PDA

View Full Version : ac dc

Embodude2004
10-17-2006, 06:33 PM
A couple months ago i would of said they are shity and old. But i've started to get in to acdc and THEY FUCKING ROCK! They might not be punk but they still FUCKING ROCK. I love acdc. I don't know how i would of ever said that they sucked

Tired_Of_You
10-17-2006, 06:46 PM
That'd be funny if in a few months you'd realise you love Panic at the disco and Fall Out Boy.

Wtf, they might not be punk but they still FUCKING ROCK? A band doesn't need to be punk to be good. Now, tell me, how is this thread different than the other ac/dc threads?

Personnally, I think they are only okay and kinda boring.

Floyd the Barber
10-17-2006, 06:49 PM
I can't say I've heard much of their stuff, but I find their overplayed singles (TNT, Back in Black, Highway to Hell, etc.) annoying.

Llamas
10-17-2006, 06:51 PM
fallout boy + panic at the disco > ac/dc

RickyCrack
10-17-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm going DOWWWWWWNTOWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN

Amiralanal
10-18-2006, 07:24 AM
they suck donkeyballs

Stranger With Candy
10-18-2006, 07:39 AM
the singer sound awefull.

grunge
10-18-2006, 09:12 AM
How can you say so many shit about this band. By the way they're veterans of punk-rock.

DeAtHsTaR
10-18-2006, 09:36 AM
How can you say so many shit about this band. By the way they're veterans of punk-rock.

No, they were considered punk in the London scene in their early years just because the music didn't fit into any genre. It's not punk.

Llamas
10-18-2006, 12:14 PM
yeah, definitely not punk. and even if they were, I still wouldn't like them.

mrconeman
10-18-2006, 12:22 PM
What the fuck does punk have to do in an AC/DC thread.
I'm not a fan myself, but if they were on the radio I wouldn't cringe or anything.

Llamas
10-18-2006, 12:26 PM
What the fuck does punk have to do in an AC/DC thread.
I'm not a fan myself, but if they were on the radio I wouldn't cringe or anything.

morons, that's what. and I agree- they're not horrible, but they're not great, either.

RickyCrack
10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
People either love ACDC, or they hate ACDC. Or just think they're ok.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I grew out of AC/DC. I still like the song "Rock n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution", though.

Llamas
10-18-2006, 04:55 PM
People either love ACDC, or they hate ACDC. Or just think they're ok.

people either love rickycrack, or they love rickycrack. or they think he's fat.

Professor Chaos
10-18-2006, 08:29 PM
I used to like em a lot, but they got pretty old pretty fast. But they're still nice to listen to on occasion.

Thomas
10-18-2006, 08:55 PM
I love 'em. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap is probably one of my favorites by them. Hells Bells is up there too. I need more of their albums. =/

grunge
10-19-2006, 09:22 AM
It's not punk.

I have never said that they play punk I said Punk-Rock

DeAtHsTaR
10-19-2006, 10:07 AM
I have never said that they play punk I said Punk-Rock

Oh, that makes it so much clearer and more correct.

grunge
10-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Punk and Punk-Rock are differents things

Llamas
10-20-2006, 02:07 AM
punk

noun (plural punks)
Definition:

1. youth movement: a youth movement of the late 1970s, characterized by loud aggressive rock music, confrontational attitudes, body piercing, and unconventional hairstyles, makeup, and clothing

2. somebody belonging to punk movement: a member of the punk movement of the late 1970s

3. music
Same as punk rock

------------------------------------------------------

punk

• noun 1 (also punk rock) a loud, fast form of rock music characterized by aggressive and anarchic lyrics and behaviour. 2 (also punk rocker) an admirer or player of punk music. 3 informal, chiefly N. Amer. a worthless person; a thug or criminal. 4 chiefly N. Amer. tinder.

-------------------------------------------------------

Main Entry: 1punk
Pronunciation: 'p&[ng]k
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
1 archaic : PROSTITUTE
2 [probably partly from 3punk] : NONSENSE, FOOLISHNESS
3 a : a young inexperienced person : BEGINNER, NOVICE; especially : a young man b : a usually petty gangster, hoodlum, or ruffian c slang : a young man used as a homosexual partner especially in a prison
4 a : PUNK ROCK b : a punk rock musician c : one who affects punk styles

seems like it's the same to me....

the_GoDdEsS
10-20-2006, 02:41 AM
Lolz at dictionary definitions.

I really like what I know by them but somehow never bothered to get the whole discography.

grunge
10-20-2006, 08:25 AM
punk

noun (plural punks)
Definition:

1. youth movement: a youth movement of the late 1970s, characterized by loud aggressive rock music, confrontational attitudes, body piercing, and unconventional hairstyles, makeup, and clothing

2. somebody belonging to punk movement: a member of the punk movement of the late 1970s

3. music
Same as punk rock

------------------------------------------------------

punk

noun 1 (also punk rock) a loud, fast form of rock music characterized by aggressive and anarchic lyrics and behaviour. 2 (also punk rocker) an admirer or player of punk music. 3 informal, chiefly N. Amer. a worthless person; a thug or criminal. 4 chiefly N. Amer. tinder.

-------------------------------------------------------

Main Entry: 1punk
Pronunciation: 'p&[ng]k
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
1 archaic : PROSTITUTE
2 [probably partly from 3punk] : NONSENSE, FOOLISHNESS
3 a : a young inexperienced person : BEGINNER, NOVICE; especially : a young man b : a usually petty gangster, hoodlum, or ruffian c slang : a young man used as a homosexual partner especially in a prison
4 a : PUNK ROCK b : a punk rock musician c : one who affects punk styles

seems like it's the same to me....

So, do you think that Exploited and Offspring or Blink 182 or Sum 41 are the same. I don't think so.

These styles of music are similar at many points but nevertheless they are different.

I'm not tell about ska punk or some another styles of punk but I tell about the difference between Punk and Punk-Rock

DeAtHsTaR
10-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Lolz at dictionary definitions.

I really like what I know by them but somehow never bothered to get the whole discography.

You only need an album or two, every album is the same. Brian Johnson even agrees about this.

Llamas
10-20-2006, 01:16 PM
So, do you think that Exploited and Offspring or Blink 182 or Sum 41 are the same. I don't think so.

These styles of music are similar at many points but nevertheless they are different.

I'm not tell about ska punk or some another styles of punk but I tell about the difference between Punk and Punk-Rock

obviously those bands aren't the same. However, they're not different because some are punk and some are punk rock. The exploited are hardcore punk and punk metal. The offspring and blink 182 are pop-punk and punk revival. You really can't compare the two. Punk is a style of rock, so punk and punk rock are the same thing.

And the goddess, I know that dictionaries aren't perfect and nobody should base their opinions off them and definitions can be the bad way to go. I don't even think the definitions described by those dictionaries are 100% accurate. However, if the overall encompassing theme is that punk and punk rock are the same, and if I've already always believed they were, I'm going to believe it.