PDA

View Full Version : Snowboarding..

Second Time Around
10-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Goin in January... First time... What are the chances that I return home in a full body cast?

Pretty high I think :o How about you?

Italia311
10-22-2006, 10:47 AM
My first time snowboarding...I could walk for like the next 3 days. Muscles were hurting is places I never thought they could exist.

Its fun though. I have been doing it for quite awhile now thanks to this winterous wonderous land Canada.

Second Time Around
10-22-2006, 10:53 AM
And it's Canada i'm flying out to... Not bad going for my first time!

Italia311
10-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Where in Canada are you going to snowboard????

Second Time Around
10-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Banff...? In the Rockies... Alberta... I think.. :D

I hated geography.

Linda
10-22-2006, 11:18 AM
My first time snowboarding...I could walk for like the next 3 days.

What's so unusual about that? :p

Italia311
10-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Couldn't.

Never been to out outwest. Quebec though, has some real great snowboarding. MY most favorite place by far. Good luck and have fun

randman21
10-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Hey, Second Time Around, I think you should be fine, as long as you don't try X-games caliber moves and such. I don't believe many people become incapacitated after the first time. Good luck.

btw, is anyone else singing the theme from "Step by Step"?

Mota Boy
10-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Be prepared for your ass to hurt. A lot. Mainly it takes dedication, especially if you already ski, snowboarding seems overly difficult and it's frustrating to spend the first day only on the basics. I was the only one of my siblings who kept up with lessons after the first day, but by the end of the week I was going down every run with 'em. Just be ready for a sore ass, and probably a few good faceplants, but it's a blast when you get the hang of it.

Second Time Around
10-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Nice haha. As long as I have fun overall, I don't much mind about my arse falling off, or my arms or legs for that matter.

I have 3 lessons booked for November, so hopefully i'll pick it up ok, (i'm a fairly quick learner) before i go off to Canada.

And I swear I used to speak to you on this couple of years ago, before I forgot my username and password and they changed the site. If I didn't, then I just remember reading your posts :)

Ramble over! :D