PDA

View Full Version : Papa Roach

greek
10-22-2006, 09:18 AM
what is your opinion about the new cd of papa roach?
i think that they won't ever be like infest and lovehatetragedy but the new album is pretty good

Llamas
10-22-2006, 04:20 PM
infest was horrible.
lovehatetragedy was very good.
getting away with murder was mediocre.
the paramour sessions is good... not as good ast LHT, but better than infest or GAWM.

it saddens me that anyone likes Infest. :(

Yatesy
10-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Infest was the only ever Papa Roach album I liked when I was a teen. However I find it impossible to like this band just for the song Scars alone.

wheelchairman
10-22-2006, 04:28 PM
I loved Papa Roach...

when I was 13.

Tigger Army
10-25-2006, 04:51 AM
the scratching shit on infest made me dislike the music. Lucky for them (like they care about my opinion) I saw them live three time (on festivals I happened to visite) and exept on the last one (pukkelpop 2004) they really rocked. No scratchers!! Woohooo!

Llamas
10-25-2006, 05:16 AM
the scratchers and the rapping were AWFUL. the lyrics blew, too. They grew out of that "what's popular" phase, though, and I think they're pretty decent now. I agree they're rather generic, but I like em. Nobody I'd pay to go see live or buy merchandise from, though.

Tigger Army
10-25-2006, 05:28 AM
the scratchers and the rapping were AWFUL. the lyrics blew, too. They grew out of that "what's popular" phase, though, and I think they're pretty decent now. I agree they're rather generic, but I like em. Nobody I'd pay to go see live or buy merchandise from, though.

well yes, that pretty much sums up the way I look at this band. A nice adition to my 3 days summer festival but nothing more

HeadAroundU
10-25-2006, 08:02 AM
here are some facts:
- I'll probably go to hell because of listening to them.
- the scratchers and the rapping? You guys are close-minded. It's a good way to jew up songs.
- Infest is far superior then next albums. This album developed through a long time. If I could compare it to the offspring, Infest=Americana. Kick ass guitars and unforgettable songs.
- I like The paramour sessions. It's good but nothing special. "Forever" is my favourite song so far.
- Need to check 2nd and 3rd album carefully.

Llamas
10-25-2006, 08:06 AM
here are some facts:
- I'll probably go to hell because of listening to them.
meh, no matter what, they're not THAT bad.

- the scratchers and the rapping? You guys are close-minded. It's a good way to jew up songs.
rapping can add a lot of good to songs if you're GOOD at it. :P

- Infest is far superior then next albums. This album developed through a long time. If I could compare it to the offspring, Infest=Americana. Kick ass guitars and unforgettable songs.
no no no! it's horrible! I'm right you're wrong!

- I like The paramour sessions. It's good but nothing special.
agreed.

- Need to check 2nd and 3rd album carefully.
definitely check lovehatetragedy. getting away with murder was so so.

HeadAroundU
10-25-2006, 08:37 AM
I'll check them both for sure. I got them saved very watchfully and it's kinda strange that I didn't get into them after Infest which I loved. I need to figure out what went wrong.

As for lovehatetrategy, I really liked "time and time again". What's your favourite songs from this album?

Llamas
10-25-2006, 08:49 AM
I have a few favorites. Decompression Period Singular Indestructible Droid, and Black Clouds are probably my favorite three, though. And I really enjoy Gouge Away, though on a completely different level.

As for Getting Away With Murder goes... I really like Blood and Take Me. Those two songs alone make the album good. Do or Die is also really good. Scars is a weak point (though I don't see why everyone HATES it so much), and there are a few songs that are very forgettable.

Tigger Army
10-25-2006, 11:36 AM
here are some facts:

The rapping I can live with really. The scratching I can't. I concider myself to be rather openminded when it comes to music in general though. Concidering I listen anything between Black metal (probably famous for their narrow-minded fans) and musical (not exactly similar to black metal I'd think) and even some classical orientated stuff.

Scratching is the one thing in music I really can't stand though :)

HeadAroundU
10-25-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm not really a huge fan of scratching but I didn't notice anything annoying on Infest. I'll check this album too. :)

T-6005
10-26-2006, 02:04 AM
I thought Infest was easily their best.

Lovehatetragedy was almost Infest, only in boring and repetitive and none of the real energy of the first album.

Getting Away with Murder had a few mildly catchy tunes - didn't like it that much. I hated Scars, in fact, but some of the other songs were alright.

I gave the new album a complete miss.

Forza
10-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Songs like Last Resort, Broken Home and Between Angels And Insects are just unforgettable. How can you even say the songs on Lovehatetragedy are better? They're monotonous, at very best.

Stranger With Candy
10-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Getting Away with Murder is the worst album i got(right afther american idiot) and i bet the new album wont be anny better.

HeadAroundU
10-26-2006, 09:18 AM
T-6005, agreed!

So I was listening to Infest and I noticed scratching at song # 7 and 8. Well, this is not a reason why you don't like it.

Infest is fun to listen. What you people think about a hidden song "tightrope"? What style is that? Jamaican? I like it.