARevenant
10-06-2006, 05:26 AM
So you're trying to say you're better than other people because they're emo or goth or gangsters? How is liking classic rock or punk something that makes you less of a loser than liking emo, goth, or rap? Liking rap doesn't make you a "gangsta". You really think you're better than other people because of what you listen to... this is pretty much what WCM was getting at.
Why do you think I'm implying that I think I'm better than others? I think I'm different than at least the people at my school, but I don't think I'm better.

Llamas
10-06-2006, 05:58 AM
"stupid little teenies or emo or goth losers or gangstas bragging about how they're so rich"

your word choice implies that you think you're better than them, particularly "stupid" and "losers".

no_way
10-06-2006, 09:09 AM
"stupid little teenies or emo or goth losers or gangstas bragging about how they're so rich"

your word choice implies that you think you're better than them, particularly "stupid" and "losers".

I gotta say you make a good point there...

Forza
10-07-2006, 03:38 PM
It's simply the best music ever made, why should I hate it?

no_way
10-07-2006, 04:16 PM
It's simply the best music ever made, why should I hate it?

It's not like you should hate it, but WCM and others will consider you an annoying cunt if you like it.

Tigger Army
10-08-2006, 01:51 AM
It's not like you should hate it, but WCM and others will consider you an annoying cunt if you like it.

wrong, you may want to read the opening post again. WCM clearly states some other factors in it that are necessary to call you an annoying cunt.

Jakebert
10-08-2006, 08:50 AM

You really missed the point. He's not saying everyone that likes it is an idiot. He's saying people that think it makes them better than everyone else for liking it are idiots. This is like the third or forth time someone has spelled it out for you. Stop being so stupid, stupid.

no_way
10-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Oh I'm so stupid, I don't think I'll be able to sleep today! Gosh...

Jakebert
10-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Goddamned 13 year olds.

bouncingcoles
10-08-2006, 09:31 PM

1. Led Zeppelin
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Doors
5. Jimi Hendrix

I hate you all.

i totally fucking agree with you

Retard
10-09-2006, 08:14 PM
what's wrong with wearing old 80's punkband shirts? If they were actually something different than the misfits, sex pistols or the ramones.

I personally wear a TSOL shirt once in a while and the CD that's on it was released around the year of my birth if I'm not mistaken (1981). The only thing I find disturbing that it's the same like 10 different band shirts you see on the streets these days.

And uhm... I've actually never ever seen a Led Zepelin fan in my life (other than on these kinds of messageboards)

well the bands dont suck its more like i bet I bet if u went up to like half of the kids in my school who wear them and maybe start singing a line from the biggest song by the band theyd just look at you and go... huh? thats what pisses me off. that probably didnt make much sense.... oh well

T-6005
10-09-2006, 10:33 PM
About the jazz thing, I was just lightly pocking fun at myself and Mike. I didn't really mean it.

See, the thread isn't about you liking the music. No one is doubting you. It's about being pretentious about it. When T said "Would you like a pat on the head with that?" he was just making fun of you because saying that you listen to music because you like it is such DUHH thing to say.

and that thing you said but goths, emos, and ganstas is exactly what wheelchairman is talking about. That's some pretentious behavior right there.

To be fair, I'm not seeing anything wrong with wanting more Led Zeppelin fans if there aren't any near you. It's always nice to know someone that shares a common interest in music.
I call a foul. I wasn't around in the last few days to answer this.

I love Jebus.

You were right, though - it was just more of pushing the "reaction" button.

And Tizz - I want to borrow Per and Monopo1337 his @$$.

I love me some laptop top rows.

Llamas
10-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Oh I'm so stupid, I don't think I'll be able to sleep today! Gosh...

you are so ridiculous... you read the post that WCM posted, yet didn't notice most of the points he made, minus one. You were corrected, and instead of just saying "oh whoops, my mistake", you get all stupid and say something that doesn't make sense like "I don't think I'll be able to sleep today".

Tigger Army
10-10-2006, 11:10 AM
in her defense: it wasn't very nice when Jakebert said: stop being stupid, stupid

Jakebert
10-10-2006, 04:25 PM
in her defense: it wasn't very nice when Jakebert said: stop being stupid, stupid

Yeah, but still, it's not that bad compared to a lot of the insults thrown at her. And it's just one of those things that happens on message boards. I've gotten/given insults in conversations with people I like/like me here before. I figured it was common sense to stay with the actual point.

Nina
10-11-2006, 02:42 AM
ontopic:

I personally think that almost every 15 year old is annoying when it comes to any existing hobby, music obviously included. But then again I'm easily annoyed by kids.

But yes, especially that gets on my nerves. You forgot Nirvana. If I see that smily-Tshirt on any other goddamn 13 year old truepunx I'll beat the nose out of his face. In my mind, that is.

grrr

Llamas
10-11-2006, 02:45 AM
oh GOD. when I was 15, there was this pot head in my chemistry class whom I was forced to be lab partners with. He seriously wore the same tshirt atleast once a week that had kurt on it, bent over a guitar on stage. Every day he wore it, he'd say to me, "Isn't he a sexy bitch?" Absolutely worshipped him and talked about him NON STOP. Then he'd fuck up our labs, so I wouldn't let him do anything besides clean up... so he'd talk about nirvana instead, and he'd try to "help" by dumping out stuff we still needed. I think that was the worst nirvana experience I've ever had.

Jakebert
10-11-2006, 04:00 AM
I know a bunch of kids like that. There was one who I think owned nothing but Nirvana shirts.

killer_queen
10-11-2006, 04:03 AM
ontopic:

I personally think that almost every 15 year old is annoying when it comes to any existing hobby, music obviously included. But then again I'm easily annoyed by kids.
I'm glad someone agrees. I was one of them, though. But I've never acted like that because I was the only one who was into classical music.
And anyone who likes Kurt Cobain should go to hell. Seriously. orsiriuslylol.

lint
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm 15 years old and my favorite band is Led Zeppelin. And I dont think I'm better than anyone.

no_way
10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm glad someone agrees. I was one of them, though. But I've never acted like that because I was the only one who was into classical music.
And anyone who likes Kurt Cobain should go to hell. Seriously. orsiriuslylol.

There are million cases of those who hate qualities they've had in their teens. And Kurt Cobain was a good lyricist for me. But we don't have the same taste in lyrics obviously. What I can't understand is where people find him "hot". I mean, HUH???

I'm 15 years old and my favorite band is Led Zeppelin. And I dont think I'm better than anyone.
Oh, yes you do

lint
10-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Oh, yes you do

Yup, you know me oh so well. Thats condesending.

0r4ng3
10-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Then the thread topic doesn't apply to you. Congratulations.