PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP!!!!!!madhamster

madhamster
10-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Hi guys we're an italian punkrock band!!we're post this topic cause in the place where we live anybody is really interested about this kind of music.Please everybody,listen to our songs at this link:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=49309301

After to have listened write every comment at this mail:
trecool8787@hotmail.it

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
MADHAMSTER

SkunkIt
10-09-2006, 04:26 PM
I'll be brutally honest, Your lead singer has a horrible voice and you guys sound like a rip off of a mediocre Blink 182. Sorry, I really don't like It, but I don't like most blink 182 sounding bands in general.

Apathy
10-09-2006, 06:30 PM
I liked it.

It'd be cool if you had some songs in Italian though. I wouldn't understand 90% of it, but it would make you more unique at least.

MaF
10-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Man, it's not rock'in
2Vera
Adding constructing components...

In one nofx track after a pause there's a record with interview from some show (or maby not) and after hear the mellody that's pretty damn good he said:
- Oh, man, it's ska, it plays only on disco-parties, this music is not rock'in, not rock'in, who is that?
- NOFX
- NOFX? Man, they are notalent, not rocking *laugh backrounds*, *mumbling* ska *mumbling*.

And representing that guy who has only one arguement i'm saying "Man. it's not rock'in :D"

Vera
10-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Man, it's not rock'in

Let's be constructive and specific. Otherwise we'll be no good and will get our posts deleted. You know?

Jebus
10-12-2006, 04:13 AM
Sanni, ever since you've been a mod for the Your Band forum, I can't remember one instance that you've actually commented on a band.

Vera
10-12-2006, 04:35 AM
This is true. My reasons are, quite simply (and I apologise for this post being way off-topic):

1) It's not in the "job" description, it'd require extra effort and I'm not prepared for it. Also then it would feel like I'd have to comment on *everything*, just to make sure everyone was equal and I don't have the time or the interest.

2) It's like an exam - I sit at a desk and make sure that everyone does the exam according to the rules, but I don't have to do the exam myself.

3) I don't think I'm equipped to judge anyone's musical ambitions since I don't actively listen to unsigned bands or a huge number of bands altogether, and I don't play any instrument myself, so I can't say "I think your solos need some work" with the sort of gravity someone who actually plays guitar and practises on solos themselves would have.

Sure it's slightly hypocritical for me to be all "let's be constructive in our criticisms!" when I don't critisize or even listen to these bands myself, but I think that this forum exists for those who do want to make the effort, and I appreciate them making the effort and want to make this forum cool to read for those who use it. I was never a poster in Your Band, and I don't think I should become one purely on the basis that I mod it - Bella reads and listens and posts opinions and that's her choice and interest. It's my choice and interest not to involve myself in this forum as a poster. Sure my views could be appreciated in general, but I don't want to start having those views just for the sake of having them.

Also, if I was to be very critical of some band, the band may feel discouraged that a moderator (if one was to assume my voice was somehow superior to the voice of other posters) didn't like their stuff and thus not post anymore. I absolutely don't want that to happen to anyone.

Jebus
10-12-2006, 05:21 AM
I didn't mean to sound judgmental there. It just kind of struck me that second that you've never actually posted an opinion here and I found kind of odd you being a mod and all. Yes, I know it's not in the job description, but you'd think you'd be a little bit more involved other than just modding for spam. After all, this is the best forum in this BBS!

I'm not seeing the whole thing about not being equipped to judge a band because you don't play instrument as a valid reason. Just treat the bands like any other band. You don't have to get into details about scales and crap. Most people who like music don't necessarily play instruments, yet they could still conjure up an opinion on bands they like and don't like.

If I had a band, I'd be happy with a simple "I like it." I'd even be satisfied with Maf's comment. Of course I'd wish he would go into more detail, but something is better than nothing at all when you're desperate for opinions.

Also, if I was to be very critical of some band, the band may feel discouraged that a moderator (if one was to assume my voice was somehow superior to the voice of other posters) didn't like their stuff and thus not post anymore. I absolutely don't want that to happen to anyone.
I'd just simply avoid posting in the threads that have absolutely horrendous music. I usually give most bands here a chance and I'd say that about 50 percent of the bands that I haven't comment on have absolutely no hope and no amount of criticism will help them succeed. I don't openly say this in their threads for that very same reason you have so I just avoid it. The other 50% I'm just too lazy to respond or I haven't listened to yet. (Sorry if I just made anyone insecure here!) By the most part, I only post in threads of bands that have music that I kind of like or that I think have some potential even thought it's necessarily the music I'm into.

I'm not trying to force you to post or anything. I just tend to point stuff out sometimes. =\ I've also noticed you don't post in the Other Bands section often either so I'm not saying not posting in forums you're not particularly interested is a bad thing. Not being interested is a a good enough reason for me.

You could delete this little conversation if you want. I don't want to ruin this guy's thread.