PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Will Chinese Democracy come out this year?

Floyd the Barber
10-14-2006, 09:09 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/10/05/holy-eff-chinese-democracy-finally-gets-a-release-date-maybe/

After 15 long years, there may be a small glimmer of hope for anyone who's still anticipating the new GNR album.

Personally, I highly doubt Axl will finally get his shit together. And even if he somehow manages, the guy can't sing anymore. Find a clip of him singing at the '02 VMAs to see what I mean, I'm sure it's on YouTube.

Tigger Army
10-15-2006, 03:22 AM
The fact that Axl can't sing won't stop him I think. But I also highly doubt CD will ever be released

Amiralanal
10-15-2006, 03:25 AM
dont give a fuck. Guns n roses suck

Yatesy
10-15-2006, 05:02 AM
This release date seems legit but Axl has said this album is going to be released at [insert date here] for years, so like it says in the article I'll believe it when I see it. It will be the most disappointing album of all time though, waiting this long and spending this much money on it means people will expect a lot but it probably will be crap as Axl on his own isn't Guns n Roses imo.

mrconeman
10-15-2006, 05:22 AM
I really hope this flops if/when it does come out, because it's going to suck, I know that much, and if it gets big I won't be able to say I'm a Guns 'n' Roses fan without people relating it to this new muck.

I have actually heard a few preview tracks from the album, they have all sucked so far.

Autonomist
10-15-2006, 06:20 AM
The smart thing to do would probably be to change the album title.

Jakebert
10-15-2006, 08:27 AM
The fact that there's an actual date set instead of just a month is a good sign, but I still won't believe it until I see it on store shelves.

The sad thing about this album is that no matter how much it sucks, and no matter how much money was wasted going into it, it's still a sure-fire huge seller. This album has already hit legendary status without being released, and has had more pre-release promotion than any album in the history of pop music. Even music nerds who hate GNR are constantly curious and talking about it.

Manic Subsidal Boy
10-15-2006, 11:53 PM
i asked this question along time ago and ill repeat the response i got: IT'S NEVER COMING OUT!!! 1998 The idea of Chinese Democracy started and how long has it been since then?

Manic Subsidal Boy
10-15-2006, 11:53 PM
The smart thing to do would probably be to change the album title.

That's a great idea!

Manic Subsidal Boy
10-15-2006, 11:55 PM
I really hope this flops if/when it does come out, because it's going to suck, I know that much, and if it gets big I won't be able to say I'm a Guns 'n' Roses fan without people relating it to this new muck.

I have actually heard a few preview tracks from the album, they have all sucked so far.

All I've heard are crap, but if Oh My God is released on it (which I doubt) that's a good song

Llamas
10-16-2006, 01:29 AM
MSB: multi quote button.

Evilbaboon
10-16-2006, 06:10 AM
i think democary will come to china before the album comes out....

mrconeman
10-16-2006, 09:14 AM
I see what you did there.

Stranger With Candy
10-16-2006, 09:55 AM
that album is gonna suck big time. GNR without Slash is nothing.

mrconeman
10-16-2006, 09:59 AM
that album is gonna suck big time. GNR without Slash is nothing.

I want to stress as much as I love the old line up, and Slash, I am completely not of this opinion.

I wanted the new songs to be good, so the GNR name would still have some dignity, it's going to suck because the songs suck, It wont suck due to Slash not being there.

Although the old line up not being there does have alot to do with it, it's not my full reasoning.

Jakebert
10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Partially, I think the main reasons that the new stuff sucks is because Axl wants this to be his project, and he has no real musical ability.

Also, any album that takes as long as this has can't be good. Songs can be great if they're labored over for years, but a lot of times, this will completely take the spark out of them, and leave them feeling flat and dull. That's the feeling I've gotten from every new GNR song I've heard.

sonicjam
10-27-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm 98% sure chinese democracy comes out this year.
The latest article in this month's rolling stone says that the album has been completed and that it was heard at one of axl's party about a week or two ago.

Sebastain Bach was there and he seemed to like it...lmao.:p

Camilamazed
10-27-2006, 08:21 PM
No, it won't. Guns's nothing without Slash.

sonicjam
10-27-2006, 11:19 PM
if slash is so good, then how come velvet revolver has fuck all fans compared to gnr at this point in time?

coke_a_holic
10-27-2006, 11:40 PM
As long as it's better than Use you Illusion, I won't care.

Appetite for Destruction was a fine cd, everything afterward was AWFUL with a few stand out tracks that were less than amazing.

Camilamazed
10-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Maybe because some people (as team) work better than just starting a band for $$$ matters.

*yes, I believe that nowadays, people only make music to get money. They don't care about quality. Slash just screwed everything, because Velvet Revolver didn't give him what he wanted.