PDA

View Full Version : AFI - Tomorrow [9th] Brixton, London

Idiot
10-08-2006, 02:06 PM
So who's going tomorrow night?

First time seeing AFI live so I'm hoping its a good one!

Lars
10-08-2006, 02:14 PM
It's tomorrow? I guess I'm not going. I was hoping to get a freebie, figured it wouldn't happen. I'm not. I don't like Brixton, I'm not the biggest fan of its sound.

Idiot
10-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Haha yeah its tomorrow. People are still selling tickets on Ebay for it actually.

Not been to Brixton before, whats it like?

nameless
10-08-2006, 03:53 PM
i shall be there! i must be getting a bit late for tickets on ebay!

H1T_That
10-09-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm seeing them on thursday at newcastle.

Yatesy
10-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm seeing them this time next week at Manchester. I thought I'd be more excited about this but I'm not, should be good.

H1T_That
10-09-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm seeing them this time next week at Manchester. I thought I'd be more excited about this but I'm not, should be good.

Yeah, i'm not excited at all either.

Corpse
10-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Some of my mates are seeing them on Friday 13th :p.

nameless
10-09-2006, 05:19 PM
just got back from brixton, interesting show, not bad but not brilliant!

Idiot
10-10-2006, 04:20 AM
I thought it was really good. Got some video footage and photos if anyone wants any.

cybermears
10-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Some of my mates are seeing them on Friday 13th :p.

yer im seeing them then in brum 1st time i hope im not dissapointed cause i hear all this shit that there not that good live

nameless
10-10-2006, 04:11 PM
I thought it was really good. Got some video footage and photos if anyone wants any.

id like to see them! all i got were some rubbish ones on my phone!

Idiot
10-10-2006, 04:27 PM
yer im seeing them then in brum 1st time i hope im not dissapointed cause i hear all this shit that there not that good live

I'd heard that too but from last night, I'd say the rumours are bollocks - they were awesome last night.

nameless - here's a couple of my videos, but bare in mind its from my phone and the quality isn't great. Got some more videos and photos to come over the next couple of days.

The Leaving Song Pt 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Irt2cvpaRI
Prelude - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfr9wCAts4
Silver And Cold - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpnuMHFniS8

This is a better quality video of Prelude & Girls Not Grey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lInW0rLtCLs

Here's a couple of photos I got...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/televator/AFI/Photo/AFI-Close.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/televator/AFI/Photo/AFI-Close2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/televator/AFI/Photo/DSC00583.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/televator/AFI/Photo/DSC00588.jpg

H1T_That
10-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Joe, can you tell me roughly what the set list was?

Idiot
10-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Ok, do my best to remember....

I think these ones are in the right order from the start...

Prelude
Girls Not Grey
Kill Caustic
The Leaving Song Part 2
Silver And Cold

These ones are ones I just remember them playing...

Summer Shudder
Love Like Winter
God Called In Sick Today
Total Immortal
This Time Imperfect
Death Of Seasons
Days Of The Phoenix
Dancing Through Sunday
Bleed Black
Endlessly She Said
The Killing Lights
Miss Murder [last track they played]

0r4ng3
10-11-2006, 10:50 AM
That's, what, two tracks earlier than Sing the Sorrow? For once, I'd like to hear that they played This Secret Ninja or something. No one would expect it.

Idiot
10-11-2006, 11:14 AM
There's three tracks pre-STS: Total Immortal, Days Of The Phoenix, God Called In Sick Today.

They shoulda played "I wanna mohawk".

0r4ng3
10-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Oh, I didn't see God Called in Sick Today. Still, something much earlier would surprise me.

Idiot
10-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah definitely. A couple of older ones coulda been cool though.

HeadAroundU
10-11-2006, 12:36 PM
I like their white dresses.

Idiot
10-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Haha, they're not dresses.

nameless
10-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Haha, they're not dresses.

thanks for showing them videos and photos!

like someone else mentioned, it was a shame they didnt play much "older" stuff!

Idiot
10-11-2006, 04:12 PM
No worries!

Yeah, bit of a shame but was still an awesome concert.

H1T_That
10-11-2006, 05:16 PM
I like the set list,

19 hours to go.

Idiot
10-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Awesome, have a good time!

Yatesy
10-12-2006, 01:35 PM
The set list isn't too bad and the live video of Prelude/Girls Not Grey has made me look forward to it more. However, I'm not liking to white clothes, at all. =| Ah well, who else supported? I know The Explosion are also touring which is a good thing. :)

nameless
10-12-2006, 03:46 PM
The set list isn't too bad and the live video of Prelude/Girls Not Grey has made me look forward to it more. However, I'm not liking to white clothes, at all. =| Ah well, who else supported? I know The Explosion are also touring which is a good thing. :)

the white clothes were a bit odd for the whole band! davey havok was dressed all in white the last time i saw them though! there was a kinda cool bit involving the "white clothes" as you will no doubt see!

Idiot
10-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I didn't mind the white actually.

The other support band are Dispute, who in my opinion, were a bit shit.

Yatesy
10-12-2006, 05:38 PM
The other support band are Dispute, who in my opinion, were a bit shit.

What were they like as in sort genre wise?

Idiot
10-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Sort of punky emo. Repetitive after a while for sure. Just regular punky beats with screaming and shouting.

H1T_That
10-13-2006, 10:08 AM
The show sucked, i left half way through

Idiot
10-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Well that was a waste of money then.

H1T_That
10-14-2006, 05:40 AM
I know. H8.

Idiot
10-14-2006, 05:49 AM
Why was it so bad ?

HeadAroundU
10-14-2006, 11:47 AM
He says that Davey is gay so he doesn't really like them.

Idiot
10-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Haha, well I don't think thats true, but if it was then he's gay for thinking that.

H1T_That
10-16-2006, 11:05 AM
The show sucked because the support bands were on far too long. Doors were 7.30, Afi didn't come on til 10, when they were meant to be on at 9ish. I also wasn't keen ont he support bands, so it was a long boring stand. Then, when Afi did finally come on, the atmosphere was poor i felt. People were just stood still, not cheering, singing along etc. I think everyone was just sick of waiting to be honest. There was also the fact that the vast majority of the crowd were 14 year old girls, who don't exactly get a decent mosh pit going.

With all of this in mind, i left 20 minutes early, got my T-shirt without having to wait in a queue, and misseed all the traffic. In trade for missing Love Like Winter and Miss Murder.

Idiot
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Oh right, I can understand your frustration!

Have to agree on the support bands, they were disappointing and did go on for too long. AFI came on at 9.30 for us so wasn't as bad, and the crowd were really loud and singing along etc at the show I went to. Also the there was a circle pit going on.

nameless
10-16-2006, 03:51 PM
The show sucked because the support bands were on far too long. Doors were 7.30, Afi didn't come on til 10, when they were meant to be on at 9ish. I also wasn't keen ont he support bands, so it was a long boring stand. Then, when Afi did finally come on, the atmosphere was poor i felt. People were just stood still, not cheering, singing along etc. I think everyone was just sick of waiting to be honest. There was also the fact that the vast majority of the crowd were 14 year old girls, who don't exactly get a decent mosh pit going.

With all of this in mind, i left 20 minutes early, got my T-shirt without having to wait in a queue, and misseed all the traffic. In trade for missing Love Like Winter and Miss Murder.

there was a problem with the "14 year olds girls" at the show i went to as well, they kept sreaming every time anyone from the band came over to the side of the stage and were yelling at hunter that they loved him etc.! i can understand them expressing their feelings but it just got ridiculous and annoying after a while!

Yatesy
10-17-2006, 12:31 PM
I saw them last night and it was really good. I have no opinion on Dispute as I couldn't even hear them properly, I enjoyed The Explosion and AFI were fantastic, there was a great atmosphere though because everyone was singing and whatnot. The setlist was sort of like this (not 100% correct):

Prelude 12/21
Girls Not Grey
The Leaving Song Pt. 2
Summer Shudder
Morningstar
The Missing Frame
Silver And Cold
Ever And A Day
Dancing Through Sunday
Death Of Seasons
Kill Caustic
Bleed Black
Days Of The Phoenix
Love Like Winter

Encore:
God Called In Sick Today
Miss Murder

Pretty much the same as London, except we got Morningstar and Ever and A Day. :D

Oh I also got there whilst they were doing sound check and I could just hear it outside and they played the following:
-Summer Shudder
-Love Like Winter
-Cereal Wars
-A cover of The Sweater Song
-A Guns n Roses cover
Hearing Cereal Wars was really cool.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Miss Murder was the ENCORE, and Love Like Winter was the last song in the main part of the set? Lame. I hate it when bands play songs that you already know they're definitely going to play in the encore. It ruins any element of suspense. Why the fuck do they even need an encore if they're going to be so fucking obvious? God Called in Sick Today was a good choice for an encore. I like it when they use the encore for fan favorites and older songs so that you might actually think "Geez, I hope they play that song. What if they don't? Oh noez, what if they don't??? Goddamn those fuckerswaitaminuteYES! they played it in the encore I'm happy:) ."

H1T_That
10-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I saw them last night and it was really good. I have no opinion on Dispute as I couldn't even hear them properly, I enjoyed The Explosion and AFI were fantastic, there was a great atmosphere though because everyone was singing and whatnot. The setlist was sort of like this (not 100% correct):

Prelude 12/21
Girls Not Grey
The Leaving Song Pt. 2
Summer Shudder
Morningstar
The Missing Frame
Silver And Cold
Ever And A Day
Dancing Through Sunday
Death Of Seasons
Kill Caustic
Bleed Black
Days Of The Phoenix
Love Like Winter

Encore:
God Called In Sick Today
Miss Murder

Yeah, about the same at newcastle too, although they played Kill Caustic earlier than that, 3rd or 4th i think.