PDA

View Full Version : Usps Bs.

Vera
10-25-2006, 04:27 AM
I have an eBay order coming that was sent on October 6th via USPS. I had a tracking code and since orders from US usually arrive within two weeks but this one hasn't, I went to www.usps.com to check it out.

It said:

Label/Receipt Number: *************

Your item was accepted at 5:03 pm on October 06, 2006 in [New York ZIP code]. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

--

ACCEPTED?! Does that mean the motherfucking thing hasn't even been sent out yet? And this be friggin' Air Mail! It should get here, it doesn't even weight much or anything.

Help me out, folks, and plz tell me that U.S. Bullshit Service hasn't lost my package or anything. :(

Edit: Damn no all caps rule with titles...

Llamas
10-25-2006, 04:33 AM
it says it was accepted in october 6th... it's october 25th. something's wrong. it hasn't been updated in in 19 days. Is there a way to contact them? Probably phone wouldn't work, but maybe email?

Vera
10-25-2006, 05:38 AM
Hmm perhaps I should do that, yeah.

Though shit, should I email USPS, who'll probably tell me it's shipped and somehow lost in international mail OR should I email the merchant of the item I bought? Hmmm..

Llamas
10-25-2006, 05:43 AM
:-/ Sorry if I just repeated what you already knew... I don't think they lost your package, though. I think their system just had a fuck up.

Vera
10-25-2006, 05:53 AM
Emailed USPS. Hope they get back to me and hope it's not "Yeah you Europeans must've lost it... Sucks for you!".

Llamas
10-25-2006, 05:55 AM
I think the USPS system tells you on their tracking service when the package leaves their hands, though. Like "we've accepted it", "we've sent it", "finland received it", etc, etc. If it doesn't say on the tracker that they've sent it, that means UPS is at fault if it's lost or something's messed up.

Nina
10-25-2006, 05:58 AM
Well to me "accepted" means that you received the item. But you dont live in NY (too bad huh?) so I think they screwed up on that part, you know? Maybe they accidentally got the wrong adress. I'm not trying to scare you tho, that's just how it sounds to me.

Llamas
10-25-2006, 06:05 AM
Well to me "accepted" means that you received the item. But you dont live in NY (too bad huh?) so I think they screwed up on that part, you know? Maybe they accidentally got the wrong adress. I'm not trying to scare you tho, that's just how it sounds to me.

I thought about that, too, but then they'd also have gotten the date wrong, because it was sent on october 6th, but also was delivered to the house on october 6th. Even if it was in the same city, it would take a day to get there. Plus, getting the wrong address in the wrong street, city, state, country, and continent is even a little more than I'd expect USPS to fuck up ;)

Vera
10-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Naw, accepted means the package is accepted at the post office, not delivered & arrived at another one.

Common tracking terms defined

* Acceptance scan means that the package was received by the Post Office™ for mailing.
* Arrival scan means that the package arrived at the Post Office for delivery.
* Delivered scan means that the mailman delivered the package to the location that is on the mailpiece.

Nina
10-25-2006, 09:31 AM
That's their personal definition :P
Good to know, tho! Hope they'll email you soon.

Vera
10-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Me too.. Fscking annoying. :/

Tizzalicious
10-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Did you hear anything yet? It hasn't been THAT long, it should have been faster by e-mail, but it happened to me before too, that it took a long time anyway. I hope it'll arrive!

Vera
10-25-2006, 02:06 PM
It said they'd process my inquiry and get back to me in 1-2 days. I'll be sooo embarrassed if I find the item on my doorstep tomorrow morning. Though pleased. :D

Vera
10-26-2006, 04:55 AM
Ashjfgdjhfgdfjgdhg FUCKERS.

--

Dear SANNI **************,

Thank you for contacting us about ************ [order label]. For assistance with
your International inquiry please contact our Customer Service
Representatives at 1-800-222-1811.

* Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (Eastern Time).
* Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
* Sunday and Postal Holidays -closed (Unless otherwise directed).

If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate
to contact me. Thank you for choosing the United States Postal Service®.

Regards,

Jennifer S.

--

Fuckerssssss. The very reason I e-mailed you was so that I wouldn't have to call your shitty service internationally.

Lars
10-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Does a 1-800 number even work outside of the US? or am I mixing my numbers up....

I hate when customer services reply to you with a standard response message.

I had a delievery service which didn't deliver my stuff and didn't update the online tracking (it was just on the vehicle even the next day, it never returned to their warehouse etc...) and when I phoned they said they attempted to deliver and that someone said I didn't exist. They tried to deliver it to the wrong address. When I actually went to pick it up they were going to attempt to charge me cash on delivery.

Nina
10-26-2006, 07:45 AM
That's really fucking stupid. They're really late and now you have to call them although it's their fault.
But nothing tops the German post office :) I hate it's fucking guts and want every single employee to die :) :)

Vera
10-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Nina, happy smilies? :D

Lars, wow, that is one sucky business. Truly! :/

I'll contact the seller - it's an eBay shop - and see what they can do.

Llamas
10-26-2006, 11:26 AM
That's really fucking stupid. They're really late and now you have to call them although it's their fault.
But nothing tops the German post office :) I hate it's fucking guts and want every single employee to die :) :)

you really have some emotional problems with many things german, don't you nina? ;)

Nina
10-26-2006, 02:42 PM
This is really an exception, tho.
I apologize in advance to Sanni for using this topic as a medium to express my hatred.

The German post office used to be owned by the government. Now it's private and they are the biggest piece of shit in the history of post offices. They need TWO WEEKS to deliver letters when it is said that they need one day. That's certainly not normal. They have insane prices that make me want to cry my eyeballs out. And things get "lost" under mysterious conditions. Before you say it's like that everywhere else too: The father of my bf's friend (yah, I know...heh) used to be a mailman and he said that it was common to steal something every day. And it's not like only one mailman does it....many mailmen do it. So many of my things have gone lost already...you have no idea.
bvmvklesmfd

Llamas
10-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Wow! That seriously is fucked up. I don't even get why you'd want to steal mail... not to mention, why hasn't anyone stepped in? If so much mail has just disappeared, and it can be tracked to the post office as the point of loss, people much catch on that they're stealing or losing a LOT of mail... seems really ridiculous that nobody's done anything about it.

EDIT: I'm shocked that WCM hasn't stormed this thread with his vast mailman knowledge.

Nina
10-26-2006, 02:57 PM
The thing is, it doesnt make sense to complain. It's not secure mail. But you know...to make mail secure you'd have to pay more than double the price. A secure letter for instance costs 2€ more; the regular price is 55cent. So...obviously no one does that. And that's when the post office can say "...oh well." when things get lost.
My bf is a power seller on ebay and unsecured mail got lost waaaayy too often. You can go there and "try" to track it down, but it usually never happens. I myself sell stuff and two things got lost so far...and I've been in that selling community for about two and a half months. ugh.
There are other mail services but they're only cheaper when you send packages (which I obviously use).

Tizzalicious
10-26-2006, 10:35 PM
A normal letter is 55 cents? Crazy. What about one inside europe? And how heavy can it be?

Our postal system just got privatized too, I hope we won't get shit like that. Things get lost now, and they are changing the price of the stamps (39 cents for 20 grams to 45 cents) already, but it shouldn't get worse =/

Nina
10-27-2006, 02:27 AM
wooowww...what?! 39cent for 20g?! that's insane. the cheapest stamp in Germany is the price for a postcard or a flat consignment under 20g, but the latter is for sellers only (45cent for both). I actually cant use that cause I'm not a real seller and dont pay taxes. In fact, I'll be in trouble if they ever open my stuff. haha.

Aaand prices within the EU depend on the country. Most countries around Germany (The Netherlands inclused) have 1,90€ for a letter or anything under 50g that's flat, I think.

:/

Vera
10-27-2006, 02:42 AM
Oh man, Germany's situation sounds super fucked up. They've been talking about privatizing post here - I'd fucking die if they did and things went to shit because of it. Then again Finland's smaller than Germany so I'm pretty sure people would protest and the government could step in somehow.

Aaanyway, e-mailed the seller. Long story short; it's definitely been shipped out so the problem lies within the EU borders. I'mma give until next week, since I'll be superbusy to try and go to post office and customs to track it down. But next Wednesday, if it's not on my door step, I'll have to go hunt for it.

Llamas
10-27-2006, 02:43 AM
1,90€ for a letter or anything under 50g that's flat, I think.:/

WHAATT?? holy shit!!! We still pay 39 cents to send a normal letter. I can't believe that...

Nina
10-27-2006, 04:29 AM
Well, but it's within Europe...a letter from the US to Canada should also be more than 39cents.

Sanni, I really hope that your item is an exception...cause if they always needed so long to deliver packages I'd completely ban USPS from my list of useful deliverers.

Vera
10-27-2006, 05:11 AM
I think the problem is at my end so yeah, Finnish post = h8? Will see.