PDA

View Full Version : TV shows you need to watch

killer_queen
10-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Val's thread gave me this idea and I'm really really bored so...yeah, I'm making a useless thread like this.

Let's start with Full House. It was one of the most boring shows ever. It had really bad jokes and annoying actors and Olsen twins. But also there was a John Stamos in that show. Everytime he appeared on the screen with his fucking cool hair I felt very happy as a child. Now, I feel a lot different as a young girl when I see him but that's just a whole different thing.

Okay, one of my favourite TV shows is Spin City. A lot of people don't find it funny and I don't understand them. By the way I'm talking about Spin City with Michael J. Fox. It was a disaster with Charlie Sheen.
Anyway, Fox is the cutest actor ever in my opinion. While watching Spin City you feel like he's a close friend of yours.
The other characters are also pretty good. The jokes aren't the smartest things in the world but they do make you laugh if you're looking for something relaxing.

Aaaand there's Curb Your Enthusiasm of course. I'm a little embarrassed to admit but sometimes I don't understand the jokes. It's kinda for Americans, I guess but still this show and Larry David are my number ones.
I love Larry David. I love his everything. His clothes, glasses, his brain. his acting... I wish I could have watch more episodes but I was studying for my university exam last year. grrr. Whatever. Watch this show. Seriously.

Keen Eddie is a good show too. But it has just 13 episodes and the show is full of clichés. It's about a hawt American cop. He's going to London and stays there. If you find Sienna Miller hot (and if you don't, fuck you) you can see every episode at least ten times.

I'm going on with Andy Richter Controls the Universe. It kinda reminds me simpsons sometimes, I don't know why. There's nothing like this show, though. If you want something different and have some real laughs Andy Richter would love to help you.

I've been watching Dead Like Me for two weeks or something but I became a fan of it. I can't say a lot of things about it but I can say that it won't waste your time.

Oh hello, I'm a trendy asshole. Because I LOVE Lost. I'm an addict. You should be too. That's all.

I'm finishing this post by saying Jake in Progress. Because there's a John Stamos in it. enough said.

Jakebert
10-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Okay, one of my favourite TV shows is Spin City. A lot of people don't find it funny and I don't understand them. By the way I'm talking about Spin City with Michael J. Fox. It was a disaster with Charlie Sheen.
Anyway, Fox is the cutest actors ever in my opinion. While watching Spin City you feel like he's a close friend of yours.
The other characters are also pretty good. The jokes aren't the smartest things in the world but they do make you laugh if you're looking for something relaxing.

I'm going on with Andy Richter Controls the Universe. It kinda reminds me simpsons sometimes, I don't know why. There's nothing like this show, though. If you want something different and have some real laughs Andy Richter would love to help you.

I approve of both of those shows. Andy Richter Controls the Universe isn't on any channel I can get anymore though, which sucks because it's one of those few shows that would have me cracking up constantly.

Llamas
10-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Oh hello, I'm a trendy asshole. Because I LOVE Lost. I'm an addict. You should be too. That's all.

umm. marry me.

also, buffy the vampire slayer.

that is all for me. :)

killer_queen
10-20-2006, 01:20 PM
You like Buffy :(

Llamas
10-20-2006, 01:23 PM
YES. And damn justifiably!

Jebus
10-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I also liked Andy Richter Controls the Universe. I haven't it seen since it got cancelled. =\

Speaking of cancelled Fox shows, anyone remember Oliver Beene? I thought that show had lots of potential. I loved that one episode where Oliver made it over the fence using a schoolyard swing and he got accused of racism when he knocked down the black kid on the other side of the fence. (I should probably split that sentence)

and yes, Buffy and Angel were great.

EDIT: I also love Stargate Sg-1 and Atlantis. I know you guys are envying my taste in tv right now.

mrconeman
10-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Buffy and Angel ftw. Well, not always but a good 90% of the time both shows were great.

Currently I love.
Supernatural. (recommended for Buffy & Angel fans)
Lost.

wheelchairman
10-20-2006, 01:40 PM
TV shows I love:
Star Trek: The Original Series
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (sort of)
Star Trek: Voyager

Firefly

Newsradio

Family Guy

Curb Your Enthusiasm, (I guess)

Seventh Heaven (always entertaining)

Gilmore Girls

Black Books

Coupling

Simpsons I guess,

Angel and Buffy

Stargate (SG1 only)

Orange County
---------

That's all that I remember. I don't have any tv channels so I just watch dvds these days.

T-6005
10-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Buffy and Angel kicked ass. Not counting Season 4 of both shows.

Arrested Development - there's no need to explain this one.

Firefly also gets another mention.

And Boston Legal is also a great show that I'm hooked on. Although Season 3 is being disappointing so far, the first 2 seasons were absolutely brilliant. As long as you don't have an overbearing need for accuracy in your legal shows, anyway.

Plus, hearing William Shatner say "Did you just say Klingon?" in any other show than Star Trek is kickass. The metareferences in this show.

Ugh - I love it.

Llamas
10-20-2006, 01:43 PM
I am so turned on by the amount of buffy/angel lovin' in this thread. everyone is invited over to my place for a marathon!!

also, I'm tempted to giggle, yet also think it's super cool that you like gilmore girls, per. hehe.

EDIT: I haven't seen season 4 of angel... but season 4 of buffy was atleast a great deal better than seasons 1 and 7. And while Adam was not that great of a bad guy, I thought the initiative and what they did with spike was pretty cool.

T-6005
10-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Season 7 Spike is the hottest piece of manmeat to ever exist. Especially in that "From beneath" episode. Blue Shirt and Spike hugging crosses ftw.

killer_queen
10-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Guys, it's not a "what are your favourite tv shows?" thread but it's okay since I love both of you.

Per, I thought you liked Just Shoot Me too. And damn, I should have added News Radio on my list.

Llamas
10-20-2006, 01:50 PM
true he is hot, but the episodes themselves sucked. It was retarded how they tried to wrap everyone's story up in a neat little package, and each episode didn't have a plot. There were a few good episodes (conversations with dead people, lies my parents told me), but overall, I watched that season just waiting to get to the end.

Also, Oz was way hotter than spike. :P

Llamas
10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Guys, it's not a "what are your favourite tv shows?" thread but it's okay since I love both of you.

Per, I thought you liked Just Shoot Me too. And damn, I should have added News Radio on my list.

well sad. um. I'd watch some of the shows you listed if I was willing to allow myself to become addicted to any more shows, haha.

mrconeman
10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
ofck. I forgot Firefly, it was awesome....while it lasted:(

Also, I met Claire Kramer & Juliet Landau, me ftw.

killer_queen
10-20-2006, 01:58 PM
well sad. um. I'd watch some of the shows you listed if I was willing to allow myself to become addicted to any more shows, haha.

You love Lost. That's enough for me.

By the way, you're watching the third season there, right? What happened to jackkatesawyer? No wait, don't tell. Okay tell, but...no, just forget it. But maybe...

Llamas
10-20-2006, 02:02 PM
haha, yeah we're on episode three of the third season.

They haven't told us very much at all about where they are... the others have them, kate and sawyer were locked up and are being forced to do slave labor... jack is in some underwater hatch "the hydra" and that's all we know. a lot of specific stuff has happened, but we have no idea why they're there or anything. And that shouldn't ruin anything for you. :P how far are you guys right now?

Amazed
10-20-2006, 02:02 PM
also, buffy the vampire slayer.

Buffy rules! :D

Season 7 Spike is the hottest piece of manmeat to ever exist. Especially in that "From beneath" episode. Blue Shirt and Spike hugging crosses ftw.
2 years ago I would have agreed with you, although I thought he was way hotter in the earlier seasons. I was obsessed with him for about a year. I've changed my mind though.

killer_queen
10-20-2006, 02:09 PM
haha, yeah we're on episode three of the third season.

They haven't told us very much at all about where they are... the others have them, kate and sawyer were locked up and are being forced to do slave labor... jack is in some underwater hatch "the hydra" and that's all we know. a lot of specific stuff has happened, but we have no idea why they're there or anything. And that shouldn't ruin anything for you. :P how far are you guys right now?

We already finished the second season and I guess we'll be able to see third season in a couple of weeks but I just can't wait. Mmm, I miss Sawyer's face and body and smile and...

Llamas
10-20-2006, 02:10 PM
he and kate get in trouble for making out in the second episode, hehe. ;)

wheelchairman
10-20-2006, 02:11 PM
I've never watched Just Shoot Me. But I always thought I might like it.

And there is nothing wrong with watching Gilmore Girls. It's like 7th Heaven, you hate the main characters but the plots are interesting.

Llamas
10-20-2006, 02:13 PM
here, everyone thought that any guy who liked gilmore girls was completely gay. I always thought it was really well written... smart plots, great script, and good acting (for the most part). plus I really like lorelei and I loved dean. it started getting lame when rory started college and then dating logan.

Amazed
10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
I've never watched Just Shoot Me. But I always thought I might like it.

And there is nothing wrong with watching Gilmore Girls. It's like 7th Heaven, you hate the main characters but the plots are interesting.

Just Shoot Me is great. Too bad they don't air it here any more. At least not that I know of.

Endymion
10-20-2006, 02:19 PM
clone high
mission hill
battlestar galactica
deadwood
carnivale
get a life
venture bros
gerhard reinke's wanderlust
dead like me
wonderfalls
babylon 5
strangers with candy
newsradio
arrested development
mr. show
curb your enthusiasm

i'm sure there are plenty i'm missing.

Tijs
10-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Anyway, Fox is the cutest actor ever in my opinion. While watching Spin City you feel like he's a close friend of yours.
The other characters are also pretty good. The jokes aren't the smartest things in the world but they do make you laugh if you're looking for something relaxing.I'm totally into Spin City, if I could just find a place to download the series. Hell, I'd even buy them. I disagree with you that it wasn't funny anymore when Charlie Sheen came into the show, I still loved it very much. It's the best change I've ever seen when a lead character leaves a show. I would've preferred if there wasn't any change at all, but still, it wasn't bad at all, I loved them both.
And not to sound gay, or well, to sound gay: Michael is indeed very cute.
Paul and Stuart were the best on the show, hilarious!
Oh hello, I'm a trendy asshole. Because I LOVE Lost. I'm an addict. You should be too. That's all.I love Lost! I just watched the 2nd episode of the new season, maybe I'll watch the 3rd episode later tonight, or else tomorrow. Gotta say I liked the first season best.

Other than that I love 'Malcolm in the Middle' the later seasons were not as good though, still funny.
Newsradio was great too, until Bill left.

That_Guy91
10-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Futurama.

I like Dead Like Me, but I haven't seen it in a really long time. Now I wanna watch it again.

Also, I've been meaning to watch Strangers With Candy (i'm a huge Colbert fan) but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Llamas
10-20-2006, 02:31 PM
newsradio
arrested development

two shows that I could easily get addicted to if I had time. AD is hilarious.

I love Lost! I just watched the 2nd episode of the new season, maybe I'll watch the 3rd episode later tonight, or else tomorrow. Gotta say I liked the first season best.

Other than that I love 'Malcolm in the Middle' the later seasons were not as good though, still funny.

I agree that season 1 of lost has been the best so far. it got away from being about people trying to survive, and turned into a war. I still like it, but not as much.

And I did used to really like malcolm in its early seasons.

Also, I forgot to mention the british Office. The american version isn't very funny, but I <3 the british version. I'd be addicted if it was more than 2 seasons.

Tijs
10-20-2006, 02:32 PM
British show are great too, Blackadder, Coupling, the Green Wing, Thin Blue Line. Awesome.

I like Dead Like Me, but I haven't seen it in a really long time. Now I wanna watch it again.They used to show that here, not anymore, I think. I've watched it a few times and then they stopped showing it. I never figured whether I find the girl totally hot or not at all though...

I was also hooked on Boston Public for a while, but then I got a job and hardly ever saw it anymore. And now they don't show it anymore.

mrconeman
10-20-2006, 02:44 PM
I never figured whether I find the girl totally hot or not at all though...
Haha, I did the exact same thing.

HeadAroundU
10-20-2006, 02:45 PM
babylon 5
Fuck yes! I loved it.

Gulsah, I liked "Full House" when I was a little baby. Is that enough for you? I don't know about the other TV shows you have listed except Lost. I watched the first shows. Something was killing them but god knows "what" and it pissed me off. It was very annoying for me but it looked cool.

0r4ng3
10-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Wait, so people like Just Shoot Me? I always assumed it was generally hated because I watch it sometimes.

Stranger With Candy
10-20-2006, 05:24 PM
what about Malcom in the Middle?

Llamas
10-20-2006, 05:26 PM
what about it?

Stranger With Candy
10-20-2006, 05:30 PM
its a show you need to watch

coke_a_holic
10-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Wait, so people like Just Shoot Me? I always assumed it was generally hated because I watch it sometimes.

It's one of the few times when David Spade makes a makes a show/movie/whatever form of media MORE enjoyable. I love that show.

Also, Seinfeld, Clone High, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia were/are fucking GENIUS.

Oh, and that show Beast Wars was beyond kickass.

Llamas
10-20-2006, 05:33 PM
its a show you need to watch

It was already mentioned atleast twice in this thread...

Rag Doll
10-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Also, I met Claire Kramer & Juliet Landau, me ftw.

yeah, i met Darla (can't recall her real name) and am meeting Juliet Landau next week. weeoo.

i have no shows i think others should watch, really. law & order:svu, i guess, because it's pretty accurate about stuff. and ghosthunters on scifi, cause, well....it's cool.

Tizzalicious
10-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Most of ym fave shows are cancelled, or just not showed in Holland :(

I love:

Sex & The City
Roswell
Joan of Arcadia
Coupling
Family Guy
News Radio
The L Word (I'm so gay. I love this though, a lot.)

Acoustic1804
10-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Kenny Vs Spenny makes me lol

JoY
10-21-2006, 12:56 AM
my roommate is trying to get me hooked on Prison Break. she's making progress, oh most definitely. we're not quite there yet, though.

(might be because I don't own a fucking television)

yesterday we watched Medium. we're both unfamiliar with the show, but that won't stop us from developing pure utter addiction. we're not sure yet, if it's addiction-worthy, though.

Grey's Anatomy, HULLO, medical nerd in the house. besides the fact it's kinda a SOAP OPERA in a freaking HOSPITAL, it's just really fucking awesome. rawk.

I was a little girl (with blonde curls), when I got into E.R.. holy jazz, E.R. is amazing. I still love every single episode I see & I've seen them all.

doh, everybody likes Angel & Buffy. & if you don't, you don't understand pure utter humour. (& one sweet, hot fucking vampire saving the world, but nevermind that)

Gilmore Girls. <33
--------

then, let's see.. Spin City I don't like much, along with Michael J. Fox & Charlie Sheen. there are times I think Charlie is funny & Michael is adorable, but every time I have to conclude they're trying to hard. cute, but no. so.. holy shit, gurl, what you thinkin'?!

I watched Supernatural the other day. not sure what to think of it; it was the first time I ever saw it. at first it did seem to have a Buffy/Angel flavour, but on second sight it seriously had nothing to do with it. atmosphere, storysetting, et cetera is too different. too bad, because I bet it was supposed to replace Buffy & Angel.

24 I hate with a passion. I won't elaborate, I'll spit fire.

Llamas
10-21-2006, 01:02 AM
doh, everybody likes Angel & Buffy. & if you don't, you don't understand pure utter humour. (& one sweet, hot fucking vampire saving the world, but nevermind that) I find a lot to like about both shows far beyond humor... especially because the last two seasons of buffy were not at all funny.

Gilmore Girls. <33 <3s 2 u!!!!

I watched Supernatural the other day. not sure what to think of it; it was the first time I ever saw it. at first it did seem to have a Buffy/Angel flavour, but on second sight it seriously had nothing to do with it. atmosphere, storysetting, et cetere is too different. too bad, because I bet it was supposed to replace Buffy & Angel.
I honestly don't see much buffy/angel similarity after the first season of angel... I feel like they can't be compared very much at all, as angel becomes very much of a supernatural soap opera. however, supernatural could be good.

24 I hate with a passion. I won't elaborate, I'll spit fire.

I do not not not NOT like that show. and I tried.

JoY
10-21-2006, 01:05 AM
Most of ym fave shows are cancelled, or just not showed in Holland :(

I love:

Sex & The City
Roswell

oooo, I adored Roswell. Roswell was fantastic! where is Roswell?

Sex & the City is a dream come true for every girl that likes sex, shopping, female thoughts & humour. even my boyfriend loved this to death. (if he's gay, then I'm turning male)

too bad both of these came to an end here in the Netherlands.:( I don't know many of the others that you mentioned, but well yeah, I don't have a television..

JoY
10-21-2006, 01:17 AM
llamas:
about Buffy; it's the lack of funny that made it funny. nevermind, I doubt I can explain in a normal fashion that at some point I could only laugh at Buffy episodes.

& Gilmore Girls is so awesome, it doesn't need explanation. only hearts.

on the subject of Supernatural; Supernatural are relatively new series here in the Netherlands. Buffy & Angel were taken from the telly here ages ago, so we don't have reasonable material to compare the three on this side of the planet. still I feel it's something way different & after the first time seeing it, I'm not too enthousiastic yet.

you don't like 24? YAY! *high fives* my parents' friends were talking about it non-stop, so at some point my parents got curious & turned it into some kind of family thing. me & my parents watched every time & I did my best to like it, gave it fucking everything, but that only made me hate it more. & oh, how I hate it. especially Jack Bauer. *shivers*

Tizzalicious
10-21-2006, 02:10 AM
oooo, I adored Roswell. Roswell was fantastic! where is Roswell?

I think they cancelled it after season 2, then at one point the started showing season 3 in the middle of the night, which was NOT good for my sleeping pattern. Man, I need roswell on DVD. I need moneyz.

Nina
10-21-2006, 02:37 AM
My problem is that there are too many addictive shows.

I watch
CSI:NY and LOST on Mondays
CSI:Miami and Desperate Housewives on Tuesdays and
German Popstars on Thursdays

That makes three evenings of me wanting to be home and watching TV. So I didnt get addicted to anything else..on purpose.

I have always been interested in 24 and 4400 (dunno if I got the number of that one right) but reasons for not watching are mentioned above.

Popstars is going to end soon, then I'll switch to Navy CIS, which hasnt been mentioned as far as I know.

LOST is by far my favorite TV show. But I dunno yet if I like the change. and I am miigghhttyy afraid of spoilers, which is why I never fully read threads about TV-shows. And I HATE how inconsiderate Americans are when it comes to this. Someone from my friendslist told me, while I was in the middle of the first season, that there will be other, real people and other main characters in the next season. Information I certainly hadnt asked for. I mean, WHAT THE FUCK. I got so furious. It totally ruined the mystery for me personally.

Back to the real subject:

That Spanish TV-Show called "Dance" or something hasnt been mentioned yet. I know that it has aired in many European countries, which is a huge success for a Spanish Show. It's very very watchable.

My favorite TV-Shows aside from the mentioned:
Star Trek - Enterprise
Star Trek - Voyager
Will & Grace
Coupling

Can't watch any of these on TV, so I'm trying to get the DVDs of them all.

And a TV-Show I try to watch every now and then because I find it so interesting: Seventh Heaven. I mean omg. Haha.

Okay I need to stop talking about TV now.

killer_queen
10-21-2006, 03:12 AM
I'd like to join the 24 haters club. I just can't understand why my dad has such a big love for it. Methinks that show is one of the most boring things on tv.

I watched the first episode of Roswell a few years ago and totally adored it but I could never be able to see it again.

Anyone knows Veronica Mars? It seems like a good show and that girl wears very cool clothes. Yeah, I'm girly and a little stupid.

Llamas
10-21-2006, 04:34 AM
German Popstars on
*tee hee* makes fun of you ;)

LOST is by far my favorite TV show. But I dunno yet if I like the change. and I am miigghhttyy afraid of spoilers, which is why I never fully read threads about TV-shows. And I HATE how inconsiderate Americans are when it comes to this. Someone from my friendslist told me, while I was in the middle of the first season, that there will be other, real people and other main characters in the next season. Information I certainly hadnt asked for. I mean, WHAT THE FUCK. I got so furious. It totally ruined the mystery for me personally.
I know that a while ago (like months ago) I said something in a thread about Lost and you freaked out... I didn't know that other countries were behind the US in seasons, so I didn't know I was spoiling anything... I hope that you weren't too upset about that. :(

And in this thread, I told killer queen a little bit about what I've seen so far in the 3rd season, but nothing that's really a major spoiler. Just don't read my post about Lost!!!

And a TV-Show I try to watch every now and then because I find it so interesting: Seventh Heaven. I mean omg. Haha.
haha! I used to watch that show all the time when I was like 15 (the first few seasons) I loooooooved it... now it kinda sucks. But someday, it'd be sweet to get the first couple seasons on dvd. :)

JoY
10-21-2006, 04:47 AM
Nina, Will & Grace is totally the bomb. I love it, love it, love it. I have to fight for the remote every time it's on, though, because my roommate doesn't like it at all. :/ & since I don't have television, I always watch with her. :( (which usually is a lot of fun, by the way)

Zee
10-21-2006, 05:32 AM
Prison Break.

I rarely watch any tv series' but this is just super great and exciting. Hooks you up pretty well and is just awesome, the actors couldn't be better.

Vera
10-21-2006, 05:36 AM
Heroes

It's like X-Men but not really, because it's like 45736705674958 times awesomerrrr. The Indian guy is dull so you know this is not my Indian person bias speaking. But the Japanese guy, the cheerleader, the stripper, those characters roccccckkkkk. Seriously, check it out.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Heroes

It's like X-Men but not really, because it's like 45736705674958 times awesomerrrr. The Indian guy is dull so you know this is not my Indian person bias speaking. But the Japanese guy, the cheerleader, the stripper, those characters roccccckkkkk. Seriously, check it out.

There is only one show I've ever had the urge to keep up with, and that's Heroes. That Japanese guy is the main reason I watch the show, even though all of the characters are awesome.

Hiro from Heroes:
http://i13.tinypic.com/4bey7o4.jpg

Edit: I think every man needs to watch SportsCenter at least once a week to survive.

Betty
10-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Whoa whoa whoa... too much 24 blasphemy going on here.

I LOVE(D) Roswell, I'll say that.

Also, I guess since it hasn't been mentionned, and which I say everytime, Scrubs is one of the most entertaining/funny sitcoms at the moment.

Original prankstA
10-21-2006, 01:15 PM
My Name is Earl.

Jakebert
10-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Also, I guess since it hasn't been mentionned, and which I say everytime, Scrubs is one of the most entertaining/funny sitcoms at the moment.

Agreed. Except the latest season seemed a little off to me.

Autonomist
10-21-2006, 08:57 PM
THE BILL and RED DWARF are currently elevated. A user on YouTube whom had heaps of classic Red Dwarf episodes uploaded recently got banned. I died a little inside.

Kathy
10-24-2006, 07:48 AM
Will & Grace is totally the bomb.

<3!

I'd like to join 24 haters club...Damn, Its just...bored.

Gilmore Girls = <3

there is a Roswell DVD?, Damn I want it!

Tigger Army
10-24-2006, 07:56 AM
There's only one sitcom for me, & that's Fawlty Towers. Ta-daaaaaaa!

thusfar this was the only correct reply to this topic.

luckily I've got all the shows on DVD.
Too bad there are only 12 though

randman21
10-24-2006, 08:10 AM
:confused: :confused: Wow. Are there really only twelve?

[/rhetorical question]

"Keeping Up Appearances" is a show that should be enjoyed by the entire world. I've seen the episodes scores of times, and they never cease to entertain me.

randman21
10-24-2006, 08:15 AM
I've been founded dumb. I'm amazed at how such a classic could be so short-lived.

Tigger Army
10-24-2006, 08:16 AM
I've dled them twelve, but haven't seen them all... I already fell off my chair laughing at Basil's testy "I wonder where I'd be without you... in the land of the living, probably", directed at his wife. The episodes are so crammed full of joked that I'm literally in tears from start to finish.

John Cleese's work is generally brilliant. Basil's wife would drive me crazy really. I liked the episode with the germans best I think :)

Steerpike
10-24-2006, 08:40 AM
As well as the aforementioned Faulty Towers:

Monty Python, Coupling, Blackadder, American Dad, Black Books, Bottom, South Park.

randman21
10-24-2006, 09:37 AM
By the way, my favorite shows are "The Wonder Years" and "Seinfeld". I'd really recommend watching "How I Met Your Mother". I think it's the best thing going on TV right now.

K1llboy Powerhead
10-24-2006, 09:47 AM
My name is Earl! Jason Lee rules! :D

http://www.tvsnob.com/images/earl-thumb.jpg

mrconeman
10-24-2006, 09:48 AM
For more recent works Bremnar Bird & Fortune is brilliant, along with Greenwing.

Jeff316
10-24-2006, 10:25 AM
I like these cartoons

Aqua teen hunger force

Beavis and butthead(Have all 3 voulumes)

Family Guy

South park

Older Simpsons

I like these shows

C.S.I.
Law & Order:SVU and CI

killer_queen
10-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Thank you people. Thank yo for ruining my thread. Thank you for not reading. If you want to list your favourite tv shows there are already a few threads for it. :(

Apathy
10-24-2006, 01:16 PM
You're selfish.

I'm going to ruin your thread even further to state that I love scrubs. It seems to be hated by most, but I am generally in love with the show.
Malcolm in the Middle is pretty awesome too.

Llamas
10-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Thank you people. Thank yo for ruining my thread. Thank you for not reading. If you want to list your favourite tv shows there are already a few threads for it. :(

I read your original thread! I just can't take the time to get addicted to more shows :( so I talked about the shows that I think OTHER people should be addicted to. :)

Floyd the Barber
10-24-2006, 02:22 PM
I don't know if anyone's mentioned 24 yet, but for anyone who's anticipating the 6th season starting in January, here's a preview clip that was just released today:

http://www.24trailer.com/

I thought it was pretty sweet, it seems cooler than the overly complex, convoluted central plotline of season 5. The clip gives the impression the writers are bent on killing off Jack Bauer this season, which would be a shame. But nothing's a certainity on 24.

Llamas
10-24-2006, 02:36 PM
I don't know if anyone's mentioned 24 yet, but for anyone who's anticipating the 6th season starting in January, here's a preview clip that was just released today:

I thought it was pretty sweet, it seems cooler than the overly complex, convoluted central plotline of season 5. The clip gives the impression the writers are bent on killing off Jack Bauer this season, which would be a shame. But nothing's a certainity on 24.

god, read the damn thread. atleast a LITTLE BIT of it before you post. 24 has been talked about a lot in here, plus that's not the point of the thread.

killer_queen
10-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I read your original thread! I just can't take the time to get addicted to more shows :( so I talked about the shows that I think OTHER people should be addicted to. :)
Of course you did, I wasn't talking about you. Plus, you gave hints about Lost which makes you extra awesome!

Floyd the Barber
10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
god, read the damn thread. atleast a LITTLE BIT of it before you post. 24 has been talked about a lot in here, plus that's not the point of the thread.

Calm your balls.

Vera
10-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Let's start with Full House. It was one of the most boring shows ever. It had really bad jokes and annoying actors and Olsen twins. But also there was a John Stamos in that show. Everytime he appeared on the screen with his fucking cool hair I felt very happy as a child.

Wow, you're odd. But I still love you.

Damn true. I loved Fox more in that family show where he played a Republican, though. I didn't know shit about American politics but that's where I learned that thinking Nixon is the best ever is suuuuper-funny. Yay for learning. But yeah, Spin City also greatness. Too bad it went shit with Charlie Sheen.

Aaaand there's Curb Your Enthusiasm of course. I'm a little embarrassed to admit but sometimes I don't understand the jokes. It's kinda for Americans, I guess but still this show and Larry David are my number ones.
I love Larry David. I love his everything. His clothes, glasses, his brain. his acting... I wish I could have watch more episodes but I was studying for my university exam last year. grrr. Whatever. Watch this show. Seriously.
Ehhhh I should. But I'm le lazy and want to stick to Arrested Development for my awesome American comedy kicks.

Keen Eddie is a good show too. But it has just 13 episodes and the show is full of clichés. It's about a hawt American cop. He's going to London and stays there. If you find Sienna Miller hot (and if you don't, fuck you) you can see every episode at least ten times.

Seen it, it's alright. Has this one dude who's in my favourite British comedy Green Wing but I don't fangirl him so I kind of lost a reason to watch Keen Eddie there.

I'm scared of Andy Richter. So no.

I've been watching Dead Like Me for two weeks or something but I became a fan of it. I can't say a lot of things about it but I can say that it won't waste your time.

Dunno this show, don't really care.

Ewwwww Lost.

I'm finishing this post by saying Jake in Progress. Because there's a John Stamos in it. enough said.

I think I almost kinda liked this show called Thieves with John Stamos and some hot woman. Not sure why. But it started sucking pretty soon so I stopped being into it.

Amazed
10-25-2006, 03:22 AM
I'm going to ruin your thread even further to state that I love scrubs. It seems to be hated by most, but I am generally in love with the show.

I love Scrubs too.

mrconeman
10-25-2006, 03:50 AM

Other than the fact that Keifer Sutherland has signed on to do at least another 3 series of 24.

Llamas
10-25-2006, 04:03 AM
maybe he'll die and somehow come back to life. :eek: :eek: :eek: the hours where he was dead would sure be boring, though.

mrconeman
10-25-2006, 04:23 AM
He died before actually, twice if memory serves.
Speaking of 24...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MxzovLECtGc

killer_queen
10-25-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm scared of Andy Richter. So no.
What? Are you scared of the cutest, the most huggable teddy bear in the world? Why?

Vera
10-25-2006, 02:13 PM
I think he has an evil side we can't see. But it's there.

Endymion
10-25-2006, 09:14 PM
I think he has an evil side we can't see. But it's there.

no, that's his brother Emmitt.

Vera
10-26-2006, 02:01 AM
I think those two are definitely up to something bad.

Jakebert
10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
no, that's his brother Emmitt.

That was easily one of the funniest jokes I've ever seen on TV.

Mark_Bryan_420
10-26-2006, 12:08 PM
I'd like to see Heroes on NBC. http://www.heroestheseries.com/claire-images-from-the-heroes-pilot-possible-spoilers/ This girl Claire (Hayden Panettiere/Remember The Titans-Ice Princess,Bring It On 3) has powers that help her heal,even in the WORST condition! Really gross,but fascinatin'!

H1T_That
10-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I'd like to see Heroes on NBC. http://www.heroestheseries.com/claire-images-from-the-heroes-pilot-possible-spoilers/ This girl Claire (Hayden Panettiere/Remember The Titans-Ice Princess,Bring It On 3) has powers that help her heal,even in the WORST condition! Really gross,but fascinatin'!

I'd like to see that too. I've got a feeling it will be shit though.

H1T_That
10-26-2006, 12:16 PM
My fave line in it is: "oh, you're German!!! HAHAHA I thought there was sth wrong with you! HAHAHA"

I just exploded with laughter.

As for me, my top three (in no particular order apart from chronological) is Gourmet Night, The Psychiatrist, The Kipper & the Corpse.

But they're all fantastic, every time Cleese pulls his wry face I burst out laughing. Sys-te-ma-tic.

The Corpse is my all time favourite. Love it!

Llamas
10-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Bring It On 3)

There's a THIRD one?? what morons put money into producing a SECOND one, let alone a third?? :(

I've started watching House MD and Bones.... both shows are very good.

I also downloaded a few episodes of Scrubs, but I haven't watched any yet.

Nina
10-26-2006, 02:48 PM
I didnt read anything cuz you guys will totally spoil. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Question: Has anyone seen "Invasion"? Is it watchable? I'm too addicted to other stuff to start a new show but this one appears mysterious and interesting and comes right before LOST.

Llamas
10-26-2006, 02:58 PM
totally spoil what?? the only thing people have talked about in the last page was 24... which sucks anyway, so you shouldn't be watching it ;)

Nina
10-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Haha alright! I just cant ever be careful enough :D
....i obsess over tv shows a little too much :(

Llamas
10-26-2006, 03:12 PM
haha, I hate having stuff spoiled, too. I have obviously watched all the seasons of Buffy, but only the first season of Angel and a few episodes into season 2... I flipped through the channels one late night and saw Angel was on so I got excited, but it was an episode from season 5, and in a moment I found out two HUGE things that will totally ruin my watching until then :( I hate when stuff gets ruined for me.

mrconeman
10-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Question: Has anyone seen "Invasion"? Is it watchable? I'm too addicted to other stuff to start a new show but this one appears mysterious and interesting and comes right before LOST.
Yes indeed. I've seen all of the first season (They canceled it after that :( ).
It's a good watch if your into that sort of science fiction stuff, it definatly should not have been canceled, and only watch if you can deal with the annoyance of season one ending on a cliff-hanger that now, will never be resolved.

78 Water
10-26-2006, 04:03 PM
What the hell is TV?

Stranger With Candy
10-26-2006, 04:14 PM
What the hell is TV?

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-6005
10-27-2006, 12:41 AM
(& one sweet, hot fucking vampire saving the world, but nevermind that)

I strongly hope you mean Spike. Because Spike>Angel and I will never back down from that one.

T-6005
10-27-2006, 12:42 AM
haha, I hate having stuff spoiled, too. I have obviously watched all the seasons of Buffy, but only the first season of Angel and a few episodes into season 2... I flipped through the channels one late night and saw Angel was on so I got excited, but it was an episode from season 5, and in a moment I found out two HUGE things that will totally ruin my watching until then :( I hate when stuff gets ruined for me.
Skip season 4 of Angel completely. There's a bunch of huge plot lines in it, but it's so crappy it deserves a complete and utter miss.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 02:17 AM
I strongly hope you mean Spike. Because Spike>Angel and I will never back down from that one.

ANGEL > SPIKE.

Skip season 4 of Angel completely. There's a bunch of huge plot lines in it, but it's so crappy it deserves a complete and utter miss.

yeah but I mean, season 7 of buffy blew but it was still worth watching...

Nina
10-27-2006, 02:22 AM
Yes indeed. I've seen all of the first season (They canceled it after that :( ).
It's a good watch if your into that sort of science fiction stuff, it definatly should not have been canceled, and only watch if you can deal with the annoyance of season one ending on a cliff-hanger that now, will never be resolved.

uughh I haaattee unsolved stuff. reminds me on motherfuckin x-files.
But yah, it has a good side to it...it's only one season so that makes me want to watch it. i think i will (starts next monday). thanks!

another thing is..the dumbfuck american population totally ruins most useful shows by not being smart/interesting/{insert good character attribute here} enough to watch them. because of that the shows get cancelled and people abroad who have some taste totally get punished for that. un-lolz.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 02:44 AM
the dumbfuck american population totally ruins most useful shows by not being smart/interesting/{insert good character attribute here} enough to watch them. because of that the shows get cancelled and people abroad who have some taste totally get punished for that. un-lolz.

Ouch, Nina. Ouch.

PS: You love 7th Heaven... you have no room to talk. :D

Nina
10-27-2006, 04:24 AM
Well, it's true :( One of my favorite shoes got cancelled because of really stupid reasons. Would have loved to watch it.
And 7th Heaven is on in about two hours, guess what I'll do then!
(answers like "puke?" are forbidden)

Mark_Bryan_420
10-27-2006, 07:36 AM
There's a THIRD one?? what morons put money into producing a SECOND one, let alone a third?? :(

I've only seen the previews,but I'd choose the third one,because I think Hayden Panettiere is a great actress. She's pretty and funny! http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/8697/haydenpanettierehqolympusfashi1.jpg Here she is!:D

JoY
10-27-2006, 07:51 AM

like, what the fuck, NO.

Mark_Bryan_420
10-27-2006, 08:04 AM
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1259514326061832696MmYKdU Here's her friend Karina,who I was talkin' to awhile back on the Hayden Forums,until someone hacked into the forums that didn't like jesse the administrator and ruined the whole thing! http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1259792245061832696toGSoH Here's Hayden and Karina clownin' around on Karina's 21st birthday last year, Feb.2005. Hayden used to date Karina's brother,however since they broke up,Karina has left the boards.:( Karina saw my picture,said I was ADORABLE, [/img]http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/graucho.gif[/img] even called me SWEETIE, :D and showed it to Hayden! Both are grateful towards me helpin' to keep spammers and posers off the forums who steal her pictures and create their own myspaces and pretend to be her or Karina!:mad: Everytime someone came on pretendin' to be them,I'd notify Karina,and she'd rip right into 'em! I hope things are O.K. between those two,since the breakup. It seems they haven't spoken to one another,since Hayden broke up with Alex. I hope they're still friends.:(

Amazed
10-27-2006, 10:49 AM
like, what the fuck, NO.

WHAT?!??!

T-6005
10-27-2006, 10:55 AM
ANGEL > SPIKE.

yeah but I mean, season 7 of buffy blew but it was still worth watching...

Spike > Angel.

And I didn't think season 7 was all that bad. The show had to end sometime. I didn't like the theme of the season that much, but I thought it was better than season 4, and had a better villain than season 5 - so nothing to really complain about.

like, what the fuck, NO.
I am sorry. u r lose.

Amazed
10-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Spike > Angel.

I agree. I hate Angel...

Llamas
10-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Spike > Angel.

And I didn't think season 7 was all that bad. The show had to end sometime. I didn't like the theme of the season that much, but I thought it was better than season 4, and had a better villain than season 5 - so nothing to really complain about.

I am sorry. u r lose.

Angel is hotter and nicer than Spike!! And Spike is in his 40s!

So, season 7 had barely any individual episodes. The potentials were annoying and all terrible actresses, Kennedy was annoying and Willow NEVER should have gotten with her, having Andrew on the good side was stupider than hell. Why did they have to wrap every single character's story up in a neat little package with ribbons? xander and anja didn't have to have sex again and then announce that they were over, for instance. What was with Buffy suddenly taking charge in every episode? That's not in her character at ALL. And her speeches were horrible! Particularly the "cookie dough" one at the end of the season.

The Initiative was an interesting evil, though Adam wasn't that great. I think the Initiative was better than the First... and especially better than Caleb. The First was exciting in the beginning, but once we knew that it could manifest in the body of anyone who'd died, not interesting anymore. The battle against him was pretty lame, too. Also, why do you and PIB hate glory so much? She's honestly one of my, if not my first, favorite villian in the entire show. Weirdos.

Jebus
10-27-2006, 12:57 PM
I agree with Mr T.

Spike > Angel

0r4ng3
10-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I don't watch the show (and never did, and probably never will), but, from what I know from commercials and such, Spike > Angel.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 01:14 PM
You people need to explain yo'selves.

T-6005
10-27-2006, 01:24 PM
And her speeches were horrible! Particularly the "cookie dough" one at the end of the season.

The speeches are clearly a running joke throughout the season. You can see it in Andrew's "Storyteller" episode, which was a hilarious one, and the cookie dough speech was the most obvious joke ever, especially with Angel's reaction.

During Season 5 of Angel, Angel and Spike go to Italy to try and win Buffy back - it's a great episode because Angel starts rambling on about cookie dough for a minute.

JoY
10-27-2006, 01:42 PM
hold on, hold on a minute. I think I see what the problem is here. I am a girl. with a vagina. with a whole lot of oestrogen in my bloodstream. the situation happens to be the same for llamas.
[...]
DUDE, Spike is fucking creepy-looking, Angel is reasonably to very yummy-looking. (depends on my mood, actually)

another case solved. I wish all things in life were this simple.

Vera
10-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Spike > Angel.

David Boreanaz in Bones > Angel + Spike combined.

Sanni = right.

JoY
10-27-2006, 02:03 PM
this vagina says it's purely about David Boreanaz. *index finger on table*

Vera
10-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Angel is so boring. His character in Bones has some character at least.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 02:17 PM
whoooooooa.

angel > DB in bones > spike.

spike is OLD, and just like bella said, creepy looking.

on bones, DB has old man hair and always wears suits. He's so much hotter in buffy and angel.

Bella is right and wins this argument. :)

Vera
10-27-2006, 02:20 PM
But he has like nooooooooooo chemistry with anyone in Angel or Buffy. But in Bones the Booth/Brennan chemistry is OFF THE HOOK, insane thermometer breaking stuff.

You guys are so wrong it physically pains me.

JoY
10-27-2006, 02:22 PM
whoooooooa.

angel > DB in bones > spike.

spike is OLD, and just like bella said, creepy looking.

on bones, DB has old man hair and always wears suits. He's so much hotter in buffy and angel.

Bella is right and wins this argument. :)

ey, oy, I've never even fucking seen Bones. I'm just drooling over David.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 02:28 PM
But he has like nooooooooooo chemistry with anyone in Angel or Buffy. But in Bones the Booth/Brennan chemistry is OFF THE HOOK, insane thermometer breaking stuff.

You guys are so wrong it physically pains me.

but he loooooooves buffy sooooo much. his chemistry with buffy is terrific, you crazy.

ey, oy, I've never even fucking seen Bones. I'm just drooling over David.

you should see bones. it's good, and he's still a hottie in it.

I feel bad for turning Gulsah's thread into a discussion about the hottness of David. However, David > Gulsah (only because he's so damn hot, though!)

JoY
10-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Gulsah's hotness can't even be compared to that of David.

& I don't own a television.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 02:32 PM
well, I haven't ever seen Gulsah... so I can't really compare.

And you don't need a tv. All you need is a downloading program. :) The only show I watch ON tv is Lost. The rest I download (like Bones).

Vera
10-27-2006, 02:41 PM
I'd do Gulsah over David, though, sorry. Then again, I like weird hairy Indian men so perhaps I should be quiet.

But yeah, I just like Bones over sooooo many other TV shows, def including Angel & Buffy. Not so much for the hawwwwttttness factor (though it exists) but his character is awesooooome and I love the dialogue/plot/characters of the show.

Vera
10-27-2006, 02:49 PM
And you don't need a tv. All you need is a downloading program. :) The only show I watch ON tv is Lost. The rest I download (like Bones).

Yeah I torrent Bones & Heroes & occasionally The Office US. Whoo illegal stuff.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 02:53 PM
The Office UK ownes the Office US on so many levels.

and torrents are the best inventions since sliced bread.

Vera
10-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Er, duhh. But US is still on and I loooove Steve Carrell, sometimes. I find the whole Jim/Pam thing quite boring at times to be honest but the whole Michael+Dwight combo is too hilarious. I haven't caught the last few episodes but am soooo downloading the next one since it features an Indian holiday (Diwali baby!) and Kelly's parents.

JoY
10-27-2006, 02:59 PM
you two have just entered a zone that is completely unknown to me.

I'll have to discuss this matter with my boyfriend & demand he installs something that allows me to integrate in this wonderful world of non-stop David & other things.

Vera
10-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Internet has so much to offer, David is just one of the good things.

Check out Bollywood first. David can wait. ;)

Llamas
10-27-2006, 03:05 PM
you two have just entered a zone that is completely unknown to me.

I'll have to discuss this matter with my boyfriend & demand he installs something that allows me to integrate in this wonderful world of non-stop David & other things.

You mean, torrent sites? It's really easy. I can walk you through it... do you have AIM or MSN?

JoY
10-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Internet has so much to offer, David is just one of the good things.

Check out Bollywood first. David can wait. ;)

oh god, Bollywood! I totally forgot I wanted to check that out for a change. that's the first thing on my list, once I understand internetz.

llamas; yes, I have MSN. you should add me either way. I'll PM you my address. I won't get on MSN now, though, because I've got an exam on Tuesday I try to concentrate on in the mean time. you can walk me through it some other time, that'd be fantastic. my boyfriend installed it pretty recently on my computer, but we had to uninstall BitTorrent, because it was wrecking my computerspeed. so that was the end of that. but he told me there are better options I should try. so with your help, that means there's a bright future full of David & apparently Bollywood ahead of me.

Vera
10-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Oooh wheee. :D *brainwashes you*

Ahem. But yes. Both Bones & Bollywood totally worth checking out.

killer_queen
10-27-2006, 04:14 PM
I don't want to sound jealous or something but.. no wait, I do like to sound jealous, that's not a problem, anyway, I want Bella's msn too. And I feel very stupid because I haven't asked it before.

killer_queen
10-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I feel bad for turning Gulsah's thread into a discussion about the hottness of David. However, David > Gulsah (only because he's so damn hot, though!)

I would say fuck you but I won't. Because David is, lyke, sooooo haaawwwwwt.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Also keep in mind that I don't know what you look like :P

killer_queen
10-27-2006, 04:28 PM
It wouldn't change anything honey. I have nice boobs but sleeping on them wouldn't be as great as sleeping on David's chest.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah, that's probably true. *sigh* oh david... however, and everyone here is going to disagree with me on this, but I don't care- but Oz > Angel or Spike...

Vera
10-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Gulsah - boob pix plz.

killer_queen
10-27-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't want to disappoint you Sanni. My boobs are not hairy.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Gulsah- boob piz plz.

T-6005
10-27-2006, 05:01 PM
but he loooooooves buffy sooooo much. his chemistry with buffy is terrific, you crazy.

That's crap. Spike gets a soul for her.

He wins.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 05:02 PM
yeah but he had to have a fucking chip put in his head first. he didn't choose to do that. and Angel already had a soul.. no options there.

T-6005
10-27-2006, 05:03 PM
yeah but he had to have a fucking chip put in his head first. he didn't choose to do that. and Angel already had a soul.. no options there.
Yeah, but he could kick her ass after season 5, since she'd already died - he didn't have to keep helping her.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 05:04 PM
He TRIED TO RAPE HER.

Vera
10-27-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't want to disappoint you Sanni. My boobs are not hairy.

I don't care. Rly! I like a lot of nonhairy chests.

T-6005
10-27-2006, 05:09 PM
He TRIED TO RAPE HER.
Unfortunate, that. Angel tried to ruin her life, she killed him, and then once he got his soul back he left.

Before Buffy even ended he'd had a love relationship with Cordelia.

Spike wins.

EDIT - ugh, this argument will never end. But I'll answer your next rebuttal later. A Risk game calleth my name.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Unfortunate, that. Angel tried to ruin her life, she killed him, and then once he got his soul back he left.

Before Buffy even ended he'd had a love relationship with Cordelia.

Spike wins.

Alright. Angel tried to ruin her life, and so did Spike. Angel left to help Buffy because he knew that them trying to be together would only hurt her. He wasn't leaving for his own benefit- he was leaving because he cared about her. He also took the burden of knowing what happened in "I will remember you".

Before Buffy ended, Spike had sex with Anja.

Also, I haven't seen all of Angel. Stop ruining things for me!!! :( :( :(

coke_a_holic
10-27-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't want to sound jealous or something but.. no wait, I do like to sound jealous, that's not a problem, anyway, I want Bella's msn too. And I feel very stupid because I haven't asked it before.

I had no idea either of you had MSN! PM addresses? Or just add me, as I'm stupid enough to leave it out for every single hispanic person on the forums to start talking to me.

T-6005
10-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Before Buffy ended, Spike had sex with Anja.

Yeah, but Spike was being rejected at that point.

mrconeman
10-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Angel fucking pwns Spike into the ground man. I mean I like both, some of my favourite Buffy moments are when they flash into the past and show Angel, Darla, Spike and Drusilla's little adventures, those episodes were great.

Also judging from those episodes Spike wasn't exactly very bad assed, he was a posh English poet to start, Angel was always the man, man.

Vera
10-28-2006, 02:51 AM
Gulsah - boob pix plz.

Fuck vampires, we've got some *real* issues to worry about now.

T-6005
10-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Angel fucking pwns Spike into the ground man. I mean I like both, some of my favourite Buffy moments are when they flash into the past and show Angel, Darla, Spike and Drusilla's little adventures, those episodes were great.

Also judging from those episodes Spike wasn't exactly very bad assed, he was a posh English poet to start, Angel was always the man, man.
WARNING - ilovellamas, you may not want to read this.

That's crap - Angel spends a long time being pathetic with a soul. During those flashbacks there's a lot of stuff that the Buffy series doesn't tell you, like that ANGEL HAS A SOUL in them and is the biggest pussy ever - can't even kill a baby, while Spike walks around for 150 years and kills 2 slayers, becoming the only vampire to do so.

Jebus
10-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Wheelchairman, why don't you watch Atlantis?

EDIT: or did you just not list it because it isn't as good as Sg-1?

wheelchairman
10-29-2006, 02:14 AM
Because it didn't exist when I was watching TV in America. And it's never come over here.

0r4ng3
10-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Scrubs.

The end.
Agreed. I have to wait 2 years for Futurama to come back, so Scrubs is the one of the only reasons I watch TV anymore.

All About Eve
10-29-2006, 07:20 AM
I had no idea either of you had MSN! PM addresses? Or just add me, as I'm stupid enough to leave it out for every single hispanic person on the forums to start talking to me.
I've had Bella's MSN for ages:cool:

And on a somewhat related note, Vera DOES like hairy Indian men. It's creepy.

mrconeman
10-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Scrubs.

The end.

Scrubs wins, the latest season seemed a bit weird to me though, I mean it was funny and all, but it lacked something the others had I think.
The next season is gunna be the final one, or so I hear, I'm sad but glad at the same time. Sad to see it go, but glad it's likely to end on a high note.

Vera
10-29-2006, 07:42 AM
And on a somewhat related note, Vera DOES like hairy Indian men. It's creepy.

I'm not even going to mention a certain boy whose both name & screen name begin with A who messaged me simply because he thought I was a HOT hairy Indian man.

Amazed
10-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Angel is hotter and nicer than Spike!! And Spike is in his 40s!

Angel is NOT hot, at all. He's lame and boring, and he's just not attractive in any way. End of discussion.

I admit that I don't find Spike very attractive either, any more. But he's still way cooler than Angel.

killer_queen
10-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Dearest Amazed,

I'm really really sick of your "nooooo he's not hot" bullshit. You might not find some people hot, that's okay. You don't have to start an argument and say "end of the discussion". Because you can't decide when to end the discussion. And you're an idiot. So please, the next time someone calls a guy (that you find lame, boring, unattractive) hot, don't forget, all you need to do is shut the fuck up. kthnxbye.

Amazed
10-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Dearest Amazed,

I'm really really sick of your "nooooo he's not hot" bullshit. You might not find some people hot, that's okay. You don't have to start an argument and say "end of the discussion". Because you can't decide when to end the discussion. And you're an idiot. So please, the next time someone calls a guy (that you find lame, boring, unattractive) hot, don't forget, all you need to do is shut the fuck up. kthnxbye.

jeez. I'm not gonna say I was kidding, 'cause I wasn't, but it's not like I was being dead serious either. you seem to think you're better than other people on these forums, but you're just mean and rude. I may be annoying sometimes, but mostly I'm a lot nicer than you are. just like I can't decide when to end a discussion you can't decide when I should shut the fuck up.

killer_queen
10-29-2006, 12:54 PM
"I might be annoying but you are mean and rude." This is the best comeback ever.

Amazed
10-29-2006, 12:57 PM
"I might be annoying but you are mean and rude." This is the best comeback ever.

what do you want me to say? that I think you're a bitch who should stop being so fucking rude to everyone? do you think others respect you because you go around telling people they're pathetic?

Endymion
10-29-2006, 01:08 PM
she's never been rude to me.

Llamas
10-29-2006, 01:19 PM
she was only rude to me when she broke my dreams by telling me that turkey was not a part of europe. :( bitches!

Anyway, she's right. We were all having a civil conversation here, and you just came and yelled "NO ANGEL IS NOT HOT YOU ARE WRONG OKAY BYE!" which is totally not cool. I think we're all interested in hearing other people's opinions, but not when people act like assholes about it.

Amazed
10-29-2006, 01:22 PM
she was only rude to me when she broke my dreams by telling me that turkey was not a part of europe. :( bitches!

Anyway, she's right. We were all having a civil conversation here, and you just came and yelled "NO ANGEL IS NOT HOT YOU ARE WRONG OKAY BYE!" which is totally not cool. I think we're all interested in hearing other people's opinions, but not when people act like assholes about it.

sorry, I didn't mean to sound like an asshole.

killer_queen
10-29-2006, 03:03 PM
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
don't read Nina

I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Can you please forgive me and tell me why those guys called Desmond's lover and said "we found him"? What happened? Are Michael and Walt coming back? I've just watched the last episode and I have to wait for a whole month for the nest episode.

Llamas
10-29-2006, 03:09 PM
which episode have you seen?

WARNING: nina, you might not want to read this.

I've seen through episode... 4 of season 3. I don't remember them calling Desmond's lover, and I don't remember when that was. Michael and Walt have not come back, and I don't know if they will. I think Walt has to come back, though. He sounded far too important. But I hate Michael and I hope he never comes back. Fucking traitor.

killer_queen
10-29-2006, 03:16 PM
2nd season's last episode. I saw it before but not all of it.

And yeah, I hate Michael too. I also hate Walt, he's got a girly voice, it's annoying.

I've seen a promo of the episode you're talking about. Kate loves Sawyer? I've always thought (and hoped) she was going to end up with Jack. Because they're both slightly annoying. And I hate seeing Sawyer with a woman. Maaan, am I crazy for this show or what...:(

Llamas
10-29-2006, 03:24 PM
NINA DON'T READ THE FIRST PARAGRAPH. You can read the second one, though. :)

Kate doesn't love Sawyer. The clip is completely misleading and I hate it. The one Other is beating the shit out of Sawyer because one of "his people" killed the Other's wife, and he makes Kate say she loves Sawyer to get him to stop. I wouldn't have ruined it for you if that clip didn't bother me so much.

I like Jack, and I like Sawyer... but I don't like Kate. I think she's a very boring character, and all she adds to the show is eye candy for the male population. Claire has been the only pretty female on the show who contributes to the plot. Shannon was a bunch of bullshit, Kate is boring and I don't even see why Jack or Sawyer like her, and Sun isn't pretty (IMO). Libby wasn't pretty, Ana Louisa wasn't either. I dunno, it seems like the plot of the show is very driven toward guys, but with Sawyer, Jack, Sayid, Charlie, and Eko always being topless, (well charlie's never topless) every girl has to be able to find something they like. haha. I'm not complaining, it's great! I just find it amusing.

Camilamazed
10-29-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm not into TV shows that much. I liked Beverly Hills (Don't remember the numbers) and Full house.

The only one I'm totally inot now is *LOST*. Although I'm getting pissed with the 3º season. The best episode untill now is the 3º. Locke and Boone were great.

Stranger With Candy
10-29-2006, 03:38 PM
i have been watching Jake 2.0 lately and i think its pretty good. it is an original show.

Vera
10-30-2006, 12:52 AM
NINA DUN REAAAAD!!!

Luke Skywalker's dad turned out to be Darth Vader in S3 finale of Lost. :eek:

More boobs and Bones talk plz.

Llamas
10-30-2006, 12:53 AM
NINA DUN REAAAAD!!!

Luke Skywalker's dad turned out to be Darth Vader in S3 finale of Lost. :eek:

More boobs and Bones talk plz.

LOL.

David Boreanaz doesn't have boobs. But I watched Buffy tonight (like every night) and he was topless again. Hesofine. I want him. I should watch an episode of Bones.

wheelchairman
10-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Snape kills Dumbledore in LOST. And the fat guy dies too. :o

Llamas
10-30-2006, 01:20 AM
First of all, I just noticed your avatar. I was definitely amused.

Second of all, have you ever seen Lost? Because there actually is a fat guy. YOU ASS!!

Vera
10-30-2006, 01:56 AM
David doesn't have manboobs like Dex? Ohhhh, he is SO coming off my list of "dudes I'd shag"!!! Only hairy Indian guys or white guys with manboobs allowed on that list. :mad:

Just kidding. Srsly, I meant Gulsah's boobs. Christ, what do you take me for?

Llamas
10-30-2006, 02:00 AM
I take you for a manboob luvah, duh. I knew you meant gulsah's boobs, I was just trying to be an ass.

Speaking of Bones...

I'd jump Gulsah's.

wheelchairman
10-30-2006, 02:01 AM
First of all, I just noticed your avatar. I was definitely amused.

Second of all, have you ever seen Lost? Because there actually is a fat guy. YOU ASS!!

Yeah of course I've seen lost. I watch it all the time. He's the superistitious guy. "oooh the numbers."

Vera
10-30-2006, 02:01 AM
LAWLZ nice one. ;) I'm contemplating whether to order S1 DVD of Bones.. It came out on Region 2 today and I love the show but enough to rewatch episodes? Hmm tough call.

Llamas
10-30-2006, 02:03 AM
are you guys still on season 2 over there? and if Hurley died, that would be horrible. so much would be lost (ha. that was lame.) we'd never know if there was meaning behind his superstitions... or why he was in the crazyplace.

Llamas
10-30-2006, 02:04 AM
LAWLZ nice one. ;) I'm contemplating whether to order S1 DVD of Bones.. It came out on Region 2 today and I love the show but enough to rewatch episodes? Hmm tough call.

I'm not a fan enough to buy it... I just downloaded all of season 1. I don't think I'd rewatch episodes, except maybe to see more David.

Vera
10-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Well I love the characters, the banter, the chemistry of Brennan and Booth... But yeah, it's a puzzle. I normally only buy comedy shows because I normally only consider those worth re-watching.

Have NEVER bought a drama-ish show on DVD before. So yeah. Considering.

Llamas
10-30-2006, 02:06 AM
Minus buffy and angel, I pretty much agree. I guess I have season 1 of party of five, but otherwise it's crap like aqua teen hunger force, family guy, space ghost coast to coast, mad tv, the office... all comedy. I like to watch tv that I can just watch one or two of in isolation without having to keep watching.

JoY
10-30-2006, 03:10 AM
hahahaha, this has turned into a topic Nina should avoid with passion. man, half of what's in here could so easily crush her fragile addictions to television series. poor Nins.<3

Amazed; Gulsah is direct, straight to the point & blatantly honest. she isn't rude, or mean, she has this habit of not trying to sugarcoat her messages with politeness, making points vague & long by circling around them like an eagle circling around its prey.

& you can't say David Boreanaz IS not hot, when to me he totally is. end of discussion.

Llamas
10-30-2006, 03:16 AM
hahahaha, this has turned into a topic Nina should avoid with passion. man, half of what's in here could so easily crush her fragile addictions to television series. poor Nins.<3
only to Lost, and we tried to warn her!

Amazed; Gulsah is direct, straight to the point & blatantly honest. she isn't rude, or mean, she has this habit of not trying to sugarcoat her messages with politeness, making points vague & long by circling around them like an eagle circling around its prey.
I like this analogy. And I think that most people on this board that are "cool" are very direct and non-sugar coated. I don't think it makes any of them mean.

& you can't say David Boreanaz IS not hot, when to me he totally is. end of discussion. ...and to anyone with a brain, heart or soul.

Edit: JOY check your freakin' PMs!

Amazed
10-30-2006, 09:01 AM

& you can't say David Boreanaz IS not hot, when to me he totally is. end of discussion.

there's a difference between being honest and having the need to insult people for no reason to prove that you're above them.

and like I said, I'm sorry if I came across as an asshole. I just wanted to say that I do not understand why people find david boreanaz hot. I do know that it's a matter of opinions, not facts.

Minus buffy and angel, I pretty much agree. I guess I have season 1 of party of five, but otherwise it's crap like aqua teen hunger force, family guy, space ghost coast to coast, mad tv, the office... all comedy. I like to watch tv that I can just watch one or two of in isolation without having to keep watching.

did you just call family guy crap?!

Endymion
10-30-2006, 10:10 AM

family guy is a steaming pile of feces.

Jebus
10-30-2006, 10:47 AM
oh yeah, I need to second Veture Bros. Great show. I think you could find most of the episodes on http://www.dailymotion.com. Just search for "Venture Bros 0x" (01,02, etc...)

You could also find every Office (American) episode there too.

Jakebert
10-30-2006, 12:00 PM

No, she misspelled "fucking lame".

Llamas
10-30-2006, 12:05 PM
the shows I referred to as "crap" means that they're not good shows, but the types of shows I watch here and there to pass the time. aqua teen I MIGHT deem as good... but the others are just procrastination tools. family guy is not the piece of comedic gold millions claim it to be. It was ignored when it aired before cancellation, and people all jumped on the "omg I like a show that was cancelled! bring it back!" bandwagon... and now the show (and the movie) are downright lame. Hey, I watch the show, but I can admit that it's not that great.

wheelchairman
10-30-2006, 12:24 PM
I like Family Guy, I watched it when it was first on, and I still like it. Many people claim it's not original, but to be honest I could care less. I find it funnier than the newer simpson's episodes.

Amazed
10-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I love Family Guy. I think it's a lot better than The Simpsons.

Llamas
10-30-2006, 12:33 PM
I like Family Guy, I watched it when it was first on, and I still like it. Many people claim it's not original, but to be honest I could care less. I find it funnier than the newer simpson's episodes.

It is funny. I find myself laughing at it, and it is definitely funnier than the newer simpsons episodes. It's definitely not as smart as older simpsons (or as funny, IMO), but it is funny. I just have grown tired of the slew of people worshipping it, even its new episodes, as though it's some unknown holy grail. Every person I know owns it on DVD and takes every oppurtunity to brag about it... maybe that's just how it is in the US.

EDIT: realized I'd put apostrophes in "Simpsons" both times for no reason. :(

coke_a_holic
10-30-2006, 12:44 PM
I detest Family Guy and don't find it funny in the least. Non-sequitor humor doesn't phase me in the least, and that's basically all they do.

"Hey, this is a strange situation, remember that strange situation a while back which has nothing to do with this specific moment, but was written by one of the writers for the show and therefore has to be included despite it not fitting in the storyline?"

Llamas
10-30-2006, 12:47 PM
I detest Family Guy and don't find it funny in the least. Non-sequitor humor doesn't phase me in the least, and that's basically all they do.

"Hey, this is a strange situation, remember that strange situation a while back which has nothing to do with this specific moment, but was written by one of the writers for the show and therefore has to be included despite it not fitting in the storyline?"

That's what I dislike about the movie and the newest seasons. The first few seasons weren't so much like that- the episodes actually had plots. Now it's just a whole bunch of situations that make no sense. The movie was nothing but, "oh, this joke was really popular when it aired on tv! Let's reuse the joke and expand it for the movie!" 500 times. It got old really fast.

coke_a_holic
10-30-2006, 12:49 PM
I mean, I used to love the show, but slowly I realized that it seems like they're writing it backwards. First they come up with a string of jokes, then they come up with a poorly-written storyline that can vaguely encompass said jokes in a way that is simply not funny.

As stand alone jokes, they're great, but the context they put them in just makes them seem stupid and irrelevant.

0r4ng3
10-30-2006, 01:55 PM
And that is exactly why Futurama > Family Guy.

I mean, that's not the only reason, but still.

wheelchairman
10-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Futarama I never ever found amusing. And I thought I would, I love the Simpsons and I love science fiction.

Family Guy is different in that the jokes just come about completely randomly. There is no lesson to be learned in the plots and no real meaning. It's just supposed to be pure comedy. And that does amuse me. Sometimes you're like "What the fuck just happened" and I love it.

And it works in Family Guy. For example the South Park "Crab people" episode would've worked much better had it been done by family guy, but it wasn't, and it was really really bad. And I don't even watch the new simpsons.

Don't you just miss Home Improvement?

JoY
10-30-2006, 03:40 PM
I loved Home Improvement.

"HUH??" (I'm not sure anyone will get this, I'm pretty drunk)

mrconeman
10-30-2006, 04:09 PM
"HUH??" (I'm not sure anyone will get this, I'm pretty drunk)
The intro right?
<3 to Home Improvement.

T-6005
10-30-2006, 04:12 PM
I hate Family Guy.

That is all.

0r4ng3
10-30-2006, 04:14 PM
The thing with Family Guy is, you either love it or hate it.

Or think it's okay.

Llamas
10-30-2006, 07:28 PM
I think aqua teen hunger force kicks family guy's ass when it comes to being completely randomly funny with the "what the fuck just happened??" moments.

Vera
10-31-2006, 01:25 AM
Family Guy I've only seen a few episodes of. I personally really liked it but I can see how overhype would make you not want to like or watch the show or how the humor could get old. Lost, House MD, Prison Break.. A lot of shows got killed from overhype for me. Thankfully I discovered some shows like Bones & Heroes completely on my own, so there was no "everyone and their dog loves this show!"-sort of feel.

I wish Simpsons was funny nowadays. :(

Floyd the Barber
10-31-2006, 05:07 AM
I wish Simpsons was funny nowadays. :(

Hell yes. I saw the Treehouse of Horror episode from 1992 (season 4) a couple days ago and it was hilarious. Too bad the show has been crap for a while.

JoY
10-31-2006, 05:21 AM
The intro right?
<3 to Home Improvement.

yesss! dude, Home Improvement was awesome. not too many people I know liked it, though. boo.

Vera
10-31-2006, 08:43 AM
I used to watch it as a kid. Because I was a kid. Tim Allen WTF seriously.

Bella is odd.

Llamas
11-07-2006, 02:47 PM
OMG NINA, GULSAH AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO LIKES LOST.

have you seen this? I love it. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sawyer.php

Nina
11-07-2006, 02:49 PM
ahahahha
i know the llama version. but i absolutely love that one most.
and this is the only post i saw. thanks for the warning earlier :D

Nina
11-07-2006, 02:53 PM
let me rephrase that. after listening to it for 4min straight i FUCKING LOVE IT.

eeeeeeeeeee!!

Llamas
11-07-2006, 03:07 PM
hahaha that's amazing! I don't have sound on my computer at work, so I just watched it and imagined the song. It was still amazing.

Jebus
11-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Per, you could find links to a bunch of Stargate Atlantis episodes here (http://www.tv-links.co.uk/Stargate%20Atlantis_links.html) if you're interested. Most of them are there but there's a few missing from season 1 and 2. It's a really good spin-off. I highly recommend it.

Endymion
11-07-2006, 05:55 PM
battlestar galactica superior!

GBH2
11-07-2006, 06:20 PM
seinfeld ftw!

and i liked arrested developement as well

Isolated Fury
11-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Seinfeld was horrible.

0r4ng3
11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Seinfeld was missing something. I think some people refer to it as "humor".

Llamas
11-07-2006, 07:57 PM
I've tried watching it. In an entire half hour episode, I've found myself sort of giggling maybe twice. Not a funny show.

Venom Symbiote
11-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Oh, come on. Seinfeld's a classic.

It's no less funny to watch these days than the early Simpsons. Those were the best shows of the early-mid '90s. Seinfeld is now gone and the Simpsons now suck, so yeah, whatever.

Llamas
11-07-2006, 08:38 PM
The difference is that watching the old simpsons episodes makes me laugh, while seinfeld doesn't.

coke_a_holic
11-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Seinfeld is fantastic, you people are just stupid! :mad: :mad: :mad:

killer_queen
11-08-2006, 03:17 AM
OMG NINA, GULSAH AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO LIKES LOST.

have you seen this? I love it. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sawyer.php

Bahahhahaha! Priceless, absolutely priceless! I love the Sawyersawyerlocke part. Thank you for making me laugh <3

Jakebert
11-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Seinfeld was very hit-or-miss. Some episodes are brilliant, others are so dull they're painful to watch.

Original prankstA
11-08-2006, 04:33 AM
Im not sure if anybody mentioned The Office yet but i think it's a really great show

GBH2
11-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Seinfeld was missing something. I think some people refer to it as "humor".
well, everyone knows you're an idiot. you probably don't understand it.

I've tried watching it. In an entire half hour episode, I've found myself sort of giggling maybe twice. Not a funny show.

Seinfeld was horrible.

ditto to what i wrote above, minus the "idiot" part.

wheelchairman
11-08-2006, 01:39 PM
What's ruined Seinfeld is the fans. They make the show seem so freakin' pretentious. It was good, it wasn't *that* good.

Llamas
11-08-2006, 06:57 PM

ditto to what i wrote above, minus the "idiot" part.

I did understand the show. I "got" the jokes. I didn't think they were funny, though. I hate when people say that if you don't like something, you just don't understand it. It's like Tool fans. "You just don't like Tool because you're not smart enough to understand their deep lyrics!!1!11!"

0r4ng3
11-08-2006, 07:18 PM
No, I understood it, I just didn't find it funny. Everyone has a different sense of humor, and it doesn't make them idiots. Except you for assuming that the only reason that I don't think it's funny is because I would be too stupid to understand it.

Apathy
11-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Seinfeld is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

I love how every situation a character gets into, it always affects a different character on the show in some random way. All of the mini-plots are entangled with each other.

Vera
11-09-2006, 12:59 AM
It was people being insensitive & mean, but it wasn't as funny as some other shows that came later & had insensitive characters.

I recognize the show's importance to American sitcom but generally find it overrated as hell.

Jakebert
11-09-2006, 03:40 AM

It's not hard to understand. The "everyday life" subject matter really makes it universal and easy to get. The simple fact is that a lot of the episodes just aren't funny. I'm a casual fan myself, but there's a lot of episodes that are just dull as fuck.

igniton/pyro
11-10-2006, 10:33 AM
the only tv show i watsh is donald trump. he is so fucking cool. YOUR FIERD!