PDA

View Full Version : So, North Korea Claims to have Tested a Nuke...

Mota Boy
10-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Certainly brings Asia back into the front pages of international relations. It's going to be very interesting to see how all the major players over there react.

selfDemanDeD
10-08-2006, 10:49 PM
I hope that North Korea's leader are not dumb, because nobody likes nuclear threats, am I right? Maybe they think this action guaranties their international safety, but... as I remember, your President Bush dislikes countries with nuclear weapons ;) Well, I only wish there will be peace in the world before I die :)

Tigger Army
10-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Well, I only wish there will be peace in the world before I die :)

I hope you're not really counting on it, cause most likely it won't be the case

Manic Subsidal Boy
10-08-2006, 11:04 PM
I hope you're not really counting on it, cause most likely it won't be the case

jeeez... don't have to take it that serious. it's only an expression

The shadow
10-09-2006, 12:02 AM
Actually, I think this conflict will be a very interesting one. The US cannot send any more troops to the Korean peninsula, so an invasion is not an option, and China joined Japan in condemning the test, so there is international concensus over the issue.

This won“t be solved in a normal way. The US won“t lead a military response, and the local powers will have to take it on their own hands; wich is kind of what the US government wanted for other regional conflicts (total involvement from the neighbors), but in a way that won“t allow the US to claim any privilege when the dust will settle.

I would sure like to see China and Russia dealing with their own monster to prove they are still worth of international recognition as future leaders, but I think this will all end up with the western powers again bribing North Korea with humanitarian aid in exchange of 5 more years of "calm" while the US wraps up in the middle east.

wheelchairman
10-09-2006, 03:13 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are they don't have one. Besides like The Shadow pointed out, whose gonna nuke the hand that feeds it?

SaiKYoU
10-09-2006, 04:51 AM
some time ago i heard a podcast from a cool page here in Spain, and a guy said something that's so true... From the "Current War Threats" [north korea, iran, siria, or israel and the usa, why not] North Korea is by far the most dangerous, cause they have no reason to start a war, the rest are so against each other than they care about what war could make to themselves, but North Korea is like "hey, we have a boooooooomb!" they call themselves comunist, by they aren't they're just a militasr and dictatorial regime, who enjoys the tension previous to any militar conflict, but they're so dumb that they don't care if they smash a couple of cities with a H-bomb, or if later all the world smash their people...
they have no reasons to launch a nuclear missile, that's what makes'em the best candidate to provoke the 2 minutes to midnight...

wheelchairman
10-09-2006, 05:11 AM
I once tried to call them communist, they nearly bit my head off for how much more theoretically advanced they are under Juche.

FLeTch
10-09-2006, 06:15 AM
very dangerous
North Korea is trying to make its enemies scare with nuces.
also i think if some country is producing nuclear stuff this shows their weakness about non-militaric areas.

the_GoDdEsS
10-09-2006, 07:24 AM
I wouldn't trust commies with plutonium. But the reactions should be interesting.

ermdevi@tion
10-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Bah, the only way this will affect me is that Kim has just guaranteed at least an extra £25 billion in taxes to replace our Trident nuclear "deterrent", with some estimates as high as £75 billion.

So yeah, fuck you Dear Leader.

Tigger Army
10-09-2006, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are they don't have one. Besides like The Shadow pointed out, whose gonna nuke the hand that feeds it?

do they even have the rockets to fire those nukes further than their neighbouring countries? Or do they lack those like India and Pakistan

ermdevi@tion
10-09-2006, 09:14 AM
From what I've read the device detonated may not necessarily be a bomb or warhead that could be delivered to a target at the moment.

wheelchairman
10-09-2006, 09:35 AM
do they even have the rockets to fire those nukes further than their neighbouring countries? Or do they lack those like India and Pakistan

The only interest that I can see for Kim would be to use them as a lever in the negotiation process. The prominent figures would then be Russia, China and South Korea.

Mota Boy
10-09-2006, 09:52 AM

A few years ago they tested a missile by shooting it over Japan. Needless to say, the Japanese weren't too pleased. It's estimated that their most advanced rockets are capable of reaching the Western Coast of the US.

And WCM - the test has pretty much been confirmed by seismic reports... and whoever refers to North Korea as "ideologically advanced" should backhanded, then ignored.

wheelchairman
10-09-2006, 10:23 AM
And WCM - the test has pretty much been confirmed by seismic reports... and whoever refers to North Korea as "ideologically advanced" should backhanded, then ignored.

Yeah I just read in the paper that Russia and China confirmed it.

sKratch
10-09-2006, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't trust commies with plutonium. But the reactions should be interesting.

lolz like the uncontrolled chain reaction of atoms splitting

Anyways, I have been dead to the world for most of the weekend, so I've got some catching up to do on this business.

DexterWannabe
10-09-2006, 11:00 AM
USA is gonna invade, i'm sure

wheelchairman
10-09-2006, 11:04 AM
USA is gonna invade, i'm sure

They won't. I'm positive of this. It wouldn't make any sense.

0r4ng3
10-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Which is exactly why they/we will do it.

Killer Dwarf
10-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Well, I only wish there will be peace in the world before I die :)

Never been, never will.

wheelchairman
10-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Which is exactly why they/we will do it.

So invading Iraq was a random choice with no form of logic behind it? I know you're joking, I just don't like those kinds of jokes.

Mota Boy
10-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah, if there is one certainty in this story, it's that it won't result in an invasion of North Korea by the United States.

0r4ng3
10-09-2006, 12:01 PM
So invading Iraq was a random choice with no form of logic behind it? I know you're joking, I just don't like those kinds of jokes.
Which is exactly why I made it.

Ok, I'll stop now.

H1T_That
10-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Was watching the news earlier, Bush didn't seem a happy bunny.