PDA

View Full Version : Master Of Puppets

NDM1
10-16-2006, 03:04 PM
EDIT: This is now a thread just for the music i record. For my recordings i use an Agile 3100, Ibanez SA160, Spider II, an old Magnavox tube amp, and random effects.

http://alexpolaski.dmusic.com/

Jebus
10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
ah... Master of Puppets is another song I never finished learning because my lack dedication. It was nice cover. Pretty good tone as well.

How did you record this? Did you use a mic or did you use the record out in the line 6? What were your exact settings? I need to try it out on mine.

NDM1
10-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I used the direct out. Another very good tip i have found is that when you are recording a song with 2 guitars make one guitar very thin sounding and the other thick and pan them 25% left and right. This was the main tone i used, but by side to side comparison with my Ibanez it was the les paul that gave it the true sound.
Drive- 9-10
Bass 6
Mid 4
Treble 7

mrconeman
10-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I used to love playing that song, it wore off me though, I never did like Kirks solo much, so that my bias me a little.

Tone was very very nice, on the riffs anyway. It had a good Metallica crunch to it, well done on that. The playing on the riffs was tight too, it can be a challenge for the wrist that song.

The interlude lead tone was cool too, nicely played. The Kirk solo could use a bit of cleaning, I mean, it was good, you'd get away with it on stage, hell even in a recorded cover, but theres a few little trill parts out of time, easily fixed though.

Nice job.

NDM1
10-16-2006, 04:19 PM
^Thanks for the specific feedback and i agree with you on Kirks solo, it may be fast but i really dont like it all that much. Theres only about 7 or 8 measures i enjoy out of that whole solo-2 being the weird fretting out,whammy bar thing. But anyways yeah I am pretty unimpressed with my playing on kirks solo but i noticed it too late; i had already outported it and converted it and uploaded it which takes forever. I didnt know the 1 guitar interlude so i improvised a lot of it. I aslo think i might be wearing out Metallica covers (thats three so far) so this will probably be my last one.

NDM1
11-15-2006, 07:20 PM
UPDATE* I just recorded RATM's "Killing in the name" Im terribly sorry about the solo i have no whammy pedal :( , but i did try and come up with something original for it. Tell me what you guys think.

NDM1
12-18-2006, 02:44 PM
another update-

I just recorded Under the Bridge by RHCP to try out some clean tones. Sorry about the no vocals i added some lead work here and there to try and fill the gaps. The main reason i did this was to record the best clean tone i possibly could.