PDA

View Full Version : Singer from Panic! At The Disco getting bottled!

offspring dude
10-14-2006, 01:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHLPjEQL0A

You deserved it bitch

Endymion
10-14-2006, 01:39 PM
he deserved it because he's in a shitty band that a lot of people like?

mrconeman
10-14-2006, 01:40 PM
I don't care enough to think he deserved it or not, I just thought it was awesome how he sang the next two words after the connection and then just went out cold.
Got his shit ruined.

Corpse
10-14-2006, 01:42 PM
I love this more than seeing Chad Kroeger getting hit in the head :D.

offspring dude
10-14-2006, 01:42 PM
he deserved it because he's in a shitty band that a lot of people like?

he deserved it because his music is really poor and shitty. if people like them then thats up to them

Endymion
10-14-2006, 01:44 PM
so anyone who makes crappy music deserves to have bottles thrown at them?

0r4ng3
10-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Maybe plastic bottles, because I don't think P!ATD are that bad.

offspring dude
10-14-2006, 01:48 PM
so anyone who makes crappy music deserves to have bottles thrown at them?

ok maybe i made myself misunderstood. i said he deserves it because of his bad music, but also because i've read a lot about the guy and he seems like a dick, i've also seen a few interviews which made me hate him even more.

but no i dont think that all people that make bad music deserve to be hurt and beaten

Endymion
10-14-2006, 01:49 PM
i've never actually heard them, but i can make the reasonable guess that they're pretty bad.

i kinda wish that people who made shitty music *would* get beaten to death. then offspring fan would have nothing to listen to.

offspring dude
10-14-2006, 01:55 PM
i kinda wish that people who made shitty music *would* get beaten to death. then offspring fan would have nothing to listen to.

Was that aimed at me? if it was, first, its offspring dude, and second, how do you just randomly assume i listen to 'shitty music'?

Endymion
10-14-2006, 02:14 PM
call it a hunch.

offspring dude
10-14-2006, 02:24 PM
call it a hunch.

ok then.

was gonna argue agaisnt that but realised thees no point

Call it an Obsession
10-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Was that aimed at me? if it was, first, its offspring dude, and second, how do you just randomly assume i listen to 'shitty music'?

I think you use commas too much... it was annoying me

From what i've heard, I don't like or dislike Panic! at the Disco. I think the bottle was a bit harsh.

Corpse
10-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I think you use commas too much... it was annoying me

From what i've heard, I don't like or dislike Panic! at the Disco. I think the bottle was a bit harsh.

Yer, but I bet that fan was a bit shook up when he realized he actually hit him :p.

Llamas
10-14-2006, 03:15 PM
he deserved it because his music is really poor and shitty. if people like them then thats up to them

ok maybe i made myself misunderstood. i said he deserves it because of his bad music, but also because i've read a lot about the guy and he seems like a dick, i've also seen a few interviews which made me hate him even more.

but no i dont think that all people that make bad music deserve to be hurt and beaten

huh... that doesn't really add up too well, does it?

Yatesy
10-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Why make a thread of this now months after it happened? Anyway, I don't think he really deserved it and the person who did is was a bit dumb as well if he didn't like the band why not watch something else, after all it was a festival.

Call it an Obsession
10-14-2006, 03:30 PM
It reminds me of the time a certain someone got hit with a shoe in an english gig.

offspring dude
10-14-2006, 03:37 PM
I think you use commas too much... it was annoying me.

I know, it kinda of annoys me too cuz i only realise that after a write the stuff. Teachers in school have also said i use commas too much

huh... that doesn't really add up too well, does it?

its cuz of the fact that i forgot to mention i hate him cuz he's a dick on my first post.

Endymion
10-14-2006, 03:54 PM
it doesn't matter if someone's a dick or not. throwing a bottle at someone out of nowhere is just childish and stupid.

offspring dude
10-14-2006, 04:25 PM
it doesn't matter if someone's a dick or not. throwing a bottle at someone out of nowhere is just childish and stupid.

that really depends on the level of someones dickness (???)

Tigger Army
10-14-2006, 04:36 PM
that really depends on the level of someones dickness (???)

yes, cause only someone with a high level of "dickness" would throw a bottle

nameless
10-14-2006, 06:18 PM
It reminds me of the time a certain someone got hit with a shoe in an english gig.

this certain someone didnt get knocked out though! i know nobody deserves that but i cant believe their singer was really unconscience!

Jebus
10-14-2006, 06:25 PM
I can't see the water bottle.

and can anyone with good taste in music tell me if they're good or not?

That_Guy91
10-14-2006, 06:33 PM

I probably don't fit into this category, but whatever.

I don't really like them, but I think it's unfortunate that they get thrown in with all those emo bands, because they're a little better than that. A little.

mrconeman
10-14-2006, 06:34 PM

I don't know what you would call good taste but umm, I wouldn't listen to them and I listen to a fairly wide spectrum, they fall under the new emo scene if your into that, they are one of the less terrible bands of the emo scene.

All About Eve
10-14-2006, 07:40 PM

I absolutely hate them. I sure hope you trust my musical judgement.

Llamas
10-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I don't know what you would call good taste but umm, I wouldn't listen to them and I listen to a fairly wide spectrum, they fall under the new emo scene if your into that, they are one of the less terrible bands of the emo scene.

My thoughts almost exactly. I'd say they fall about in the middle on terrible emo bands. Their popular song is catchy and I sing along, but I'd never actually actively listen to them.

nameless
10-15-2006, 03:28 PM
id consider their sound something different but i just cant stand it! i cant believe how popular they are now, they are playing 4 sold out shows at brixton accademy but the offspring only had 2 shows!

at least some comfort can be taken in the fact they will never have the longevity that the offspring have had!

Llamas
10-15-2006, 03:31 PM
the offspring was only famous from 1994 until the excitement of americana died off... so like 1999/2000. You can't possibly know PAD won't continue making albums even after they're not famous anymore... and being famous for 5 years isn't THAT hard in our music industry...

Corpse
10-16-2006, 08:18 AM
I think some new bands will find it difficult to though.

mrconeman
10-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Especailly in trends, I mean...Nu-Metal lasted right? :rolleyes:
Emo as a genre won't last I don't think, of course I'm no expert, but I just think when these kids grow up they will grow out of it, like most of the new metal fans when it was huge.

Tigger Army
10-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Emo has been existing for quite some years already so I doubt it'll end. And that's fine really. Ofcourse it depends on what you call emo though. But emotional pop punk has been existing for a long time already aswell so eventhough the popularity will decline I doubt the genre will disappear.

the offspring famous from 1994 up till 2000/2001? Nah. The offspring was famous in 1994 and `1995 then basically dropped dead and revived in 1999 only to see it's star dim around 2001.

And that's the way it works (and will work) with loads of bands really.

offspring dude
10-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Emo as a genre won't last I don't think, of course I'm no expert, but I just think when these kids grow up they will grow out of it, .

even if kids grow out of it, another generation will probably like it until they grow out of it and then another one and so on...
its always the way it goes

nameless
10-16-2006, 03:59 PM
panic at the disco may be around for years to come but i cant see it happening! i cant quite believe their story in the fact the got signed without even playing a gig whereas a lot of other bands had to work ridiculously hard to get where they are today!

panic kinda got thrown in at the deep end, theyve done alright but when trends start changing i can see them adopting a different approach to stay popular rather than doing what they do!

Endymion
10-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Emo as a genre won't last I don't think, of course I'm no expert, but I just think when these kids grow up they will grow out of it, like most of the new metal fans when it was huge.

FUCK YOU! NU-METAL IS FOREVER! it's fucking timeless!

mrconeman
10-16-2006, 06:02 PM
bizkit 4 lyf!! :(

Llamas
10-16-2006, 06:14 PM

Emo started in the 70s, though. That's a good 30 years already... why don't you think it will last?

mrconeman
10-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Probably should have clarified this in my post, I knew it'd come up. I wasn't talking about y'know the actual emo stuff, the old stuff, I'm talking about all the bands that get called it these days, which are really just piss-poor whiny pop-punk bands, the likes of Fallout Boy and that whole new scene.
I just have a feeling it will die out pretty quickly like most of these things that appeal to teenage girls for a few years. Mainstream music is changing all the time anyway.

Tigger Army
10-17-2006, 12:02 AM
well I'm sure this emotional poppunk stuff will be dieing out to great extend. The trend will fade away for sure. But I think there will be a decent amount of groups who'll continue to make that kind of music. Just a whole damn lot less of them :)

bouncingcoles
10-17-2006, 07:31 PM
i must admit its somewhat funny but that is quite disrespectful even if the band does suck. i never throw shit at bands even if i dont like them.

coke_a_holic
10-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Being a musician is this guy's job. In the words of Les Claypool, "I don't go down to McDonalds and throw shit at you while you're flippin' the burgers, bud, so keep your hands in your pockets and enjoy the rest of the show."

Jebus: From a jazzwhore heart to another jazzwhore heart, they're absolutely terrible.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-17-2006, 08:51 PM
i must admit its somewhat funny but that is quite disrespectful even if the band does suck. i never throw shit at bands even if i dont like them.
Maybe not, but you beat people up if they don't like the Offspring. PUNXX 4 LYF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Llamas
10-17-2006, 09:44 PM
cokey, and jebus: <3 jazz. lyk srs. John Coltrane can have my babies. So can Chick Corea.

nameless
10-18-2006, 05:17 PM
i guess you kinda have to accept bottle throwing at festivals, the annpying thing is when headlining bands have stuff thrown at them!

coke_a_holic
10-18-2006, 05:30 PM
cokey, and jebus: <3 jazz. lyk srs. John Coltrane can have my babies. So can Chick Corea.

Miles Davis ftw. Dizzy Gillespie is awesome, too. For some reason I like jazz trumpet bands, but prefer the sound of the saxophone in the groups. John Coltrane is cool, but the random octave switches he makes can rub me the wrong way if I'm in a bad mood.

Llamas
10-18-2006, 09:30 PM
hmm, I just love his tone. and the tenor sax makes me wanna have babies. trumpet kind of annoys me in jazz... it's too brash. Miles Davis is good, but I just don't enjoy listening to trumpet as the lead instrument in jazz.

Endymion
10-18-2006, 10:03 PM
i'm a bigger fan of john zorn and ken vandermark for sax players and jazz composers.

Tigger Army
10-18-2006, 11:55 PM
i guess you kinda have to accept bottle throwing at festivals, the annpying thing is when headlining bands have stuff thrown at them!

why should we? I've been on plenty (dutch & belgian) festivals and there no one threw bottles (most likely because you're not allowed to take bottles on the festivalsite).