PDA

View Full Version : Would Dave or any metal fan....

Camilamazed
10-16-2006, 07:22 PM
enjoy a festival with these bands???

+ Gotthard
+ After Forever
+ Doro
+ Nevermore
+ Stratovarius
+ Sepultura
+ Primal Fear
+ David Lee Roth*

All About Eve
10-16-2006, 07:23 PM
I haven't heard of all of them, but the only one of those I like is Stratovarious. The others are mostly too unmelodic for me.

WebDudette
10-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Sepultura is the only band listed that I have heard of, I'm not a huge metal fan though.

I would go just to see Sepultura.

Camilamazed
10-16-2006, 07:24 PM
I don't know very well the difference between heavy metal or melodic.. How do I tell them???

mrconeman
10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
You people that haven't heard of David Lee Roth don't deserve a place on the planet.
I'd go to see him.

Camilamazed
10-16-2006, 07:28 PM
You people that haven't heard of David Lee Roth don't deserve a place on the planet.
I'd go to see him.

I went to the festival to see him and Stratovarius (My friends told me they were awesome, and indeed they were.). Dave played all of his classic musics plus, Van Halen's. I cried. I thought I'd never listen to their early hits in my life, But I got to it. Now, I need to see VH with Sammy.

mrconeman
10-16-2006, 07:36 PM
I went to the festival to see him and Stratovarius (My friends told me they were awesome, and indeed they were.). Dave played all of his classic musics plus, Van Halen's. I cried. I thought I'd never listen to their early hits in my life, But I got to it. Now, I need to see VH with Sammy.

Cool. To be honest I think Dave is the only one to retain his former glory, Eddie can barely stand up these days never mind play guitar, and I never liked Sammy.
Needless to say if there was a Davey/VH reunion I'd probably swim to outer mongolia to see it if I had too, but I doubt I'll see any of them in my life time :(

Jebus
10-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Nevermore and Sepultura are decent enough metal bands but I can't say I'm a fan to any extent. Stratovarius is absolutely horrible. I could never get into David Lee Roth. I haven't heard of the rest.

Camilamazed
10-16-2006, 07:52 PM
After forever is very similar to Nightwish. I saw both, but I actually liked AF better.

People who like Judas Priest would probably enjoy Doro.

Nevermore and Primal Fear were pretty good.

Sepultura's new drummer is as good as Igor and their show is still amazing.

Stratovarius gig was great and full of energy.

PS: I just wanted to Kill David for one thing: He spilled a bottle of Jack Daniel's on the audience:mad:

Camilamazed
10-16-2006, 07:54 PM
Cool. To be honest I think Dave is the only one to retain his former glory, Eddie can barely stand up these days never mind play guitar, and I never liked Sammy.
Needless to say if there was a Davey/VH reunion I'd probably swim to outer mongolia to see it if I had too, but I doubt I'll see any of them in my life time :(

Well, I must confess I like both VH eras. I want to see Sammy live. Dreams, Love walks and some other songs would be perfect live.

All About Eve
10-16-2006, 08:38 PM
What's so bad about Stratovarious, Jebus? They're not wonderful but they're not terrible.

Jebus
10-16-2006, 11:47 PM
I can't stand the vocals, they're way too "power metally" for my tastes, and the solos are absolutely cliche. The guitarists is basically an Yngwie Malmsteen clone in my ears except for a few melodic touches.

Maybe I shouldn't say horrible, but I just simply don't like them at all. Nothing about them appeals to me.

Tigger Army
10-16-2006, 11:56 PM
enjoy a festival with these bands???

+ Gotthard
+ After Forever
+ Doro
+ Nevermore
+ Stratovarius
+ Sepultura
+ Primal Fear
+ David Lee Roth*

I think I might enjoy this one. After Forever is the way Nightwish should have been (heavier and with a better singer).

Primal Fear is pure (good!) heavy metal. Notice it says Primal FEAR and not Primal Scream on the list (unlike you mention later on)

Nevermore should be good.

Stratovarius is above average power metal, that CAN be a good thing if you actually like the genre. Jens Johanson is a VERY good keyboardplayer.

Well Sepultura is crap, but that's my opinion.

killer_queen
10-17-2006, 08:22 AM
I LUV SEPULTURA!!1 But I guess you know it already. I haven't been listening them for a year or something but I still <3 them!

I don't know the other bands so I'll just say they are the worst bands ever.

All About Eve
10-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Jans Johanson did some stuff with Sonata.

H1T_That
10-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Nevermore are a great live band, i saw the support Disturbed

Venom Symbiote
10-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Ah, the power-metal hate. I'll never understand you people.

Sure, they're no Falconer or Hammerfall, cheesiest most awesome bands around, but Stratovarius are fucking pioneers in that, the greatest genre of music ever.

meaning_of_life
10-18-2006, 04:28 AM
i used to be a MASSIVE fan of Sepultura, but not so much their post Max Cavalera stuff. I'd still love to see them though, even though chances are i might end up deaf at a concert such as this

Tigger Army
10-18-2006, 06:30 AM
I don't know very well the difference between heavy metal or melodic.. How do I tell them???

is there a difference? Melodic metal is a bad term anyway as it implies bands that aren't part of it are either not metal or not melodic.

Power metal vs Heavy metal is kind of hard aswell but generally Power metal has a slightly different rythm, more keyboards and (according to a lot of people) a singer who's balls have been removed (less raw, for an example of HM voice listen to Dio, and for a power metal example Timo Kotipelto from Stratovarius would be a decent example).

Oh and ofcourse Power metal tends to be about knights killing the dragon and stuff like that :)

I'm sure most people who like power metal like Stratovarius as they're one of the less cliché bands and musically above average.